It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. B-2 stealth bomber conducts first-ever firing drill in Korea.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
SEOUL, March 28 (Yonhap) - The United States air force's nuclear-capable B-2 stealth bombers carried out its first-ever firing drill over the Korean Peninsula on Thursday, the Combined Forces Command said, sending another strong warning to North Korea, which has threatened a preemptive nuclear attack on the U.S. and South Korea.

The U.S. Strategic Command sent two B-2 Spirit Bombers for "a long-duration, round-trip training mission" from Whiteman Air Force Base in Missouri, U.S, to South Korea in a demonstration of the country's defense of South Korea and to provide "extended deterrence to its allies in the Asia-Pacific region," the CFC said in a release.

Wow, things are certainly heating up, how is little Kim going to respond to this.

It seems like every day now things rachet up a tad.

Full Story

edit on 28-3-2013 by lnfideI because: ~~~~ __/) ~~~~~~

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Thanks for the update. This really is the big test for "lil Un". NK is going to have to put up or shut up soon cause this is getting kinda crazy.

Edit: CNN just chimed in as well. Front page news:

There was no immediate reaction to the U.S. statement Thursday from the North's state-run Korean Central News

CNN link
edit on 28-3-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Ouch...... That was beyond unnecessary. As if anyone in the world needs to see them to know they have the range to be anywhere across it. I mean Kim's being a child with a tantrum ...but if the child's holding a knife or a gun, it's not really wise to push their buttons so hard they snap like a dry branch, either.

Saving face is a huge thing over there...as I understand it? Obama's fast leaving Kim no way out with moves like this. The logic escapes me. At least the B-52 could be debated as having lots of other uses. Iraq saw it far more often than I'm sure they wanted to in 1991. No nukes...just rains of thunder. The B2 tho? Gee.. Why don't we pop a test shot at Johnston Atoll while we're at it. Didn't some idiot do that during the Cuban Missile Crisis? Nothing like a nice road flare in the gas tank to warm things up.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing this information. Who knows what will happen with North Korea. I have been thinking like many times before that they're just trying to get some type of attention. Now I feel it is possible we can go to war since both side have been preparing like crazy during training exercises. It's a crazy world we live in today.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Missouri, U.S, to South Korea, Christ in a hand basket, that is a lot O miles to go to flex muscles.

Is this a situation where the US is saying, if you hit us with anything hard like a Nuke, you wont even see, hear or feel a shockave, it will just be a lights out event for Kim.

Is there anywhere he can get to inside his Country there that would protect him 100% from dieing?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Seems like a really pointless risk if you ask me.

B2 Spirit can go anywhere and do anything..do we need to provoke little Un?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

Some times an unruly child needs a good smacking

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
You continue to fire missiles into the ocean

We conduct firing drills with strategic stealth bombers.

Get the point little kim?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

Some times an unruly child needs a good smacking

We have all seen it right?

The half drunk tough guy running around a party pushing, shoving, yelling, threatening, dancing around like Mohammad Ali, and then BOOM. Someone walks over and knocks him out.

We cant wait for this Kook to light one off. I think its high time to pull out all stops and blitz them into the ground. Then get in there ASAP and help those poor people out with some food, medicine, basics.

This does not have a good ending if it is not nipped soon.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
This is hilarious....it's as if they're winding lil' Kim up.

Meanwhile any DPRK residents near the border see them and think: "Hang on, what the f**k are those things, and why do they manoeuvre a lot better than ours?"

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

this wont be a smacking, this is more like a big brute walking up to a medium size brute and telling him he's a w@nker.

both sides are going to get bloodied until the big brute drops the other guy.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I like the B2 stealth bomber.
Makes me wonder what we have that we don't know about.

IMHO this was a good move on our part.

Even a bully will back off if he knows he can't possibly win the fight.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I understand, what the United States, feel what this demonstration as an anolog of giant poking a rat which has been cornered with a "nuclear" stick... But if you poke rat enough, it's a guarantee, what a rat will retaliate, and try to escape "poking", even if it'll die in a process ...
I hope cooler minds will prevail ...

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
At least the B-52 could be debated as having lots of other uses. Iraq saw it far more often than I'm sure they wanted to in 1991. No nukes...just rains of thunder. The B2 tho?

