It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

BREAKING:Explosion At Boston Marathon

page: 100
220
<< 97  98  99    101  102  103 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Just picked this up from another thread:


Originally posted by ipsedixit
I just heard on the radio that other bombs were found in the area and that there is a person in hospital with injuries who is not allowed to leave hospital. The news here said that things were found in this person's apartment that have aroused the interest of agencies investigating this crime.

www.thestar.com...


Massachusetts State Police investigating the marathon bombing searched an apartment just outside Boston, in Revere. Officers were seen leaving with bags full of material. There's no word of any suspects or motive in the attack. (April 16, 2013)

edit on 16-4-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)




posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Rubic0n
 


I could not agree with this more. The warping of the minds after 9/11 is incredible!



posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gideon70
Let's try and keep to the facts .

Nobody has claimed responsibility . Nobody has been arrested and charged . Individuals have been questioned and subsequently released .

Anything else is pure fantasy and speculation.


This is also a fact....had a group claimed responsibility, it would have been blacked out by the American media, sympathetic to the Obama administration.

DHS issued no warnings to Americans after this attack.....and it's already Tuesday morning.



posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
FBI press conference coming up around 9:30am EST.

Looks like it might be carried here: boston.cbslocal.com
edit on 16-4-2013 by OneisOne because: add link



posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by threewisemonkeys
 





Sure looks like your conditioned to hate Muslims. I know plenty of them, none of them wish me harm.


There is no conditioning, only a clear understanding the history surrounding the invention and rise of Islam and the muslims who spread it through Jihad.



posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
I have been reading through the last few pages but what I want to know is:

Why would a right-wing nutter choose the closing stages of a Marathon to cause havoc? Doesn't make sense to me as the only runners there were 'white' (from what I saw in the videos).


I saw an interview last night with a black American man from Boston. There were plenty of people from all backgrounds in the crowd. I don't know what videos you've been watching, but the idea that this is a racial crime seems to be complete nonsense.

As for why a right-wing nutter would pick this...
It's Boston, a significant location in American history.
It was carried out on Patriot's Day, a significant date in the calendar celebrating when Boston pushed out the British.


Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Islamists? Possibly, as they do have a hatred for the West and do these types of bombings without warnings.


They don't generally do "these types" of bombings, actually. In the majority of cases where Muslim extremism is the motivation the reward is martyrdom, and there is no indication that these were suicide bombings. This fits the style of the IRA, and of white extremists.

Breivik is white, but he attacked other white people based on political ideology.


Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
NK Terrorist? Possible again, as the tension rises in NK and the surrounding area.


This is actually something that I've seen suggested as the reason for it not being called a "terrorist" attack. It could be that this is being looked into, and in that case it would be classed as an "act of war". Personally, I don't think a state like NK would target a marathon in Boston, it has no significance to them. If they were going to attack America in such a way I believe they would target something significant like New York or Washington.


Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Russians or Chinese? Again its possible, as both have dis-like for Americans.


But what would be the aim of attacking? There needs to be a reason to go to all that effort and risk a global war. If one of those nations is going to risk a massive conflict you can guarantee they would kick it off with something more than this. The Japanese didn't attack with bombs in trash cans, they bombed Pearl Harbor in an effort to diminish the ability to strike back.
This is not likely going to be a powerful state like Russia or China, because they wouldn't risk a global war in such a way, it makes no sense in a military strategy at all.



posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rubic0n

Originally posted by randyvs


I'm no expert, but the way the explosions happened. one after the other. And with the amount of distance
between the two. Smacks of detonation, but I'm just speculating.


It actually sounds more like a gasline. im not saying it is or isnt but just going by that yeah , gasline fits very well and a lot better then what you suggest. Its your brain steering you into a different direction.


Yeah, uh-huh.....please provide a link showing us where ball bearings are found in gaslines

second line.



posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DCPatriot

Originally posted by Gideon70
Let's try and keep to the facts .

Nobody has claimed responsibility . Nobody has been arrested and charged . Individuals have been questioned and subsequently released .

Anything else is pure fantasy and speculation.


This is also a fact....had a group claimed responsibility, it would have been blacked out by the American media, sympathetic to the Obama administration.

DHS issued no warnings to Americans after this attack.....and it's already Tuesday morning.


Like I said . Anything else is pure fantasy and speculation.
You post is a great example of the latter



posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dutchowl
These things really trouble me. One, no group has stepped forward to take responsibility. That points to domestic terrorism. But whoever did it apparently knew about the security precautions so they were smart. That points away from some kook.
The bombs used. They seemed to be designed to inflict serious lower body injury and not necessarily death.
........


I wondered about this too. If it was a religious group or political terrorism, wouldn't they be wanting to publicise their cause by claiming responsibility?

Also the bombs, as you say they appear to have blown off lower limbs. Would this be because of where they were placed? ie. hidden under a bench or a bin at low level perhaps and not an attempt to 'just maim'. If they were hidden under something, it could be that they were placed there days before security made checks. I don't know if that's possible, just a theory.

All in all these crude explosions and no claiming responsibility do point to a disturbed individual or small group, yet the drill going on at the same time is suspicious. Linking this to worldwide events, London security services are going to have an extremely busy week with Thatcher's funeral on wednesday and the London Marathon on Sunday, maybe something will happen in the UK too.



posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Just picked this up from another thread:


Originally posted by ipsedixit
I just heard on the radio that other bombs were found in the area and that there is a person in hospital with injuries who is not allowed to leave hospital. The news here said that things were found in this person's apartment that have aroused the interest of agencies investigating this crime.

www.thestar.com...


