It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepy things kids have said to you

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DelayedChristmas

Wow! Really?! Thanks for mentioning.
I should look into that 'worlds laying eggs' thing.
It gives me the chills knowing that he mentioned something which is believed in Hindu religion.
I wonder how he picked that up.
Makes me want to find out more about it.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I have very vivid memories of a very strange "realm" that I have visited on very few occasions. Each time I have visited, I panic. It usually happens when I'm sick or have a mild fever. I "wake up" in bed, and glance at my clock radio; the time is ticking super fast forward, while every thing else seems to feel rough against my skin and flow unevenly and slow. I can sit there and try to get my head on straight but the only thing that *EVER* fixes it, is my rushing to the bathroom and splashing my face with icy cold water.

Scares the bejeebus out of me every time it happens. Hasn't happened for some years now but I remember the sensation like it was yesterday. It's similar to Inertia (when you're a passenger in a vehicle that is travelling fast and it slows down rapidly - you keep moving), where you almost feel disconnected with reality or time/space.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by z00mster
reply to post by DelayedChristmas

Wow! Really?! Thanks for mentioning.
I should look into that 'worlds laying eggs' thing.
It gives me the chills knowing that he mentioned something which is believed in Hindu religion.
I wonder how he picked that up.
Makes me want to find out more about it.

This is considered Hindu "mythology" as Brahma is not worshiped anymore.

Another legend says that Brahmā created himself by first creating water. Into the water he deposited a seed that later became the golden egg or Hiranyagarbha. From this golden egg, Brahmā the personified creator was born, with the egg's remaining materials expanding to form the Universe (as a result, he is also known as Kanja, or "born in water").

www.newworldencyclopedia.org...

Your child's observations confirm to me that all religions have one thing in common: They all try to explain God, and I'm sure the founders of the religion did experience God, but the problems come from the minute details, or rather interpretations of details from people who did not experience the same as the author and are left to interpret from a narrow scope that is limited to culture, personal experience, and the human perspective.

Smart kid.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Ploutonas

Well said. I completely agree with everything in this post.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CPGAMBLA

Ok, that one is terrifying. oO;

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by CPGAMBLA
reply to post by TWILITE22

This reminds me of the time i had just put my 4 year old to bed. I layed her down in her bed, kissed her goodnight, walked to the door and turned around to see her roll over to go to sleep. i walk through the doorway and close the door and as soon as i close the door i hear the same blood curldling scream you described. Theres nothing like that scream btw. So i immediately open the door to see her standing all the way across the room in the corner staring up in the corner and screaming her lungs out. How she got all the way across the room in 2 or 3 seconds i do not know. But it scared the crap out of me. I picked her up and she was sweating profusely and looking into my eyes still screaming but it was like she was looking through me because she was fighting me trying to get away. After about 30 min of calming her down she finally goes to sleep and doesnt remember anything about it after that.
What the heck goes on when we close the door at night? That type of scream goes through your whole body, I'll never forget it.
I tell ya at the time I wasn't into the paranormal, always loved a good ghost story though.
Because of not understanding all the possibilities I don't remember much that my kids said to me that was odd, and if they did I wrote it off to being 'kids'or their imaginations.
My youngest though had me scratching my head he was always terrified of the wind from birth. If it was windy out he would run around making sure everything was inside or bolted down, screaming and crying the whole way he did this at a year and a half. I would chuckle at the time and basically did understand why. Even if was slightly breezy he wouldn't go outside.
If I new then what I know now I would have had him hypnotized.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ploutonas

Believe it or not, I'm an atheist. Just because one is an atheist doesn't mean that they are utterly devoid of spirituality. One doesn't have to believe in an all powerful deity to believe that the universe that we exist in is even more infinitely complex than what it would seem to the naked eye or to comprehend the value of acting in a way that appeases and calms the inner spirit over acting in a way that only fills one with regret later. If I had to say that I had some spiritual belief, I would say that I believe in hozho, which is all about balance and the appreciation of beauty. Atheism does not equate to a lack of spirituality. It's funny how people misunderstand that.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

I think a better word for you would be agnostic. Basically means you believe in something, just not the pre conceived notions of one religion.

Cool thing about being agnostic is that you can take your favorite bits from different religions and custom tailor it to your own belief system.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Love the stories in this thread.

