It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Weeks to Renew an Existing Driver's License, Coming to Your State Soon!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I'm in Colorado and just renewed mine last month via the state's DMV site. It was no problem at all and they sent my new one within a week. I was an incredibly easy experience. Sorry you had such a difficult time OP.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackSnake

You are confirming what I stated above here. This isn't just national, its International. Look through this list of countries and see how many require mandatory biometric identification or an E-passport now:
Wiki: Identity Document

The UN ICAO sets these biometric standards for the E-passport, and thereby they are now uniform for all identity documents:

E-Passport
The currently standardized biometrics used for this type of identification system are facial recognition, fingerprint recognition, and iris recognition. These were adopted after assessment of several different kinds of biometrics including retinal scan. The ICAO defines the biometric file formats and communication protocols to be used in passports.

International Civil Aviation Organization
ICAO standardizes machine-readable passports worldwide.[7] Such passports have an area where some of the information otherwise written in textual form is written as strings of alphanumeric characters, printed in a manner suitable for optical character recognition. This enables border controllers and other law enforcement agents to process such passports quickly, without having to input the information manually into a computer. ICAO publishes Doc 9303 � Machine Readable Travel Documents, the technical standard for machine-readable passports.[8] A more recent standard is for biometric passports. These contain biometrics to authenticate the identity of travellers. The passport's critical information is stored on a tiny RFID computer chip, much like information stored on smartcards. Like some smartcards, the passport book design calls for an embedded contactless chip that is able to hold digital signature data to ensure the integrity of the passport and the biometric data.

The Real ID follows these same standards and is thus usable even by foreign countries. This is an international tracking ID system...

REAL ID: CONNECTING THE DOTS TO AN INTERNATIONAL ID
What does REAL ID do? REAL ID attempts to mandate a standardized process and format for all state drivers' licenses to achieve increased security. Most importantly in this standardized process, REAL ID mandates a certain picture quality. A footnote issued by the Department of Homeland Security establishes this quality as compliant with the ICAO Document 9303 biometric format. The global body setting this format, the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), is a specialized agency created under the United Nations. Biometric data can be produced from a simple digital photograph of this quality by running the picture of a person's face through a software program which measures and analyzes the unique, personally identifiable characteristics of that face. The process results in a unique numeric code which identifies a person according to facial measurements. You read that correctly. A unique number or "code" is developed from an algorithmic formula which converts a digital biometric sample to biometric "face print" data. Under REAL ID biometric facial recognition technology, you become a number literally worn on your face - a number which is read by computer, tracked by surveillance camera, and distributed worldwide. Clearly, this international standard provides global compatibility of American citizens' biometric data collected through REAL ID.

-Representative Sam E. Rohrer

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by taccj9903
I'm in Colorado and just renewed mine last month via the state's DMV site. It was no problem at all and they sent my new one within a week. I was an incredibly easy experience. Sorry you had such a difficult time OP.

I'm happy for you, that you had a pleasant and easy experience. Now you have a few years of relief, before you need to renew again. Keep in the back of your mind, to check the requirements before your next renewal...so you don't get blind sided like I did.

I think you are one of the not so many, who will be having this nice a go at it...for now.

Des

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Everyone has definitely received the mark as many places will refuse to give you services until you give them your SS#. The gov likes to keep tabs on it's slave minions.
edit on 30-3-2013 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
"had to bring in my ORIGINAL, NOT A COPY, Birth Certificate"
Obama will be in trouble , to show that
))

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I live in Georgia, this law became effective on July 1st 2012. I renewed my drivers licenses after that and it wasn't as bad as expierence as you had.

The law only affects people renewing or applying for the first time. Georgia offers drivers licenses for long periods of time. How long was yours issued before it expired? Any government office now a days must have orginal or certified copies especially for name changes from birth certificate due to marriage. Maybe you are not use to the documents that are required now a days with all of the fraud.

I would rather jump though a few hoops and not have someone applying for a drivers license in my name. Also I lived in California and it was really no difference renewing except you get the driver license right away in Georgia.

Here is the check list for the real ID requirements:
Real if check list Georgia

I do not think this is asking too much.
edit on 3/30/2013 by Djayed because: Added link

edit on 3/30/2013 by Djayed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
I just wanted to let you know I renewed my Ga.State Drivers License today. It only took me 6 weeks, even though I've had a Ga. Drivers License for over 16 years.

Thanks to a new Federal program called, the Real ID Act. You too will have to jump through barbed wire hoops to renew your *existing* drivers license. As of right now, only 13 States have implemented the Real ID Act, my State being one of them.

Here is a bit of info, I hope will give you a heads up. My State sent nothing out in the mail informing us of the new law, nor even had it on their website until enough of us complained to get it posted on the DMV sites.

yeah we all got horror stories about the bureaucracy and the overpaid ignoramiouses that LOVE to play the power-of=god routine on the commoners that need to kiss their ring to anything one

i was just getting a State ID , not even a License.... i'm a few years older than you so a 1948 birth certificate is a difficult dicument to have on hand

but i did have some 36 pages of documents from the Justice Department about myself as a adopted refugee who was born in a SP Camp in West Germany and was Naturalized as a US Citizen 7 years later

the damm clerk at the SC DMV told me that the Justice Department copy of my German certificate of live birth
was not 'LEGAL ENOUGH' i needed the 'original'....
After some hesitation i brought in the 65 year old document and made the friggin clerk wear gloves to inspect the document... a photo copy duplicate that the US Justice department sent me (FOIA request prior to DHS) was a certified & legal replica of the document i was made to present to a crappy DMV in SC

i am still in earnest in suing the SC DMV for them thinking their crappy myrtle beach office can dismiss the USA Department of Justice documents as being unreliable documents to their satisfaction....

this backlash from the high & mighty DMV employees that got their jobs because of reverse discrimination and blowback from the stupid Affirmative Action agenda from the progressives like lefties like the Obama crowd is killing the American Dream and swirling the whole society down the sewer

edit on 30-3-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Mar 30 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Djayed

I've lived in Ga for going on 17 years. Have held a DL here from the first week I moved here...from Ca.

