It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. B-2 stealth bomber conducts first-ever firing drill in Korea.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Strawberry88

All I see in NK related threads is a collection of the most retarded, macho tough guy "we're invincible and don't care about the local population" replies.

Why don't they care? Simple. The MSM doesn't give them that choice.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Terminal1

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by UnBreakable

Then bring it on little fat man Kim Jon-un. Send your starving army south and our B-52's will bomb you back to the stone age. He's all bark and no bite, like an elementary school bully. That bloated dude is obviously eating well while millions in his country are starving, spending the food money on obsolete military toys. We'll destroy him.

Forgive me for saying so..but there is a near eagerness for war among a segment on here that is scary. Very disturbing. I suppose, about a thousand years ago when the Towers fell in New York, I too was gung ho and happy to see our troops deployed out to 'kick ass'. Oh yes... Kick some all the way back to the White House for a public display, I believe I said ...and more than once back then.

Now? multiple wars over more than a decade has seriously changed my whole outlook for that. SO MANY dead and perhaps it could be a fact to accept ...but what outcome was gained? Iraq...is worse. Afghanistan is no better, if not worse as well. Yemen is absolutely worse and more chaotic while the Middle East in general? Well...The map has changed radically and generally to the worse overall.

What happens we we go kick the tail off Kim and execute him like the others before him? Will the world be any better? No.. Will tensions be less outside that very small area? Nope...and I question if they get better there. Recall, by history, U.S. Forces were basically AT the Chinese Borders. We'd WON the Korean War and MacArthur was looking North asking about maps of streets in Beijing when not talking about the wonders of Cobalt spread up and down the Yalu river. It COULD make it worse.

AT BEST though.....thousands, if not hundreds of thousands in that small area will be dead. Kim will be dead. Many thousands of Americans and others..perhaps even Japanese will be dead. Aside from the show we all watch on TV, what will the benefit have been?

If Kim STARTS it..as I've said? Kill him and leave nothing to so much as bury. Erase that fat boy from the Earth as if he never existed. GONE .... If HE doesn't attack? Why more death? What does it serve?

- One VERY war weary and exhausted Rabbit. (sigh). I don't sing 'Give peace a chance'. It's corny. However, giving war a chance has been a resounding failure. It damn sure doesn't work.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheConstruKctionofLight
reply to post by Terminal1

Now your just making yourself look foolish.

Do you think that Gazrok s not entitled to his own opinions here, regardless of his stature or position?

Do you think he has nothing better to do that respond to your questions about him?

Can you imagine the chaos here if that is all he was doing, they would need 1000 mods answering questions for anyone that was calling them out on anything under the sun.

Thank you for your opinion, but you should probably run along now.

Your off topic, out of line and this thread is about B2 bombers in the skies of Korea, not depleted uranium in Iraq.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
This was a fantastic show of power from the USA! If you actually use your noggin you will realise the message to north korea was as follows: we have just conducted dummy bombing runs within your country and within your airspace. Simmer down or be taken down. Do the NKs actually realise one of those planes were designed and built to WIPE OUT a nation? my fear is they dont quite understand what the USA is capable of. As iv said before they are on suicide watch.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
This was a fantastic show of power from the USA! If you actually use your noggin you will realise the message to north korea was as follows: we have just conducted dummy bombing runs within your country and within your airspace. Simmer down or be taken down. Do the NKs actually realise one of those planes were designed and built to WIPE OUT a nation? my fear is they dont quite understand what the USA is capable of. As iv said before they are on suicide watch.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Note to above...the flyover was SK airspace, not NK airspace...that would have been an act of war.

Funny I havent seen any other wars where Depleted Uranium was used. How do you morally justify the use of DU weapons? But its in the Middle East so who cares, right? And coming from a Super Moderator?

It's a valid point. Personally, I have some high moral objections to using DU weapons (for anything but bunker busting), but that's more for the international community to condemn. I actually did write a letter to each of my Congressmen back when we used them. I stated the need for Congressional approval for the use of any weapons that may have serious environmental damage, and the need for informing the public of such use. Instead, we found out usually only through foreign media sources.

As for being a Mod, no apologies there, I'm posting in this thread as a member, and purposefully avoiding taking modding actions here.

(In the case of bunker busting, I'm really not as concerned with the DU environmental issues on the inside of a hunk of rock used by the military).

As far as the relevancy in NK, it could be a whole other thread, as no doubt, we'll use DU bunker busters in a NK confrontation. (they are denser and have more penetration power). We're also likely to use DU weapons against their tanks, and this is where we'd really have to have some kind of public awareness, as DU weapons should NOT be used in the streets of either NK or SK.
edit on 28-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by GERRY041284

Is was indeed a well played move. I think NK is actually fully aware of what a B2 can do. What this DID do was say 3 things:

1. Your crazy rhetoric isn't going to stop us doing what we want, when we want. So pipe down.

2. We don't need bases in SK, Japan, Hawaii or anywhere else you can reach. We can hit you from anywhere in the world and you won't even see us coming.

3. You're messing around with bottle-rockets and 70 year old nuclear tech - we have THIS crazy stuff at our disposal.

It was designed to intimidate, humiliate and educate

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
note to above i can guarantee those b2s have been in nk. How would they know? This was the whole point in the usa anouncing they flew to "south korea" we will not hear from kim again he will be #ting it

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curio

Originally posted by GERRY041284

Is was indeed a well played move. I think NK is actually fully aware of what a B2 can do. What this DID do was say 3 things:

1. Your crazy rhetoric isn't going to stop us doing what we want, when we want. So pipe down.

2. We don't need bases in SK, Japan, Hawaii or anywhere else you can reach. We can hit you from anywhere in the world and you won't even see us coming.

