It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Weeks to Renew an Existing Driver's License, Coming to Your State Soon!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

says the Obama administration and their supporters.

Funny how those who support bigger government have no problems with this, or the increasing meddling of government into an individuals life.
edit on 30-3-2013 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

The REAL ID Act is a federal law that was introduced by Rep. James Sensenbrenner (R-WI) who claimed it was an essential terror-fighting tool. It never had a Senate hearing. Instead, it was whisked through Congress in May 2005 on the coattails of "must pass" emergency supplemental legislation providing funds for the war in Iraq and tsunami relief. If implemented, it will lay the groundwork for a de facto national ID card which could, step by step, turn us into a "show me your papers" society.

Source: Massachusetts BAR association

This utterly crap law is not even legal. States that adopt it are ultimately violating your rights.
Move to Massachusetts or New Hampshire. You can guarantee that this garbage will never be implemented here.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

Originally posted by Flatfish

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by Destinyone

This is a spin-off of homeland security.....I don't want to be THAT secure.

Of course! None of this is for our security, it is to tie us up in continual knots and invade our privacy, and for data mining. If they wanted to stop illegals coming over the porous border they would do it. As always, the citizens have to suffer.

Actually, it's a spin off of the anti-immigrant sentiment of the GOP. It's a GOP sponsored law that was pushed off on Homeland Security as they were tasked with enforcement.

and your good ole Democrat Party will go along with it........

What part of; "the democrats are the only ones asking for anyone to repeal this law" do you not understand?

The only republicans who are opposed to it are those rep. governors who are now having to implement it. It reminds me of Irkel when he would say; "did I do that?"

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
This Video I ran across a couple days ago seems to fit right in with what is going on right now:

edit on 30-3-2013 by hoochymama because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
It's real funny how the majority here complain about tougher requirements to get DLs, mostly because these are the same people who complain about NOT having voter ID laws in place to keep the "undesirable illegals" from voting. I would think you would all be thrilled by this, since it will be that much harder to get a fake. But I hey, I understand, conservatives are only conservative until it's a pain in the @$$ for them.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I really hope you mean "original copies" needed (like what you would get from the county clerk's office of a birth certificate.) I have a Certificate of Live Birth (or whatever they call it) from the county clerk that I had to get for my passport and marriage license, but if I (or my parents) ever had the "actual original", its long gone. If they just want a true certified copy, that's fine with me, though i'd rather not go through the whole pain in the arse of it.

I don't know if they think it will stop real terrorists, thieves and fraudsters, because a true pro wouldn't be stopped by such measures, or what the purpose of it is, but it seems to me they should be doing most of the legwork on the gov't side - after all, they are the holders of most of those docs.

Something tells me I better get my papers organized or i'll be forced to live "off the grid" soon.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taissa

Originally posted by imawlinn
Yet they want to give some undocumented illegals drivers licenses? This madness has to stop! Is this what Ohio's governor Kasich is trying to implement?

And I'm pretty sure they won't meet the requirements we will be forced to meet. There's no way they can possibly do it.

That's one of the good things about the real id act. Plus, if they go to 8 year licenses, we may not even have to go to the DMV to renew. They have the info stored now, so all they'd need is facial recognition. They could do that at a kiosk. Or online maybe.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkKnight76
It's real funny how the majority here complain about tougher requirements to get DLs, mostly because these are the same people who complain about NOT having voter ID laws in place to keep the "undesirable illegals" from voting. I would think you would all be thrilled by this, since it will be that much harder to get a fake. But I hey, I understand, conservatives are only conservative until it's a pain in the @$$ for them.

If you already have a Drivers License, they should find a way to make this much

easier for the American people.

If you have a Drivers License and a Passport, then you should be able to get a

REAL ID the same day.

Throw out the current procedure and just start all over.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

oh right dear leader just did it cause bush made him.

link   

link   
What about telling these 'servants' that you have the RIGHT TO TRAVEL & to shove it?

Any of you ever stop to think that they implement this crap because you go along with it?

For many years professionals within the criminal justice system have acted upon the belief that traveling by motor vehicle upon the roadway was a privilege that was gained by a citizen only after approval by their respective state governments in the form of a permit or drivers license.

Legislators, police officers, and court officials are being made aware that there are court decisions disproving the opinion that traveling is a privilege that requires government approval.

"Even the legislature has no power to deny to a citizen the right to travel upon the highway and transport his property in the ordinary course of his business or pleasure, though this right may be regulated in accordance with the public interest and convenience." Chicago Motor Coach v. Chicago, 169 NE 22.

("Regulated" here means traffic safety enforcement: stop lights, signs, etc.)

"The right of the citizen to travel upon the public highways and to transport his property thereon, either by carriage or by automobile, is not a mere privilege which a city may prohibit at will, but a common right which he has under the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." Thompson v. Smith, 154 SE 179.

Easy read here / source

& Yes, been doing it for over 14 years with absolutely no problem.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
This is 100% all about information gathering by TPTB.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

REAL ID the same day.

So illegal aliens don't currently have drivers license?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

How do you figure that? Your HURR DURR 2nd amendment supporters are crazy rhetoric is the response statement was what I replied to. Every thread that I come across here on ATS that deals with liberties and freedoms being tread upon by the current administration there is always some Obama / Democrat supporter saying nothing wrong with it or blames it on the GOP.

I will give you that the GOP are as guilty as the Democrats on trampling on peoples rights, but doesn't excuse the hypocrisy of the left to ignore it (or agree with it) just because your "leader" is in power.

and if none of this fits, then you are a globalist

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

That video is excellent. Thank you for sharing that.

link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

REAL ID the same day.

So illegal aliens don't currently have drivers license?

I heard that the real illegal aliens just "buy" fake IDs in Los Angeles.

They don't waste their time at the DMV.

If they live in a sanctuary city then the police just pretend not to see them so

who is kidding who???

It just makes sense to throw out this current system in Georgia and just start

all over.

You have a Drivers License AND a passport? Here is your REAL ID.

Have a nice day.

link   

Originally posted by fishy6
This is 100% all about information gathering by TPTB.

Essentially this, I tend to get knocked off track by catch phrases.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Great thread Destiny! Timely and very important. I admit I haven't read every post across each page as I'm coming to this late. However, I thought you might take particular interest in this. It's from another ATS member who has put serious real world effort into following and being a part of the fight against this in our state here.

The whole point is though, it shouldn't BE a fight. Our state already dealt with this and told them to keep it and stick it. Well.. DHS doesn't care what state Government says. It's their country. We just live here.

MO Illegally Took DHS Grant $ and is working to become REAL lD ACT Compliant

Even when Real ID is specifically and directly OUTLAWED ...DHS just takes a different approach. This is how I describe tyranny in a democracy.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join