Try being 62 years old. That's a lot of years to have to provide *certified* documents on.

If you are a lot younger...probably a lot less hassle. Either way, it's way too intrusive to require that much documentation to just *RENEW* an existing long term DL in my State.

What they are in essence doing, is making you start basically from scratch in proving who you are. Not good....

We are being required...no , FORCED. To give them a complete legal document trail of our whole lives, they can use for ANY purpose they chose. We are handing them the key to our jail cell. We are trusting them not to lock the door.

All they have to do is access my IRS Tax Records to see I've been here, in my own birth Country, paying taxes since I was old enough to work. I got my SS card/number when I was 12 years old. My Mother had to take me in to get it.

Des

edit on 30-3-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

President Johnson in his farewell address to the nation tried to warn the people that If left unchecked the military industrial complex would become the most powerful entity in the world.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOtter

agreed. it disgusts me personally

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Thanks for this worthless piece of information. I'm getting prepared now. Holy $hit

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
To those of you who don't think this will, or has not already has been tied into the national gun registry data base, well, think again.

Do you own a gun. That was about the only question I wasn't asked yesterday...

But, they really don't have to ask that question. All they have to do is use a cross reference program to access that data.

I can see a day where gun owners are told to turn in their guns, or have all their assets immediately frozen. It's not like they won't have access to every bit of data on us. Right down to our bank accounts, and residences.

Have you ever been late on paying your taxes...here it comes. Sorry can't renew that DL, until you square up with the IRS. It's all heading in a dire direction my Friends.

Des

edit on 31-3-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   

I had not really thought about this from that angle...but yeah...it certainly gives them access to that information and much more....I don't know the "balance" anymore of how to go with the flow enough to stay under the radar...lol...if that makes any sence...

Happy Easter, or Happy whatever this day is to you and yours everyone,...a day off at least hopefully, and a yummy meal with Loved ones......maybe a chocolate bunny...lol...sorry Beez...

I need a day off from the "battle"........Mon. will be here soon enough.........

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
The birth certificate thing is a major cash grab. I had to do that recently and it cost $60. One sheet of paper with a crappy printout on it. They don't even include the time of birth just the date. This is information they could easily confirm or share with the other department without having to charge you $60 to have a sheet of paper mailed to you.

Read ID is the national ID nobody should have to have anyway. Tyranny marches on.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by 0001391

No amount of money or license is worth what they have in store,they now have that personal digital info that cost you $60 dollars.

I won`t be having it if they pay me truck loads.

How do you get out of the system in the future if you want to?

People in droves should be screaming the government down over this,but then there`s always those who end up conforming and say "well if you`ve got nothing to hide, why worry?" why pay to live in a jail by your own choice?

The authories don`t like having a camera pointing at them.(there are hoards of vid evidence of this)

Police Don't Want To Be Caught Breaking The Law So Now They Outlaw Vid Cameras

My favourite vid of a guys response to a cops order.
hope it didn`t land him in jail.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   

I'd like to say this has been in action for the last 6 to 12 months within Australia, so please don't think you guys in USA are on your own, i too feel a little disturbed about this.

This is how they are going to apply the rule i guess, if you don't want it you cant have a driver license so hence it sorts out there transport issue.

I mean if your driving on one of there boxed in 24/7 video monitored transport highways then you must have a RFID chip in your license or passport .... *sigh* whatever .......

just a last note,

The more they push, the more i find myself digging my heals in.

I am well trained by those who seek the end result. i am ready, and above all, i am prepared to commit and give up all this western culture has to offer and live a new paradigm right now in this moment if need be, even if you do not understand this decision, i will be a free and independent human being during this moment we call life.

i understand now the difference in race and species. and i can also understand "Their" lack of fear in death.

PS: I hope you have all had a very happy and peaceful religious Easter break.......

Muzz

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by vServo

Welcome to ATS ...you have much learn, Grasshopper...

Des

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
OMG...sorry if this is off topic but after a beautiful warm day here, right now we are having thunder storms that are shaking the house, my animal babies are scared, and so am I a little....oh man...there was just a lighting flash....OMG....this is really freaky...yikes......Happy Easter.....

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Most country's do not renew driving licenses as often. In the UK its every ten year i think.

When i was in America and used my Driving license for ID the man asked me for the expiry date - some thing ive never been asked for in my life - i didnt know and had to examine my license to find it. I asked why they do that and he said "they just have to be valid for a transaction where ID is required".

Which i found profoundly strange since my date of birth is going to be the same forever!

Anyways back on topic, here in the UK it takes 2-6 weeks anyway and pretty much always has.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join