It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. B-2 stealth bomber conducts first-ever firing drill in Korea.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Ouch...... That was beyond unnecessary. As if anyone in the world needs to see them to know they have the range to be anywhere across it. I mean Kim's being a child with a tantrum ...but if the child's holding a knife or a gun, it's not really wise to push their buttons so hard they snap like a dry branch, either.

Saving face is a huge thing over there...as I understand it? Obama's fast leaving Kim no way out with moves like this. The logic escapes me. At least the B-52 could be debated as having lots of other uses. Iraq saw it far more often than I'm sure they wanted to in 1991. No nukes...just rains of thunder. The B2 tho? Gee.. Why don't we pop a test shot at Johnston Atoll while we're at it. Didn't some idiot do that during the Cuban Missile Crisis? Nothing like a nice road flare in the gas tank to warm things up.

Then bring it on little fat man Kim Jon-un. Send your starving army south and our B-52's will bomb you back to the stone age. He's all bark and no bite, like an elementary school bully. That bloated dude is obviously eating well while millions in his country are starving, spending the food money on obsolete military toys. We'll destroy him.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Really the best part is Kimmy has to read about it in the New York Times after they are back in the US.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Terminal1

I don't think it occurs to Un just what forces can actually be lined against him on many fronts.

Therein lies the danger. For all we know, he could be that blatantly stupid. He's only been in power a little over a year, not near long enough to make safe predictions. He could really think he has a shot at some kind of "victory" here...and do something stupid instead of coming to the table.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
dude is sitting in his hollywood studio eating donuts and laughing about how people believe he is real.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
This was completely unnecessary. This is pure provocation and the sad thing is... the US pulls this stunts but the first ones to feel the sting will be the civilians in seoul...

I really dont see how putting b-2s in the air and informing everyone about it should "cool things down" considering all the unprecedented escalation that went all this month.

Lets see what April has reserved...

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Strawberry? you were such a nice little thing the night we shared some grog.

I do'nt think anyone here is actively wishing for anyone's demise, if they are, it would be leveled at the NK leadership. Everyone I am sure is wishing for the best outcome for the Korean poeople, North and SOuth, and by labeling us brain dead pieces of filth my be not far from the truth, it just does not fit in here very well.

Now if you were out at the Snowmobile grass drags we have every spring, calling us Brain-dead pieces of filth may actually be accurate.

Originally posted by Strawberry88
All I see in NK related threads is a collection of the most retarded, macho tough guy "we're invincible and don't care about the local population" replies.

Someone please xplain to me why an entire nation should be punished for it's being brainwashed and horribly mistreated by it's crazy leader?

Does anyone here seriously think Un and his band of advisors (who are the real blame here imo, as if Un is any less of a stagepuppet than Bush was) will besitting on a rooftop waiting for the bombs to drop? He'll be in a f#cking bunker somewhere if and when bombs drop on NK, only killing civilians and military personnel.

"sometimes a child needs a good smacking" or whatever was said, LMFAO; the child happens to have quite the arsenal at his fingertips, go ahead and slap him yeah, and people think he is insane, lets provoke someone simply because their missile test failed, that must mean it wasnt staged, is still not working properly,etc etcBut whatever, thats not even the point, what IS the point though is that;

BOMBING NK WILL KILL CIVILIANS AND MP WHO HAVE BEEN BRAINWASHED, THE TRUE CULPRITS WILL BE HIDING SOMEWHERE, BUT YEAH, TIME THE US INVADES A NEW COUNTRY TO KILL MORE INNOCENT PEOPLE!

AMERIKA, # YEAHHH!!!

You're a braindead piece of filth if you hope NK gets bombed, if you do, you deserve retaliation in the form of a counter attack hitting nothing but civilians as well, but I'm not that sick to actually encourage such a thing, unlike many here. You disgust me.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Lets not forget 2 things here folks 1.They are pushing for women for combat positions as we speak. 2.A war in Korea WOULD mean a draft.
That way they can kill more of us by making the ladies hump a rifle. There will be no Canada or Mexico this time either to run to.
The only successful attack would be one of decapitation and yes they are tracking things now to catalogue movement so they can determine hostiles traffic flow and habits exactly like they want to do here.
I was in Korea in 86,you won't like it ladies.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I guess the weapons system that will actually be used (cruise missiles) is less impressive for a show.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sprtpilot

Cruise missiles won't bust their bunkers...but yeah, the B-2 is a bit showy...

It's the same as saying, "In case you forgot, we can swoop in and drop a nuke on you before you were even aware of it...." Just as NK's threats are though, it's an empty one...but still a good show all the same.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
More "Stick Poking" unnecessary escalation by the US!
What's to be gained by prodding the beast!

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Scaring him to the bargaining table. If we just let it go, it will continue to be their tactic ad infinitum....

