Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

6 Weeks to Renew an Existing Driver's License, Coming to Your State Soon!

page: 15
143
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

log in

join

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone
 


Hm, 3 trips? They most likely have a website that tells you what kinds of documents are required.

The DMV is an issuing authority for ID cards and driver's licenses that can be used world wide to provide proof of identity. One shouldn't be able to just waltz in there and get an official form of identification easy-peasy.

Am I a fan of the "Real ID" act? No, but when people bitch about the DMV it rubs me the wrong way. If people just had their # together before they even went, things would go smoothly. The burden of proof is on you the customer to prove who you say you are, not the other way around.

I even will call a store before I leave the house to make sure they have the item I want, so as not to waste my time. A little preparation and "homework" can go a long way.




posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom
 


The burden of proof that should have been plenty, is that I've had a DL in my State for almost 17 years already.

All this new crap is for the Real ID Act...not having anything to do with me driving a car.

If you had read...I already said, they didn't notify anyone by mail, nor originally have it on their website...Ga is not the best State for keeping up with things like that. It's on their website now, after a lot of complaints. Also, each DMV office has their own website.

IF people had been given *advance* mailed notice of the radical changes, because of the Real ID Act, in renewing an existing DL, with our renewal notice, that got mailed to us.. ...there wouldn't have been only 3 out of about 50 applicants that day, getting one. I bet those 3 were ones who had been there before and were coming back to finish up.

Did you even read replies from all the people in this thread, who knew nothing about it.

We're not all psychic....you know.....

Des


edit on 1-4-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
reply to post by Destinyone
 


Hm, 3 trips? They most likely have a website that tells you what kinds of documents are required.

The DMV is an issuing authority for ID cards and driver's licenses that can be used world wide to provide proof of identity. One shouldn't be able to just waltz in there and get an official form of identification easy-peasy.

Am I a fan of the "Real ID" act? No, but when people bitch about the DMV it rubs me the wrong way. If people just had their # together before they even went, things would go smoothly. The burden of proof is on you the customer to prove who you say you are, not the other way around.

I even will call a store before I leave the house to make sure they have the item I want, so as not to waste my time. A little preparation and "homework" can go a long way.


That was an arrogant self righteous response to a thread you clearly had not taken the time to read thoroughly. Look who didn't do their homework.
edit on 1-4-2013 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Nazi Germany is here.

Wish OP had or would update his post with a list of states who are opting out and states who are imposing this.

Seems to be some confusion on who is doing it and who isn't.



posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by Destinyone
 


My boyfriend's son is turning 16, and will be getting a driver's license. I was going to sign my extra car over to his name and let him drive it. Per Progressive - insurance for him in the state of MN, where he resides, having a car in his name - 2002 ford focus, paid for - would be $700.00 for the first month, and then payments of $400.00 for the next 3 months. WTF!

The kid's on the honor roll, no problems with "discipline", no legal problems.

When my son turned 16, back in 1997, insurance on his own, paid for car was $126.00 a month - high, but he needed to have a car to be able to have a part-time job to pay for it.

These car insurance payments are like a house payment!!!!

Getting rid of cars? and the pollution and freedom they may cause? I wonder what that's about.


You do realize that the difference is less than $400 /yr? $1512.00 vs. $1900. That amounts to an increase of 25% over 16 years. Count your stars lucky.



posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by CUBD1
Nazi Germany is here.

Wish OP had or would update his post with a list of states who are opting out and states who are imposing this.

Seems to be some confusion on who is doing it and who isn't.


Your wish is my command. Here is the NCSL site *National Conference of State Legislators*. with updated info on the the REAL ID Act. You'll be able to find your State, and what is going on with their compliance. .


Countdown to REAL ID Compliance


On Dec. 20, the Department of Homeland Security issued a press release announcing that beginning on Jan. 15, 2013, those states that are not in compliance with the REAL ID standards will receive a temporary deferment of enforcement, of at least six months, during which federal agencies will continue to accept state-issued drivers licenses and identification cards from those states for boarding commercial aircraft and other official purposes. Following this minimum period of six months of non-enforcement, DHS will announce, no later than Fall 2013, a schedule for phased-in enforcement. While DHS did not offer a specific date as to when phased-in enforcement would begin, they did note that the announcement of phased-in enforcement will not result in immediate enforcement.

