It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parallel universe evidence compounding at an alarming rate!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
William Katt is alive?
I too remember his 'death' and specifically because my memory involves the memory of thinking about how much I enjoyed that show as I learned of his death... If somebody had mentioned that show to me today, I'd have said ..yes a shame about his early death....
Glitch in the old hard disk.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
All this talk about William Katt (who is very much alive) I so loved the Greatest American Hero!

He was in an episode of Heroes aptly titled The Butterfly Effect...Which if you don't know the synchronicity there well...

Katt's co-star in The Greatest American Hero Robert Culp however did die and very recently. Which I am sure sparked the Greatest American Hero is dead meme
edit on 25-3-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by seamus

Nice thread and evidence is mounting for Parallel Universes. Planck Satellite just confirmed the cold spot in the CMB which Laura Mersini-Houghton made a scientific prediction that this would be the case based on the string theory landscape of 10/500 false vacua. She made this scientific prediction among other ones that have been observed.

I think what you're talking about is what I call Timeline Fluctuations.

These fluctuations happen on small scales. Things like remembering about someone's death or waiving at a friend in the store then seeing them a few days later and they say they just got back in town that morning. Or remembering putting your keys in your pocket and then you find them on the kitchen table.

Things like this occur all the time. You always hear,"I know I did this" or "I can remember hearing about that." These are small scale things and eventually classical reason will say"I must be mistaken." Again, I think this has to do with Parallel Universes and Quantum Mechanics.

So, Quantum Consciousness explains these things beautifully. These things will be hard to accept by the classical brain, so we reason ourselves out of it.

Events that are on a larger scale are harder to fluctuate. Like Hitler, WW2, Bush or Obama as President and more.

I think larger scale events become entangled with a lot of people in our timeline, therefore they are harder to fluctuate. Things that effect smaller scale are easier to fluctuate. This isn't saying large scale events don't fluctuate. I can remember the death of a world leader and I was surprised to learn he was still in power. I just think large scale events fluctuate less frequent than small scale events.

So the quantum state is still in pure superposition on a quantum level and classical observers experience this quantum state in decoherence.

I THINK THE SEPARATION OF QUANTUM MECHANICS AND CLASSICAL PHYSICS IS A SCIENTIFIC TRAVESTY.

I think classical physics is just an extension of quantum mechanics and they're one. Instead they treat quantum mechanics and classical physics as 2 separate theories. This is why I'm so glad to see the emerging field of Quantum Biology.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
This is one of the things that intrigues me as well.

Say... something in our timeline gets changed. Oh.. I don't know, you can let your imagination do the work here. Quite a few possible scenarios can occur.

For example, let's just say someone invents a time machine in the distant future. They used this technology to travel into the past. They accidentally changed something that they are not supposed to, therefore altering the entire course of human history.

Say, the time machine is invented in 2013, someone travels to 1776 during the war era, changed something by accident. Let's just forget about the finer details, like why or what caused the change, let's just say it's all accidental.

Something gets changed, then human history got altered. My question would be, what happens to the rest of us that is currently residing in this 2013 timeline?

Will our reality still be here? Or if someone changed something back in 1776, then subsequently all events shifted, therefore the entire population, including you and me, will just shift into the new reality, without noticing any changes?

For example, let's just say Lady Gaga died in 2013 in our reality, in our timeline. Then all of sudden, due to the time machine effects, accidental changes made in the past, Lady Gaga now lives and does not die like she was supposed to.

So, for all of the population that currently experienced this 2013 time line, where Lady Gaga died... what happens to us? Does all of our memory gets wiped and everyone remembers Lady Gaga is now alive?

Hard to put this in words... but hopefully someone get what I'm saying...

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by seamus

re: OP
To me it just goes to prove memories are unreliable and everybody is mistaken a good amount of the time, even if they are sure they aren't.
edit on 3/25/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by seamus

Op, I have a story about time manipulation, it involved me looking for coincidences surrounding the assassination of JFK.

First time I checked up for UFO's there was a report of a sighting.

A year later I check again, a total of 9 UFO's were spotted with increasing presense over 3 days prior to the assassination. Then I wondered if JFK knew about his predicament, strangely enough he releases a letter and does a televised speech in which he indicates knowns and unknowns, he even pledges to help the russians with a united space program. I believe JFK was tipped off on his fate and the time travel program in the future.

Now we all know what happens next.....

Fast forward to 2013, I read a headline about a man shot 17 times in the head during the JFK assassination with a name as fake as Doug Dougerson. Perhaps this was another illegal time manipulater that was stopped dead by the time police.

I know history is not supposed to change but for some reason it seems that history keeps discovering new things that happened in the past.

