It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winter is Coming....

page: 151
<< 148  149  150    152  153  154 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
That's what I don't get. The history talks about a winter that lasted a generationwith the knight king laying waste with his army of the dead and giants and even huge spiders. If I am understanding the myth right it took an entire generation to drive old man winter and his army back north. And this time it seems all it took was a very skilled girl and her special knife to kill him and end the winter before it even got much of a foothold. I have to be missing something.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
That's what I don't get. The history talks about a winter that lasted a generationwith the knight king laying waste with his army of the dead and giants and even huge spiders. If I am understanding the myth right it took an entire generation to drive old man winter and his army back north. And this time it seems all it took was a very skilled girl and her special knife to kill him and end the winter before it even got much of a foothold. I have to be missing something.

1. I dont think its over, remember he changed a lot of people into white walkers, but all we saw accompanying the Night King were I think 4 at most ,what happened to all the other ones?

2. What if hes actually NOT the true Night King?

3. Last nights episode really irritated me with how they so lazily killed off Cersei and her brother, yeah its kind of poetic justice that the power she loved so much came literally crashing down on her, but it just seemed really really poorly done.

4. I have generally really like this season, but last night just left a bad taste in my mouth, the season always felt a bit hurried, but last night just felt like they were cramming as much as they could , just so they could end it and be done with it next week.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

4. I have generally really like this season, but last night just left a bad taste in my mouth, the season always felt a bit hurried, but last night just felt like they were cramming as much as they could , just so they could end it and be done with it next week.

We lucky. Look how HBO handled Deadwood. We lucky we saw past the Re Wedding (that they didnt do the Red Wedding episode and end i9t right there).

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Slight entirely off topic thing that I'm squeezing in here because it's kinda the only thread I post in these days...

Yesterday afternoon my daughter gave birth to an unbelievably beautiful 7 pound 3 ounce little girl.

I'm now a grandfather.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Congrats Heff.

edit on 14-5-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

Martin said the long winters and odd seasons are supernatural in nature so killing him would most likely affect the strength and duration of winter.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Nice man, congrats.

At least push to get the kid's middle name to be Arya.

edit on 14-5-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: network dude has no beer because Heels took it

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Enjoy every minute you have with her and congrats!!
Hope daughter and little one stays well and happy!

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Ya and it seems that at least one time before it took a whole generation to kill him. And this time it only took a year??

Maybe its more like they not only need to kill the night king but there is something more they have to do.
Maybe without the king there is no one to control the winter or the dead that maybe are running amok in the northern lands.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Part of the issue is people are mixing the novels and the show mythology, there is no Night King in the novels, only the Others who are never actually explained. Martin said this will happen in the next novel.

The Night's King was, as the legend goes, the 13th Lord Commander of the Night's Watch.

When the leader of the White Walkers (first seen in "Oathkeeper") was dubbed the Night King by the producers, confusion set in amongst some fans as to the relationship between two characters. After "Hardhome" aired, Game of Thrones Wiki contacted George R.R. Martin asking whether to treat the White Walker referred to as the "Night King" relative to the ancient Lord Commander known as the "Night's King" - if they are the same character, or if "Night's King" is a title that can be held by different characters, like "King in the North." He was also asked if it was significant that Benioff and Weiss refer to him as the "Night King", without a possessive "S". Martin cryptically avoided the first question, but said he prefers the spelling "Night's King".

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

The salvation could be next week. There are some pretty big questions raised by this past week.

The battle for the north, and the battle for red keep should hve been 2 episodes each though. I felt kind of cheated on the battle for the north, and how cheap the finish of that fight was.

Like i was telling my son when we discussed it, about the time Varis stopped talking about his "little birdies" was around the same time that Tyrion was no longer the smartest man in westeros. It sucks that Martins characters had to change so much with new writers, but you can definitely see that its not done with any planning or foresight.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Congratulations !!

That little girl couldn't ask for a better Pop Pop.

