It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. B-2 stealth bomber conducts first-ever firing drill in Korea.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

The B-2 has a very low IR signature that can only be tracked at short range. It's a totally different ballgame when going into combat. They have systems that almost eliminate the IR signature on stealth aircraft that aren't used when flying ferry flights, or flights over friendly nations.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
As they'd say, making too many threats might get you a surprise visit. I'd almost bet he didn't see that one coming.

Also I think this is our way of answering the current rhetoric from you-know-who without saying a single word.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
From 2013-02-06 (Feb 6th 2013)

JCS chief hints at preemptive strike

The chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS) said Wednesday that the military was ready to take a “pre-emptive strike” against the North if it showed any sign of using nuclear weapons in the future.

The statement came ahead of a possible third nuclear test by North Korea, and excluded getting prior approval from the United States.

“If there is a clear intent that North Korea is about to use a nuclear weapon, we will eliminate it first even at the risk of a war,” said Gen. Jung Seung-jo at a National Assembly plenary session.

Full Story

I find this interesting. Top brass from the South said that if the North is readying missiles, that a preemptive strike would be in order.

Is one in the works now that Lil Kim is readying his rockets?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
PYONGYANG, North Korea -- Thousands of North Koreans have turned out for a mass rally at the main square in Pyongyang in support of their leader's call to arms.

Chanting "Death to the U.S. imperialists" and "Sweep away the U.S. aggressors," soldiers and students marched through Kim Il Sung Square in downtown Pyongyang on Friday during a 90-minute rally.

State media reported early Friday that leader Kim Jong Un called an emergency military meeting to order the army's rocket unit to prepare to strike the U.S. and South Korea in case of a "reckless provocation" by Washington or Seoul.

A full-blown North Korean attack is unlikely, though there are fears of a more localized conflict. Pyongyang has railed against the U.S. decision to send B-2 bombers for military drills with South Korea.

Huff Post

So looks like he has the support of much of his cult there. Things are cocked and locked and aimed at our troops, threats to the mainland, our allies, can we really allow him to sit there cocked and locked and finger on the trigger as his batteries are aimed at our heads?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Seems like a really pointless risk if you ask me.

B2 Spirit can go anywhere and do anything..do we need to provoke little Un?

Some times an unruly child needs a good smacking

That's China's Job......I have no worries about Lil, Kim......

edit on 29-3-2013 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Obama's fast leaving Kim no way out with moves like this. The logic escapes me

Isn't it obvious?

The more it escalates, the more likely Kim is to either do something stupid, or come to the table to talk. Either way, we win politically.

Seems there are a few here that think B-2 in nuclear terms when it is obviously capable of so much more. A good precision munition down the chimney or in Little Kim's window will make him see the light... even if only a flash.

Another use of the B-2, is delivery of the MOP (Massive Ordnance Penetrator). Unlike the previous bunker busters, which could do 30m, the MOP can do 61m depths. However, some of NK's installations are rumored to be 80m deep, so may take two hits per target. Luckily, that is the payload of the B-2...

We will NOT go nuclear in NK, even if he uses them...you can take that to the bank.
edit on 28-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

I also agree that allies will not go Nuclear UNLESS of course NK do it first and then the allies need to give a lesson, like sadly, (but in a way needed to be done) was carried out over Hiroshima and Nagasaki (but this is my opinion of course)

Wouldn't conventional precision targeted bombing or useage of EMP utilities be the best option (If the worst came to the worst?)

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 29-3-2013 by Rodinus because: crap spelling mistake

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by lnfideI

PYONGYANG, North Korea -- Thousands of North Koreans have turned out for a mass rally at the main square in Pyongyang in support of their leader's call to arms.

Chanting "Death to the U.S. imperialists" and "Sweep away the U.S. aggressors," soldiers and students marched through Kim Il Sung Square in downtown Pyongyang on Friday during a 90-minute rally.

State media reported early Friday that leader Kim Jong Un called an emergency military meeting to order the army's rocket unit to prepare to strike the U.S. and South Korea in case of a "reckless provocation" by Washington or Seoul.

