It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winter is Coming....

page: 153
<< 150  151  152    154  155 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Why didn't the Nights King kill them all.

Bloody awful.

edit on 19-5-2019 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   
That ending made no effing sense.

Especially Jon's fate.

Effing Sansa!

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   
YAAA!!! There is still a dragon in the world!!!

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   
The ending for Jon made sense as I think he was happiest beyond the Wall. Yay for Ghost.

Yay for Drogon and Bran.. Liked the fate of the Iron Throne.

Everytbing else.. Need to process

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

But GRMM characters don't get to be happy.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Awful dialogue.

Lame last episode and the whole last series has been very, very poor with so many things not making sense and being out of synch with the previous series.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Spoilers.........................

It made no sense as in Greyworm was hell bent on killing Jon. Then Greyworm hops a boat to take a cruise to Missandrei's old home.

But send him to Castle Black it's not like the wildlings and the white walkers,and the night king are no longer a threat.

Where Jon promptly says eff that. I'm going to find some Giant babe so I can get a cup of milk.

They should have killed him and be done with it.

WHAT EVER!
edit on 19-5-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   
And Screw Drogo too.

Looks like he was all bark and no bite.

WHAT EVER on that score too.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   
And freggin Sansa gets a whole kingdom handed to her for no other reason than who her bro is.

Eff that.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

But when GRMM said there wouldn't be a happy ending he meant an ending we would be happy about I guess.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   
it's a shame to see something like this go from excellence to mediocrity.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Well,
The first season was genius;
The last season was meh;
Nobody wanted it to end, especially rushed like that.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   
After 8 seasons that brought waves of emotion toward the story and the writers ad-libbing of the final few, I'm left with indifference.

No joy, not disgust, just..nothing.

I can think of no further insult.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Am I the only one thinking that Bran was the true villain, manipulating events since becoming the 3ER so that he could take the IT? I never liked Dany, but after realizing this, I actually feel a bit sorry for her now.

The Queen in the North! I'm very happy with Sansa's ending. She had become perhaps my favorite character over the last two or three seasons. She got almost everything she wanted and I couldn't be much happier for her. Arya's ending, by contrast, was just OK. She'll probably die in two months after underestimating the size of the western ocean and running out of food or something. I still think Arya/Gendry will be the book ending for her.

Jon...yeah, I don't know about that. Is he in the Night's Watch? Did he join the Wildlings? Its a contradiction and makes me think GRRM has something else in mind for the character, but D&D didn't like it. Regardless, I feel bad for the guy. Not only did his 'brother' steal his birthright, he banished him, too. You're a POS, Bran. A real POS.

Overall, it felt like a safe ending designed to please the most fans.
edit on 20-5-2019 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Pros: John finally gave his doggo the petting that many of us were ticked off about him NOT giving said doggo previously.

Cons: Were there riots last night in the real world? I feel like this is the sort of thing that should have sparked some riots.

Benioff is a hack. There. I said it.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   
This is the ending GRRM wanted, he always said he was more interested in King/Queen So-And-So's tax policy or civil works than how they got to end up on the throne and you had that with the Small Council debating near the end.

I did like the montage of the Stark children dispersing, knowing they would most likely not see each other for a long time if ever.

edit on 20-5-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: network dude has no beer because Heels took it

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Who ended up where or dead didn't bother me, The ending is the ending.

The #tiest writing in any tv show history is the appalling part. Utterly diabolical.

I felt like I was watching Sesame Street.

Photography faultless, but D and D are off to destroy our Star Wars universe now.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Dany's fate was finally sealed when she said other good people which would have included Sansa don't get to choose anything in her new Kingdom. Reminded of me Anakin talking to Padame in their final scene together, let's rule the empire together calling all the shots. Power corrupts the emotional, that's why Bran is a good ruler, his emotionality is gone. It yet he has a balanced sense of justice devoid of emotional influence purely based on logic.

Nobody would have guessed Bran would win the Game Of Thrones after Jon was resurrected....it seemed like his destiny, but it seems ultimately he was the one that would clear the way for Bran.

And Dany power tripping cost her everything, if only she would accepted the bells ringing and the full surrender of the city, Jon would not have did what he did. Her story is tragic yet she.......

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I lay a lot of that at Martin's feet, he could have finished the novels years ago and/or helped write some of the screenplays but he was too busy screwing around with other projects.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   
WTF with that ending

When they could have Bran-Brahan burned to death in tar as local legends say on the black isle www.historic-uk.com...

And the dragon queen is dead
someone should tell Charles that old lizzard breath is gone
GRRM went totally OF script there .

But as i stated on the 3rd of april the Bastard king in the north is another story
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Westros www.bing.com... turn the map around

top topics

<< 150  151  152    154  155 >>

join