It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepy things kids have said to you

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
This doesn't qualify as creepy... unless the concept of reincarnation creeps you out. It just happened too!

Our four-year-old sat down next to me last night and, out of the blue, said "Mom, I remember what it was like before I was born." I said 'Really? What was it like?" He said... "I was in your tummy. It was dark and warm and ... just right."

I kind of laughed. I have no idea why he said this, but since he was thinking about it, I thought I'd ask a bit more. I asked, "Do you remember what it was like before then?"

He thought for a while and said "I was with God before then. And after I die I'll be with God until he makes me into a baby again and I get to be born again."

I will say that we are a Christians, so we do not teach reincarnation -- and we actually don't talk about the afterlife at all to the kids either at this age (they are 3 and 4). We focus our "religious" teachings at this age on kindness, thankfulness, compassion, etc. Our son does go to a diverse preschool, and has friends that are Hindu, Muslim, and Jewish, so I wondered if maybe one of his friends had talked about it. I asked him and he said that no, he never talked about it with his friends. He just "knew on his own".

So it was a surprising conversation, but not really a creepy one.

Excellent thread - thanks for posting!

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

I had almost the same conversation with my son.
Can't remember how old he was at the time though, I'm guessing 4.
I'm not sure what he replied to my question about memories of before my tummy.
It kind of got fuzzy.

edit on 29-4-2013 by z00mster because: Inserted 'reply to' code

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I can't compete with the article and all of your stories here when it comes to creepiness.
But my son (6) has on occasion said things that made me think or even gave me the chills.

The most recent thing he said was that his school was going to be bombed.
When I told him that something like that happening here (in the Netherlands) is very unlikely, he replied that it would happen after the war starts. (With a 'duh' like tone in his voice)

About a week ago he was wondering about the universe and gave his explanation.
He said that there is not just one universe but there are many.
When I asked him to elaborate he said that the worlds are laying eggs.
And sometimes when there are a lot of eggs, it will 'split, or divide' and so on...

He has a vivid imagination, but I like this 'thinking outside the box'.

The one occasion where he really freaked me out though was when the pope was elected.
We hadn't watched any tv that day.
I read him a story before bedtime and just before he went to sleep he said:
"By the way, the pope has been elected. Finally someone who's 'personal'."
and
"At least now I won't be bored all the time"

Just after he said that I began searching online if indeed there had been white smoke.
When I found it I could see that he had told me just after the pope was elected.
Mind you, we are not religious.
Hindsight I think the most amazing thing he said was that this pope is 'personal' because what I have learned so far, this new pope really is.
I am still wondering what he meant by not being bored with this pope.

Oh well, we'll just have to wait and see

edit on 29-4-2013 by z00mster because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I once walked into my son's room (he was 2 at the time) after hearing him talking at night, when I got there, I asked him who he was talking to.....he looked at me with a face like"isnt it obvious" I am talking to grandpa, he's sitting right there!(pointing to the foot of his bed). My dad Had passed away a few years earlier...when my son was barely a year old.

This didn't scare me though, it actuyally reassured me in a way...To me, It meant that my dad was watching over him, and my entire family of course,

Great idea for a thread OP, S+F
edit on 29-4-2013 by Teye22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
When I was baby sitting this little girl. she said "No i dont wanna eat in the kitchen there a bloody girl under the table" I looked and i was scared too

edit on 29-4-2013 by Casualboy100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Casualboy100

That would have freaked the bejesus outa me!!!!!

woah

It could have been worst, YOU could have seen it too...

edit on 29-4-2013 by Teye22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Teye22
reply to post by Casualboy100

That would have freaked the bejesus outa me!!!!!

woah

I asked her "What?" and she said "shes on top of the chairs under the table" I was freaked out!!

Of course i checked it out and there was nothing, still scary
edit on 29-4-2013 by Casualboy100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
When my niece was very young she had an "imaginary friend" named Sarah. When I asked her when I can meet her she told me "You can't see her. She's dead".

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
Break out the original Mortal Combat and let him win?

It's Mortal Kombat...yeeeesh!

But realize this game is NOT for the original Nintendo...this game was put on the Super Nintendo!!

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
My husband and I just recently questioned our oldest daughter about "scary girl", who she claimed visited her at night. She's 9 now and still remembers.

She was around 2 when we first learned of the occurrence. She even drew pictures and I think I may have kept some. Maybe I could post them?

She was never afraid of "scary girl" so I'm unclear on why she chose that name. Basically this girl would come to her room in the middle of the night and dance around.

I suppose she was experiencing a type of sleep paralysis phenomenon? She used to sleep walk back then too, which totally creeped me out!

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
When I was a teenager I used to babysit a lot.

One evening I was babysitting this really sweet five year old girl. We spent the afternoon playing games, watching movies, etc. etc.

Finally, it was about bedtime. Because we'd gone on a digging spree in the backyard, she was quite dirty and needed a bath.

I had her soaking in bubble bath and was getting her pajamas ready when she started screaming. Now, I was right outside the bathroom door so it was just a matter of opening the door wider.

There she sat, eyes wide and filled with terror, pointing her finger at the corner and screaming like a banshee.

I ran to her and asked "What's wrong?"

She kept screaming and pointing at the corner. I looked but saw nothing.

At last I got her out of the tub, dried her off, and calmed her down. She begged me to lay down in bed with her, so I did. Then I asked what had scared her so badly.

