It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepy things kids have said to you

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

I do not have any children, but I can relate something my mother use to tell me that creeped her out.

When I was little, I used to have a lot of nightmares. Well, one night, I was having a nightmare and calling out for my mom. She said she came into my room and was comforting me saying, "it's ok baby, mommy is here". She told me that I opened my eyes, looked at her straight into hers and said, "but I want my other mommy". She said I gave her the heebie jeebies because I said it so seriously, then I rolled over and went back to sleep.
x

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteAlice

Originally posted by Ploutonas
the thing with imaginary friends is modern, at least in my culture WE NEVER HAVE THAT! ... so it has to be something with the western countries and the things u eat... lol

I mean, I am more than 30 y old, how many families I know... countless.. we never had that! Not even in our urban legends. Its different to say that ur kid can see spirit world and different to say that ur kid have an imaginary friend.

edit on 29-4-2013 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

Was going to ask you to clarify something about this. I know that in Native American culture, they're not very likely to say that a child has an imaginary friend but instead, that sometimes they are seeing something that adults cannot. Basically, it's one thing for a kid to say "don't step on the vegimals" or think that portals can open to take them to the mac and cheese world but it's considered something else entirely when they are interacting with what would seem to represent a person. The Native American view on such things was a lot more encompassing and accepting of all things paranormal but the rest of the US? A child who is interacting with an invisible person is pure imagination. Don't think it's a matter of food but more a matter of worldview.

That said, when you say children in your country don't have imaginary friends, is it because they are viewed as seeing something spiritual/paranormal or they just don't see anything at all? Thanks
edit on 30/4/13 by WhiteAlice because: (no reason given)

As I said, I do accept children that see something adults cant. but not an imaginary friend. I was one of them to, but trust me... NOTHING TO DO with imaginary friends.

I may give u a personal experience when I was a 5-6y old. (I have divorced parents since my birth) so I spend time with both parents at that time. My father got married again and my step mother at that time, was taking care small children (from 1 up to 5y old). One day, I entered a room in my house, were a little baby was sleeping inside... I wanted to pick some of my toys. And while I was moving towards to the door, to move out...

I heard the little baby speaking to me!!! I couldn't recognize the language, but she ended up with the word "purfavor", I am greek... I moved into the room that everybody gathers and I told them what happened, but nobody believed me (she couldn't even say the basics, thats why... not even dada!!!). I start parroting the last word Ive heard "purfavor, purfavor" and they asked if I start learning Spanish or something... I told them, the baby told me that, but again nobody believed me!..

a question of mine... spanish talking people, always end up with the word "purfavor" if they need to ask u a favor? She ended up the phrase with that word. it was a big phrase, a whole sentence... but that word was very easy for me to parrot.

I have one more for today and its very creepy, personal experience... My step mother once was pregnant.. She was in the 8th-9th month, she was ready to move into the hospital and born her child... One night, I saw a dream, I saw me swimming in a dark pool. I couldnt see the walls (didnt knew were I am), just dark above my head and only water!!.. I saw a little baby, dark hair, boy... and the boy grabbed me and he said " my brother I love u, dont let me go, help me ". Then something happened and the water we were swimming, start taking the form of a tornado (u know when u remove the tap from ur bathroom and the waters starts creating a kind of tornado, sucking down all the water)... we both sucked into a hole... and I remember this dark hair (black) little baby boy, crying and screaming at me.. " hold me" ... I couldnt because I was trying to breath!!... I woke up
The step mother was not at home... After 5 days she returned and everybody was crying... they said the baby (boy and dark hair), was drown inside her after a kind of complication... I was 8 to 10 y old at that time...

As u can see, there is no any imaginary friends.. U just react in 2 worlds... thats it.
edit on 30-4-2013 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I thought this would be perfect for this thread. Enjoy!

imgur.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
i need to post, so i can come back to this thread, as i just finished 2nd page.

i wish those of us who are more spiritual would ask more questions when they encounter a kid that could give the creeps to others. i dont have kids, nor creepy child stories, sorry.

in addition, i believe that the future happened and that the past can be changed, as time is not linear nor set in stone...... i hope i didnt say too much~~~~

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
With that said, when I was younger I saw a person that no one else could see, and I have heard similar things within my own family with other small children. Plus this seems to be reported by people around the world. It is my opinion that children are more "in tune" or apt to see things like this mainly because they have not been told these things do not exist. That is sort of a poor reason, but it may be part of what is going on.

The human brain creates new connections, nuerons, pathways our whole life, but during childhood it happens at a rapid and exponential rate. Our brains literally physically adapt to our envirornment. Essentially we are born with the default setting/wiring and taught what is "real" and how to function in the world. It is possible that the default state we are born with involves pathways of sensory perception that are re-written, re-wired, eliminated as we age to suit the world and society we live in.

