It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Weeks to Renew an Existing Driver's License, Coming to Your State Soon!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Great thread Destiny! Timely and very important. I admit I haven't read every post across each page as I'm coming to this late. However, I thought you might take particular interest in this. It's from another ATS member who has put serious real world effort into following and being a part of the fight against this in our state here.

The whole point is though, it shouldn't BE a fight. Our state already dealt with this and told them to keep it and stick it. Well.. DHS doesn't care what state Government says. It's their country. We just live here.

MO Illegally Took DHS Grant $ and is working to become REAL lD ACT Compliant

Even when Real ID is specifically and directly OUTLAWED ...DHS just takes a different approach. This is how I describe tyranny in a democracy.

Loved your post until

This is how I describe tyranny in a democracy.

This is a REPUBLIC my friend.

We can only stop this crap when you get what TV / schools tell you out of your minds and get back to what we really are... A REPUBLIC!

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Whats really bad about this is that its actually an international biometric tracking ID system that is being implemented everywhere. It uses the UN International Civil Aviation Organization biometric format high resolution facial recognition compliant photograph that is used in other countries national ID's as well as E-passports. This is then complied into databases that are used for tracking you via cameras that are being set up everywhere from stores to street intersections. I can drive down the main street in my town and besides the "Intersection" and “red light” cameras, they now have placed FR Tracking Cameras. These are designed to get your FR information right through the windshield of your car.

As a side note, a LOT more then 13 states have enacted this. ATM, only Louisiana is not compliant with the most important benchmarks of the Real ID. Other states, including ones passing laws to outlaw the Real ID, have still complied with the Benchmarks either through “Enhanced Licenses” or through quietly implementing it by changing local DMV procedures on their own. So, for example, a state may pass a law to refuse to comply, but its local DMV goes ahead and “upgrades” their equipment and security/screening procedures to be compliant anyway. “Enhanced Drivers Licenses” are simply the Real ID given a different name.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 3/30/2013 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I was very happy when my state, South Carolina told the feds to kiss their butts with this Real ID.

As it stands now, if you have an existing drivers license here, as long as you don't have any issues (IE suspended, etc), you're in and out of the DMV here in about 40 minutes or less (last time, it took me 25 minutes, and it doesn't expire until 2017.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Marvin Gaye summed it up pretty good..."Makes me wanna Holler"......I don't know that I can stomach another second of this crap anymore....

www.youtube.com...

Try and register your car in CA, USA...and you will be pulling you hair out by the time you jump through all the ridiculous hoops required....and since when did private insurance companies "report" thier customers to a State agency if your insurance lapses? Have a traffic ticket in another state, well you won't get a lisence in CA until it's payed...it's all a big "dragnet" and they're getting our money one way or the other....or your going to jail...

Sure, it's easy to say don't comply, but if you need to drive, you might as well put a bullseye" on your forehead if you don't have valid tags and a lisence and you drive. Now we could debate what regulations are "reasonable" or not...but anyone paying attention can see this crap is coming at us FAST now.....and without majority consent.

You know yesterday my 75 yr old Father was taken to the emergency room , and they actually searched my sister and I to enter the hospital.....waved a metal detector over our bodies....WTF? They just started this since we were last there in Feb. and what could we do, not go see our Father? God Bless Us All.....

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

The night my uncle died we encountered the same. He got taken to a notorious hospital in Atlanta called "Grady Memorial" ( my mother was actually born there ) and one of my cousins got arrested trying to get into the ER because he had a knife on him that he'd forgotten about.

I come from an Irish family and have dozens and dozens of male cousins and second cousins ( my mother is the youngest of 12 ). Many of us were there and we nearly rioted over that BS. I mean, for Gods' sake... the kid that they arrested was a pain in the butt - to be sure... but his grandfather was in that ER dying. I think that should be one of those compassion / understanding moments. Ya know?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
"You can locate all of these documents again in 15 years, or you just just implant this chip with all of your documents saved onto it, no need to ever have to dig through paper work or wait in line again, just come in, get scanned, and save hours of time, it's that easy!" future DMV/DHS

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Whether you realize it or not, South Carolina IS complying with the Real ID Act:
Closing the Gap on REAL ID: 48 of 56 Jurisdictions Have Digitized Vital Records
Real ID Implementation Report

Everything you need to know about the Real ID:

Committed to meeting 15 of 18 benchmarks:
Arizona, California, Georgia, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, U.S. Virgin Islands (12)

As I pretty clearly stated above, with some research of your own, you will find that ONLY Louisiana is not complying at all. Their non-compliance is for financial reasons. None of the states that passed Anti-Real ID legislation are actually following their own laws, and are quietly finding ways to surpass them.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Do you have a source for AZ complying with the real ID act? I've search and have come up with nothing. 2008 the State House and Senate passed and signed into law by then Gov. Napolitano making it illegal for AZ to comply with the real ID act. So if AZ has done a 180 on this I'd like to know.