Massachusetts State Police investigating the marathon bombing searched an apartment just outside Boston, in Revere. Officers were seen leaving with bags full of material. There's no word of any suspects or motive in the attack. (April 16, 2013)

edit on 16-4-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)


lol...

how could they be searching someones apartmnet already?

a bomb goes off and within hours they are in someones apartment..lol

I wonder from what country this guy will be from..

I mean these kind of attacks are always planned and when the media is envoloved like this you can see an agenda..

even if to just creat fear or hate...


what we need is love, love your fellow Humans...

just love..


forgive, love

oh and justice ...

I pray the Truth is revealed..

thank YOU



posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno

There is no conditioning, only a clear understanding the history surrounding the invention and rise of Islam and the muslims who spread it through Jihad.


And you believe this equates to all Muslims? A substantial majority of Muslims? A minority of Muslims? If your understanding truly is a clear one, you'll get the answer 1st time. Otherwise, you're as conditioned as you appear to be.


CX

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Fox News are reporting on the TV that the Saudi national that was a suspect has now been deemed to have nothing to do with it.

CX.



posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Cryptonomicon
 


sorry to hear that. i hope they are ok.



posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat
 


It's also the Emancipation Day Celebrations in Washington DC today... Security will be extremely tight everywhere.

The UK is slightly better prepared for Domestic Terrorism however. This is due in no small part to the IRA and the years of attacks they carried out.

I for one will be avoiding London when the Marathon is on and Maggies funeral but that's because the crowds will be clogging up transport and blocking roads all over the place and nothing to do with any threats!



posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Hope everyone is tuned in to watch the FBI press conference in a sec!!

Now, one thing that a reporter just stated; police are swamping the airports and such in an attempt to recoup any footage from the event; Iphones, cameras, etc..

for helpful evidence...or to confiscate from the public?



posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by proob4
 


it may not be the titanic, but there could have been additional charges to fire in a sequence, or after the last one.. thankfully it didnt end up in a chain of 10 or so. this was redic.



posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth_Hz
reply to post by DrHammondStoat
 


It's also the Emancipation Day Celebrations in Washington DC today... Security will be extremely tight everywhere.

The UK is slightly better prepared for Domestic Terrorism however. This is due in no small part to the IRA and the years of attacks they carried out.

I for one will be avoiding London when the Marathon is on and Maggies funeral but that's because the crowds will be clogging up transport and blocking roads all over the place and nothing to do with any threats!


I hate London, I live out in the countryside I feel really uncomfortable when I have had to visit.

Got to go down there again in a couple of months, not looking forward to it at all.



posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Well it's official . What some of us have been saying all along is now FACT . There were only TWO bombs .
Can we please now put an end to the unexploded bombs speculation ?

edit on 16-4-2013 by Gideon70 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Already the FBI is lying this morning! Yesterday the news was that they found at least 2 other bombs that Had Not been exploded and were being dismantled, today's press conference they say there were NO other devices found!

LIES.....all lies!



posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat
Also the bombs, as you say they appear to have blown off lower limbs. Would this be because of where they were placed? ie. hidden under a bench or a bin at low level perhaps and not an attempt to 'just maim'. If they were hidden under something, it could be that they were placed there days before security made checks. I don't know if that's possible, just a theory.


I think it's standard practice for there to be searches and checks of the area before an event like this, and they would have been found. If they were in trash cans and under benches, they would have been noticed long before the crowds came in. At least, that's how it's done in the UK, a sweep of the area is carried out at least once before the crowds arrive, and all of these areas would have been checked.

I would assume that it's logical standard practice to do the same in Boston for this event, so I very much doubt that these items would have been there before the start. This might also explain the reports of people being interviewed in hospital. When the media says something like that everyone immediately assumes they are a suspect, but they could just be witnesses. Perhaps someone saw something, perhaps they were a witness to someone putting something large in a bin? Then, if they give a description, perhaps someone with similar clothing is then watched until they can speak to them and remove them as a suspect? There are too many possibilities here, but I think logic would dictate that the devices would have been planted after the start, and that there probably would then have been witnesses to it.


Originally posted by DrHammondStoat
All in all these crude explosions and no claiming responsibility do point to a disturbed individual or small group, yet the drill going on at the same time is suspicious. Linking this to worldwide events, London security services are going to have an extremely busy week with Thatcher's funeral on wednesday and the London Marathon on Sunday, maybe something will happen in the UK too.


I would agree on your assessment that it was an individual or small group. That's what common sense is telling me. And because of the location and day, I would suggest that there is a right-wing nationalist sentiment behind it too, someone looking for a revolution of some kind.

I haven't seen any evidence about the "drill". At all events like this there are drills in the planning and security during the event. And who is to say that there were not warnings of some kind? Maybe there was low-level intelligence? Maybe there was some less-than-credible threat that they did act on, but not credible enough to shut it down? We don't know, but I would still say that the perceived increase in security is not a fact in itself, and there could be several reasons for it if it is true.

I am also worried about things in the UK this week. We already have threats of protests at Thatcher's funeral, and while that's not necessarily a threat to safety it does show that there will be increased security. I am more concerned with the IRA using it as an opportunity for attack. There were already reports of arrests being made after weapons were found when a car was pulled over in Ireland last week.

I'm not as concerned about the marathon, because this event seems to have political motives closer to home rather than a global cause. They will have to reassure people though, and that will mean an expensive increase in security and potentially lower numbers participating.




top topics



 
220
<< 97  98  99    101  102  103 >>

log in

join