Otherwise...I think there is a logical argument and perhaps even a scientific premise beneath children being able to percieve things the typical adult may not.

My daughter at the age of 3 once walked into a room looked at me like she was and adult, spoke clearly and named my grandmother by her full maiden name...despite my grandmother having died a decade earlier and niether my wife or I ever mentioning her or her name to my daughter. I don't have family nearby, so she wouldn't have heard it from family. She then told me the nickname my grandmother used to go by, said that "in heaven she prefers to be called X"...She even said it in the formal way my Grandmother used to speak..It was a nickname only few people used...looked at my wife and told her that it made X happy she was wearing her wedding ring (it used to belong to my grandmother...another fact my daughter didn't and couldn't have known)....and did all this in a clear adult voice we had never heard her use...my daughter had a lisp at the time. She simply said those things walked over and put her hand over my wifes and squeezed a little and gave her a gentle smile and turned and left the room. We had another couple over and the event was significant enough where both the women with thier mouths agape simply burst into tears.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by PRwood
Alright ill bite i'm in my 40's now and could not tell u what I dreampt about last night much less a week or month ago but when I was around 4-5 years old I had an experience on a military base in Yuma AZ that has stuck with me to this day crystal clear meaning I can still see the images in my mind. My parents had just put me to bed and I was looking out a large horizontal window spanning the wall behind my bed I remember it was a stormy night and thinking I could see a face that almost looked like a cloud staring at me, Eventually I laid down and very shortly after felt a tug on my pillow. I remember thinking it was my step brother who came to stay with us sometimes but he was at his moms house in Chino, the tugs on the pillow increased to the point where I grabbed tight and finally it was yanked from my grasp I then remember rolling on my back and watching the pillow fly up and then down as it started beating me, I kicked, punched and screamed at it and it finally flew over to the far left wall and landed on a dresser precisely at the same time my dad came barreling into the room. I spent the rest of the night in my parents room and I remember my dad not being to happy about it. Funny part is I also remember the next day sitting on an outdoor AC unit with a bunch of other kids playing cowboys with our cap gun six shooters the old school ones telling them my story and one of the kids saying I would of shot it.

thanks, i live in Yuma, AZ, know i am gona be freaked out!

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Ploutonas

Thank you so much for clarifying. The whole "imaginary friend" aspect is definitely a cultural difference. I think it's because American society, regardless of the number of ghost shows on tv, psychic hotlines, and the like, tends to default to thinking along scientific lines and science really doesn't like the paranormal. People are generally loathe to disclose paranormal experiences to their immediate peers, where there is no guise of anonymity. Actually publicly stating that you have had a paranormal experience ends up resulting in being challenged to provide evidence or that one somehow was suffering from matrixing (basically, the claim is that the eyes cannot properly process what they are seeing so the brain creates an approximation that comes off as a ghost) or that they were temporarily delusional. So, it's not something the food. It's something in the prevailing belief system within American society and people will be very reluctant to disclose paranormal anything here as a result. So, children interacting with unseen people --> that's an overactive imagination --> imaginary friend. And cultures that believe differently? Well they are just overly superstitious. That's how the thinking goes here.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5The human brain creates new connections, nuerons, pathways our whole life, but during childhood it happens at a rapid and exponential rate. Our brains literally physically adapt to our envirornment. Essentially we are born with the default setting/wiring and taught what is "real" and how to function in the world. It is possible that the default state we are born with involves pathways of sensory perception that are re-written, re-wired, eliminated as we age to suit the world and society we live in.

Otherwise...I think there is a logical argument and perhaps even a scientific premise beneath children being able to percieve things the typical adult may not.

I was just thinking along those same lines, Indigo5, before I read your post. Basically, the pinnacle of mental flexibility and creativity is actually in 3-5 age group if I recall correctly. Looking back over these posts, it would seem most of the kids reporting talking to or seeing individuals not there are within that very age group. In the Navajo culture, this age group is considered to be the prime time for a child to start training as a medicine man so that's another interestingly little factoid that points to that age group potentially indicating a propensity towards seeing what would be deemed more "spiritual" things. In our culture, we'll compartmentalize those childhood experiences as simply being an overactive imagination (kind of like the Vegimals little boy in this thread or my son being absolutely certain that Window Rock in Arizona was the portal to go to Kraft Mac & Cheese land--now you can see why we don't watch tv.
). There's some truth to kids having a wild imagination but at the same time, if the child is actually witnessing something, parental or adult dismissal would seem like a rebuke and could basically deter further use of that pathway.

