It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING:Explosion At Boston Marathon

page: 101
<< 98  99  100    102  103  104 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
AP text alert just stated no other bombs were found. That is for a fact BS, as I watched live on cbs them detonating one with a water hose. I also heard live on the scanner that they had 2 more unexploded ones. Plus at the press conference yesterday they announced it as well.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31
Already the FBI is lying this morning! Yesterday the news was that they found at least 2 other bombs that Had Not been exploded and were being dismantled, today's press conference they say there were NO other devices found!

LIES.....all lies!

Why would you think the FBI are lying ?
You took prior speculative reporting as fact .
It's always better to wait for official facts.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

It makes sense if they wanted Americans to blame 'Islamists' or 'Iran'.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by tnhiker
AP text alert just stated no other bombs were found. That is for a fact BS, as I watched live on cbs them detonating one with a water hose. I also heard live on the scanner that they had 2 more unexploded ones. Plus at the press conference yesterday they announced it as well.

What you saw was the controlled explosions of suspect packages..........which subsequently turned out to be bags left behind in the chaos of people fleeing the scene.

This is actually pretty common in bomb disposal. Technology is such that it is easier to simply contain and destroy suspect packages. Bummer for the person that left a work report or uni assignment in the bags in the panic!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by cornucopia
how could they be searching someones apartmnet already?

a bomb goes off and within hours they are in someones apartment..lol

How about this for an explanation...
An injured person in the hospital tells the police that they saw someone lift the lid of a trash can and place a bag inside it, then run. The witness then started moving toward the nearest person in uniform to tell them when the trash can exploded. They provide a description of the person they saw, and every injured person in the hospital is checked. They find one man wearing similar clothes to the described perpetrator, pull out his wallet and check his ID. They find his address and attend his apartment...

It's not rocket science. This is criminal investigation. You could probably have three or four potential addresses to search immediately after an event like this, and the fact they did this so quickly is more likely a result of their stellar investigative work and the help of witnesses, that's more likely than immediately jumping to "FALSE FLAG!!!!!!"

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
NK Terrorist? Possible again, as the tension rises in NK and the surrounding area.

This is actually something that I've seen suggested as the reason for it not being called a "terrorist" attack. It could be that this is being looked into, and in that case it would be classed as an "act of war". Personally, I don't think a state like NK would target a marathon in Boston, it has no significance to them. If they were going to attack America in such a way I believe they would target something significant like New York or Washington.

Interestingly, a marathon was held in North Korea only a day or two ago:

www.guardian.co.uk...

link   
Or it could be a terrorist attack. You know its not hard to make a homemade bomb...... Whoever it is should get torched to death. To bad in special circumstances we don't have an eye for an eye law system. Just lethal injection....... how scary.... please that's an easy way out; almost as easy as euthanasia i would assume. Justice will prevail and they will find who it is. Hopefully they find this bastard quick.

link   

Originally posted by Flavian

What you saw was the controlled explosions of suspect packages..........which subsequently turned out to be bags left behind in the chaos of people fleeing the scene.

This is actually pretty common in bomb disposal. Technology is such that it is easier to simply contain and destroy suspect packages. Bummer for the person that left a work report or uni assignment in the bags in the panic!

No. When they hit it with the water cannon, the reporters even reported hearing the explosion. It was on the live stream of the local cbs. I watched it and heard it live personally.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by tnhiker

Link please.

Will be able to determine for ourselves then. However, there are various ways to destroy explosive devices.

Also, and not to be pedantic (but it is rather important) if you weren't physically in Boston at the marathon, you didn't actually witness anything. You saw images relayed through the media.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

You do know that they carry out controlled explosions on "suspect" packages too, right? Just because the authorities blow something up doesn't mean it was actually a device.
We've had that in my town before. In the 80's and 90's we had threats from the IRA and from Animal Rights extremists, targeting our shopping centre. They carried out controlled explosions on packages that turned out to be nothing more than a forgotten bag.

The rest is hearsay. But as you've already translated a "suspicious device" and a "controlled explosion" to mean that it MUST have been another device, I would say your assessment of the latter radio reports are also most likely exaggeration.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

No. When they hit it with the water cannon, the reporters even reported hearing the explosion. It was on the live stream of the local cbs. I watched it and heard it live personally.

It's all part of a controlled detonation and at the end of the day , that is all it was .
The water didn't cause the detonation .

link   

Originally posted by Gideon70

Already the FBI is lying this morning! Yesterday the news was that they found at least 2 other bombs that Had Not been exploded and were being dismantled, today's press conference they say there were NO other devices found!

LIES.....all lies!

LOL ! Yeah you always need to trust the official story.

