It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING:Explosion At Boston Marathon

page: 102
<< 99  100  101    103  104  105 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by tnhiker

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by tnhiker

Link please.

Will be able to determine for ourselves then. However, there are various ways to destroy explosive devices.

Also, and not to be pedantic (but it is rather important) if you weren't physically in Boston at the marathon, you didn't actually witness anything. You saw images relayed through the media.

I told you, it was on the "live" stream yesterday. Not recorded, not on youtube, the live stream on cbs.

You don't find it the least bit odd that they are retracting the official story already?

I would find it odd that people just believe someone saying something they have no evidence for. The fact is, you could have misunderstood what you say you saw, or you could indeed just be making it up.

There will be a recording of it somewhere, if not out in the wild then in the archives of CBS. I'll believe your suggestion of this when I actually see some evidence of it. I'm not just going to believe what someone on a forum says.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I think we all need to sit down and analyze the (albeit still-developing) details to figure out what facts we can at this point.

1. The bombs were somewhat miniaturized, enough to be placed into trashcans.

2. The blasts were coordinated to explode within seconds of each other, when the largest amount of "recreation runners" would be crossing the finish line (not the speed runners, who usually run alone and not in large groups), and placed in areas which would cause the largest amount of civilian casualties.

3. The bombs were packed with ball-bearings, BB pellets, and shrapnel; this is a now-routine tactic of the roadside bombs the Taliban use in Kabul. Their new system of attacks in Afghanistan is to utilize small bombs with large amounts of shrapnel to cause large amounts of civilian casualties without requiring Taliban fatalities (suicide bombing).

4. The Boston PD has also sent out an APB for a rental van and a "man in dark clothing and a hood seen leaving the scene shortly before the blast". But here's the bombshell: "Surveillance video shows a hooded figure carrying two backpacks at about that time." (news.yahoo.com...)

My guess? A 25 year old man, brainwashed by a hate-filled cleric from an extremist mosque, who thinks this will make "allah" smile upon him.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama
To all that were completely confused by my posts as they went on last night I blame the Red Wine. But the "Dog Sniffing Bombs" is classic I must say.

I apologize and cant say it wont happen again.

I stand by my theory that it was two bombers and possibly suicide bombers.

FBI just said they believed all the dead were victims not perpetrators. So, at this point, the "official story" isn't pointing to suicide bombers.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013

You implied that it was somehow strange that the NG were there in such numbers, the fact is that it is not strange at all.

Have they NOT been officially deployed as a result of this? You mean there is no planning in place to utilize the NG after a tragic event or disaster like this? I find that very hard to believe. It seems to be common practice that when a state needs additional security and emergency staffing they call on the NG to assist them. Do you have any evidence to say that they haven't been asked to help?
Again, I think you're just trying to create mythology to support your idea that this was a false flag planned by the state or federal government.

I implied nothing. You keep making things up or assuming that you know what I mean or implied, as if you have a crystal ball or can read minds.

I stated directly and implied zero. Not only are you using strawman arguments to circumvent or twist what was originally stated, you are now directly lying that I ever said anything of a "false flag planned" by anyone.

That fact remains that the NG can not police civilians without being officially deployed. Unless there is an official statement to the contrary, the MA NG has not been officially deployed to police civilians or has the the citizens of MA had their Constitutional rights suspended due to martial law.

You are now demanding that I prove a negative or none existent announcement, which would be amusing if you did not know better. You are also a liar, as proven above with your "false flag" statement... your agenda is clear my friend and I have nothing further to say to people like you who lie, circumvent and spin the facts to suit their own preconceived agenda.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I don't think a suicide bomber is out of the question, but the size of the explosion is rather small compared to say what happens in Israel, Iraq, and Afghanistan. I'd think there would be something left of the body if so. Also, the large amount of lower extremity injuries leads me to lean toward the bag on ground or in trash bin thesis at the moment.