I already stated that the story about my daughter and the orange haired girl but I actually have a better story to make a case for this idea. We were driving down the main strip in Farmington, NM when she started screaming and crying frantically about a "truck!!! trrrrrrrrrrruck!!! big truck!!! big truck!!!". She was about 4 years old at the time and we could not get her to calm down. There was nothing on the road in the area that would have caused her to react like that. So, her dad continued to drive the road while she kept screaming about a big truck and after a 1/2 mile had passed, we came to an intersection where a semi had plowed into a passenger car not a minute prior. There weren't even emergency vehicles on the scene yet. She quieted down immediately and we were left pretty baffled and spent the whole way home trying to analyze what had occurred to no avail. She's never done anything like that since.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I thought I would add this, it's not creepy but it is cute. When my daughter was around 4 or 5 she said "daddy, when you were a little boy, was everything black and white?"
She was noticing on movies when they had 'flashbacks or it was simply an older movie it was black and white!
edit on 30-4-2013 by wulff because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaMaa

Originally posted by Malcher
There is another thread on here right now that deals with adult experiences, i dont want to link to it but it was on the first page of recent posts. I found these 2 threads very similar, different enough to warrant separate threads so not saying "already been posted" just that my response is the same.

Could these events be the inability to differentiate between dreams where the subject believes they occur during awake but are actually dreams?

As someone who with intermittent sleep paralysis for 20 years it has helped me to understand how the lines between fantasy and reality can become blurred and even or especially if the duration of the event is only seconds long. The shorter the easier it seems to get confused because it is not as involved as a longer, more drawn out event.

It is also good to study false memories or memory repression, not calling these false memories just a way to better understand how over time real and unreal becomes more of a fine line. I read that this plays a part into statutes of limitations being implemented.

this struck a chord with me because I am always aware of when I am dreaming, except for one time. It is always is the same, but sometimes after I get my kids off to school, I go lay back down for an hour or so. I always set my alarm on my phone.. and inevitably I hit snooze over and over. This always changes my dream and in my dreams I am almost 100% sure that I am awake, so much so that I think I can feel and perceive my body movements no different than when I am awake. Then the alarm will go off again after my 10 minute snooze button hit and I wake up for real and the differences between the dream state and my awake state are so minute that I could hardly tell the difference. sometimes i fall right back asleep and am not even aware that I woke up all the way, I suppose I probably didn't fully awake.

This has always led me to wonder how much of our mind perceives dream states as reality. Now the things I have witnessed as being 'creepy' as some might say have rarely been when I was asleep or even near it.. usually in the middle of the day doing my normal routines and such. So while I believe that part of it can be a mis-perception of a dream state, some is just outright creepy/strange/weird/what have you.. I have come to the conclusion that I simply do not know. There is more out there to know and I just don't know it yet. LOL

That is interesting about the alarm clock and provides even more insight. I think you hit on something there vis-a-vis that small window where we are not fully awake nor fully asleep...which is actually very much like what my own experiences and others who are familiar with SP or possible even sleep walking.

I have a detailed response typed up and ready to go which only adds to my first post, but for now i am mainly reading the responses posting actual examples so these examples may sway me.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Oh well, an advice then! There is nothing friendly in the unseen. The world is #$#$ by dark thing. Its strange for me watching in the american movies little kids that play with it and they dont know what that is. Also reading it here, that means its a part of american culture... Its more like the Chinese culture who believe that their spirits always sucking up energy (organic portals) and thats why they have many movies, with spirits staying outside their doors and eating stuff...
From my experience and through it my personal knowledge about it. I was always aware, that what I see is not from this world. I never confused reality with other dimensions (let me be gentle).. I always knew to separate it and somehow I always knew what that is... I always knew before it appears infront of me, that this is good or bad.
thats why its hard for me to understand imaginary friends.

There is always some physical symptoms before u see it. I remember feeling my hair more like nails combined with a kind of electricity... very intensive feeling and my heartbeats increased... So I always knew, that something is coming. This things couldn't manipulate me... But its a scary experience, I always said.. go away go away... and it stopped (about)....

edit on 30-4-2013 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

That is indeed modern. It is Western atheism and Western "lite" religion that results in the "imaginary friend" dismissals. Some or many may very well be nothing more than imagination, but given that it is kids, you'd think people might be a little more interested in looking into any such goings on that take place...especially when they get into high strangeness. I mean, aren't parents generally keen to know about their kids' regular friends, to guard against possible bad influences? And also interested in their kids' state of mind? Even if it is purely imaginary, it is still a window into the child's mind, and weirdness would be something to pay attention to....right?
...and if it is not imaginary, that would be a rather serious development, I'd think. If it turns out to be Gramps, great. But most of the stories do not sound like apparitions of a kindly guardian relative.
But the reaction, over and over, is whoa/creepy/scary/too hard, can't deal with this/denial/label it imaginary/go play WoW/forget.

