It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING:Explosion At Boston Marathon

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
At the risk of sounding stupid. What is in the ladies hands ( next to the brown guy) on the right of pic ? That doesn't look like a cell phone or a Camera, more like a garage door opener ?

Looks like an iPhone to me.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The nature of the attack was a coordinated one, and the targets were not government type targets. This likely rules out the far right wing crazy. It very likely rules out a lone nut altogether.

That leaves terrorist organizations, intelligence agencies and enemy states.

Muslim terrorists usually target transportation hubs in smaller scale attacks. However, Pakistanis have targeted hotels before in India.

Intelligence agencies usually select targets for larger emotional impact. A marathon seems like a strange target.

tbh, this seems like a state attack by a state that is not particularly familiar with our country and prefers the attack to not be traced back to them. They perhaps had their cell in Boston, and the cell reads of the marathon in the newspaper and is aware of the library because they have been there before, researching.

Of course, that's just my speculative thought process. It's probably way off once we find out what happened. So sorry for the victims and their families.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Pretty thick for a cell phone.
2nd

edit on 15-4-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Sheet I am just coming in, just turned on my local news which has been taken over by msm.

Ok I am here and ready to read the thread. Sheet!

We thought this was going to be on west coast, so many questions, who did this????

link   
Boston mayor had SURGERY this weekend but is making his way to address the situation publicly

But Obama cant be bothered to address anything publicly....after a series of bombs goes off in a major American City

I know I know , im not trying to be a jerk here, but COME ON
edit on 15-4-2013 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

link   
Boston, could there be something more in this location. Was this not where the revolution started ( Boston Tea Party)

link   
Boston, could there be something more in this location. Was this not where the revolution started ( Boston Tea Party)

link   

2nd

It is an iPhone 5.

I am holding one right now and comparing.

Edit to add: WORST iPhone Product Placement EVER!!!
edit on 15-4-2013 by EvenParanoidsHaveEnemies because: forgot to say...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Unfortunate... and you can call me a cool-aid drinker, but I feel this one was home grown...I did hear one person on CNN say "right winged extremists"...religious people are consider right winged....but maybe we are getting some liberal bombers....or not.
edit on 15-4-2013 by Stikiiki because: miss spelling

link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

It's the protective case, makes them look bulky. Nearly two to three times the size of the original Iphone.

link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by sheepslayer247

They also have multiple other devices that didnt go off according to the news right now.

By the grace of God did they not go off.
edit on 15-4-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

The gov. shut down cell towers in Boston to head off further detonations.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Other than saying that his heart goes out to the families...blah blah, what else could he say?
edit on 15-4-2013 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

link   
I walked down that street street yesterday...to set an explosion off during this type of an event makes it evident we are dealing with animals, not humans. Animals always leave tracks. They will be held accountable unless the only one who could hold them accountable is themselves. In wich case a tragedy turns into a disaster.

link   
I have an iphone with a battery backup which makes it looks huge - so yes it is probably that

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ohiwastedmylif
Can anyone help me download this video? I have tried numerous methods of downloading it via extensions, RealPlayer, etc and cannot get it to work. The download cuts out at about 7% and ends so I cannot download it.

CNN VIDEO

@1:14 there is some really strange camera issues going on. I would love to have it for later review before it gets removed.

It's nothing to sweat about. You can try to save it if you want, but there's nothing there to analyze. What you'll learn from that is that not all cameras are crisp, clear HD and artifacts occur.

link   
Google have setup a 'person finder' for the Boston explosions.

google.org...

link   
reply to post by milkyway12

I got a Otter......... nope.

Don't have a I phone 5 though, so maybe.
edit on 15-4-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

link   

2nd

If I was detonating a bomb, I think I'd keep it in my pocket to be honest. I certainly wouldn't stand there with it whilst the bomb went off.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

If not an iPhone with a case, it could be an htc which is pretty wide.
cdn.pocketnow.com...
Looks more like an iPhone to me though.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Reports of a suspect in custody appear to be false.

talkingpointsmemo.com...

Boston Police say no arrests, no one in custody, contrary to press report.

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join