A full-blown North Korean attack is unlikely, though there are fears of a more localized conflict. Pyongyang has railed against the U.S. decision to send B-2 bombers for military drills with South Korea.

Huff Post

So looks like he has the support of much of his cult there. Things are cocked and locked and aimed at our troops, threats to the mainland, our allies, can we really allow him to sit there cocked and locked and finger on the trigger as his batteries are aimed at our heads?

Just out of curiosity, how many countries chant that and at what point will you consider that just maybe the US has gone on a long campaign of oppressing smaller nations.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
One thought ive had lately is that with the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan winding down and major budget cuts looming for the military, if there isnt some propaganda going on to keep things stirred up about NK, Syria and chemical weapons, Irans nuclear ambitions, etc. to help keep the money train going. Peace may not be in the IMC's best interest. I understand we can't take too much guff or ridiculous threats either, just my thoughts on the matter.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Well, having disconnected the phone line what remains, Diplomats? Their probably gone already. He has no more ties left to break. That puts him in an awkward position, with his back up against a wall. I doubt that he is deluded enough to think he can prevail against the might the US can bring to bear. What can he do now? Lob a few artillery pieces across the border? That will surely be a declaration of war, and I'm not sure, but we must have treaties with South Korea in this area specifying we will protect the South and retaliate. After the initial attack from the North we might wait and see, or return fire and ramp up our Air force assets and counterstrike. It won't be about hitting civilians, though there will no doubt be casualties, that's what war is. However, it will be surgical, at which the US is quite adept.

Kim might hit South Korea with some kind of nuke, but I'd think at that point China would come into the fray and give NK an ultimatum, as the fallout would be in their back yard and them affected. China can't do much with the US in the regard of this fray other than stay neutral or side with South Korea, they have too much monetarily to loose if they become combatants against the US. Trade would suffer, and the timing for China is not that they could weather a recession very will without a lot of monetary infrastructure problems with their economy. In the event of war, they will already have to furnish aid, food and necessities to a war aftermath North Korea. That alone will tax their economy.

The military people I have contact with have been silent for the last week and a half, it leads me to believe they are on high alert and preoccupied. This is serious, and is being treated as such.

I wake up every morning wondering what I will find in the news online. One morning soon, I could wake to the last thing I want to read....... that hostilities have commenced. I am a Vet, so I know it's much more than what armchair commando's have any clue to. Talk is cheap, and that's what Kim is facing. He's played all his cards, what next, The inevitable?

Lets hope 'cool heads' prevail.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   

B2 Spirit can go anywhere and do anything
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Not quite, although it most definitely is utter invisible to North Korea's air defences and detection systems- whatever decade they're in...

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Anybody who is ready to discuss geopolitics in this game.

It almost seems that China has decided to lose North Korea. We know North Korea can cause damage but cannot win.

However is that 'damage' desirable outcome for China? What is the game here?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Hatred

Im guessing you have not read about the parents eating children in North Korea or the millions starving or the concentration camps filled with generations of slaves.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Seems like a really pointless risk if you ask me.

B2 Spirit can go anywhere and do anything..do we need to provoke little Un?

When you ratchet up the rhetoric, you better accept the follow through. He's now threatened US citizens with a preemptive nuclear attack on 3 different occasions. Letting him know we have better toys that he does just maybe settles the little fella down a tad. Little Un, now go back to playing Black Ops II and show those preteens just how tough you are.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hatred
The US doing what the US does; using it's Asian puppets to wind up nations who refuse to cowtow to their demands. They've been using the same methods against Iran for years. The US and its citizens wont rest until they have shed the blood of every innocent non US citizen on every continent

Disgusting country, with an equally disgusting and wretched populace.
edit on 29-3-2013 by Hatred because: (no reason given)

Look, Kim Un created his own ATS account. Welcome to the forums. You'll fit in well here.
edit on 29-3-2013 by Bearack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Wouldn't conventional precision targeted bombing or useage of EMP utilities be the best option (If the worst came to the worst?)

Even if NK goes with nukes, we won't. Nor do we need to. The only thing we MIGHT do is tactical nukes for bunker busting, but even then, only with the approval of neighboring states, with full understanding we'd pay reparations for any fallout. But, this is a longshot. The whole reason we developed the MOP was to have a non-nuclear option for NK's deep bunkers.

