It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry Mates. Australia To Cut Out US Dollar.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by cartenz
reply to post by salainen

My issue is the accusations of being non-Australians; And being called a dipstick--I am happy to pull apart the falsehoods presented by someone so willing to blame their illiteracy on a faulty keyboard. I'm even more pleased to carry on the argument, when said person resorts to personal insults.

In IT we call them PICNIC errors. Problem In Chair, Not In Computer.

Don't worry, I'll get bored soon.

So basically you like feeding trolls. Don't worry, I do it all the time as well.

Originally posted by greatfriendbadfoe
reply to post by greatfriendbadfoe

ah, if you're talking about the bold text in the link in one of my posts, it came from another post in which the graph was relevant (sp?) and I didn't do the bold thing, it just happened (it was a copy and paste).

so wake up and see that I do have a broken keyboard.
every now and then you might see that instead of an s in a word there is a v and most of the time I catch them but now and then I miss. But from now on, every time I DO miss one, I will think of the egg on your face for your lack of initial insight way back when you first tried to show how awsome you were

Ah, now I'm interested, come on, upload a photo
Pics or it didn't happen.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by wemustbreakyou

Gosh.

I wish I knew whether this was anything to write home about. I probably isn't, but still....

This is almost as bad as if Poland were to refuse US dollars. Or Norway.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway

Originally posted by wemustbreakyou

All hail China! Our new superpower. All hail the BRIIICS. The power bloc in the world. All hail the BRICS Bank that will destroy America's Imperial IMF.

RIP America. I dont think you will be missed somehow. We will not forget though.

Hahah are you Chinese ? Good luck with your new leading super power ..

China is truly a benevolent ally - oh yea ......

BTW the Queen is still your head of state .. and the US still provides most of the defensive military capabilities that Australia has.

I am guessing you are very young too - maybe a teenager. It shows BTW.

After reading all of his posts from other threads, I would say he was a little older and has some education, MAYBE.....The information is interesting but the tone and style of the communication is very disturbing! All Hail China? Good Grief........He sounds like an imperialist nazi. Or rather someone who was previously banned.

link   

but I dont think we should state our intentions as wanting to "destabilize".

Please reread my response...US is doing the destabilizing with the US$ as the reserve currency. The Chinese have already "invaded" economically. We just want to cut out the middleman. It is really simple you have $2 for an icecream and you want to go to the corner store to buy an Aussie or Chinese icecream. Along your path comes a Bully who asks you to buy his insolvent $ and pay him a commision before you can spend your hard earned dollars on that icecream. On the way out you notice that the CHinaman shopkeeper has to then sell the insolvent $2 before he can take it home to give to his children or too wipe his "arsss" if he so chooses. See how this works, who invited the bully into the 2 party transaction? HE forced his way in...Mafia tactics

link   
I love the cockiness of the Australians as if the only reason they even exist isn't for the Queen of England. The Chinese would have long since taken you over if not for her royal highness. Australian, truly the land of denial.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theimp
I love the cockiness of the Australians as if the only reason they even exist isn't for the Queen of England. The Chinese would have long since taken you over if not for her royal highness. Australian, truly the land of denial.

A bit of a generalization there. Like saying that the Americans believe that they are the best country in the world, and don't really care about any other place in the world (not even knowing whether Paris was a country in Europe, or somewhere in Asia...)

Furthermore its like calling you an American, just because you generalised that Australians are in denial, and then extrapolating that you love America, and think that its the best country in the world.

Must say though, your username is the name of my favourite character. And hence I re-read your post in his voice, and it sounded quite good. Until the part where grammar goes out the window, that part sounded pretty crap. Looking forward to Episode 1.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by HairlessApe

Originally posted by jimmyx does anyone think that there may be chinese guys on ATS trying to stir up crap? you know, the old divide and conquer concept....and....wealthy australians, as well as wealthy americans, don't give a damn about what the common folk of either country cares about.

I'm sure some people think that, but they're wrong.

Interesting thought jimmyx,

Hairlessape....sounds like you can prove this or have proved it...care to enlighten us

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

It was more of a typo that I refused to edit, but regardless. It is true. If the Chinese knew there would be no backlash to their actions, Australia would be speaking Mandarin 60 years ago.

link   
reply to post by Starwise

Think you hit the nail on the head starwise.

