It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Weeks to Renew an Existing Driver's License, Coming to Your State Soon!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by Destinyone

Oh F that! Is this law active in New York? I hope not cuz I would never be able to renew my license cuz I lost my original BC over a decade ago flying to the Bahamas, back when all you needed was a BC to travel if you didn't have a passport. So all I have are copies & to boot I haven't had my SS card since I lost it when I was 15 at a concert, although getting a new isn't hard, but either way F the federal govt and their unjust laws & any state that abides to them!

You can get a certified copy of your birth certificate from the government at any time......

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Meldionne1
Sorry you had to go through that des....and to anyone else too...I understand making sure you show proof of who you are...BUT ...sounds like the new rules are way over board!!, and if I read correctly, your license was not expired yet! Can you renew on line and bypass all the bull?

Nope you can't renew online, unless you already have the REAL ID ACT DL.

When I get my new DL in the mail, it will be the new one with the Real ID Act computer logo on it, scanable, I think.

You can only renew online if you have a DL with that gold thingie on it.

Des

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
I'm in a real ID state, just got my licensed renewed a few months ago, nothing was different.

Fear mongering thread.

Not at all, you obviously already complied with them, and they had your documents.
I have been getting licenses automatically renewed for years... That is until the last time when they refused to grant them unless I showed up with all my documents to be scanned in. My mother had an even more difficult time as she had to prove her name change by getting her original marriage documentation issued back in the 60's.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

Actually they have been trying to foist this crap on us since back in the Reagan Administration.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
How will Obama renew his licence when he can't find his original birth certificate ?

2nd

The new birth certificates now have paper that feels kind of like money, it's got red, white, blue hairs all over it and the paper feels like raised ink from an engraving. What gets me is how come Obama can't show one of these? Well because his is a forgery that's why. His original isn't sitting in a real state filing cabinet so they made one up in photo shop and passed it off as real.

Seriously you can download the Obama's certificate from the governments website and break it apart with photo shop into multiple layers. I have shown people I know personally that have a degree in computer graphics designing. They say it is a forgery, because a original being scanned from a color scanner would only be one layer, not broken up into multiple layers like it all been fabricated and stitched together. It's like pasting a real picture of a bird on a real picture of a sky background and saying the whole picture is real. Same thing as pasting a head of a woman onto a mans body. Oh they are both pictures so the whole picture must be real.

edit on 30-3-2013 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I'm wondering how they are going to get around the fact that drivers in AZ don't need to renew their DL for 20, 30, or 40 years?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

What they have done now is compile all that information into one location and connect it with any biometric information they can/have collect(ed) on you.

You think the DHS or other shadow agency doesn't have some sort of master database of information already?

Now they also require all your medical records online

No they don't.

and most of your financial records are also traceable through online sources

If you choose to sign up and pay your bills online........

Before, this all your documents where stored in different places, some of which were local, or even in your personal possession.

Even if everything were on the internet, they're still all in diff places. The internet isn't one place.

Obviously if they had all these documents, they wouldn't need to you to provide them when you showed up to get your license now would they?

Uh...they're asking you for information in order for you to prove who you are to them. Unless they have your fingerprints or some other biological identifier, then you're gonna have to do that. They aren't doing it to collect the data they ALREADY have on you.

Eyeball scan or give them your birth certificate, choose one.

What this ultimately becomes is the wet dream of any police state throughout history. The ability to completely control, track, and monitor the entire world population via linked computer databases, and biometric input devices (eg. Facial Recognition Cameras)...

Yeah, nothing new.
edit on 30-3-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

Oh I have those but she clearly said in the OP you need the original.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Not at all, you obviously already complied with them, and they had your documents.

You mean the documents the gov gave me to begin with? My SSN and birth certificate......which you have to have to get a drivers license in any state.
There's no other way to prove you are that person signing up for an ID without those documents.

That is until the last time when they refused to grant them unless I showed up with all my documents to be scanned in.

So let's see here, you're upset the gov is scanning your birth certificate that the government gave you in the first place.......hm.. Creepy gov trying to scan their own government documents.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Oh I have those but she clearly said in the OP you need the original.