2#

link   

reply to post by tnhiker

Link please.

Will be able to determine for ourselves then. However, there are various ways to destroy explosive devices.

Also, and not to be pedantic (but it is rather important) if you weren't physically in Boston at the marathon, you didn't actually witness anything. You saw images relayed through the media.

I told you, it was on the "live" stream yesterday. Not recorded, not on youtube, the live stream on cbs.

You don't find it the least bit odd that they are retracting the official story already?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
At least those bomb sniffing dogs managed to find them. Oh wait

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I think it's standard practice for there to be searches and checks of the area before an event like this, and they would have been found. If they were in trash cans and under benches, they would have been noticed long before the crowds came in. At least, that's how it's done in the UK, a sweep of the area is carried out at least once before the crowds arrive, and all of these areas would have been checked.

I would have thought so but at least one 'official' type says the bombs were in bins. If that was the case they were either dropped in during the race by someone who then had to leave the scene, or as you say less likely, before security checks and went unnoticed for a time.

Also for the people talking about jihadists and Saudis, it seems the only reason any muslim/Saudi connection came up is because bystanders jumped an injured man who they thought must have been the bomber based purely on him looking foreign! If bombs were placed unnoticed in bins, it would make more sense that the bomber looked 'normal' and quite inconspicous.

Law enforcement officials questioned an injured Saudi national at a local hospital, but news stories indicated that the individual appears to have no connection to the case. The Boston Globe reported that he was simply a frightened spectator who had tried to flee but was tackled and restrained by bystanders.......

......Rep. William Keating (D) of Massachusetts, a member of the House Homeland Security Committee, told a local CBS reporter that the two bombs at the finish line, which exploded seconds apart, had been stashed in trash receptacles and were clearly a “coordinated attack.” Authorities have discovered two other unexploded devices, he told Boston’s WBZ News......Other reports said no unexploded devices had been found.

news.yahoo.com...

and we also have reports that no other devices were found. Personally I think it's natural to have differing accounts from a scene like this from different people, it's not necessarily 'lying' or changing the story.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

LIES.....all lies!

2#

So you think that listening to speculative reporting has left you better informed ???

Or is it that you will trust any other source than the official one ?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by tnhiker

What you most likely saw was EOD detonating something suspicious followed immediately by them putting water on it so as not to start a fire. If you know you're about to "drop and pop" something it makes sense to put water on it immediately. Especially in a congested urban setting.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

LIES.....all lies!

2#

No, you don't. But you also shouldn't just blindly accept the opinions and theories of anyone who paints a picture you more comfortably agree with. There are far too many people here trying to make out that it must be a false flag attack, and they're basing that on speculation, myth, suggestion and guesses.

People have their own ideas about who they WANT to be guilty of this. And all of them are trying to build a case to prove that, ignoring facts and believing fiction when it suits them. The same thing has happened on ATS for everything from 9/11 to Sandy Hook - ignore the realities, believe the BS, as long as it points the finger at who you want it to be.

People here are acting like corrupt cops, planting evidence and forming a case to make their favoured group the criminal, that's not the way to build an accurate story.

link   

You do know that they carry out controlled explosions on "suspect" packages too, right? Just because the authorities blow something up doesn't mean it was actually a device.
We've had that in my town before. In the 80's and 90's we had threats from the IRA and from Animal Rights extremists, targeting our shopping centre. They carried out controlled explosions on packages that turned out to be nothing more than a forgotten bag.

The rest is hearsay. But as you've already translated a "suspicious device" and a "controlled explosion" to mean that it MUST have been another device, I would say your assessment of the latter radio reports are also most likely exaggeration.

Go back and re-read the thread. The scanner reports were commented on by several people, not just myself. So no, I am not exaggerating.

link   
To all that were completely confused by my posts as they went on last night I blame the Red Wine. But the "Dog Sniffing Bombs" is classic I must say.

I apologize and cant say it wont happen again.

I stand by my theory that it was two bombers and possibly suicide bombers. The point I was trying to make is that it would be nearly impossible to plant a bomb prior to the event. Nor do I think someone got access during this event and planted the bombs as someone would of seen a Person planting such devices and notified someone before they went off.

The other points I was "trying" to make was that we have had many sporting events and other high profile events since 9/11 on this type of scale and have not had a single "terrorism" attack. The only thing that comes close to this bombing is the Atlanta Olympic bombing which seems very similar.

It will be interesting in the next few days on who there going to pin this on. I dont think North Korea will be one of them but, hey, I have been surprised before.
edit on 16-4-2013 by hoochymama because: (no reason given)

<< 98  99  100    102  103  104 >>

join