He is very Lord Haw Haw, fifth column - he is a little traitor in the making, indeed.

link   

Originally posted by TheConstruKctionofLight
Please reread my response...US is doing the destabilizing with the US$ as the reserve currency. The Chinese have already "invaded" economically. We just want to cut out the middleman. It is really simple you have $2 for an icecream and you want to go to the corner store to buy an Aussie or Chinese icecream. Along your path comes a Bully who asks you to buy his insolvent $ and pay him a commision before you can spend your hard earned dollars on that icecream. On the way out you notice that the CHinaman shopkeeper has to then sell the insolvent $2 before he can take it home to give to his children or too wipe his "arsss" if he so chooses. See how this works, who invited the bully into the 2 party transaction? HE forced his way in...Mafia tactics

I don't need to re-read your post, I know what you mean. You should re-read my post. I understand that the middle man needs to be cut out. But I don't think that destabilization of USD is good.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

I didn't call anyone un australian, check what was typed

ah heck, here ya go

"mates?
c'mon now what fair dinkum aussie would use mates in that context? How embarrasing"

That's not saying he/she/it was un australian. as I said before, it just doesn't sound right. look at it, how often do you hear people saying "hi mates" it makes me shudder thinking of it being used like that. and again, as I said before, just like americans saying ossy instead of aussie .... you know, the sss sound compared to the zzz sound.. surely you have noticed that

Re the alp and lnp. Then I sure hope you're out there trying to stop that fool gain power. it doesn't matter who is in power just as long as it isn't abbott. The damage that will be done is scary

and re taking offense about dipstick cartenz, here is part of one of your posts before I called you a dipstick

"But I'm perfectly happy with going to play in the sandpit with my fellow learned colleagues if it means not having to read the poorly composed rantings of a redundant idiot."

so I guess it's ok for you to throw mud but when it rebounds, you cry. ok now I see, you must be a girl

but in fairness I may have caused you to prickle when I mentioned that your description of where you are located being upper echelon should be up somewhere else. but imo, you posts have proved my statement correct. and I still think that your original comments were insipid.

And who cares if I don't have a good grip on the english language. By who's standard? Are you the god of english? for gods sake, english is a bastardised language at best, way back from the amalgamation of stuff from the angles saxons and jutes to the addition of german,french and a gaggle of other bits and pieces, and you have the gall to take the hoigh ground on my command of english? I call that so far up youself that maybe you should change where you are from.

I notice that you don't have the courage to admit that the s thing didn't work. Why am I still on that? Bacause not everybody is an IT hero. But come out logging with me one day, well, maybe say a morning cause I'm sure you wouldn't last past lunch. horses for courses mr/mrs/ms perfect

so back to the topic at hand. What a dumb thing for the OP to say, as mentioned before, we have the largest muslim population on our northern doorstep and I don't care how many times people reassure me that their religion is peaceful, if enough decide to follow sharia, then we have a massive problem. And will anyone in asia be there to help us? Not on your nelly, but will the usa? I sure hope so. And what about the little fat man? he's rattling his sword a lot lately. so should we toss away our connection to the u s dollar? not in my opinion.
And before you jump down my throat for the capital A, I just found one on another site I am looking at. But once I close it, I will be back to little a's since I will be copying and pasting s's as well
edit on 31-3-2013 by greatfriendbadfoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Germanicus. How are you.

In any case, Briics nations.
Won't fix anything.

China is in no position to fix anything in Australia. They have their own problems.
They are facing their own property bubble. That's gonna pop soon.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Hmmm, this thread sounds "Canadian" in it's flavour.

Several points/rebuts. First, reserve or not, most of the world currencies have stayed in lock-step in relation to the U.S. dollar. As the U.S. has been printing the near useless stuff as fast as it can, then how is it that other countries' currencies are at about the same level in relation to the U.S. Dollar.

Apparently, one doesn't "need" a reserve to manipulate their currency. Japan"s new P.M. devalued their currency to increase exports, which it did, to keep his job

Here's a laugher for you, the the Euro is propped up by the U.S. Dollar... bizzare. We's all be in jail if we did businees the way the gov'ts do.

China and Australia? Well, other than Taiwan, a face saving issue, the pundits have long held the view that the most likely "Chinese" war would be an attempt to take Siberia. The reason being room and OIL. Something China's "wonderful" economy is woefully exposed to. It's actually built on a house of cards...ready to fall the moment oil supplies doesn't reach them....for whatever reason, complete collapse of the world economy, a blockade by some powerful naval force....cough, cough.

So where does China look to? Continued Iran supply?? Sure, LOL. Australia, with both land and oil has China looking looking toward you instead of the Russians as a potenial "expansion opportunity". (it's already happening, immigration-wise)

Obviously, your gov't types are concerned about that possiblity, especially with the downsizing of the U.S. military and it's ablity to defend our "friends".

Ultimately, the U.S., like Canada and Australia, have room, food and oil. China does not. I guess, collectively, Taiwan has a bigger pair than Australia. A sad day...