As part of this announcement, DHS sent individual letters to each state’s governor’s office. DHS organized states into three groups based on their standing with regards to REAL ID compliance. The first group, consisting of 13 states (Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Iowa, Indiana, Maryland, Ohio, South Dakota, Tennessee, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming) was found to have met the standards of the REAL ID Act of 2005 for driver’s licenses and identification cards. The second group consisted of those states that are not yet compliant with the standards but have contacted DHS regarding the status of their implementation efforts. The third group consists of states from which DHS has not received any information regarding that state’s REAL ID implementation efforts.
www.ncsl.org...


Databse to search by State level legislation on Real ID Act Good place to find out whom, in your State is supporting it.


REAL ID State Legislation Database

The REAL ID State Legislation Database tracks state legislative response to the federal REAL ID Act of 2005. The database contains bill numbers, sponsor information, bill summaries, status information, and, where available, links to legislation. Information in the database is updated on a daily basis. Questions about database content should be directed to Anne Teigen and Molly Ramsdell.

www.ncsl.org...


Yes, our Country is now a scary place to apply for a legal DL DHS has no business taking over the DMV. Next it will be only TSA Agents manning those offices.

Des






edit on 2-4-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FyreByrd

Originally posted by sprtpilot
They won't inconvenience or "weed out" illegal aliens or any lock-step Democrat voter group.

You should NEVER willingly bend to oppression because there will always be the next ratcheting-up coming. Obviously.

Where is the Federal Governments standing in STATE drivers' licenses anyway? Not there, and this back-door method to usurp states' rights again should not be tolerated.


Speaking of lock-step Democrats - I looked up the original bill H.R. 418 of the 109th Congress.

beta.congress.gov...

The bill has 140 co-sponsers. All but two of them are Republican. Lock-Step gentlemen?

Introduced by a Republican, signed into law by G. Bush II.

A nice conservative - Federalist Law.


This is the beauty of selective memory.

However I agree with the core idea of the bill - have a proper ID that can't be obtained unless you're a US citizen or legal resident. Use that ID to get anything from the govt from food stamps to a marriage license. Force all employers to use that ID in addition to a background e-verify check. Fine any employer that refuses to comply and/or hires undocumented workers.

Those in border states should actually be happy that we finally have an effective way to prevent illegals from stealing our identities and our jobs. Problem solved!

For once the R's did a good job in writing an useful law! And as an added bonus they get to call Obama a dictator for implementing this law. Well he may indeed be, courtesy of the Republicans!
edit on 2-4-2013 by DarkSecret because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by links234
 


I have a reasonable argument from my own family's history.

About 30 years ago, we discovered that the courthouse that housed all the records for one branch of our family had burned down. This caused the destruction of original documents for about 15 of my relatives. They are not capable of getting original documentation such as Birth Certificates because of this, and under the direct wording of RealID, they will never be able to get valid State DL's or ID's.



posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET
 


And this is why we continue to reject it.



posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkSecret
 


Well...that would be all fine and dandy, if it were not for some States, because of this Administration signing into executive order, that *some* Illegal Aliens can scoot around the REAL ID Act, and get a valid DL. California being one.

Do you call that fair application of the law.? I certainly don't. Hell, I was born here,have been a paying member of the system from the get go. Yet, I still have to jump through hoops, and they don't.


California's Drive to Give Illegal Aliens Driver's Licenses

By issuing driver's licenses to illegal aliens, California also risks repeating Maryland's 2009 mistake, when the state became a magnet for illegal aliens, who overran the Maryland motor vehicle agency with out-of-state and out-of-country driver's license applications. In Maryland, that surge not only drained the state's health and education coffers, but also increased crime. Despite being stridently anti-REAL ID and pro-illegal alien, Maryland's governor was nevertheless forced to call an emergency meeting of the state legislature to implement REAL ID compliance. The drain on state resources subsided almost immediately and today Maryland is a leader in REAL ID compliance.