My oldest child had lots of these booga-booga moments. They started at around 18 months and went until he was 5 or 6, and now at the ripe old age of 13, he is the most skeptical/ unbelieving of anything paranormal of my kids.

Some of the most memorable incidents:
* at 2 yrs of age we took him to college with us to grab a few things and a Puerto Rican friend asked us who was teaching our son to speak Spanish. He said he had a perfect accent. Hubby and I don't speak Spanish, our babysitter only spoke Farsi to him. There was no way he was exposed to the language.

* near the same time, we fed him corn on the cob for the first time. Told him it was corn and he started arguing with us that it was maize. He got quite upset with us over it.
* in a restaurant, he chewed a piece of toast into the shape of Texas, held it up for us to see and started laughing hysterically at how 'he made Texas!'
*at my mothers haunted house, we heard him talking and laughing at the bottom of the stairs looking up to the landing on the second floor. We would peek around the corner and he would be having a grand old time talking to someone upstairs. When asked, he told us he was talking to "the man who lives upstairs". And he went on to tell us how TMWLU keeps doing funny things to make him laugh. He described an older man with a shirt with a funny collar , funny sleeves, wire glasses, etc. the house was a long lot Victorian on the historical roster. It had been owner by a confirmed batchelor who was the town pharmacist. People would drive by the house and report to my mo that they saw a man in the window. It creeped us out that he was interacting with our son because the spirit was benign to women but hated men in the house at any time.
* at the zoo one day, around 3 years of age, we went to the primate village. Son went up to the glass and summoned a chimp. They each extended a hand to their side of the glass and just stared at each other for a few minutes. Then our son turned to us and said matterOfFactly "he is so sad. They took him away from his moms arms and left him here with strangers. He just wants to go back back home". That really creeped us out because it appeared they did communicate on some level and it was too convoluted and plausible of a story for a young boy to come up with.

We never had too many booga-booga moments with our second child, and we are waiting to see what happens with our youngest, who just turned3 - I always think ages 3-4 are the prime booga-booga years
edit on 1-5-2013 by rimjaja because: Auto correct is not correct

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Allow me to give u a friendly approach of the word " GOD " then.

God the way we mean god today... is a zionist thing... their "god" loves to be called god (with the definition they made up for it), or "lord" of a superior entity, an ultimate master. to control u, and anything else comes with it.. lol whatever...
God (Θεος) in my countrys ancient history means " FAST "... because... Thats why we called them 12 gods.. who came from other universes, with very fast ships. You can search the ancient Hellenic definition of god, we have it as a meaning even today! Ιt means " extremely fast" not the today meaning... nothing to do with that. As a culture we dont have it... But even philosophers said : Always respect your gods... Because they are more advance than you and you learn from them. You have to respect that... not as the lord of the rings.. lol

Anyway, I will give u a polite approach of the word god except the original meaning of " very FAST"... Its not about believing, its about respect. For example, we all come from the same essence, the same source, we are all the same. But if someone is 20 billion years older than u, he is wiser, he made more efforts he created more things and things u stand on (planets) and he/she is more upgraded, involved than u.
edit on 2-5-2013 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
My Great-Grandma died when I was 5, and my Mum told me that the night after she died, I was talking to someone in my bedroom and she came in and asked who I was talking to and I said "Great-Grandma was here, you just missed her"

Quite cool in my opinion, she always used to spoil me and say I was her favourite great-granddaughter... I think if guardian angels exist, she would be mine

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
My son came up to me when he was about 4 and said " Daddy, I'm sorry for beating you when you were a baby! "

To add to the weird part, my dad used to beat the living snot out of me my whole life till I turned 18. My father as not died though so I'm kind of puzzled !

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
My son, who is 3 said something odd to me just the other day. My partner and him went to a travel agency to get a brochure for a family holiday to Florida. When i got home from work i was looking at it with him, he was very excited as he wanted to meet Mickey and see Lightning McQueen etc.

I said to him "Do you know how we get there?" He said "How", i said "in a plane". He looked at me and held his thought before saying "why?". I said "because we need to go across the water and we cant drive on water". He again held his thought and said...

"We cant drive there now but people could get there before all the ice melted. People could walk where the water is before the sun came out and melted all the ice".

Now, many of you will think this is normal or nothing important but the very fact that he is putting rising water levels together with ice melt is pretty remarkable, let alone sea levels rising with ice melt, and the notion that there is actually ground under the water.

