It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry Mates. Australia To Cut Out US Dollar.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Australia should do what is in Australia's best interests.

Really, that's the most important thing, isn't it?

America has it's own issues and problems, Australia doesn't need to share in that.

*cheers*

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Good sentiments beezer

Its very easy to get caught up in patriotism for ones country and really at the end of the day none of us has a say in what our governments do to us or for us and sometimes not even the person the majority voted for leads the country or even elected.

The war machine will continue to do the job it was designed to do around the globe and until that job is fininished Australia will be one of her allies regardless of the US`s finacial mess.

This could all have been planned and be just one more small step toward a one world currency and government in the future.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by greatfriendbadfoe
mates?
c'mon now what fair dinkum aussie would use mates in that context? How embarrasing

I don't often agree with dark n stormy but in this case I must.

If we lose america as a close friend then we lose the security of their protection. And don'tgive me "we don't need it" or "we're strong enough on our own" bs, we have the largest gaggle of muzzies in the world close enough to bloody well swim over here and china with its new navy just a short cruise away. And now the little fat man with the funny uniform pretending to be all grown up and boss of the local sandbox.

Wake up!

But back to my first point, you're really not an aussie are you.

edit on 31-3-2013 by greatfriendbadfoe because: (no reason given)

Eh, at least we're a part of the Commonwealth. The Queen will save us if anything bad should happen.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
It does sound like global demand for the USD is on the decline, so watch out for an increase in inflation pressure. In the short term the stock market will soak up a lot of this extra capital so things will still look good on the surface, but how this translates to the standard of living on main street is where the true measure is at.

I have no idea how much the US will lose and other nations save as the middleman is taken out of currency exchanges. A single national currency will never work as a global standard, just to many conflicts of interest and points of abuse.
edit on 31-3-2013 by kwakakev because: spelling

I've been wondering with this Cyprus bank fiasco, could Australia get into a similar position? And what would it take to cause such a problem in countries outside Europe. I know the Australian dollar is very strong at the moment, but the Euro is still stronger, and Europe is in a bad state.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by salainen
Eh, at least we're a part of the Commonwealth. The Queen will save us if anything bad should happen.

Even the Queen needed the USA to survive not long ago

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   

mates?
c'mon now what fair dinkum aussie would use mates in that context? How embarrasing

What self-respecting Australian would use the Aussie pro-noun with out capitalisation?.

How "embarrasing", as you put it.

"Fari dinkum"? really? how cliché. Just because you world view is not supported by the entirety of your countrymen, does not make it un-Australian.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by cartenz

mates?

What self-respecting Australian would use the Aussie pro-noun with out capitalisation?.

"Fari dinkum"? really? how cliché. Just because you world view is not supported by the entirety of your countrymen, does not make it un-Australian.

You have down your location as upper echelon. imo that should be up somewhere else. This "self respecting aussie" would use a small a, especially when there are many of my keys broken on my keyboard and I have to grab letters from elsewhere using copy and paste so there are many occasions where I can't use capitals or can't find the needed capital. I guess there are times where you might not have all of the facts before you blurt out your profound thoughts. Ever heard of the saying keep your mouth shut and let people think you're stupid rather than opening it and letting people know yhou're stupid. If you haven't picked up yet, your smart ar5e reply was, imo, insipid
And re fair dinkum, some of us still use that. It's pretty common. so it makes me wonder if we have another example of a non aussie here trying to show how amazing they are. If so, go play in the kiddies sandbox with the other children junior

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Originally posted by salainen

Even the Queen needed the USA to survive not long ago

Well then we shall hope that the Queen keeps good relations with the USA. Then if Australia needs help from the USA, the Queen can back us.

The usual Queenslander who doesn't know how to read or write properly.

You certainly have a point there, his entire argument was ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   

mates?

You have down your location as upper echelon. imo that should be up somewhere else. This "self respecting aussie" would use a small a, especially when there are many of my keys broken on my keyboard and I have to grab letters from elsewhere using copy and paste so there are many occasions where I can't use capitals or can't find the needed capital. I guess there are times where you might not have all of the facts before you blurt out your profound thoughts. Ever heard of the saying keep your mouth shut and let people think you're stupid rather than opening it and letting people know yhou're stupid. If you haven't picked up yet, your smart ar5e reply was, imo, insipid
And re fair dinkum, some of us still use that. It's pretty common. so it makes me wonder if we have another example of a non aussie here trying to show how amazing they are. If so, go play in the kiddies sandbox with the other children junior

Broken keyboard? Lets explore this statement...

To have input a capital letter, one only needs to hold down one of 2 shift keys on the keyboard, if one was broken then there is another to utilise. (located under the caps-lock key and enter key on most 101 US style keyboards respectively.) If both of these keys were broken then certain characters could be typed by the user--Characters such as the quotation marks or capitals you have utilised elsewhere in your post...

Do you get where I'm coming from?

OR--just admit you're views are redundant and you do not actually posses as good a grasp of the English language as you previously assumed....

But I'm perfectly happy with going to play in the sandpit with my fellow learned colleagues if it means not having to read the poorly composed rantings of a redundant idiot.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by wemustbreakyou

Guess Australia is next after this whole Middle East thing.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Australia should do what is in Australia's best interests.