I don't want to speculate about motives or perpetrators at this time as there is just too little information to form a sound opinion.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I hate repeating myself, but I felt that this post should be in more than one Boston Marathon thread..........

Originally posted by POXUSA
The Boston Marathon episode bears the mark of a false flag event, and reminds me of the sinister (mostly Italian) Operation Gladio that I have referenced many times before in these forums. It was a false flag event (series of events actually) involving the US intelligence services in collaboration with NATO, and had been in operation for many years. There were many bombings and mass shootings in very open and exposed public areas throughout the European continent - attributed to Communist's aka 'left-wing terrorists.' The true nature of the operation was exposed in 1990 by the Italian intelligence agencies and police forces, but was quickly moved out of the view of an inquiring public and was no longer spoken about - till now that is.

Vincenzo Vinciguerra is a jailed (lifer) right wing terrorist who help to expedite Operation Gladio and he said: “You had to attack civilians, the people, women, children, innocent people, unknown people far removed from any political game." The reasoning here was simple. The perps job was to compel the Italian public - eventually all of Europe - to turn to the state to ask for more security at the expense of their freedoms. Sound familiar?

Somebody put it this way - "Is the Boston Bombing the “Moral Equivalent” of Drone Strikes?"
edit on 16-4-2013 by POXUSA because: (no reason given)

link   
Quick recap of the press conference.

Send us your photos.
We don’t know anything.
We are working on it.

Everything else was just babble to fill up time and sound like they were saying something. They are just there to get prime TV time with the voters to try and reassure them that they are “Working on it”. Nobody exactly know what they are working on… But they are working on it.

link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013

Originally posted by tnhiker

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by tnhiker

Link please.

Will be able to determine for ourselves then. However, there are various ways to destroy explosive devices.

Also, and not to be pedantic (but it is rather important) if you weren't physically in Boston at the marathon, you didn't actually witness anything. You saw images relayed through the media.

I told you, it was on the "live" stream yesterday. Not recorded, not on youtube, the live stream on cbs.

You don't find it the least bit odd that they are retracting the official story already?

I would find it odd that people just believe someone saying something they have no evidence for. The fact is, you could have misunderstood what you say you saw, or you could indeed just be making it up.

There will be a recording of it somewhere, if not out in the wild then in the archives of CBS. I'll believe your suggestion of this when I actually see some evidence of it. I'm not just going to believe what someone on a forum says.

I could really care less if an anonymous poster on the internet believes or doesn't believe me. However there was plenty of people on this forum that were watching the live stream, and it was commented on in this thread as well I believe. I have no reason to mislead, lie, or exaggerate, there is no purpose in it. In fact, what would the purpose be?

link   
reply to post by AGR1PPA

Well, as long as we're guessing -- my guess is that the perpetrator is an American vet who served in Afghanistan. He knows how the road-side bombs were made, so that's how he got the idea. His point? It does no good to ban guns, because see how many people I can hurt without a gun?

My guess is just as good as yours.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

In a crowded place, all one has to do is make out they had just finished a McDonalds lunch.... (But actually the bag contained a home-made device).... walked towards the bin and chucked it in.... simples.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

As my 6 year old would say "That is an excellent theory". I could believe it.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv
Well, as long as we're guessing -- my guess is that the perpetrator is an American vet who served in Afghanistan. He knows how the road-side bombs were made, so that's how he got the idea. His point? It does no good to ban guns, because see how many people I can hurt without a gun?

I agree 100%. Good assessment except I'd lean more towards Iraq vet rather than Afghani

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

As you say, any guess is as good as another but I'm pretty sure anyone could make a pipe bomb, not necessarily ex- military.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by tnhiker

I don't think anyone is saying you are misleading or similar (and certainly not lying). What we appear to be saying is that you misunderstood what you were actually seeing.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Apologies if this has been touched on already, but I would assume the area around the bombs was quite heavily saturated with cameras, cctv etc- seems unlikely that no footage of the bomber would emerge, even allowing for the crowds?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat
I would have thought so but at least one 'official' type says the bombs were in bins. If that was the case they were either dropped in during the race by someone who then had to leave the scene, or as you say less likely, before security checks and went unnoticed for a time.

