It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeless Tunnel/Camp closed by East Bottoms Kansas police

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Police used bulldozers to cover up and close down a makeshift shelter SOURCE:Underground Homeless Tunnel Closed in Kansas

Personally I believe that the PTB are going to use any excuse to make it difficult for homeless persons to survive, this example, Copper thieves.

So some industrious homeless persons made a cool tunnel to an underground room to sleep away from the elements, I am saddened by this, even if I understand the reasons that the PTB did what they did.
Sad because AMERICANS SHOULD NOT BE HOMELESS.

But ,, some of us are, and we treat them like dirt,, that obviously they live in,, SAD SAD SAD. Maybe Common land should be set aside for homeless to live in tents, caves, or what ever they can survive on,,, since BIG BIZ doesn't want to set aside any of the MULTITUDE of buildings I see vacant and Not being used for anything. What gives,, are we that shallow America.

Here is what the Tunnel looked like,, pretty good looking to me!

edit on 4/10/2013 by EarthCitizen23 because: spelling

edit on 4/10/2013 by EarthCitizen23 because: added photo

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The Kansas City, Missouri (NOT Kansas) police probably remember a few years ago, when part of the West Bottoms burnt because some homeless people started a fire in a vacant building to keep warm. Things of historical value were lost forever. The area looked like a war zone when the fire was over. BTW, the tunnels were up on the bluffs of the Northeast neighborhood, not in the East Bottoms. Cops do these things because they know that crime moves with the homeless. There's a lot of other bad things going on in the Northeast, but the homeless don't have the money for a bribe, if you know what I mean. KC always was a corrupt town, and maybe people like J. C. Nichols were just polishing a turd.

Edit: Back in the Dirty Thirties, people were also living in tunnels dug into the loess soil of the river bluffs. A vertical wall of the stuff is very stable, as the photo shows.
edit on 10-4-2013 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
now i might be knee jerking a little but. now i just want to buy my own property, accessable by homeless people, for their own tunnel. they took something that any philanthropist could have said "you know what i could reinforce that with concrete and put some solar power to that." but no, americans can't build anything of their own these days. this just makes me want to build my own protest tunnel.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
They should just leave them alone. Isn't their plight bad enough? This is my problem with "publicly owned property". If no one is using the property, why shouldn't the homeless use it? I am getting very sick of big brother herding everybody into smaller and smaller areas and screwing you over if you don't comply with "normal" behavior.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen23

They effing brought in a tractor and filled in the entrance and exit to this tunnel.....

The poor people are just trying to find a place to live......Yeah yeah they were checking the site because of stolen copper wire, but found nothing!

They did find a pile of baby diapers (used) outside of one of the exits......So who came up with the bright idea to seal this off?? What a bunch of jerk offs!!

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
underground retreats are not for the likes of them. perish the thought. that's the PTB's domain.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

That is my point about BIG BIZ and empty buildings,, if they know they are going to be empty long periods, why not open them up to homeless, I am sure some organizations would be glad to retrofit them to work as temp shelters, and clean up when the BIG BIZ company wants it back,,, Sure the FEDS would give the BIG BIZ more MONEY/Tax breaks for their ''kindness''.

Not all homeless are that bright,, so dangers abound,, from fire to other things,, but this could be modified to help as opposed to Pushing them farther out of sight.

thanks for your words,, sound like you know a bit more about the local goings on there... tell more if you can,,

Polishing turds,,, that was classic...loved it.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

In the very near future...
It will be illegal to be poor in America. Enter the corporate controlled camps and forced labor. Sound familiar?

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

I know a Homeless man here where I live, who has lived nearby in the woods for about 4 years. I just bought some land, and am going to ask him if he want to move up there and help me out,, and he can have a place to stay permanantly,,, or at least as long as I can keep TPTB away. If I can find him,, he was run off the land he had squatted on,,, !! He is smart, educated,, not a drunk or drug user and I have supplied him with Tents, supplies and food before, so think he might trust me some... will see anyway hope to find him he was a good man.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

I have never complied,, and they are screwing me out of my home for less than $4000 dollars I can't catch up on in my mortgage payments. I understand completely. The Banks OWN THE WORLD and Want us Poor scum OFF.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

It does seem they could have at least found the poor parent with the Child to help them, if not everyone there.

SAD Beyond belief our Society

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I think the majority of posters so far are missing the point.

There was recently two fatalities, caused by unauthorized, un-engineered, un-reinforced tunnel digging.

If they are digging and living on public land, had a similar event happen, perhaps to the baby that apparently was living there, the local authorities would be sued for $$$, and the people who sued probably would win, whether they made the tunnel or not. It's a public nuisance, and should have (and probably had) been addressed and removed to prevent accidents from happening.

If they are digging and living on your land, you would be held responsible to the same end.

And if the tunnels had been left in place, and the responsible people said "Well, we knew they were dangerous, but we didn't do anything about it," then we would be on a post here at ATS whining about how horrible the responsible people were that allowed such a dangerous situation to continue.

edit on 10-4-2013 by stars15k because: an attempt at better grammar

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RoScoLaz

Maybe that is part of their fear,, that if we dig too many tunnels ourselves we will run into their gleaming chrome and steel Bunkers and Tunnels that connect the PTB private subways hidden from everyone??

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

Hey, I understand that, could you give a link to the news about the two people killed?

