It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. B-2 stealth bomber conducts first-ever firing drill in Korea.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

US: Hey China, you need to get a hand on your problem child there, enough is enough.
China: We'd like to, but we don't want to come off as the bully here. We can't just march in.
US: What if we provoke them? Get them to throw the first stone, then we could use a lot of our munitions to soften them up for you.
China: Ah! Yes, then we could tell you to "back off" and then we send in our solders...er....Humanitarian Aid people, and set up our own puppet government that we really do control.
US: Sounds good to us, we'll get to work on pissing Kim off.
China: And we'll draw up plans to build more factories there. BTW - we landed a new contract for some items. Should see them in your Walmart stores soon. Low quality, but very low price!
US: Sounds good! Our people LOVE buying cheap crap all the time made by you guys! Okay, I got to send some B2s over there. Talk at you later.

Well... you never know.

I dont quite get the role of china in all this and I dont think anyone does. This is one hell of a wild card. All of the theories I've heard (the good ones of course) they make as much sense as they do not. But I'm not seeing china moving the pla one inch because of nk. Not on offensive at least. Hell... even as I type this my mind goes "who knows?"...

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
reply to post by eriktheawful

US: Hey China, you need to get a hand on your problem child there, enough is enough.
China: We'd like to, but we don't want to come off as the bully here. We can't just march in.
US: What if we provoke them? Get them to throw the first stone, then we could use a lot of our munitions to soften them up for you.
China: Ah! Yes, then we could tell you to "back off" and then we send in our solders...er....Humanitarian Aid people, and set up our own puppet government that we really do control.
US: Sounds good to us, we'll get to work on pissing Kim off.
China: And we'll draw up plans to build more factories there. BTW - we landed a new contract for some items. Should see them in your Walmart stores soon. Low quality, but very low price!
US: Sounds good! Our people LOVE buying cheap crap all the time made by you guys! Okay, I got to send some B2s over there. Talk at you later.

Well... you never know.

I dont quite get the role of china in all this and I dont think anyone does. This is one hell of a wild card. All of the theories I've heard (the good ones of course) they make as much sense as they do not. But I'm not seeing china moving the pla one inch because of nk. Not on offensive at least. Hell... even as I type this my mind goes "who knows?"...

Well......you know I did ask myself about this one day.

When I was growing up through the late 60's, 70's and early 80's, my parents would go out and buy things. Many, many of them (even ones sold in the NEX (Navy Exchange) or other military stores) all seemed to say the same thing on them:

"Made In Taiwan"

Now, and for at least 2 decades by my count, most of what I see is:

"Made In China"

I bought a meat grinder a few weeks back. Ordered it from a US company. On the bottom of it is a sticker that says that. Made In China.

Think about how many billions, literally billions of US dollars that us Americans spend in our Walmarts, and other stores, buying stuff that all has that on it "Made In China"

This is why I can't believe that China would do something that would threaten that, because supplies to Walmart and other stores get their stuff from China, and China makes how many billions of dollars each year?

All because us Americans can't walk into Walmart and just get a gallon of milk.

Oh no. I walk in with my wife for that gallon of milk, and walk back out with a cart full of crap, and while loading the back of my car with said crap, I'm wondering "What just happened?"

With everything that is going on with NK, I was asking myself, what is China going to do? And it seems to me that for now, China isn't going to do anything, as long as nothing crosses their borders. They've even made some stern statements to NK, but to no avail.

So either they firmly believe this will all die down. Or......... or they are using this as to gain the advantage. Trust me, the US really doesn't want to send in ground troops there. It's nasty, and it's spring time, time for those monsoons I remember, ick.
But I'm sure we'd have no problems using all our high tech toys (that are very deadly) to soften things up. It could be that the convo I posted never happened. But it might be that is exactly what China wants, and knows that AFTER we've bombed the heck out of NK's military, that will back off in China says to, which gives them an opening to walk in and "help" NK, who suddenly has a new leader, and seems to do what ever China tells it to do.

And here's another thing: South Koreans love to buy low priced crap too! Hehehehehe. Seriously, they love to shop also.