California is living Maryland's history and needs to consider the consequences of permitting illegal aliens to obtain driver's licenses when 53 of 56 jurisdictions nationwide (the 50 states and six territories) already enjoy the benefits of REAL ID.

www.cis.org...


Des



posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by gamesmaster63
reply to post by links234
 


I have a reasonable argument from my own family's history.

About 30 years ago, we discovered that the courthouse that housed all the records for one branch of our family had burned down. This caused the destruction of original documents for about 15 of my relatives. They are not capable of getting original documentation such as Birth Certificates because of this, and under the direct wording of RealID, they will never be able to get valid State DL's or ID's.


It will not be easy for them. I hope you pass this Real ID Act info on. Maybe they can get *certified* copies of birth certificates from the hospitals they were born at. But, I also don't know how this is handled for home births...home birthing became a big trend in the late 70s in my old State. I haven't a clue how those records were kept and processed.

I see so many people falling through the cracks, with the stringent requirements of Real ID. Adopted people, lost records due to natural disasters. so many more situations that aren't taken into consideration.

Maybe I'll have my name legally changed to a different nationality, and bypass the whole mess...


Des



posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
The burden of proof is on you the customer to prove who you say you are, not the other way around.

I hope that you realize that:
1) Its a violation of your 4th Amendment Rights to demand you present them with personal documents and/or biometric data to receive a Drivers license without a court ordered warrant.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.”

2) Its a violation of several state constitutions for the same reason as above.
3) It violates several religions First Amendment Rights regarding “Graven Images” and some who are concerned that Biometrics potentially constitutes the “mark of the Beast”. It also violates the Religious Freedom Restoration Act. Its a violation as no exemptions are issued and no “religious protections” granted on the part of the government to those with religious objections to this ID system. They have not proven that its "least restrictive way" to issue drivers license, and that there is some reason why the "old system" cannot still be used for those with an objection.
4) Your drivers license was never intended to be an identity document, its intended to prove that you can drive a car.
5) The US does not issue an “official” identity document, and all previous attempts to issue a “National ID” have been shot down. The Real ID act is also claimed not to be a “National ID”, but rather making state issued Drivers Licenses uniform. However, when they started collecting UN compliant biometric photo's, and sharing the database with “out of state” entities, it become clear that this is not only another “National ID” but also an “International ID”.
So the “burden of proof” is actually on the government, not the citizen, to show a valid “need” to collect this information in relation to “probable cause”, then issue a warrant for it. Additionally under RFRA they must prove that the: “rule must be the least restrictive way in which to further the government interest” (IE. That there is a valid “NEED” to have biometric photos as opposed to the old non-biometric photo system).



posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by DarkSecret
 


Well...that would be all fine and dandy, if it were not for some States, because of this Administration signing into executive order, that *some* Illegal Aliens can scoot around the REAL ID Act, and get a valid DL. California being one.

Do you call that fair application of the law.? I certainly don't. Hell, I was born here,have been a paying member of the system from the get go. Yet, I still have to jump through hoops, and they don't.


California's Drive to Give Illegal Aliens Driver's Licenses

By issuing driver's licenses to illegal aliens, California also risks repeating Maryland's 2009 mistake, when the state became a magnet for illegal aliens, who overran the Maryland motor vehicle agency with out-of-state and out-of-country driver's license applications. In Maryland, that surge not only drained the state's health and education coffers, but also increased crime. Despite being stridently anti-REAL ID and pro-illegal alien, Maryland's governor was nevertheless forced to call an emergency meeting of the state legislature to implement REAL ID compliance. The drain on state resources subsided almost immediately and today Maryland is a leader in REAL ID compliance.

California is living Maryland's history and needs to consider the consequences of permitting illegal aliens to obtain driver's licenses when 53 of 56 jurisdictions nationwide (the 50 states and six territories) already enjoy the benefits of REAL ID.

www.cis.org...


