FBI looking for 12 person sleeper cell in Marathon Bombing

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Really...The daily Mirror...dont belive anything from the UK media...it's all about selling papers here...the truth doesn't matter...

On the flip side though, how many Terrorist attempts have been thwarted or abandoned because either..A, it was interrupted by a stray cop in the right place at the right time or B. the terrorist has second thoughts...

I'm sure this happens from time to time.
Here in the UK we have something like 400 potential terrorist on watch day in day out...so how many has the USA got on the watch list....and that';s just the one they know about...Attack Russia/pakistan/afghanistan/Syria/Iraq...0 or just run of the mill media coverage...Attack the USA...Global coverage for days...go figure

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorChaos
reply to post by andy1972

I've seen articles that referred to the explosives as 'military grade' and others that call them pipe bombs. I do have a difficult time believing that these two were driving away from police, shooting and trying to light fuses with windows down (how else are you going to shoot?).

That part about lighting the fuse came over the police radio during the first gun battle where Tamerlan was killed in one of the following ways, you decide which, is multiple choice, choose between one of the following -

1 - Only shot in the groin, but charged the police anyway, and dies in hospital.
2 - Shot so many times "I couldn't count the bullet holes".
3 - Shot and then manages to explode his belt / chest rig full of explosives destroying his legs and leaving shrapnel in his face.
4 - Shot, attacks, runs out of ammo, is handcuffed and put on the floor by the cops and left there by them to be then run over by his brother whilst escaping.....

edit on 21-4-2013 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Really...The daily Mirror...dont belive anything from the UK media...it's all about selling papers here...the truth doesn't matter...

Hmmm.
Sounds like just about every other media outlet.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

Ahh, I was wondering what you were on about.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Hmmm.
Sounds like just about every other media outlet.

Fair statement.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972
Now a funny thing, It states in The Mirror -

A source close to the investigation said: “We have no doubt the brothers were not acting alone. The devices used to detonate the two bombs were highly sophisticated and not the kind of thing people learn from Google.

This is a naive statement by the source at best. There is nothing so complex about even the most sophisticated Improvised detonation systems that their workings are not available on line, unless you are talking about modern nuclear initiators which obviously doesn't apply here. Or does this suggest the possibility that they were supplied with military issue detonators to fire their pressure cooker based IEDs? Probably not.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
This isn't being reported locally or by any MSM, doesn't mean it's wrong but why would a British tabloid have this when no one else does?

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
if true, i would guess that info is coming out to enable expansion/ease of use of the martial law tactics used in the Boston case. they seemed pretty gestapo-like but for the most part, well-tolerated. now they can say "oh we have info that more terrorists might be in such & such area" allowing the cops to kick in doors at will. so citizens get acclimated to that kind of intrusion. just one possible motive.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Chances of this info being valid is not worth thinking about...Imagine its true, and the FBI/CIA are tracking the other sleepers....Really nice of a UK tabloid to let them know because nobody else is mentioning this.....pure rubbish IMO.

Respects
edit on 21-4-2013 by captiva because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dainoyfb
This is a naive statement by the source at best. There is nothing so complex about even the most sophisticated Improvised detonation systems that their workings are not available on line, unless you are talking about modern nuclear initiators which obviously doesn't apply here. Or does this suggest the possibility that they were supplied with military issue detonators to fire their pressure cooker based IEDs? Probably not.

I would say that the person probably means a purpose built device. A timing circuit board that was built from scratch to set of an explosive device.

You would have to have prototyping or production equipment especially designed for producing the finished circuit board product. Once you have the raw circuit board, then you would have to have someone knowledgeable in electronics to install the electronics on it, and test it for function.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

Not with perfboard or even a breadboard and some tape to keep the componets in place.

Really, there is any number of cheap, ready made very powerful SCADA modules available that don't require anything besides a battery and they are ready to go. OEM boards for $30 that are more sophisticated than needed. Heck give me half a day and I'll give you long range with authentication codes and AES encryption.