He is 3 and has no knowledge of this whatsoever!

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
My mother passed away in 2008. My two year old (Born in 2010) woke up a few weeks ago.. and told me how she "Talked and loved (loved= cuddles to her) Your Mommy last night"... Being sure that We were on the same page, I showed her a picture of My mom.. with just her in it (To make sure she wasnt meaning Me) and sure enough as soon as I pulled it up she screamed "YOUR MOMMY!! THATS YOUR MOMMY, MOMMY!" ...

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I must have been reading this thread on Reddit for a couple of hours now (I'm avoiding my reports due in tomorrow), it's quite scary... Do you think that it's just an over-active imagination or do you genuinely think that kids have some sort of paranormal power? I haven't really heard of many things like this in adults, so do we lose that ability to see things or is it just that when you're an adult you think that people might not believe you??

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Does perverted equal creepy? I've had some young kids say incredibly perverted stuff to me. I don't mind when adults say provocative or flirty stuff, but kids seem way too bold these days.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
my late oldest brother (he died in 2001. tomorrow was his birthday.) once said something very creepy. he was around 5 years old, (before i was born) and was riding in the back seat. our mom was driving and dad was in the passenger seat. mom put the car into a ditch. then my brother spoke up. 'dad? remember when i was the daddy and your were the little boy and mommy put the car in a ditch like this?"

the thing is our grand dad died in 1937. my brother was born in 1959. our dad was born in 1921. this incident happened when our dad was about the same age as my brother. which would place this in 1926 or so. our dad had almost completely forgotten this little incident until my brother piped up.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by kareen
I remember some wired events when I was really young. Can't tell how old I was, but I didn't go to kindergarden yet so probably younger than 4. That afternoon I went back into the bedroom and saw my bath basin full of water with my doll in it. I asked my mum if she washed my doll. My mum said I was the one who did it. I remember this event because I know I didn't do it. I came to dislike that doll and ignored it after that though, I don't remember what happened to the doll. It was one of the dolls that closes its eyes when you put it down flat, it was about half a meter long in size.

Those dolls are creepy, when my daughter was 18months old
she got one of those dolls for Christmas. As soon as she opened it looked at it
screamed and threw it across the room, why because the eyes blinked it completely
freaked her out and wouldn't have anything to do with doll's like that.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by blackthorne

Sounds like your mother is cursed in every incarnation to drive her car into a ditch.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

And technically Ploutonas, too.

I'm definitely not agnostic because agnostic implies that there is the potentiality of a deity. Whereas I'll acknowledge the possibility that somewhere out there in the vast probable multiverse, there is a distinct possibility of further advanced beings than ourselves, I do not see anything at all that points to the existence of a god or the necessity of one. I used to be agnostic when I was much, much younger but through a whole lot of contemplation and learning (including a variety of religions), I came to my current disbelief in any deity or creator deity. If pressed, I'm more likely to state that the gods that we have embedded in our mythologies were more than likely to be based off of real people (with potentials of being given mystical powers through the process of story-telling). For instance, the House of Yngling is technically the House of Odin from which one of my family branches descends. While I have a tendency towards zapping stuff through extra static electricity, I sure as hell can't throw thunderbolts (not for lack of trying either lol--my kids are certain that I can do it someday
).

There are plenty of "religions" that are without deities. The Navajo lack deities (closest thing would be the Holy People who are just people that live in the sky and were most likely adopted from the Pueblo when the Pueblo taught them to grow corn). Some Navajo believe that there is a Great Spirit but this Great Spirit is a collective of the spirits of all formerly living things so shouldn't be confused with a "god". Taoism and buddhism do not have deities and are considered to have more of a philosophical nature than a religious one. I'm certain that there are more "godless" religions that are slipping my mind this morning--need more coffee!

Ploutonas--I could actually accept the possibility that what we knew as anthropomorphic deities (ie Norse or Hellenic--actually know a great deal of Greek mythos) could have been visitors from other planets. However, under, as you said, the Zionist definition of God, they are not Gods but other beings that are simply more advanced technologically. Still just makes them other beings though agree, wouldn't want to tick them off if they did in fact exist.

edit on 4/5/13 by WhiteAlice because: add to Ploutonas to avoid double posting.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join