It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI looking for 12 person sleeper cell in Marathon Bombing

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
...And they're off!

This particular story, if it is founded in truth, is what I've been suspecting since the manhunt began.

FBI looking for 12 person 'sleeper cell' in relation to Boston Marathon bombing suspect
edit on Mon Apr 22 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Starting a New Thread?...Look Here FirstAboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sitesplease post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item, as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Whats next?

The whole united states on lockdown?

Obama has to get a really nice symbol to go along with his ideologies... (because the swastika is so last century - power colors tho, it will be hard to top that)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I only got some of the story

First there is 3, then a naked a man, now 12 people?

Gosh, which story is true?

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I am shocked by this, really did think we were looking at a couple of loan wolfs but this would suggest they were part of a larger group.

Its also quite scary because if true then the rest of the group will be running scared and might be preparing for another attack before they get found.

Would be interesting to see some more links of this from a better source.

edit on 21-4-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Just a word of caution - the Mirror is not considered a brilliant source here in the UK. up:

It might well be right, but I'd take that with a pinch of salt for now - although I'd imagine a cell of some description might be involved.:

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by KingIcarus

Hence my 'if it proves to be true' qualification in the OP. I'm not familiar with the Mirror, so, I guess we will see if the larger outlets report it.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

It's not a bad paper, imo, but it is a tabloid. They could well be correct, but their scoops are usually more about celebrities or the more salacious details of UK crime.

It's not a Murdoch title though.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingIcarus
Just a word of caution - the Mirror is not considered a brilliant source here in the UK. up:

Would that be because its owned by Robert Maxwell
2nd line

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Being as we've heard nothing about where weapons and explosives came from and from what I've come across apartment was sans any residue or weapons, where did they come from?

Safe house, cell or handoff?

Yeah gotta say even if this article is false theres more to this than whats made it into news.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The main reason I posted this thread is that when the manhunt began, the inability of the 9000+ LEO's, National Guard and ABC's to locate this kid in a cordoned area with the public asked to stay indoors, caused me to feel that the kid had to have had some help to manage even what he had managed to do.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Now a funny thing, It states in The Mirror -

A source close to the investigation said: “We have no doubt the brothers were not acting alone. The devices used to detonate the two bombs were highly sophisticated and not the kind of thing people learn from Google.

However, in the gunbattle where they were supposed to have thrown homemade grenades, the police say they also threw more pressure cooker bombs that they "lighted" before they threw...

A basic fuse that you have to put a match to is not "highly sophisticated" by any means...

And how the hell can you threw a pressure cooker loaded with crap between 20 and 30 metres, they weigh a bloody tonne empty.
edit on 21-4-2013 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

I've seen articles that referred to the explosives as 'military grade' and others that call them pipe bombs. I do have a difficult time believing that these two were driving away from police, shooting and trying to light fuses with windows down (how else are you going to shoot?).

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972

Not since 1991, when he jumped (or "fell") off a boat in the Mediterranean.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Here's another article from Fox that may be related in some way.

Tsarnaev possibly linked to extremist group

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Not surprising.
Multiple bombs were found.
And only 2 guys?
The only 2 we know about that is.

From the beginning I knew we'd be dealing with a bigger group.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

Originally posted by andy1972

Not since 1991, when he jumped (or "fell") off a boat in the Mediterranean.

That was just a plot...he's still alive really...he did it for the insurance

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Wrong thread...sorry.
edit on 21-4-2013 by dainoyfb because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by JdSmith

Well... you never know.

But I dont think that blue can fly. But like I said, its kinda hard to top that red, black, white combo.

The slogan is powerful tho!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join