"It was the dark man," she said. "He lives under our porch and likes to eat the worms. I only see him outside. Maybe he came in tonight to see you."

Well, that was the last time I babysat for that family. Still gives me the willies to think about.
edit on 29-4-2013 by smyleegrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by z00mster

About a week ago he was wondering about the universe and gave his explanation.
He said that there is not just one universe but there are many.
When I asked him to elaborate he said that the worlds are laying eggs.
And sometimes when there are a lot of eggs, it will 'split, or divide' and so on...

He has a vivid imagination, but I like this 'thinking outside the box'.

Just a thought that came up while reading this section...

This type of elaboration kind of goes in line with Hinduism and the idea of an egg splitting and dividing being the start of our universe.

I find your son's calmness with the upcoming war not coincidental as Jesus said not to worry about the wars.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I've got one to chime in with. When my daughter was 4, we moved into a new house (literally new) on a Nat Am reservation and she started talking about the "orange haired girl" and drawing pictures of a girl with orange hair. We thought that it was an imaginary friend because we imagined the orange hair to be quite literally orange like a clown or something. That belief of ours was radically changed one night. You see, my daughter would get spooked out at night and come pattering into our room to my side of the bed. I'd lift the covers and she'd climb into bed with her dad reaching over me to give her a comforting pat. It was a total routine in that house. One night, I heard the door open, patter patter patter to the side of my bed. I lifted the covers and felt weight on the bed. SO reached over to give the comforting pat but we both instantly realized that there was nothing there.
So basically, we both responded out of habit to what we mistook as our daughter when there was nothing corporeal there at all. I took it better than he did because I saw it as maybe something wanting to be reassured like our daughter. He hit the roof and called a medicine man the next day for a blessing.

The kicker? After we moved off the reservation, my daughter came home from her first day at school to tell me that her teacher had orange hair. When conference day arrived, it turned out that "orange hair" meant a redhead. My daughter had never seen a redhead on the reservation, where the population was around 99% Native American. The "orange hair" girl finally made sense. My daughter was probably seeing what would normally be called a redhead. Creepy, eh?

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
My son is nearly 5 now, and when we were living in our first house (from his birth to nearly 3), in his bedroom he pointed to the corner next to the window, saying there was a lady. In the hall, he would tell us there was a little girl at the door.
I saw corner of the eye phenomena quite often in that house, for example, a black four legged shape quite low to the ground, but a large dog size, walking into the living room. As I looked round in shock (since we had no animals), there was nothing there.
Twinkly lights which would spark suddenly all throughout the place.
Once I was in my bedroom and saw my other half walk from the living room to the bathroom. I heard the bathroom light come on (as it was connecting through to our bedroom wall, so the connecting *click* rang through), I saw the light from the bathroom in the hall. Then it went off again. Thinking I was going to see him reappear any second walking back to the living room, the light came back on, and I presumed he'd forgotten something. When it went off again, my other half came out the living room to see what was taking me so long and that was when it clicked that it wasn't him in the bathroom...

It is possible the place was active, in that sense and my son did see something, being so young. After discussing it with my other half, we thought it might have been his grandma, who had passed away very shortly before he and I met. He mentioned a lot that she would have loved to have seen him start a family, and we thought perhaps she might be coming in to check on our son and see how he was doing because of the circumstances around his birth.

As for the little girl, who can say? My other half had a brother who died at 5 years old, of leukaemia. He lost his hair, so I don't think a two year old might mistake a bald little boy for a girl? I don't know...

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

My three year old daughter walked into her bedroom and closed the door. I was at the computer desk a few feet away and thought it was kind of odd. A couple minutes later she opened the door and said in a very casual voice.

"Well, I think all the animals are dead."

and then she just walked down the stairs without another word. I was a little confused so I went into her room and she had taken the sheets off her bed and taken all her stuffed animals and put them into a perfect heaping pile right in the middle of the bed.

I was a little weirded out but hey, it is what it is I guess.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Oh wow...yeah, that would be a little weird.
Did she ever enlighten you as to what killed the critters?

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
the thing with imaginary friends is modern, at least in my culture WE NEVER HAVE THAT! ... so it has to be something with the western countries and the things u eat... lol

I mean, I am more than 30 y old, how many families I know... countless.. we never had that! Not even in our urban legends. Its different to say that ur kid can see spirit world and different to say that ur kid have an imaginary friend.

edit on 29-4-2013 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Why are there so many bats in the new world?

What are you talking about tommy?

you know, when the world ends, why are there so many bats?

Mind you this kid is 10 and is not allowed to watch TV......

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteAlice
reply to post by Helious

Oh wow...yeah, that would be a little weird.
Did she ever enlighten you as to what killed the critters?

No, I would have asked but at the time I was legitimately nervous about what she was going to say so like most men who don't like awkward confrontation, I left it alone. Her mom got a laugh out of it when she got home though.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I am really loving these stories! They give me the creeps and I'm going to regret reading them when I go to sleep tonight, but I'm really enjoying them.

I don't have a creepy child story to tell, I'm sorry. But I absolutely cannot watch movies with the scary children in them. I watched The Orphan when it came out, and after that, I was done.

I do believe that some children have a special sense about them that allows them to see into the spirit realm. Most of the time it goes away when they grow up, but as children, they are able to see what others cannot.

Keep em coming! I really love this thread!

S&F
edit on 29-4-2013 by Quyll because: Addition

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join