It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry Mates. Australia To Cut Out US Dollar.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by PLAYERONE01

No we were at home sacrificing so we could supply the machines of war that broke the back of the third riech. Then we sent our boys over into aircraft, they burned in those aircraft...horribly. It WAS NOT OUR FIGHT yet we fought didn't we.

The USA's manufacturing base and American blood was what won that war. How nice would Europe be if the USSR took all of Europe? Have some respect.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by salainen

Re:
"Don't know much that I can do. People in QLD generally don't like the current premier, but they don't like the PM either, so they'll all end up voting LNP. Along with the rest of the states."

so they're going to give tha lnp a free ticket into the lodge.
How pathetic.

re the rest of your post, I had a bunch of stuff typed out but signal here is bad and I lost it when trying to make it load. so in short, fair enough, if you want to think that then that's your choice. But looking at the second last line of the OP sure sounds more pommy than aussie.

anyway, it's 1.15 here and I've gotta drop 15 trees tomorrow as well as do the garden for my beautiful wife. so nite mate. good part about oz, we can agree, disagree or whatever but in the end, we're still all aussies. And I'd have your back any day.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
reply to post by PLAYERONE01

No we were at home sacrificing so we could supply the machines of war that broke the back of the third riech. Then we sent our boys over into aircraft, they burned in those aircraft...horribly. It WAS NOT OUR FIGHT yet we fought didn't we.

The USA's manufacturing base and American blood was what won that war. How nice would Europe be if the USSR took all of Europe? Have some respect.

Ummm ummm welll - not quite true at all.

But I have to agree that he should show some respect for the servicemen who lost their lives in a horrible conflict and their families.

America did not win the war - actually Britain and her allies did with the help of America who joined in 1942 after it had been in progress since 1938 and also it was in the interests of America to fight Hitler and Japan - hence why you were in the Pacific..

edit on 31-3-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by greatfriendbadfoe
Re:
"Don't know much that I can do. People in QLD generally don't like the current premier, but they don't like the PM either, so they'll all end up voting LNP. Along with the rest of the states."

so they're going to give tha lnp a free ticket into the lodge.
How pathetic.

Thats my view on voting here in Australia. Maybe if they made it voluntary some people who don't know who to vote for would keep out. But unless something major happens LNP will win.

Originally posted by greatfriendbadfoe
anyway, it's 1.15 here and I've gotta drop 15 trees tomorrow as well as do the garden for my beautiful wife. so nite mate. good part about oz, we can agree, disagree or whatever but in the end, we're still all aussies. And I'd have your back any day.

Yeah, 1:30am, pretty late for me as well. Personally haven't got any trees to chop (lucky too, as its raining at the moment). I don't think you do either (I mean 15 trees on Easter Monday, where do you work?), but doesn't matter. All is good

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by salainen

So you are made to vote in AUS? what If you do not?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Didn't this already take place? I mean how many years now are we going to hear this? I swear I have heard this for about the last three to four years now.

Regardless do what you have to do. Drop it already and move on. Gloating will certainly not win you many friends among the general populace of the citizens. Do your thing we will do ours. If you want help in the future though it might not be there, at least the support to help you. Breaking away on pleasant terms s always much better. If the majority have the attitude of the OP then they can run off and never look back and it will be happy days. I have no need for those who try not to show respect.

When it comes to what a country is doing I often look toward their government, not the people.

Anyway just drop it get it over with and stop procrastinating. leave us be and we will leave you be. Hopefully our government will pull out all military personnel when you all do drop the dollar. Bring them back, let them be with their families and keep them on home soil.

Raist

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Meh...take Keith Urban, Nicole Kidman and Outback Steakhouse back with ya, mate!

I'm sure some of this story contains merit.

As sure as I am of that, the US Intelligence community is several steps ahead of anything publicly or privately known considered a threat. As nasty as it may be, this is where Amerika thrives and becomes exceptionally capable of controlling many outcomes towards their favor. Careful what you wish for mate.

....You can have have Mel Gibson back too.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by CheckPointCharlie

Mel Gibson is American - his father took the family to live in Australia.
As is Nicole Kidman technically she was born in Hawaii ...
So is Boris Johnson for that matter - you can have him back for starters

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

If you are giving Nicole Kidman away you can send her over to my house, I will look after her for you If you really want her gone

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway

Mel Gibson is American - his father took the family to live in Australia.
As is Nicole Kidman technically she was born in Hawaii ...
So is Boris Johnson for that matter - you can have him back for starters

If it hops like a kangaroo, sounds like a kangaroo... It's a kangaroo!