Targeted bombing and EMP are of limited use due to the way NK is entrenched. Almost their entire C&C structure is through deep tunnels and bunkers. It would be a WAY different war than we saw in the middle east.

The following are my own assumptions....

We'd use our standard tactics (cruise missiles and stealth fighter/bombers along with stealth drones) to take out air forces and tank columns. However, they also have some of these forces in hardened facilities, so will get more planes in the air, and tanks rolling than in Iraq or Afghanistan. But, those planes are largely older MiG-21s, so they might as well have blown up on the ground, for all the good they'll do. A few MiG-29s (with good pilots) will get some air combat kills though.

The war over NK will be way different. We'll use a LOT of drones first...to draw fire, and mark enemy emplacements. Once major targets are identified, B-2's will drop MOPs to take out the main bunkers. It will take longer to establish air superiority over NK, because of hardened and mobile anti-aircraft defenses...but we'll use drones a LOT to reduce casualties. We'll use a lot of low-tech drones too, as targets, to then identify the defenses. Once we feel a safe number of anti-aircraft defenses are negated, we can then use other non-stealth craft for carpet bombing the bunkers and tunnels, first with MOP type weapons to crack them open, then with more conventional munitions to just make it miserable. All of this, while focusing solely on military and manufacturing targets, and avoiding civilian casualties as much as possible.

Carrier groups will be occupied with providing air support, cruise missiles, and dealing with the NK navy, which will be attempting to sink a carrier (if they have any smarts). They may even succeed in damaging/sinking some carrier group ships, but likely not getting to the carriers themselves. If it comes to actual combat, I'll bet we even see tales of pilots steering their own planes into the path of an inbound to save a carrier.

Ground forces will be limited to holding the border, and dealing with the NK forces that get through the DMZ, and those that emerge from tunnels, or other NK special forces that manage to enter SK.

Unless we see the revelation of the HELLADS system or THELs, NK artillery will cause some significant damage in SK before they are taken out by stealth air units and cruise missiles (and return artillery fire and Paladins). The PAC 3 and Aegis 3 portions of the BMDS should be capable of thwarting any missile threat from NK...the PAC 3 was 100% successful in Iraqi Freedom, but I'm not sure on the Aegis in actual combat. Testing results though, were pretty awesome from all reports.

But, no cakewalk. We'll see air casualties, SK civilian and base casualties, and naval casualties, in a battle with NK (and a lot of expensive drones shot down).

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

We're going to lose a bunch of Weasels. The DPRK has a number of ZSU systems, both the 23-4 and the 23-2. The -4 is much more capable than the -2, but both are pretty nasty, and the Weasels will have to get in fairly close to take them out. The 23-4 is getting old, but even old systems can hurt, and if they chose to use it as an anti-armor platform it will chew some APCs up.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I would think the railway-mounted guns which can be moved while under cover of rock, would be more of a threat than tracked vehicle anti-aircraft though...but yeah, we'll see a lot of low tech shot down just to pinpoint the defenses.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yeah, but you use the tracked AAA to cover the railway guns when you move them out. We'll have to get in close to ensure that the railway guns, or their caves are taken down, which means either helicopters (low and slow), and driving A-10s right into the thick of things. That means right down the throat of the 23-4s. While they're getting old, if you fly right into their basket, they're just as effective today as they were when they first came out. And they're enough of a threat that they use them during Red Flag still.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I see most people think the same thing about poking a physco while he is on a rant, not real smart but then again what does this administration do thats smart.

All in all Kim does nothing without mother China saying its OK, N Korea is nothing more then "point stooge" for WW3. This is all about the agenda of who ever is running things like it always has been.

This is about taking your attention off something else or it may be the begening of the end, the one thing I know for sure is no one will know tell it happens, no predictions no, my uncle is in the military said this, just wake up one morning and it will be in your face.

OH, Kim and his mouth running generals will be in China when this happens, we will kill a lot of there military but the half starved innocents in N Korea will take the brunt of the death toll....................just like they always do.

This will be another excerise in the advancement of civility that our species has made in the last 30 K years.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join