3. You're messing around with bottle-rockets and 70 year old nuclear tech - we have THIS crazy stuff at our disposal.

It was designed to intimidate, humiliate and educate
you also make 3spot on points fantastic post gold star to you good sir

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

A retaliation for threatening to target US bases was highly expected. The Administration could not let that go unnoticed and just turn a blind eye, empty thread or not.

Little Un is playing with matches and if he's not careful, he's going to burn himself and his regime real bad.

They had to draw the line at some point. Hope Little Un gets the message this time.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
No, I dont think so, he is not right in the head.

They are sitting around the table right now wondering what the next move will be. There is slop flying from his mouth as he yells and pounds his fists on the table. I can only imagine what is going on in the minds of his top generals.

If I was a betting man, (and I hate gambling of any type) I would bet that there is now a higher degree of chance that someone inside his admin is plotting his demise. These Generals have families as well. They are not all insane, are they?

Originally posted by SonoftheSun

A retaliation for threatening to target US bases was highly expected. The Administration could not let that go unnoticed and just turn a blind eye, empty thread or not.

Little Un is playing with matches and if he's not careful, he's going to burn himself and his regime real bad.

They had to draw the line at some point. Hope Little Un gets the message this time.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lnfideI

I would bet that there is now a higher degree of chance that someone inside his admin is plotting his demise.

Man, I hope you're right. It would put a dead stop at all this nonsense.

This world does not need another war. But if things don't cool off soon or come to an abrupt final, as days and weeks go by, it's more likely to happen than not.

I sincerely hope you're right.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I bet all these ''Threats '' from North Korea are all CIA ,[J]U.S Government propaganda in order to create a ''Something must be done about North Korea '' ,we better do a Pre emtive Strike ! get everyone in a panic something must be done ! before they friggin attack the USA OMG !!!, same as the BS Iran and its nuclear weapons program propaganda,OMG they are gonna attack Israel [which already has around a 100 Nuclear weapons], and the Fake WOMD in Iraq .
Hmmm nothing changes ! the NWO bullies have already made up their minds who they have to ''GET'' all they need is the Right excuse ,to take out these countries

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Hi,

That's how I see it.

He makes the rules and issues the orders, they are a cult, he is the head of it.

Although he is educated, he is not a military tactician.

There are Generals in his ranks, that probably served under his Grandfather.

Not all these generals can be suicidal, or crazy enough to think they will survive going up against the US.

As fat bois rhetoric heats up over the last several weeks, I would think that some of his top guys are talking amongst themselves.

A Coup is the next logical thing, because I too hope this does not lead to a war, many will die, it will make Vietnam seem like a picnic at Copper Island BC. How many US died fighting the Vietnam war? 80k? 80k Koreans just in the South will die the first day.

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
reply to post by lnfideI

I would bet that there is now a higher degree of chance that someone inside his admin is plotting his demise.

Man, I hope you're right. It would put a dead stop at all this nonsense.

This world does not need another war. But if things don't cool off soon or come to an abrupt final, as days and weeks go by, it's more likely to happen than not.

I sincerely hope you're right.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by lnfideI

His generals have been in the military since they were teenagers, I can assure you they want the US and South Korea wiped off the map aswel. This guys have been brainwashed since birth. If Kim dies then there will be someone else to make the calls and they will be just as crazy! I dont believe this is a 'Cut the head off the snake' scenario. With almost 10million soldiers trained to kill and hate Americans i dont think they would back down and i dont believe they would welcome american soldiers.

Remember these people have been brainwashed since birth!....A lot like the US citizens...

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
You can hate all you wish when a mad man is at your helm controlling you.

BUT

When your starving and cutting up your dog with an axe to eat, you now are rather pliable to a better way.

Human nature can not be taken from a human easily.

Originally posted by icanhearmusic
reply to post by lnfideI

His generals have been in the military since they were teenagers, I can assure you they want the US and South Korea wiped off the map aswel. This guys have been brainwashed since birth. If Kim dies then there will be someone else to make the calls and they will be just as crazy! I dont believe this is a 'Cut the head off the snake' scenario. With almost 10million soldiers trained to kill and hate Americans i dont think they would back down and i dont believe they would welcome american soldiers.

Remember these people have been brainwashed since birth!....A lot like the US citizens...

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheConstruKctionofLight
reply to post by Catch_a_Fire

So that means that if Washington DC was nuked the Regime that is responsible for over 100 wars in the last 60 years would be wiped out, and that every beaurucrat in Washington DC must be part of the regime otherwise they couldnt afford to live there. What utter nonsense...Pyonyang has a population of over 3 M people, hang on they must all be part of the reigime as they didnt depose their leader. Lets kill them all as an example to the world

First things first, i didnt say nuked i said "bombed", by that i would mean strategic precision airstrikes, ive said it enough times in enough threads lately. Theres a big difference between being "nuked" and being "bombed". Not once have i said "kill them all" either.

The rest of your post seems like a rant thats directed at someone who wants Pyongyang turned to glass, and that isnt me, despite what some may think.

I am also British, so your US bashing was also a little pointless. I could go on but why should i?, you will only come to your own blown out of proportion judgement anyway.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Fundamental question here:

Since most of us agree they really can't send any nukes our way, why is what goes on in NK our problem?

We don't have enough to take care of here at home?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
This all seems like a funny joke to me - a funny and surreal movie - and yet, I won't be laughing or smirking if the first bombs begin to drop.

But still, I maintain my position in regards to this North Korea business - I won't believe it until I see it. Having said that, I think it highly possible that North Korea and South Korea could be involved in skirmishes here and there; but for North Korea to fire at the United States - that's what seems surreal to me.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join