Really, that's the most important thing, isn't it?

America has it's own issues and problems, Australia doesn't need to share in that.

*cheers*

They do if they know what's good for 'em.

*Rolls up sleeves 1920's tough-guy style*

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxdaniel21
reply to post by caladonea

I agree. I'm australian, and reading his post sounds a bit provocative...

"Sorry mates, it's just business", sounds like a #-stirrer to me.

Obviously this country is trying to help itself, but we don't need this "sorry america, we're leaving ya" attitude. I mean, if SHTF, and one country is to help us, it would (presumably), be the americans - not china.

Hell, we got rid of our mandarin speaking leader, and i don't think julia would be up to the task of a strong relationship with the chinese.

You can thank the idiots at the top for the instability in the USD - not the american ATS readers

thanks xx......a hell of alot of us americans (not only ATS readers) don't like what's going on in the financial markets either, but the wealthy have so much money, and capital can move so easily in the world, that our politcal twig and berries, have pretty much been cut-off. just take a look at what happened in the recent LIBOR scandal....nothing!!!....not even a fine!! and how about cyprus?...the common folk are getting buggered when they had nothing to do with that mess.
edit on 31-3-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by cartenz

ok dipstick, try this. Pretend that your s doesn't work. I chose s because you can grab one from the abovetopsecret part in the address bar. so highlight the s, then grab the s using control c, then try and make a capital s using the shift and control v. duh ................. it didn't work did it.

sorry if I have to use first principles to work my computer. But thems the breaks. My a, my s and whatever was on the left hand side of the number one are missing. also, it looks like I was right re being aussie hey? since you didn't react to it. so you keep playing in the sandpit.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Ever heard of the saying keep your mouth shut and let people think you're stupid rather than opening it and letting people know yhou're stupid. If you haven't picked up yet, your smart ar5e reply was, imo, insipid

Lovely piece of advice there! Might want to use it before calling the OP of the thread un-Australian due to calling anyone a mate.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Kind of sad when a country that is its own entire continent has to team up with another continent like Asia to claim it has a part in the "new century" of economics. Australia is an "Asian country"?!?! LOL, I guess we have 6 continents then.
reply to post by 00nunya00

You miss the bigger picture completely. What is actually happening is that we will wean ourselves off $US to stabilize a fair go between our exports and Chinese imports. We will bypass a currency that is used to circulate petrol dollars to destabilize and create economic warfare buying assets on the cheap and exporting its inflation. Do some research as to how America has been technically dead and on life support through hegemony of the $US. Go Aussies Go

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheConstruKctionofLight
We will bypass a currency that is used to circulate petrol dollars to destabilize and create economic warfare buying assets on the cheap and exporting its inflation. Do some research as to how America has been technically dead and on life support through hegemony of the $US. Go Aussies Go

What, so Australia is destabilizing the world economy on purpose, and doing economic warfare? Are we sure we want to do this. Killing America is not in the best interests of Australia, or the world. A lot of people live there, we don't want to make them suffer. Of course we should just cut the middle man out, and not use USD unless dealing with the US, but I dont think we should state our intentions as wanting to "destabilize". I don't think America will get into any big problems as a consequence of this, and all will be good for everyone.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   

The day Australia has a deal to install a military base in the United States, and not the other way around, you let me know and we'll talk about how much you "rule".
reply to post by 00nunya00

Oh how we remember well!!! Just like your kind wiped out Kennedy when he tried to reinstall a gold based banking system, your CIA assinated our Prime Minister Holt when he started looking into Pine Gap base too closely.
Do friends do these things to each other. Either you are blind to history or comfortable with the fact that Americas wealth is predicated in the looting of other nations and might is right.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

reply to post by cartenz

ok dipstick, try this. Pretend that your s doesn't work. I chose s because you can grab one from the abovetopsecret part in the address bar. so highlight the s, then grab the s using control c, then try and make a capital s using the shift and control v. duh ................. it didn't work did it.

sorry if I have to use first principles to work my computer. But thems the breaks. My a, my s and whatever was on the left hand side of the number one are missing. also, it looks like I was right re being aussie hey? since you didn't react to it. so you keep playing in the sandpit.

I'm not even part of this petty little argument, but I just wanted to let you know that no one cares about your retarded opinion.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

reply to post by cartenz

In that situation, described above, I might, just for fun:

Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Character Map... find my broken S there and proceed merrily to counter your ridiculous claims of a broken keyboard; Then I would paste quotes from earlier posts where these keys appear to be functioning...

But I won't.

sorry if I have to use first principles to work my computer. But thems the breaks. My a, my s and whatever was on the left hand side of the number one are missing.

The left of the numeral 1, on the top line of most US 101 keyboards, I believe called a "Schwa", I hope I will be corrected if in err.

also, it looks like I was right re being aussie hey? since you didn't react to it. so you keep playing in the sandpit.

No, I dont mind that you hold the opinion that I am not Australian, because I really am embarrassed by people like you, who assume anything that goes against their Anglo-centric delusion of what Australia actually is.

BTW: 7th Generation Australian.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
does anyone think that there may be chinese guys on ATS trying to stir up crap? you know, the old divide and conquer concept....and....wealthy australians, as well as wealthy americans, don't give a damn about what the common folk of either country cares about.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join