Yes, I've seen several people saying that they were placed in trash cans along the side walk. Initially the reports were saying they emanated from the buildings, but even in the footage you can see that they were outside on the pavement.
I think it's more plausible that someone dropped them into the bins after the crowds were already there, and depending on the devices and the bins, someone would probably have seen them doing it.

Also for the people talking about jihadists and Saudis, it seems the only reason any muslim/Saudi connection came up is because bystanders jumped an injured man who they thought must have been the bomber based purely on him looking foreign! If bombs were placed unnoticed in bins, it would make more sense that the bomber looked 'normal' and quite inconspicous.

I think it's an unfortunate side-effect of the realities of the world, as most of this kind of violence is carried out by certain people with a certain look about them in certain countries. It's just one of those things that's been supported by the media for the last few years - terrorist = tanned and bearded person from foreign lands. We can see it on here too. People on ATS have no clue of the person of their motivations, but immediately they jump to the same conclusion. It's all over FB and Twitter too. These are the REAL brainwashed sheep, going to what they've been "conditioned" to immediately assume before they even have any facts to create that impression.

and we also have reports that no other devices were found. Personally I think it's natural to have differing accounts from a scene like this from different people, it's not necessarily 'lying' or changing the story.

I agree, there is massive confusion in events like this. Those people running who say there is never security like that and they were warned of heightened security were still in the race, people were running still long after the explosions. Those sent to stop the race would only have known that there had been one explosion, possibly they were aware of both, but not all were. There were also opinions that it was an accident. So those people running would have been stopped by people telling them all kinds of things, from a full-on terrorist attack to a minor accident.

I think that's where a lot of confusion and different stories are coming from. There were a lot of people still running, and they would have all been getting different stories from different people. I've seen one report of a couple of veterans of the marathon claiming that security was higher than ever before, but what if they were still running when it happened, and then ran into a large group of NG and security there to stop them from continuing? That would explain their perception and fit what we know about the scenario. It doesn't immediately mean that the authorities were "prepared" for it or knew something.
edit on 16-4-2013 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

That's cute. Contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.

So if I say "My guess is it's a Chechnyan nationalist", you'll say "Well my guess is it's an IIPB separatist", right? Or if my guess is a Palestinian terrorist, you'll say it was an Israeli Mossad agent?

I'm using logic, statistics, and common sense to make an educated guess, which has a much higher likelihood of being correct than your puerile counterpoint. I see what you're trying to convey with your post (that it's only a guess, and no one knows at this point), and I already understood that. So thanks, I guess.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Credenceskynyrd
Apologies if this has been touched on already, but I would assume the area around the bombs was quite heavily saturated with cameras, cctv etc- seems unlikely that no footage of the bomber would emerge, even allowing for the crowds?

A good point. there should be cctv. It also takes us back to the question of when were the bombs placed, before or during the marathon and security checks? I imagine without them knowing this, it would be hard to pinpoint suspects.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit

I agree 100%. Good assessment except I'd lean more towards Iraq vet rather than Afghani

What caught my attention immediately was the fact of "limbs blown off," which led me to consider a perpetrator with a grudge to bear - a terribly angry Afghan vet with missing limbs. The devices were intentionally designed so as to maim rather than to kill; to do damage to ones limbs. I think the FBI might just eventually profile in a similar manner.
edit on 16-4-2013 by POXUSA because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Credenceskynyrd

Could be a while yet if the streets were thick with crowds and the devices placed surreptitiously. It would mean searching through the CCTV of people walking to the event and then studying the footage of those leaving - and then seeing who is missing bags, etc, on the outward footage. It could take ages. On the other hand, isn't Homeland Security huge these days? And it has been quite in the USA for a while now so there will be a huge amount of agents placed on this.

new topics

top topics

<< 99  100  101    103  104  105 >>

join