So, given that we have homeless people,, who can't afford steel beam girders, and permits from the county to dig, and the fact is that they stand in the rain as the Mayor, city council drive by to go to nice dry homes. What to do?
I suggested that Empty Gov. or Big Biz buildings be TEMP shelters.
Or How about the Nice lady whom I helped move out of her Home into an Apartment,, and her house was forclosed on,, but she could have kept paying something,,, and NOW her house sits EMPTY for at least 9 months. She could have stayed there til it sold,,, but BANKS ARE EVIL
I KNOW because I soon will be joining the ranks of homeless when I get tossed out.
AND As I said before,, my case,, I owe $4000 I can't catch up on,,, and don't say,, get on the Obama program,, they turned me down 5 times for loan modification.
America Sucks right now,, and I love my Country and fellow Americans,, this is BS.

But I understand safety issues.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
authorities also suspect that some of these people living in the tunnels could be involved in a rash of copper thefts in that particular area. Perhaps they were the actual thieves or maybe just lookouts who knows. Regardless, It was not a safe place to live and the authorities, knowing people were living there, have the obligation to get them out. Imagine the outrage if many people and possibly an infant were killed in a tunnel collapse and the authorities knew about them living there and did nothing. They are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

I'm no tunnel expert, but I saw no bracing of any sort in the photo posted of the tunnels earlier.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by stars15k
I think the majority of posters so far are missing the point.

There was recently two fatalities, caused by unauthorized, un-engineered, un-reinforced tunnel digging.

If they are digging and living on public land, had a similar event happen, perhaps to the baby that apparently was living there, the local authorities would be sued for $$$, and the people who sued probably would win, whether they made the tunnel or not. It's a public nuisance, and should have (and probably had) been addressed and removed to prevent accidents from happening.

If they are digging and living on your land, you would be held responsible to the same end.

And if the tunnels had been left in place, and the responsible people said "Well, we knew they were dangerous, but we didn't do anything about it," then we would be on a post here at ATS whining about how horrible the responsible people were that allowed such a dangerous situation to continue.

edit on 10-4-2013 by stars15k because: an attempt at better grammar
IF this where the only case where the homeless were dispossessed and force to move on, I might buy that argument. However, TPTB have shown that any existence outside the "norm" will not be long tolerated.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Not so sure about that. Remember how tolerant the authorities (PTB) in New York were with the OWS bunch who made themselves very comfortable in the city parks? Not sure what the total costs to the city were at the time for extra police, clean up, repairs etc.. Certainly in the millions in NYC alone. Now the city of New York is poised to reimburse the Occupiers for lost and/or damaged personal property during the final clean sweep effort to finally kick them out. To the tune of $300k ear marked for reimbursements. Once again, the taxpayers will take it on the chin just as they did for the clean up, extra police hours and repairs. Crazy! The occupiers should have been billed and held accountable for the damages caused by their efforts.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

great thread like usual S n F...and this really irritated me. They don't want anyone living in peace minding there own business. Its bad enough they were homeless and had to find/make there own cool shelter, and now those evil chumps took there only shelter making them homeless again.

The World government doesn't want anyone to be self sufficient or truly independent and out of there corrupt system.

edit on 10-4-2013 by HumanitiesLastHope because: because

Oh and heres another link and info i found regarding this
www.infowars.com...
edit on 10-4-2013 by HumanitiesLastHope because: link

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen23

Hey, I understand that, could you give a link to the news about the two people killed?

So, given that we have homeless people,, who can't afford steel beam girders, and permits from the county to dig, and the fact is that they stand in the rain as the Mayor, city council drive by to go to nice dry homes. What to do?
I suggested that Empty Gov. or Big Biz buildings be TEMP shelters.
Or How about the Nice lady whom I helped move out of her Home into an Apartment,, and her house was forclosed on,, but she could have kept paying something,,, and NOW her house sits EMPTY for at least 9 months. She could have stayed there til it sold,,, but BANKS ARE EVIL
I KNOW because I soon will be joining the ranks of homeless when I get tossed out.
AND As I said before,, my case,, I owe $4000 I can't catch up on,,, and don't say,, get on the Obama program,, they turned me down 5 times for loan modification.
America Sucks right now,, and I love my Country and fellow Americans,, this is BS.

But I understand safety issues.

Have you been living in a cave yourself? It's been all over the news and discussed here at ATS; the digging was supposedly done by a prepper who was making a bunker.
What to do? Well, giving them homes, without making them pay for homes does not work. It's been tried. People who have no jobs and no money, means they cannot pay for utilities, proper furnishing, and repairs.

Should the people who have had jobs, saved money, paid their bills, and own things like homes continue to do so? Perhaps everyone should just have the basics of life given to them? Really? What country do you live in again?

I'm sorry if people can't pay their bills, can't hold a job, and don't have nice things. But just giving people empty buildings and/or letting them construct their own wherever they choose isn't going to help anyone outside sheltering them from a storm. What would happen to those buildings you suggest be used?

I am fortunate, even though my credit score sucks. I own the home I live in, outright, not mortgaged, paid for....it's mine. But I would still expect that some entity is going to make sure the utilities are paid and the sanitation and safety issues are maintained. Who would be responsible for the utility and safety in these free buildings? Someone would have to be. More government, more rules is the results. More free money, more taxes, more government, more taxes....is this the effect you desire?

Not me.

I believe in giving a hand up, not a hand-out.
What you suggest is a hand-out.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Wow, makes me wonder how humanity survived for thousands of years without the utility companies, banks, or government being involved in, or charging them for, every single aspect of their lives.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join