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

haha Boris Johnson looks like a mop, sounds like a mop - talks like a lot of rubbish .. so I am guessing you dont want him either ..

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

Part of his act...very clever bloke Boris is, I do not like him to much but I can see why he acts like he does, he is the only politician in the UK with a personality and people like that.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

'people' liked Clegg who was the most popular politician in the country after the debates.
People generally are not too discriminating... which is why we have the politicians that we do

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by wemustbreakyou

All I can say is...."SUCKERS!!!!" seriously, do people honestly believe they're going to outsmart the US Economic Warfare machine? Any move other nations have made since 2008, and continue to make, has worked in the US' favor. Folks won't see it until we've "put the European Union and Asia in their place", but its happening, and wll continue to happen.
Good luck, Oz...you'll need it if your gov't is making such an unwise move.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Funny... Americans and Australians in full fledged open war in the forum , not something you see everyday

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
best news ive heard in a while.
the further from american petrodollar, the better

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
All posts from this guy is anti america, granted this thread maybe somewhat valid the thoughts and actions behind it are negative... will be watchin this figjam..
edit on 31-3-2013 by ContractedMercenary because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Yep quite a few of us Americans don't like QE anymore than Austrailia does.

None faults Aus for looking out for themselves.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
Hate Americans much? Business as usual you say? You could not wait to get your 20 posts in before you wrote your first thread. What is your agenda here I wonder

Dont act so childish.

He posts actual reports on economical matters. But apparently because the current trend is to move away or plan to move away from the USD BECAUSE OF ECONOMICAL REASONS , NOT HATE you are offended.

Why do you feel the need to label him as "a hater" so much ?
His "agenda" seems to to report this current event. Nothing he does here can affect them.Grow up.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
Australia is not and will never be part of Asia - period!

Australia is in a gifted position to be the world leader economically.

We have a massive mining sector thats booming, unfortunately we have a pitiful leadership that has no experience in taking advantage and managing this awesome opportunity.

Manufacturing and the industrial sector has suffered enomously due to the strong Australian dollar.

A couple things Australia needs to do....

The Australian mining sector is being driven by artificial demand coming out of China. In other words, we have a bubble on our hands in the world wide commodity sector. China is mostly to blame for this. This is primarily due to Chinas fixed investment scheme which is where it derives much of its economic growth from (60% of Chinas GDP is tied to fixed investments. Can you say bubble?).

This century is unlikely to be an Asian century in the same context that last century was an American century. Again, 60% of Chinas GDP in the past 30 years has come from fixed investing. This is exactly what Japan did until that bubble popped in the late 80's to early 90's. The same will, and is, happening to China now. This is because of overcapacity from artificial demand. Look at the Chinese ghost city of Ordos. This is a perfect example of the type of overcapacity that I am referring to in China. And that is just one example on a tiny macro scale in China. Much of China is ripe with this type of malinvestment, which it counts towards GDP growth. In the west, we would not do the same until there was demand for it thus generating real economic activity. The return on investment in China is thus very poor, and only getting worse. It is said that it takes anywhere from $6-$7 of debt in China to generate $1 of GDP. This is practically unheard of, and not indicative of an economic leviathan.

China also constantly overstates economic growth and understates inflation. If the US 'massages' economic data, China tortures it! If we look at annual electrical growth, (which generally grows at a faster rate than GDP itself) we see that China has practically flat-lined in overall electrical growth for the past few years now. Its likely that Chinas real growth last year came in at barely above 3%. If you count real inflation being around 6-7%, China was actually in recession. Another problem with fixed investment and overcapacity is the debt generated from it. Chinas actual debt is not the IMF reported 17%, but closer to 80-150% of GDP once you factor in how China hides its debt. Look up Jim Chanos, Nouriel Roubini, and Gordon Chang for more info about all this. They have some great insight on the giant Chinese bubble that has literally set China on an economic treadmill to hell.

A relevant video to my post.

Anyways, back to your post; Australia is less than 1% of world GDP. New York, California, Florida, Texas, Ohio, each individually have a higher GDP than the whole of Australia does. And there are several states that are roughly equal to Australia in total GDP. Australia also only has 23 million people. In other words, they aren't exactly geared to be a world leader economically. I understand being patriotic and proud of your country, you certainly should be. But lets not embellish facts with our own envious wishes.
edit on 31-3-2013 by rock427 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-3-2013 by rock427 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join