It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Important Day

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

The clip goes on and on describing god, then it is said, "he's indescribable, he's incomprehensible". lol

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

And he's those thing to.

Do you go around mocking people in real life Pops? Just curious..

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

and even if he existed, he would be something to hate.

Again I have had discussions like this before, people think that they are smarter and wiser than God with a superior sense of morality, more advanced than God's. Since God programed us with free will I guess we are entitled to feel and believe that, but the fact is, it is not reality. There are many concepts of human morality all of which have been lauded as the best through history, who is to say which is best among those, our own personal opinion.....like a nose we all have one.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by jiggerj

And he's those thing to.

Do you go around mocking people in real life Pops? Just curious..

NAM, you have a problem with those that disagree with your way of thinking. Where have I mocked? I point out the obvious, and I enjoy the chat. You are the one getting upset. I don't get belligerent if no one is belligerent to me.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
reply to post by jiggerj

and even if he existed, he would be something to hate.

Again I have had discussions like this before, people think that they are smarter and wiser than God

That's just not true, B_J. We do, however, think we are smart enough to see the ridiculous flaws in the bible. God of the bible is NOT all-merciful if he kills people. God of the bible is NOT peace-loving if he tells one army to kill all the men and women of another nation. God is NOT civilized if he teaches people how to treat their slaves. Not FREE the slaves, but how to treat them.

Sadly, there's no need for you to respond because you will defend the irrational god of the bible with nonsense.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Could it be that those were cultural issues, and that much of the OT involves man's interpretation of God with God behind the scenes and occasionally getting an inspired word in edgewise through the prophets. To suggest that if any part of it doesn't hold up that the whole thing must be discarded including the transparent love of God made known through the person of Jesus, doesn't make a lot of sense to me..

Anyway you'll meet him soon enough (although I wish you a long and healthy retirement) and when you do I would imagine that your questions will be answered.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Could it be that those were cultural issues, and that much of the OT involves man's interpretation of God

You nailed it. Isn't it great how people can pick and choose what they want to believe in the bible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join