It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting at MIT (And continued events in Boston 18-19 April)

page: 156
<< 153  154  155    157  158  159 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Covertblack

No it was confirmed last night early. A state police SUV was stolen last night and was in a chase.

link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

It's true. It was all over the scanner last night,

Just saying what the officer they had at a press conference said. Dunno if he's lying or what.

link   

Originally posted by Ayana

Originally posted by Covertblack

Originally posted by wlasikiewicz
Now CNN are reporting that a police truck was stolen last night, if that is the case this dude is well out of Boston.

I think the officer just said that was false.

Aye he did.

Im trying to watch the TV and listen to the scanner

link   

Originally posted by Ginga
This just popped up on the BBC news feed:

BBC Monitoring reports that a man named Anzor, who said he was Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's father, told Russia's Interfax news agency his children were framed. "The special services framed my children because they are believing Muslims," he was quoted as saying. "Why did they kill Tamerlan? They should have taken him alive. The younger one is now on the run; he was studying in his second year at a medical institute in the US. We were expecting him home in the holidays. Now I don't know what will happen."

Apologies if this has already been posted, this thread's getting updated so fast its hard to keep up.

Before the past week, didn't the Uncle say nobody had heard from them in over a year?

Also, their second son didn't help the first one if he allegedly ran him over during the getaway.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
That's kind of the funny thing about the whole radical Islam argument... They're not attacking Christian symbols or churches, at least not here in the US. They attack America. Wouldn't that be politically motivated? And yet our media says it's because they're Muslim and hate Christians or Jews or whatever. They say it's a religious issue basically

More on topic, it almost seems like THIS is the drill everyone was worried about. They're just practicing arresting and rounding up and evacuating citizens in a major city.
edit on 19-4-2013 by PatriotGames2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-4-2013 by PatriotGames2 because: (no reason given)

link   
Now someone has jumped off a bridge.

link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty

The President may employ the armed forces... to... restore public order and enforce the laws of the United States when, as a result of a natural disaster, epidemic, or other serious public health emergency, terrorist attack or incident, or other condition... the President determines that... domestic violence has occurred to such an extent that the constituted authorities of the State or possession are incapable of maintaining public order... or [to] suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy if such... a condition... so hinders the execution of the laws... that any part or class of its people is deprived of a right, privilege, immunity, or protection named in the Constitution and secured by law... or opposes or obstructs the execution of the laws of the United States or impedes the course of justice under those laws

The "other condition" jerk's my chain, thank you Bush 666.

Yea, that isn't good. Unless it's something like a nuclear situation I'd say.

link   
That uncle was on TV again and gave a fiery speech and sounded terribly upset.

link   

Who really knows what's real, right?

The only thing that we now for sure is that we are hearing various reports.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I am a little bit late getting into this had a very hectic week but I have been keeping up to date.

These latest developments do seem very interesting but I think a interesting comparison to draw is to that of Raoul Moat in the UK who killed and then went on the run with a similar huge police response, well other than locking down an entire city.

Anyway we gamers all know that you can only last for so long on a GTA 5 star wanted level so I guess they will catch this guy soon.

link   

He did literally just say it was false. Dunno whether he's covering someones back or what, but I can confirm that, on the BBC, there was a feed a second ago and the officer talking said that it was false.

link   

Originally posted by Raud
Concerning all these "collateral arrests" of innocent citizens:

it always amazes me how people, even under the most extreme circumstances like these at had, still think like "well, that doesn't apply to me, I'm just a regular guy and I just gotta go do (whatever)".

I would probably look for an opportunity myself to sneak out

Just gotta take a lil' peek....see what's going on.....

People are like that I guess.

I wouldn't be. I would be at a window listening to the scanner and ready to duck.
Anyone out in the street who knows they are on lock down should be arrested and charged with something - interfering with a criminal investigation, or something along those lines. There is NO excuse for it, they are wasting police time and their stupidity could be risking their lives and others.

link   
reply to post by PatriotGames2

Isn't it that they just hate Western culture and other non Muslims?

link   
Just for the record; it would be interesting to see the price tag on this whole chase...
9000+ cops, feds, military.... Jobs closed. Roads closed. Railway closed. Commerce down. Deliveries down.

This will surely break an already sore budget.

link   

Originally posted by opethPA

Originally posted by whatsecret
So this "1 million+ people" Shelter in place order is like a mini Martial law, isn't it? Just a bit excessive for one 19 year old suspect in my opinion.

Really?
You are clueless and I am sure you are going to follow your post up with a "they cant take my guns or ammo"

The 19 year old suspect was a member of one of, if not the only , foreign terrorist boots on the ground attacks in America. He was also part of killing a cop last night, throwing grenades\ied's ..

It also has become clear that their appears to be other possible suspects.

They are doing the right thing because at this point they have no idea the scope of this.

Well I guess I'm clueless... But I would also prefer to keep my guns and ammo please.

As far as this guy being a "member of a foreign terrorist boots on the ground attack in America", I probably missed the part where it was confirmed and/or a foreign terrorist group took responsibility for the attack. Hey I'm just clueless...

link   
some trains still running

link   

Originally posted by flyswatter

Originally posted by mikemck1976
Calling for a second Robot and Bear right now. Not sure where they are heading. Parking Garage?

The second robot was requested by the guys running the first one, on the guy that is down.

Thanks

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Here in Spain ABC are reporting through Yahoo that the brothers have NOTHING TO DO WITH CHECHNIA..And that comes directly from Ramzan Kadirov, spokesman for the Chechen leadership...

Me thinks that they are Sh***ing themselves as we speak and want to wash their hands of this business VERY quickly.

link   

Originally posted by tnhiker
I think while the media and police are following scanners and wild goose chases there is a drone somewhere making a careful sweep of the area, and feeding info back to FBI and they are tracking him to see if he connects with anybody else, makes any drops, has any stashes, etc.

This whole thing just seems too incompetent and disorganized right now.

This is poignant ... I hope some dumb beat cop stumbles on him because can you imagine the hard sell of drones if it comes out that they were actually relevant in a successful capture/takedown of this clown ...

link   

Originally posted by aivlas
some trains still running

They better make sure they don't slow down. Could you imagine a suspect hopping on and getting away to who knows where?

new topics

top topics

<< 153  154  155    157  158  159 >>

join