At least his daddy knew when to pull back, get some food to shut up, and the world kept on spinning. Lil' Kim has not yet learned this, and he'll either score big, get talked down, or end up getting himself and his regime killed.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Him and his cronies have to go. I can only imagine where most of our aid $ goes.

To him and his other fat cats, black market, back door caviar, Drambui, wonderful California wines, the best cuts of Alberta beef.

Sooner or later he is going to have to go. At the same time lets call in your (USA) debt to China, victors do not pay. And really, who wants to pay for all that cheap crap they sold us at Walmart? Junk.

start rant

OH NO!!!! no new iPhones and iPods for a few years? then look after the one you have, it will go years and years, they are going to run this world up the road if you don't STOP buying all that junk from em 24/7/365 made in china. China is behind a lot of this tension, hacking us, taking our intellectual property, cloning, copying, nothing but cheap copy cats and we all run out like excited kids and buy the stuff.

Wake up.

end rank

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by rigel4

Scaring him to the bargaining table. If we just let it go, it will continue to be their tactic ad infinitum....

At least his daddy knew when to pull back, get some food to shut up, and the world kept on spinning. Lil' Kim has not yet learned this, and he'll either score big, get talked down, or end up getting himself and his regime killed.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by rigel4

Maybe he's living up to his grandfather's image and not to his clown of a father ridiculed by generations...

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Or trying to... You may be on to something there.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Catch_a_Fire

Fact of the matter is if Pyonyang was bombed, it would be mainly be people with direct ties to the regime that would suffer as the real people of NK cannot afford to live there

So that means that if Washington DC was nuked the Regime that is responsible for over 100 wars in the last 60 years would be wiped out, and that every beaurucrat in Washington DC must be part of the regime otherwise they couldnt afford to live there. What utter nonsense...Pyonyang has a population of over 3 M people, hang on they must all be part of the reigime as they didnt depose their leader. Lets kill them all as an example to the world

Meanwhile I didnt see anyone deposing the Bushs or Obama or the Wall St crooks who have bled you dry. Buts lets stick our nose in other countries while back at home high unemployent, disillusionment, trillion $ deficits, bail outs of Wall St. continue by the puppet masters.

Rational thinking...I think not. What no seems to get it that the Berlin Wall came down ( on Russias doorstep ) without a shot fired. I mean seriously I am losing respect for US ATS posters here...do you really beleive that the States couldnt effect regime change if that was their goal. One only has to look at Afganistan Libya Syria Iraq

When a bully feels threatened he lashes out at a weaker opponent

All yo gun toting US patriots cant see the forest from the trees. You are living under a regime, controlled by Washington lobbyists, The Military Industrial, Wall st and Big Pharma...sheesh ...with the size of the US economy in the land of opportunity and in land of the free....at least 80% of you should all have 3 news cars each at least 2 houses, well paying jobs the worlds cheapest Health Insurance....need I go on....where is the proof of your Freedom. Show me that I'm lying.
But TPTB play you well. All ready to rush off to another war...history repeats itself.

directed at the regime,

Who is living under a regime, really?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Respectfully, that is the only threat I see to the "Korean Peninsula", or the world for that matter.

As an analogy, what if your neighbor came out front carrying his rifle and started pointing it around? What would your response be to that?

Just to qualify, he has shot at others in the past, even killing people where he used to live.

Stupid egoist stunt by a warmongering nation...

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The B2 is definitely an escalation and who knows what the next step will be.

I get the feeling that although the west hated his dad, there was some kind of stalemate that ended in the odd spat between North and South (I know lives were lost but they were skirmishes). But his son - Kim Jong Un seems to be much harder to read -= I'm not sure Obama knows how to take him - hence the clearly obvious show of prowess with the B2.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Enough with the threats from NK...America sat too long patiently taking Lil Kims BS. Some may argue that the B-2 was unnecessary, but I say it was VERY necessary to show that "We'll walk the walk if needed" and won't take these threats for too long...

Someone needs to take care of the fat man personally, to avoid mass civilian casualties.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Fatboy Kim must be pissing in his panties when he got news of the B2 flying over Korean skies.

Wish I was there to see him.

He must have had gotten on to his wife's panties by mistake when the news broke, in his rush to get to his bunker while pissing in full.

No one can escape from those silent crafts. Whoever thought up that B2 stunt gets free drinks on me all night if we ever meet up at a pub. :-)

Americans talk softly but carries a big stick. Loudmouthed tyrants sure don't learn, do they? They don't even begin to know who they are messing with....
edit on 28-3-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

You should check the statistics, and compare them to ANY other war, for civilian casualties. I never said there were no civilian casualties, but yes, we did strive to completely minimize them. Even with all the laser precision, etc., there will always be some...but we aren't deliberately going to target civilians.

Funny I havent seen any other wars where Depleted Uranium was used. How do you morally justify the use of DU weapons? But its in the Middle East so who cares, right? And coming from a Super Moderator?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join