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

Yesterday afternoon my daughter gave birth to an unbelievably beautiful 7 pound 3 ounce little girl.

I'm now a grandfather.

WOOOOOOooooohhh!

Congrats Pappy!

I am delighted for you mate!

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Thanks y'all!

Now...

Zazz has already posted her prediction that this all ends with Queen Sansa. A fairly popular conclusion if the few YouTube summaries I've watched are any indication.

However it seems that the majority of these fans and pundits are squarely in the camp of "Jon Snow must sit on the throne or the last 8 years of my life was for naught".

As for me? I'm sticking with my previous prediction. In fact I'm doubling down on it. After all, when I made my prediction it was in regard to a bastard blacksmith. Now he's no longer a bastard nor blacksmith - but Lord Gendry Baratheon of Storms End and the legitimate heir to the Iron Throne.

More, I think that Gendry will prove himself and earn the throne by fulfilling the prophecy of Azur Ahai.

Jon Snow, disillusioned and broken by what he's seen and what he'll soon face will once again take the black.

Sansa Stark will do what Starks do... She will be the Lady of Winterfell and Warden of the North.

I fear that Arya may seek to scratch one last name from her list... And fail. Seeing Arya fall will be what leads Gendry Baratheon to pulling a fllaming sword from a forge with which to slay the Mother of Dragons - in so becoming Azor Ahai.

I think the characters who survive may likely offer Jon Snow the Iron Throne upon the death of Daenerys but Jon Snow will say what he's always said, he doesn't want it. More now because he forced the North to accept Daenerys. It was upon his warrant that she was followed. He ignored his family and his people. He is not worthy.

Therefore he will defer to Gendry.

Finally, Gendry will, in a way, break the wheel. He will instate a Camelot style of governance... A King with a council of people seen as equals. The survivors... Sansa, Brienne, . Maybe Jon Snow ( If he doesn't take the Black again ) Maybe Davos and Tyrion ( if D&D don't glory murder either or both for the lulz ). Sam? Arya if she survives and either accepts or declines Queenhood.

That's my prediction.

Then again this is season 8 of GoT and it's entirely possible that it will end with Tormund riding into King's Landing, drunk, announcing that he just had intimate relations with a tree stump before being lifted onto the Iron Throne by throngs of adoring peasants - so who knows?

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 05:07 AM
link   

I have predicted Gendry for a while also. The last episode strengthened that view - noticeable by his absence.
Honestly, though, I don't really care that much now as all the characters have been ruined by the writing.

Congrats, by the way.

edit on 15/5/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Predictions based on the books are useless with Dumb and Dumber, I accepted fact this too late in my life.

I did though a few times suggest the Baratheon bastard is still there for no reason other than to be an heir. I thought maybe he and Sansa, but they made it Ayra.

They may go back to before the Dragon Riders showed up only 400 years earlier to Principalities and Kingdoms. Sansa the Queen in the North and Baratheon East.

Look, So long as Jon the useless tit and Dany kill themselves and/or each other I am happy.

edit on 15-5-2019 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Doesn't bode well for Gendry since the mad queen named him.

He may go crawl in a corner somewhere and marry a bar wench.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Doesn't bode well for Gendry since the mad queen named him.

He may go crawl in a corner somewhere and marry a bar wench.

Lol, at this stage they may as well introduce a brand new character who is the long lost son of a long lost line that is the rightful heir. Or aliens.. or the whole of Westeros turns out to be a wart on the arse of a huge giant who sits down and kills everyone. It would be about as good as the script writing of dumb and dumber.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Macumber the blue eyed giant..

Screw Bobby, who shot J.R. ??

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Last episode of GOT tomorrow.

I thought I was going to miss it. When it was over, but I don't think I will.

Turns out this last season wasn't worth the wait.

Best part of S8 was Kingslanding getting burned to the ground.

top topics

<< 148  149  150    152  153  154 >>

join