You need an original or a certified copy from the government. People try to come in there with xeroxed copies, hence "not a copy" mantra.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
reply to post by eriktheawful

Whether you realize it or not, South Carolina IS complying with the Real ID Act:
Closing the Gap on REAL ID: 48 of 56 Jurisdictions Have Digitized Vital Records
Real ID Implementation Report

Everything you need to know about the Real ID:

Committed to meeting 15 of 18 benchmarks:
Arizona, California, Georgia, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, U.S. Virgin Islands (12)

As I pretty clearly stated above, with some research of your own, you will find that ONLY Louisiana is not complying at all. Their non-compliance is for financial reasons. None of the states that passed Anti-Real ID legislation are actually following their own laws, and are quietly finding ways to surpass them.

Doesn't change the fact that if you already have an existing, valid SC drivers license here, it takes less than an hour to have a new one issued. Period.

My step mother walked in and out of the DMV here in 30 minutes, and most of that was simply waiting until she was called to the counter. All she had to provide was the original license and a form she filled in in about 2 minutes. Oh, and the fee for the license.

No SSN card. No BC. No pieces of mail from a power company, etc. None of that.

NEW drivers license here in SC require a BC or passport, SSN and proof of residency. That's pretty much it. The problem most people have here is the Proof of Residency, and normally only some sort of utility bill is accepted and not everyone may have that.

Still, even new drivers only have a long wait because of having to wait to take their turn to do the actual driving test.

Of course, we are in a city of only about 29,000 here. But we do have two DMVs. Back prior to 2001 it used to take long hours of standing in line.
edit on 30-3-2013 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I get lumped in here because I said "Obummer"? Of course it's not HIS fault, its EVERYONE'S fault, and the sooner we can accept what we have allowed to occur as our own responsibility, we can begin to fix it. I don't play the democrat vs republican / liberal vs conservative game anymore. Same coin, different sides, only there as a distraction IMO.

Now what I CAN blame on Oblahma is his pride and joy Oblahmacare. It has his name written all over it
But this is a different thread entirely

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by kaylaluv

All States are supposed to be in compliance be the end of this year. Those not in compliance are now breaking the law. If you can get it done now...RUN AND DO IT!!!!!!

I added to my OP, I only saw 3 out of about 50 applicants today meet the requirements.

Des

Republican (small government remember) lawmaking hypocriscy at it's finest. It's for security remember - and nothing is too big, unworkable, profitable to big business, intrusive and conter-productive for security.

Bah

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
OP you let your drivers license expire or never had one in the first place, didn't you? Because that would be the only reason why they would ask you for all that info again.

What to OP is describing is the NORMAL documents you must provide in order to get a drivers license in any state.

But since the OP attached the "real id" act part in the thread everyone freaks out.

edit on 30-3-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by TheOtter

I felt like I was in Nazi Germany...I saw grown people crying. Saying they haven't a clue where some of those documents are, or how to obtain them.

One Woman was there with her adopted teen son, from a previous marriage, trying to get her son a learners permit to drive. No go. She was told she had to locate the missing Father for his documents, as she was not the birth Mother. And the son did not have her last name.

She said he split years ago, was sent to prison at some point, and she had legal custody of the son. She even provided all the court and DFACS documents proving this. She even had brought in her last 4 years tax returns to show she had the son as a dependent....no go.

She was told to contact the prison the father was released from to try and locate him, All because the son did not have her last name. She was legally divorced from the father, and had those documents too.

What a mess!!!!!!!

Des

edit on 29-3-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

This does sound like the Nazis - and the Republicans are behind it - google the original bills.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle

Originally posted by FyreByrd

Originally posted by neoholographic
This is the cancer that is big government. This is why when I see people yelling for more government in our lives, it's like sheep being led to slaughter.

This is a Republican Idea and George II signed it into law. So much for republicans being for small, efficient government.

If anyone still believes that republicans are small government then they need to start paying attention.

It doesn't matter which party supports/endorses/proposes/enacts which legislation. They're both driving down the same road. They're just fighting over who's going to own the car once we get there.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Yes, they likely do, and it appears you have no problem with that.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Good thing I renewed mine 3 months ago, got until 2016..
But it looks like, come 2016, I'll be riding a bike, I have no time and patience for the DMV as it is...
Ahhhh....America!

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
that's incredible - you actually had a real birth certificate - imagine.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I just wanted to let you know I renewed my Ga.State Drivers License today. It only took me 6 weeks, even though I've had a Ga. Drivers License for over 16 years. Thanks to a new Federal program called, the Real ID Act. You too will have to jump through barbed wire hoops to renew your *existing* drivers license.

She clearly states that she had an existing DL from her state.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join