So stay on your knees and turn your head to the east...at least we were circumsized....
edit on 31-3-2013 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-3-2013 by nwtrucker because: spelling and grammar errors

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by wemustbreakyou

Originally posted by DarknStormy

F**k the Asian Century... How about we just stay out of everyones business and look after ourselves for a change? Piss in the USA's pocket and we are on our own, simple.

We actually could now that we found all those trillions of oil in South Australia.

Australia has everything. But we do rely on inflows of capital and that is where China comes in. Not to mention all the other benifits of being an Asian Nation in the Asian Century. We will boom and boom if we can ditch America.

Why cut ourselves off when we are the most well positioned OECD nation? We rule.

everything except australian's working in the best mining jobs, china owns them and soon you can learn mandarin and have all your female children exported as a resource. welcome to china!! oh wait it's already been happening behind the scenes for decades.

no country is autonomous in this wreck of a global banking rape job.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by salainen
I've been wondering with this Cyprus bank fiasco, could Australia get into a similar position? And what would it take to cause such a problem in countries outside Europe. I know the Australian dollar is very strong at the moment, but the Euro is still stronger, and Europe is in a bad state.

Using the GFC as a test case, Australia done fairly well with somewhat stronger banking regulation helping to limit the losses. There was still some fallout and pretty bad stories. In the current situation I consider it unlikely that Australia will have to implement a Cyprus banking policy. However, if a chain reaction is set in motion with the Euro and US taking a lot of damage then Australia will be a lot more exposed through our close relations and international ties.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

It's hard to know truth these days. If somehow American government is screwing Australia I appologize but other than vote there is not much I can do. I have served in military with many honorable Australians and consider you and your country my friend. I hope we are not hurting Australia but if we are I am sorry. America no longer serves it's people it serve its corporations and elite wealthy and not much more. The trend is only to see it get worse from what I can tell.

Good luckto us all in this insane world we live in.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I hope those who do live in the land of Oz start to worry about what China does, such as buying up arable land, not to feed Australians, but to feed China, and China buying up mining companies, so the profit goes to China, to leverage buying more Australian farm land.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

All hail China? lol Look how the Chinese treat their own people. How will they treat the world if they become number one?

If they had there way they would pollute it and enslave it and milk it all for as much as they can. They are much worse than the USA.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
Using the GFC as a test case, Australia done fairly well with somewhat stronger banking regulation helping to limit the losses. There was still some fallout and pretty bad stories. In the current situation I consider it unlikely that Australia will have to implement a Cyprus banking policy. However, if a chain reaction is set in motion with the Euro and US taking a lot of damage then Australia will be a lot more exposed through our close relations and international ties.

Yeah, Australia has done very well in my opinion. We've pretty much avoided the whole recession. Hope there is no more problems with Euro and USD...

I find it pretty amazing that this almost imagined "economy" can cause so much trouble. Its trade of goods, how can we get it so stuffed up.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

I didn't call anyone un australian, check what was typed

ah heck, here ya go

"mates?
c'mon now what fair dinkum aussie would use mates in that context? How embarrasing"

Lets quote the whole post, shall we?

mates?
c'mon now what fair dinkum aussie would use mates in that context? How embarrasing

I don't often agree with dark n stormy but in this case I must.

If we lose america as a close friend then we lose the security of their protection. And don'tgive me "we don't need it" or "we're strong enough on our own" bs, we have the largest gaggle of muzzies in the world close enough to bloody well swim over here and china with its new navy just a short cruise away. And now the little fat man with the funny uniform pretending to be all grown up and boss of the local sandbox.

Wake up!

But back to my first point, you're really not an aussie are you.

edit on 31-3-2013 by greatfriendbadfoe because: (no reason given)

Emphasis mine. What can I say.

as I said before, it just doesn't sound right. look at it, how often do you hear people saying "hi mates" it makes me shudder thinking of it being used like that. and again, as I said before, just like americans saying ossy instead of aussie .... you know, the sss sound compared to the zzz sound.. surely you have noticed that

If you ask me "hi mates" doesn't sound right either, "hey mates", "oi, mates", "come on mate", but not really "hi mates". Maybe "hi mate", eh, not really. I hardly care, but in my opinion you can use "mate" the same as "friend".

Re the alp and lnp. Then I sure hope you're out there trying to stop that fool gain power. it doesn't matter who is in power just as long as it isn't abbott. The damage that will be done is scary

Don't know much that I can do. People in QLD generally don't like the current premier, but they don't like the PM either, so they'll all end up voting LNP. Along with the rest of the states.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join