It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Important Day

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
When you hear that phrase what comes to your mind? Perhaps to some the most important day is when they were born, or perhaps, when the graduated from school, or to many who are family-oriented when they got married, or the birth of a child. To a spiritual man who loves God no doubt he will testify that the most important day in his life was when he dedicated his life to Jehovah God and symbolized it by water baptism.

But what if the question painted was much broader and not just focused on yourself, rather on the entire human race. What was the most important date in human history?

The time of year we are in has many festivities. For example, in Mexico, where I am right now, we're in what's called "la semana santa" or holy week. At the end of it many celebrate Easter and other such pagan holidays with a "garnish" of Christianity on it. But how many religions and festivities of this world really give importance to the most important day in human history?

Now invariably when a post is written about the importance of Jesus Christ some will come to post how he was just borrowed from ancient pagan mythology. Which is quite false.

Not one pagan demon god ever displayed the qualities shown by Jesus while on earth. His love of people, his generosity, his humility, his kindness, and his power. And most of all his zeal for doing Jehovah's will. Their false demon gods were always cruel, selfish, narcissistic, uncaring, and many times absent of morals, being drunkards, murderers, liars, thieves, and so on and so forth.

Jesus was none of the above. He was spotless. He was pure. And the event that transpired 1,980 years ago tomorrow is the most important date in human history.

On the month of Nisan, which is March/April on our Gregorian calender, on day 14th day of the month, or the full moon (the Jewish month was a lunar one, and started on the new moon) Jesus was put to death. Exactly 1,543 years after the Israelties were released from slavery.

On that moon-lit night in Egypt in the year 1513 B. C. E. Jehovah sent the tenth and last plague against Pharaoh that lead Pharaoh to releasing the Israelites from slavery. That plague stipulated that all firstborn males were to die. Only those who spread the blood of a lamb on their door-post would be spared. That blood of the lamb was symbolic of the blood of Jesus, the lamb, that was to be shed in behalf of humankind.

Jesus was in Jerusalem on Passover night. Rightly named Passover, because it was the night the angel of God passed over the houses of those who had exercised faith in Jehovah by listening to his instructions and putting the blood of the lamb on their doorposts. Jesus was a Jew and thus celebrated the Passover feast with his apostles. And then knowing what sort of death he was to die, and knowing that all of the scriptures in the Hebrew scriptures were to be fulfilled in him instituted the memorial of his death.

On Passover the high priest first slaughtered three male lambs, and then as Nisan 14 progressed over 300,000 lambs would be sacrificed to atone for the sins of the people. But the blood even of that many animals did not even begin to come close to the value of the shed blood of the one man, Jesus, in our behalf.

On that date, Nisan 14, 33 C. E. some 1,980 years ago, Jesus laid down is life for all mankind that exercises faith in his shed blood.

Will you commerate the most important date in human history? And the only date which Christians are commanded in the Bible to celebrate and remember from year to year?

This year that date falls on March 26 of our Gregorian calender. These things lay heavy on our minds and in our hearts. And it is good to remember it.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I've encoded it in my avatar including the lunar eclipse which occurred on that very day, but it applies also to this very day as the most important day also because it represents our liberation and reconciliation with the Divine light of life both inerrant and transcendent including the hope for a new age of grace and of reason and spirit and the Spirit and the Bride.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
The most important day is today.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
I've encoded it in my avatar including the lunar eclipse which occurred on that very day, but it applies also to this very day as the most important day also because it represents our liberation and reconciliation with the Divine light of life both inerrant and transcendent including the hope for a new age of grace and of reason and spirit and the Spirit and the Bride.

It is only now in Earth history, however, when man has fully evolved and is capable of observation, that the moon perfectly eclipses the sun.

This fact, that the moon perfectly eclipses the sun while being eclipsed by the shadow of the earth could be seen by man not only as evidence of super-intelligent design pointing to him somehow, but as an allegory of man's relationship to the creator (first father of creation) as the reflected light. It is one, as a meaningful symbolic allegory, that I am convinced Jesus of Nazareth made use of, and then even went ahead and employed during his "great work" where the darkness at midday was a later error because of confusion surrounding the idea of a lunar eclipse which DID occur on Passover Preparation Day (in accordance with the lunar calendar) at about the right time (33AD), and as the only one visible from Jerusalem during the reign of Pontias Pilate. It appeared already rising in the beginning state of a lunar eclipse ie: blood red moon. It would therefore be a useful tool if you wanted to counfound your enemies (how did he KNOW?!). To clarify, when it rose mid afternoon, already moving into eclipse Jesus was already on the cross. So I've integrated it into my avatar.