As a prior crew chief on the B-2 bomber, I can tell you that munitions wise, they have the same capability, both carry conventional, smart and nuclear bombs. The only big difference is that the B-2 can get there undetected. Also, the B-2 only carries nukes while flying if they are actually given the order for a real world possible attack...or accidentally left installed after an extensive nuclear assurancy drills (which happened once and now results in new guidelines, training and tighter restrictions).

edit on 28-3-2013 by iwan2ski because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
well this should show everybody that the US takes the threats very seriously this time and the DPRK probably isn't only barking. The military knows more than we do, we can only guess. Even the South Koreans admit that they do not know how to read the North Koreans this time

SEOUL, March 28 (Yonhap) -- A high-ranking official at Seoul's foreign ministry said Thursday he was concerned about a "growing uncertainty" in North Korea, with the North cutting a military hotline a day earlier and raising tensions yet again.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Seems there are a few here that think B-2 in nuclear terms when it is obviously capable of so much more. A good precision munition down the chimney or in Little Kim's window will make him see the light... even if only a flash. A message straight from the heartland of the great US of A.

No mess... no nuclear fallout and would probably stun the remaining leadership not unlike how a body reacts after the head is removed.

Of course nuclear is a path to take and this shows that capability in spades. Go ahead and release command on missiles heading for Honolulu or Seattle. You MAY get lucky but then you will be faced with a creeping death coming from Central USA and nothing can be done about it.

Personally I think it is a great show and not only to NK. There are other watchers in this world that will learn from this.

I hope that it will not come down to the latter scenario I'm thinking, the nuclear option and I doubt it will. I do feel for the population of Seoul though. They really do not stand a chance.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Well if im being honest i expected the US to do something like this after yesterdays News of NK cutting the last communication line with the south. Personally i dont feel the US has any option but to literally start fighting fire with fire, we can only be threatened so long before having to make a return statement.

Ill be very interested in seeing what NK do now, once the US bomber flew over they should have known we werent going to be bullied into lifting sanctions. Todays fly over will have reasserted that statement, if he doesnt get it now......he never will.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Obama's fast leaving Kim no way out with moves like this. The logic escapes me

Isn't it obvious?

The more it escalates, the more likely Kim is to either do something stupid, or come to the table to talk. Either way, we win politically.

Seems there are a few here that think B-2 in nuclear terms when it is obviously capable of so much more. A good precision munition down the chimney or in Little Kim's window will make him see the light... even if only a flash.

Another use of the B-2, is delivery of the MOP (Massive Ordnance Penetrator). Unlike the previous bunker busters, which could do 30m, the MOP can do 61m depths. However, some of NK's installations are rumored to be 80m deep, so may take two hits per target. Luckily, that is the payload of the B-2...

We will NOT go nuclear in NK, even if he uses them...you can take that to the bank.
edit on 28-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
All I see in NK related threads is a collection of the most retarded, macho tough guy "we're invincible and don't care about the local population" replies.

Someone please xplain to me why an entire nation should be punished for it's being brainwashed and horribly mistreated by it's crazy leader?

Does anyone here seriously think Un and his band of advisors (who are the real blame here imo, as if Un is any less of a stagepuppet than Bush was) will besitting on a rooftop waiting for the bombs to drop? He'll be in a f#cking bunker somewhere if and when bombs drop on NK, only killing civilians and military personnel.

"sometimes a child needs a good smacking" or whatever was said, LMFAO; the child happens to have quite the arsenal at his fingertips, go ahead and slap him yeah, and people think he is insane, lets provoke someone simply because their missile test failed, that must mean it wasnt staged, is still not working properly,etc etcBut whatever, thats not even the point, what IS the point though is that;

BOMBING NK WILL KILL CIVILIANS AND MP WHO HAVE BEEN BRAINWASHED, THE TRUE CULPRITS WILL BE HIDING SOMEWHERE, BUT YEAH, TIME THE US INVADES A NEW COUNTRY TO KILL MORE INNOCENT PEOPLE!

AMERIKA, # YEAHHH!!!

You're a braindead piece of filth if you hope NK gets bombed, if you do, you deserve retaliation in the form of a counter attack hitting nothing but civilians as well, but I'm not that sick to actually encourage such a thing, unlike many here. You disgust me.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strawberry88

You're a braindead piece of filth if you hope NK gets bombed, if you do, you deserve retaliation in the form of a counter attack hitting nothing but civilians as well, but I'm not that sick to actually encourage such a thing, unlike many here. You disgust me.

I think this may have been a little strong.

If your reading the thread properly you'll see that a lot of what is being said is directed at the regime, not the civilians. Fact of the matter is if Pyonyang was bombed, it would be mainly be people with direct ties to the regime that would suffer as the real people of NK cannot afford to live there. These real civilians live in the country like animals, they dont have the shelter of a city.

But you go ahead and label us all like you have.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join