Also of interest in AZ regardless of what age someone is when they are issued a AZ Drivers License, it does not need to be renewed until that person's 65 birthday.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Not in Missouri, we voted to nullify real ID, although our privatized license bureaus have been illegally collecting info for the feds.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 30-3-2013 by joesomebody because: (no reason given)

You should note, though, that you can microwave an RFID for a short period of time and fry it.
edit on 30-3-2013 by joesomebody because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thank goodness I just got my license renewed a few months ago and was able to do it online with no difficulty (Texas). If they end up implementing it here I will end up driving around illegally because I couldn't even start to tell you where half of those documents are, or if they even still exist!

I hope those DMV workers realize how lucky they are that you are a kind and patient woman Des! I can see where so much hassle might cause an average person to snap and go ballistic!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
This is the cancer that is big government. This is why when I see people yelling for more government in our lives, it's like sheep being led to slaughter.

The fact is as the world becomes more global and interconnected, we need big government less and less. Government knows this and government is a beast or a behemoth that has a mind of it's own. Government will become paranoid as they will convince you that you need them for everything in your life.

They will eventually try to monitor and control every aspect of your life.

I just wish people would realize that our new borns and 3 and 4 year old children and grandchildren will not need Government in the same way as an 80 year old Grandmother or Grandfather. So government in our lives should actually decrease and we should be moving towards a more open source, self-governing structure instead of feeding this beast that will just use advances in technology to totally control you and our children and grandchildren.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

Arizona has enacted its own “Enhanced Drivers license” which meets 15-17 of the benchmarks required by DHS to be Real ID Compliant. As I stated above, “Enhanced Licenses” are just another name for the “Real ID” that is being used to get around state laws forbidding the implementation of the Real ID Act.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by joesomebody

They got caught bypassing the law, just as Oklahoma did, which is what we were discussing in that thread.

ATM they are also complying with 15 of 18 benchmarks:

Committed to meeting 15 of 18 benchmarks
Ariz., Calif., Ga., Minn, Mo., Nev., N.H., N.C., N.D., Pa., S.C., U.S. Virgin Islands (12)

IMHO the only benchmark that really matters though is the one that allows for biometric facial recognition. That is the one that can be used to track your movements via cameras.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I had to do most (just the birth certificate and SS card, which is just common sense..) of what you named to get my first drivers license when I was 18. Not sure why you're making a big deal out of info the government already has.

They're the ones that gave you a birth certificate
They're the ones that gave you a SS number
They're the ones that you pay property tax to and if you don't own they still know where you live regardless.

I'm in a real ID state, just got my licensed renewed a few months ago, nothing was different.

Fear mongering thread.

www.dhs.gov...

edit on 30-3-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-3-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I was to note that this legislation was introduced by Repulicans and signed into law by Bush the Second.

H.R.418
Latest Title: REAL ID Act of 2005
Sponsor: Rep Sensenbrenner, F. James, Jr. [WI-5] (introduced 1/26/2005) Cosponsors (140)
Related Bills: H.RES.71, H.RES.75, H.RES.151, H.R.1268
Latest Major Action: 2/17/2005 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on the Judiciary.
Note: Pursuant to H. Res. 151, the text of H.R. 418, as passed House, was appended as Division B to the end of H.R. 1268. Division B was further modified in conference. H.R. 1268 became P.L. 109-13 on 5/11/2005.

So don't go blaming it on Obama and democrates.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by Flatfish

I didn't respond as I did because of the fact that you wrote Obama's name in your post but rather because of the many responses to this thread that are attempting to depict this problem as one of Obama's creations when nothing

Of course you are right, O is just the current face on the poster, and Real ID predates his Presidency. It would have happened regardless. But one has to admit that O has hyperspaced us into Nanny Statism.

There is only one reason dear leader would have it repealed, and that is so illegals are not challenged. He wants all illegals to be comfy here and not have any issues. But make no mistake, he is not concerned with burdening us with a million bureaucratic details or he would not have pushed Obamacare the way he did.
edit on 30-3-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

Actually it's why Napolitano is ACTIVELY working to get it repealed. Making it mandatory that people PROVE their citizenship is the last thing this administration wants. Think of the votes they'd lose.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by neoholographic
This is the cancer that is big government. This is why when I see people yelling for more government in our lives, it's like sheep being led to slaughter.

This is a Republican Idea and George II signed it into law. So much for republicans being for small, efficient government.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Oh F that! Is this law active in New York? I hope not cuz I would never be able to renew my license cuz I lost my original BC over a decade ago flying to the Bahamas, back when all you needed was a BC to travel if you didn't have a passport. So all I have are copies & to boot I haven't had my SS card since I lost it when I was 15 at a concert, although getting a new isn't hard, but either way F the federal govt and their unjust laws & any state that abides to them!

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FyreByrd

Originally posted by neoholographic

This is a Republican Idea and George II signed it into law. So much for republicans being for small, efficient government.

If anyone still believes that republicans are small government then they need to start paying attention.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

What they have done now is compile all that information into one location and connect it with any biometric information they can/have collect(ed) on you. Now they also require all your medical records online, and most of your financial records are also traceable through online sources. Before, this all your documents where stored in different places, some of which were local, or even in your personal possession. Obviously if they had all these documents, they wouldn't need to you to provide them when you showed up to get your license now would they?

What this ultimately becomes is the wet dream of any police state throughout history. The ability to completely control, track, and monitor the entire world population via linked computer databases, and biometric input devices (eg. Facial Recognition Cameras)...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join