Yeah. Let the kid sort it out. >.>
edit on 13/4/30 by Tsurugi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Actually, that's right in line with Navajo beliefs as well. The Navajo take unseen spirits as being most likely to be what are called "chindi". Basically, the idea behind the chindi is that, when a person dies, the good portion of their spirit basically departs and disperses itself back out in nature. The dark portion of the person's spirit, on the other hand, lingers and becomes a chindi. Their beliefs in chindi are pretty serious and this is why traditionally the Navajo would abandon homes and even other buildings when somebody had died within them (though they aren't about to abandon the IHS hospitals because they are too expensive to rebuild). They also avoid overt expressions of grief at the passage of a loved one so that the chindi goes off to wander as well. Too much display of grief and the loved one's spirit may become a chindi, disrupting their own peaceful passage and risking misfortune, sickness, and death on the family. So, very similar in some ways to Chinese beliefs.

reply to post by Tsurugi

Yep. That's why when we had the little orange haired girl event, I eventually agreed with her father to follow tribal beliefs on the subject because, frankly, Western society does not really deal with the possibilities and may be relying too much on the measurable, predictable and quantifiable. In the case of something really questionable occurring, I'd rather default to a belief system that actually embraces the possibility of the unknown and may have methodologies in dealing with it than risk being wrong through arrogantly believing that I know everything.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

"are you my daddy?"

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I saw that when I read your post, and I commend you for it(and others in this thread who took similar interest. If I was harsh in my previous post, it was because I had just finished reading a zillion "my kid says theres a demon in his room im liek omg stfu kid creepy" posts. Apologies).

It seems active responses like yours are few and far between, sad to say.

Maybe accepting that 'all is not as it seems' is too big a shift in worldview. Or perhaps admitting that a child may, in some cases, see more, and more clearly, than we, is just too difficult for the old ego to do.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsurugi

This is what I was thinking as I read many of the responses in the reddit thread. Like how can you discount some of these stories as just a child acting like a child or suffering from night terrors when they describe and talk about things that they should have no business knowing about? Sure some of them are just kids saying weird things from their limited worldview, but some of things should really start making a parent wonder.

When a child stares or talks to an empty spot in the room, maybe as a parent you should take an interest in what they are doing. Personally, I never had any imaginary friends since I found that having real friends was more fulfilling. I can't speak for kids with no one to talk to in their community, but it doesn't seem to me like a normal thing to do when you can just interact with another child.

Also, if a child starts talking about pre-birth or past lives, a parent may do well to not write that off either. Especially if the family is non-religious or believes in a religion that doesn't believe in reincarnation.

As far as stories go I don't have a creepy child story, but I do know that when I was deployed in Iraq in 2005, my mom would tell my dad that they needed to be ready to wake up that night because I was going to call home later that night (you know time differences and all). She was right every single time. Keep in mind that I called rather infrequently and could go a few weeks without calling and it would be near impossible to predict this kind of thing.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by cqnoble

That Is the stuff of goosebumps-and also a bit sad.I love this thread!

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Yes. I just remembered when we were growing up, the family used to tease my sister about being psychic. Whenever my mom or dad would lose something they would ask her where it was...Car Keys, Purse, Clothes etc.

She was 5 or 6, but would often just walk right to it wherever it was lost and hand it to my parents. We still talk about it now when we get together and she doesn't think it was any big deal or ESP or anything, she can't explain how she was always able to know where those things were when they were lost either. She just doesn't really think about it. I used to kid that she was probably hiding the keys etc. from my parents, but both my parents swear that wasn't the case and that sometimes they lost items while she was at school and would wait until she came home and ask her where they were...and sure enough my sister would walk straight to a couch cushion for a missing wallet, or say something like in the garage, next to the tool box for missing keys etc. etc. It's just funny, because my sister is a real skeptic when it comes to those kinds of things now, but still has no explanation how she used to do those things when she was little...she doesn't like talking about it. It was as if she could only do it at an age when she wasn't aware that it was not normal that she could do it.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
My brother when he was little told his teacher a 'little story' and when my mum went to collect him from school she said ' I am so sorry to hear about your husband', when mum asked what she meant, she was informed that little brother had informed her that my father had been in an aircraft crash and has lost both legs.

He had not and remained healthy all his life.. my brother was about 4 then.

Also I did not have imaginary friends but I remember my same brother sitting in the RAF hospital as the doctor stitched some cut - telling him all about his friends [ I forget their names] they were helicopter pilots and they had been killed and he would describe in detail their ' adventures' together.

Funnily enough my brother was born in the early seventies and as he grew up was fascinated by the Vietnam war, the music, the battles, etc etc.

I often wonder if he was reincarnated from a fallen soldier or airman from that era, I asked him that once and he did not laugh.. he just said ' maybe'.
edit on 30-4-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tluna1

Yuma Proving Grounds needless to say I check on my kids several times a night (:

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join