I guess time will tell.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by GargIndia
One question I want to ask this board:

Why is US present in South Korea???

The South Koreans want the US.

If US can leave Vietnam, why not Korea???

Because South Korea did not lose, unlike South Vietnam. If South Korea wants the US to go, the US will go, as it left Phillipines.

The presence of US in South Korea has prolonged the Korean conflict indefinitely.

The presence of the US in South Korea has prolonged South Korea's life, livelihood, prosperity and liberty. This is not propaganda, it is obvious fact.

edit on 31-3-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
All this talk about the US sitting taking threats is tooth fairy stuff and common sense seems lacking in some opinions here. NK was always next in the line for US military intervention..or have people forgot the "Axis of evil" speeches... Sticking up two fingers at the lunatic will escalate this situation to levels that are totally planned and premeditated by the US...The only reason it hasnt happened so far was a couple of hurdles that were also on the list...Iraq and Afghanistan...

Dont be fooled in thinking that the US is only retaliating to threats with gestures like this, as its all a well constructed plan to move onto the next country needing their blood spilled in the false name of freedom from a US government.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

I personally think that the US was uninterested in NK until these past few weeks rhetoric. Dont get me wrong, NK will have been on the "to do" list somewhere, but the US's interests have been too tied up in the ME.

As much as the US have taunted NK lately it has only been in reply to his war cries.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catch_a_Fire
reply to post by captiva

I personally think that the US was uninterested in NK until these past few weeks rhetoric. Dont get me wrong, NK will have been on the "to do" list somewhere, but the US's interests have been too tied up in the ME.

As much as the US have taunted NK lately it has only been in reply to his war cries.

The US was interested when Reagan made the speech...like everything else on the agenda, they take their time...and your right about the ME... I guess they were higher on the to do list.

edit on 31-3-2013 by captiva because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Taking your time in this situation may not be a bad idea, would rather someone took their time than made a hasty decision.

The news conference today was really nothing to get excited about now was it.

Originally posted by captiva

Originally posted by Catch_a_Fire
reply to post by captiva

The US was interested when Reagan made the speech...like everything else on the agenda, they take their time...and your right about the ME... I guess they were higher on the to do list.

edit on 31-3-2013 by captiva because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

Like I said, the US bought our base of operations, and the tech, so we no longer have direct control over the technology. It is stationed at Pine Gap.

In military circles it is a running joke about your 'stealth' capabilities. I'm sure in US military circles they're laughing at how quickly we sold our equipment.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I was part of the last Team Spirit exercises in Korea which should have continued for those who do not remember what they were here is a link and excerpt.

The Team Spirit exercise, held between 1976 and 1993 by the U.S. and South Korean militaries, was canceled in hopes North Korea would abandon its nuclear program and allow international inspections. Team Spirit continued to be scheduled from 1994 to 1996 but was canceled each year as an incentive to improve relations. About 200,000 U.S. and South Korean servicemembers participted in Team Spirit.

Team Spirit was usually held in late March, Team Spirit, is a joint/combined exercise designed to evaluate and improve the interoperability of the ROK and U.S. forces. In-country forces are augmented for training purposes by U.S. Army, Navy, Marine and Air Force units from outside the ROK. The exercise is defensive in nature. In the past, as dates for Team Spirit exercises are announced, prior notification is given to north Korea. The success of Team Spirit as an essential training vehicle in a joint/combined environment adds significantly to both its deterrent value and the command's war fighting capabilities.

Team Spirit is an annual field maneuver exercise initiated in 1976 in order to deter North Korean war provocations and fortify ROK-US security cooperation. Purely defensive in nature, Team Spirit is basically a combined exercise and is regularly held between the two allies. This is, then, quite different from what the North criticized the exercise as being-offensive training-and we have even invited the North to observe the training. Team Spirit is a mandatory exercise needed to evaluate the ROK-US alliance and to foster combined operations and military capabilities for defending South Korea.

www.globalsecurity.org...

Every once in a while they need to be shown that they do not have a chance if they start a conflict. These tactics are tried and true.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join