Des


Yes that idea sucks. Well the republicans did a good job with this law. Obama is doing his little thing to get more votes. On the bright side - at least these illegals are going to be certified illegals and when the repubs come back into power they can deport them rightaway
Like taking candy from children hehehe



posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
This question goes to the op, i read the links you provided, but will this "federally assured" real id need to be renewed like the regular id's? Because such an intrusive verifying method feels like its for a one time only lifetime id. no need to renew after about 50 documents being presented i hope.

Also anyone else think this is a step for the nWo? Since america is dependent on debt and the debt of its citizens, this real id can make homeless and poor people essentially not able to have a Real ID and if they implement that you need a Real ID to cross boarders then we are enslaved for sure.

Public School System = Early mind control
American Dream = signing your name as a debt slave (college)
Real ID = if you are poor enough not able to leave the country
FAR FUTURE = not able to provide real id to major corporations for a job? not able to be hired.



posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAConsumer
 


It will be required to be renewed every 15 years in order to retain a Valid DL in all states that have it now, and will get it.

Des



posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone
 


Im in a position of sleeping on family members couches, not paying utility, SO if thats the case and REAL ID was mandatory for things like leaving the state you could say that im screwed right?



posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone


It will be required to be renewed every 15 years in order to retain a Valid DL in all states that have it now, and will get it.

Des


Just so I understand this correctly Des.

It used to be every 10 years to renew,now its 5,but every 15 you have to produce all of your info ie birth certificates etc is that correct?

Also do you have to have your photo renewed every 5 years?



posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by gps777

Originally posted by Destinyone


It will be required to be renewed every 15 years in order to retain a Valid DL in all states that have it now, and will get it.

Des


Just so I understand this correctly Des.

It used to be every 10 years to renew,now its 5,but every 15 you have to produce all of your info ie birth certificates etc is that correct?

Also do you have to have your photo renewed every 5 years?


States using the real id Act, will now only give you a legal DL for 5 years max. It used to be 10 in my State but no more.

Once you have obtained your DL under the REAL ID Act in your State, you can .renew it for up to 15 years, if you stay in your State, and don't move to another State. If you move to another State with the REAL ID Act, , you start from scratch in that State when you apply for a new DL in that State.

Every 15 years, it is now required by the REAL ID Act, that to renew your existing legal DL, in any State using the REAL ID Act. You MUST provide every single document again. .It's starting from scratch every 15 years.. No matter if you have a clean driving record in your State. None of that matters any more.

It's like you are persona non grata (persona non grata Latin, literally meaning "an unwelcome person",) in your own State. You'll have to once again, provide every CERTIFIED document to prove who you are. It's for re-entry into the REAL ID Federal database, to document any changes in your status, since your last entry.

Des



posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotAConsumer
reply to post by Destinyone
 


Im in a position of sleeping on family members couches, not paying utility, SO if thats the case and REAL ID was mandatory for things like leaving the state you could say that im screwed right?


My heart breaks for you. I've owned my own home in my State for many years, paid taxes, have had a legal valid State DL...It took me forever to just *renew* my existing DL here.because of the REAL ID Act.

FIRST...call your DMV office and ask if they are using the REAL ID Act law and guidelines to get or renew a DL in your State. You may be in luck and they are not yet. I hope so.

The requirements are strict, absolutely no wiggle room, and harsh. If there is any way you can get your DL renewed early, I'd do it.

Good Luck, I really mean that...

Des

edit on 14-4-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone
 


Hey there, hope you had a good Christmas!!

I'm giving your thread a *bump* ....I put your link in a thread I just made regarding the latest info on the Real ID

I think there are still many people in the dark about this.

I have to renew my DL this summer, so I'm curious as to whether or not I have to go through the hell you went through. Since our work causes us to travel 9-10 mos., I have to have a DL, no way around it
Fingers crossed that it's no big deal yet


Hope you have a Happy New Year!!

Warmest wishes~
snarky





new topics

top topics



 
143
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

log in

join



atslive.com

hi-def

low-def