This stuff is all available online with Manuals, application examples, even YouTube tutorials. It's used for all sorts of hobby level projects. I know guys that used them to remotely run entire sophisticated solar heating systems and they have zero electronics experience. How sophisticated does it need to be to heat a wire up.

edit on 21-4-2013 by dainoyfb because: of typos.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
You can hook one to any old battery and it will usually go more times than not, but to achieve 99.9 reliability level, it is a little more complicated. As to which method they use is the demarcation between an amateur, and a professional.

I have repaired a total of two blasting boxes over the years. There is a little more in it than a battery and a switch.

I thought about posting a technical reply to that but…….. Considering the ongoing situation….. um……No, I will not.

Depending on the igniting device they are using, there are specifications for the triggering device to produce a reliable detonation.
edit on 21-4-2013 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I understand this is a so called tabloid paper from the UK so my criticisms may come as no surprise but I find many things strange with their reporting here.

"Dzhokhar is said to have run his brother over as he escaped in a stolen car while Tamerlan lay handcuffed on the ground."

"Hours later he was involved in the shootout which saw his brother killed."

So which is it? He killed his bro while he lay on the ground handcuffed? Or he died in the shootout?

They (the media) keep pushing this radicalized Muslim, suicide bombers thing to death insinuating that A. They were intent on killing as many as possible, and B. They were gonna go out with a fight.

Yet there is at least one example (the carjacking) in which they were merciful and let a man live after conveniently confessing to him and also the young brother went down without much of a fight, being found hiding in a boat not far from the original shootout and surrendering some time later.

Why didn't they kill as many people as possible? Why didn't the second brother go out in a blaze especially after his brother had been killed?

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Distraction.

For yet, they're hiding this one:

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I believe this more than I would it being a government run operation....I like the pic of the guy with the very large back pack and how much he looks like one of the Saudi royal family...

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Well maybe they could start looking for their handler's.12 Guy's in Punisher caps.and kahki pants.Good place to start.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972
Now a funny thing, It states in The Mirror -

A source close to the investigation said: “We have no doubt the brothers were not acting alone. The devices used to detonate the two bombs were highly sophisticated and not the kind of thing people learn from Google.

However, in the gunbattle where they were supposed to have thrown homemade grenades, the police say they also threw more pressure cooker bombs that they "lighted" before they threw...

A basic fuse that you have to put a match to is not "highly sophisticated" by any means...

And how the hell can you threw a pressure cooker loaded with crap between 20 and 30 metres, they weigh a bloody tonne empty.

Yeah it's all impossible from my vantage point.

Even the highest grade of technology for the weapon they were using, is STILL primitive, unsophisticated, and crude.

I am betting that the plans to create what was used are available on the net. And this is all false to just justify more police state repression activity.

They are "conveniently" ignoring a whole host of issues that pertain to this yet their story doesn't allow them into it. That must mean their story is incomplete or false.
edit on 21-4-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac
Well maybe they could start looking for their handler's.12 Guy's in Punisher caps.and kahki pants.Good place to start.

Oh they created an elaborate line of excuses and "maybes" to cover that up.

I don't believe a single word of it though.
I know who's hat that was. There was a photo clear enough to read the words on the skull in red letters. The 5 letters that start with C and end with T.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by tropic
Distraction.

For yet, they're hiding this one:

That's my prime suspect in the matter.

No amount of obfuscation can get outta that.
Only official documents saying what they were doing there that day, explaining everything.
That's the only way to resolve this, official statements explaining it.

I'd like to maybe see an interview of the 2 agents as well.
Ask them some questions like, did you know this was about to happen?
edit on 21-4-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I think I remember hearing something about x-amount of suspects fleeing somewhere between the 2 male 1 female suspects were being mentioned and finding him in the boat. May have just been the 2 males one female suspects....I'm fuzzy on it now.
The source article may be sketchy, but I still think they had help; it's not outlandish to speculate as much. If that is something authorities are considering, they probably wouldn't make it too public, lest possible other suspects freak out and do something or flee once they see their faces on the news.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join