It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winter is Coming....

page: 154
<< 151  152  153    155 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I was think last night that as Jon went back to where he started that a post credit scene could have been Drogon taking Dany's body to Asshai where a Red Priest(ess) could have resurrected her to start her wheel all over again.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Still upset.

I'd like to know how their gonna replace all that money they're spending for sewers, and hookers.

The entire tax base of Westeros is dead or turned in to crispy critters.

I see Bran the broken ( more apt name since he engineered almost everything) creating Westeros's version of a federal Reserve and it will be located at Braavos with Iron Bank.

It's so disappointing. Felt like I've really wasted 8 years.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

what would you have liked to happen?
what do you think would have satisfied you?

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I quit watching two years ago.

Same with "Walking Dead".

Sorry it was a bummer, guys.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

No more theories pertaining to the books from me, it was all ignored.

George is a wanker for playing card games instead of finishing the books or at least he could have done the last season script. None of that changes these lads didn't bother putting in some incredible script writers, there are more than just GRRM globally that would have done a bang up job, but they wanted all the glory, so they can have it, let's heap it all on them.

Disney needs to reconsider them for Star Wars, it's apparent they are utterly incompetent.

I was waiting for a camera cut to Grover the muppet asking " Friends and children, how do we spell #E? "

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Well, at least I know how it ends now, I'm pretty sure George will croak before he finishes the novels so my need to know compulsion has been satisfied.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Drogo eating Jon after killing Danny.

Greyworm killing Jon after Tyrion.

Anyone but Bran being crowned.

Less Funny haha after the slaughter of KL at the Hands table.

Anything OTHER than what we got.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
At least we have the new live reenactment of "All in the Family" this Wednesday..

Woody Harrelson as Archie Bunker..

And Marissa Tomei as Edith.

www.google.com...

I can't wait, they have been talking about this for years.. And the casting is very good.

In the original show Archie was supposed to be in his mid forties.I'm sorry but Carol did not look like he was in his forties, watching it growing up I always looked at him as my grandfather's age. They actually looked a lot alike and my grandfather had the same sense of humor.

So Don't get me wrong I absolutely love Carol O'Connor, his comedic timing and light physical comedy were a joy to watch .

But I do think woody is gonna nail this.

And Marissa as the dingbat.. omg..

Live in front of a studio audience.. no canned laughter..

I have high hopes that the ratings will be stellar and picked up for a full season.

Heff,
Do you remember our conversation a few years back about how they could never pull this show off in today's P.C. culture?

I honestly can't wait.

Respectfully,
~meathead
edit on 20-5-2019 by Mike Stivic because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-5-2019 by Mike Stivic because: More
sorry for the off-topic zazz.
edit on 20-5-2019 by Mike Stivic because: Sorry

edit on 20-5-2019 by Mike Stivic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

He's (Jim Kimmel) also doing the same thing with The Jeffersons.

Now back to GoT.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Well there we go. A turd to sit on top of the giant heap of turd that was season 8.
Well done dumb and dumber.
You killed it - literally.

Tyrion - go on, kill Dany... Jon.. no she is my Queen.. Tyrion...oh go on. Jon... ok then.

Bronn wanders back in to a seat of power

The Unsullied - ... we're going to kill Jon... some people who needed to be quickly brought in so their story could be rushed to an end teleported in.. no we have to choose a King.. it's his brother ... The Unsullied - ok then.

Arya wandering off to explore.. hehehe - nod to Lord of the Rings, badly done.
Jon's "I'll miss you most of all scarecrow" goodbyes...

The last episode actually topped all the others as the worst writing to grace our TV screens in years.

GOT had some wonderful early seasons, but the 2nd half debacle has to rank it as one of the worst shows - or the worst show - ever produced.
edit on 20/5/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
... oh and Dany's black outfit addressing the throngs of soldiers that somehow survived episode 3... quick quick I have to change into my Nazi uniform so I can seem like a mad dictator...

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   
...oh and now the series is over, just wanted to give a big shout out to the Golden Company. Bad asses. They were really well worked into the story arc.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

If you think this has an happy ending you havent been paying attention.

Sansa Stark... Queen In The North!

All 1,500 total survivors up there.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

one of the worst shows - or the worst show - ever produced.

Salty......hey but I feel you, "The Last Jedi" for me is equal to what people feel about Season 8 of GOT.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   
So good guy jon snow turns into queen slayer and stabs his queen he promised to serve;
Can't understand why dragon just didn't step on him instead of burning the throne,

Have to admit I fast forwarded after khaleesi was stabbed,

Very disappointing my queen didn't make the throne. OK she had some anger issue's but no body is perfect.

RIP khaleesi.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

They should've ended the series in S08E05 when the bells rang,

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
So good guy jon snow turns into queen slayer and stabs his queen he promised to serve;
Can't understand why dragon just didn't step on him instead of burning the throne.

Symbolism; khaleesi was the last tyrant and with her death there was no more need for the throne.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   
One of the theories after John died and was resurrected was that ghost held his spirit.
Maybe that is why the dragon destroyed the chair and not Jon. A part of dani was still alive in the dragon.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

But why do so many think that dani turned our to be crazy?
She was set to use her dragon to free the poor masses from the evil tyrants by raining fire and stone upon their heads.
She used a dragon we use missiles. Seems like the results look pretty much the same.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Maybe that is why the dragon destroyed the chair and not Jon.

Drogon didn't set Jon alight for the simple reason that he is a Targaryen.

As for where did Drogon take Daenerys after she died; how about to another priestess of R'hllor like Melisandre.....if Jon can come back from the dead why can't she?
And it does set up a sequel somewhere down the line.

top topics

<< 151  152  153    155 >>

join