Here I'll let this guy tell the story (trust me it's a must see, doesn't matter what you "believe" it's got to be of interest - lunar eclipse at the crucifixion)

Happy Easter everyone! (next Friday - it this theory is correct it's the actual annual celebration i.e.: not like Christmas).

NAM

Full moon - a life fully lived.. (not a half life..).

Draw near.. a sign.

The Day of the Cross.

edit on 25-3-2013 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
It never ceases to amaze me how people can get the Passover sacrifice of Jesus confused with the fertility rites of Ishtar/Isis/Diana/Semiramis.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by occrest

Bearing in mind the conditions I agreed to upon joining this website, I am beyond words.

edit on 25-3-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by occrest

I think it has something to do with the historical record..

The Day of the Cross.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

You must be referring to his post then.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

You must be referring to his post then.

That would be an assumption. Would you like a tail with those donkey ears of yours?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Ok then please elaborate in regards to why you agree with him and presume that the crucifixion was not an actual historical event but was made up out of whole cloth based on those fertility rites. Even the moon, yet again, begs to differ with you as well!

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Ok then please elaborate in regards to why you agree with him and presume that the crucifixion was not an actual historical event but was made up out of whole cloth based on those fertility rites. Even the moon, yet again, begs to differ with you as well!

If the moon begs to differ, it can come and tell me. It would certainly be more convincing than the pile of refuse you call a scientific debate.

The rest of it...well, the word 'faith' comes up quite a lot. That should tell you something. Other historical accounts don't even touch that word. They provide 100% verifiable facts. And yet...faith? Pfft.
edit on 25-3-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SubAce

I'm thinking thee most important day will be when everyone puts away their book of fantasies to start living in THIS reality. This day will be the beginning of true learning, when all the children of the world begin to hunger for science and not gods and demons - and realize how stupid it is to not eat meat on Fridays. When all the adults of the world stop killing in the name of allah. When parents teach their kids to be good for the sake of society, instead of being good to avoid eternity in a fiery make-believe hell.

This will be thee most important day.

edit on 3/25/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/25/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

If the moon begs to differ, it can come and tell me.

See the info presented in my post here.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Speaking of stupidity, you know that Einstein didn't say that, right?

Quote Investigator

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SubAce

I will just add God is watching to see if we disrespect or respect the ultimate sacrifice made almost 2000 years ago.
Because, the cost to save the human family was enormous to both Son who died, and his Father, who like any father would grieve as he watched his son tortured to death, to prove Satan a liar once and for all.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

I do not believe that to take upon himself the sins of the world that Jesus had to die as dead as a doornail. From what I can tell he perfectly fulfilled an old prophecy and promise and most assuredly bound up the strong man in the process, but there's evidence that he survived the ordeal by a mere thread in his encounters with his friends after exiting the tomb (hunger, physical wounds on the mend, use of disguise etc). To me, for me, this is a great triumph, and a wonderful possibility, so I've encoded that into my avatar as well (domain of absolute liberation not just for us but also for Jesus who shares that victory with us).

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
reply to post by SubAce

I will just add God is watching to see if we disrespect or respect the ultimate sacrifice made almost 2000 years ago.
Because, the cost to save the human family was enormous to both Son who died, and his Father, who like any father would grieve as he watched his son tortured to death, to prove Satan a liar once and for all.

What are you talking about? GOD killed Jesus. Remember reading how Jesus asked his father to allow this cup to pass before him? Did god do this? No.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

reply to post by SubAce

What are you talking about? GOD killed Jesus. Remember reading how Jesus asked his father to allow this cup to pass before him? Did god do this? No.

So he killed him through inaction? That's irrational.

Christians believe that we all killed Jesus, the Romans were just the tool used.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

reply to post by SubAce

Let me educate you on this topic, Genesis 3:15
God is talking to Satan here

And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her Offspring; He will bruise and tread your head underfoot, and you will lie in wait and bruise His heel.

Jesus heel wound came with a temporary death from Satan as the scripture says, a heel wound can be recovered from. Then later Jesus would delivery a fatal head wound to Satan killing him permanently.

Yes God allowed it, it was part of his purpose to redeem mankind from sin, but Satan orchestrated the killing as per said prophesy.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

So he killed him through inaction? That's irrational.

Soooo, these two are completely innocent and should be set free?

Pamela Smart didn't kill anyone.

I know you will try to say there is a difference between these two and god setting things in motion for Jesus to be murdered. Save your breath, the only difference is this god most certainly had the power to stop it, and didn't. If he were to stand trial, he'd be found guilty as the mastermind behind the murder of his son, and you know it.
edit on 3/26/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join