A more compelling argument for parrelel dimensions would be poltergeist paranormal activity, look at how the "victims" react then realize that their reaction is the exact action that forced their reaction.
(Woman has doors randomly open and shut repeadtedly, she ties a string to the door to hold it closed, now the door is being pulled away from her while she pulls it towards her, person in alternate dimension thinks they're being haunted, original woman thinks she's being haunted.)
edit on 25-3-2013 by Knives4eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by seamus

Hey there, interesting experience. Has this been happening to you your whole life or is it of recent years that you seem to find these strange anomalies of characters appear and disappear? Have you taken into consideration that the deaths of the people you knew about were hoaxed as some sort of media stunt? Maybe your old man mistook somebody else s advice as yours considering the "red" website. Seeing as you are a person with a keen interest in numerous topics and fields of epistemology there could be a clear overload of information than seems to be causing these patterns of parallel universes affecting your life so directly. I am by no means trying to patronize you ore be condescending in any way, just curious that we do not see more accounts of such subjective observations.

Good things

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker84
This is one of the things that intrigues me as well.

Say... something in our timeline gets changed. Oh.. I don't know, you can let your imagination do the work here. Quite a few possible scenarios can occur.

For example, let's just say someone invents a time machine in the distant future. They used this technology to travel into the past. They accidentally changed something that they are not supposed to, therefore altering the entire course of human history.

Say, the time machine is invented in 2013, someone travels to 1776 during the war era, changed something by accident. Let's just forget about the finer details, like why or what caused the change, let's just say it's all accidental.

Something gets changed, then human history got altered. My question would be, what happens to the rest of us that is currently residing in this 2013 timeline?

Will our reality still be here? Or if someone changed something back in 1776, then subsequently all events shifted, therefore the entire population, including you and me, will just shift into the new reality, without noticing any changes?

For example, let's just say Lady Gaga died in 2013 in our reality, in our timeline. Then all of sudden, due to the time machine effects, accidental changes made in the past, Lady Gaga now lives and does not die like she was supposed to.

So, for all of the population that currently experienced this 2013 time line, where Lady Gaga died... what happens to us? Does all of our memory gets wiped and everyone remembers Lady Gaga is now alive?

Hard to put this in words... but hopefully someone get what I'm saying...

Very good question, I myself have pondered on such strange yet plausible occurrences, the "what ifs" of time traveling.
Maybe by some strange pattern of natural occurrence, if somebody had traveled back in time and changed something, something else would spark a chain reaction to envelop an alternate process that would set about a chain of events to unfold in such a bizarre way the the present would remain the same for us, like some sort of universal time manipulation law. My brain just does back flips within my cranium thinking about it.

Nice one

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Knives4eyes

Where did you find the article about Doug Dougerson getting shot 17 times in the head? Nothing is showing up in my search. It's as if he doesn't exist anymore lol. This is a very interesting topic. I love reading information about time travel, time manipulation, and all that jazz.

Another thing that bothers me is why are we experiencing small changes in time shifts? Why doesn't someone in a parallel universe realize that technology is 10 years advanced, or no one ever landed on the moon? I suppose it takes something big to change time like that.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
OP
As your memory on William Katt is my EXACT memory, can I ask your age?

Im going to offer up another way more likely reason: Subliminally implanted memories.
Let me give a recent example:
I was in the living room sewing, looking away from the crime drama that my husband was watching. I could therefore only hear. The music score was becoming louder and I heard the singer sing "and you won't escape from the 666". I stopped and asked my husband did he hear those lyrics. He said no. He had been thoroughly engrossed in the scene. We rewound, and the scene played out: a female jogger was being chased through the park by a serial killer. As the killer was pouncing on her in the attack was the exact same time that that lyric was sung. That speaking image went into his mind no doubt, somewhere into the subconscious. Subliminal messages work because of this very methodology....we aren't "consciously" aware. But that does not mean that it does not get stored somewhere in our subconscious.

I would therefore offer this up as a valid reason as to how you and I have the exact same memory - to even the detail of thinking "how sad because that was a favourite show" and that he died of cancer. We were exposed to a subliminal message, and when his name is mentioned, it is a 'memory' that we recall...

It's not exciting like 'parallel universes' or alternate timelines, but the danger lies in the fact that someone could use this false memory as proof of something (like the existence of alternate timelines), when in reality it was the same group that subliminally implanted it...if we never knew the truth (subliminal) we could be led to believe a lie..

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
What's really weird is that I remember reading this exact thread a year ago. Damn you Déja vu...

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by seamus

I read through some of the post but there are so many I couldn't find the answers.
I have 2 questions:
1. Have you ever used L.S.D. anytime in the 1960's through 1980's?
2. Have you ever had a near death or what you believed to be a near death experience?

edit on 25-3-2013 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfamousJL3
reply to post by Knives4eyes

Where did you find the article about Doug Dougerson getting shot 17 times in the head? Nothing is showing up in my search. It's as if he doesn't exist anymore lol. This is a very interesting topic. I love reading information about time travel, time manipulation, and all that jazz.

Another thing that bothers me is why are we experiencing small changes in time shifts? Why doesn't someone in a parallel universe realize that technology is 10 years advanced, or no one ever landed on the moon? I suppose it takes something big to change time like that.

I found this article on I believe January 20th 2013, the same time I found an article that suggested to me that Cancer has been engineered by man and also there is a possiblity that fighter jets were flown into the twin towers.

Possiblity that jet fighters were used on 9/11 * I thought this theory was absolutely insane but witnesses were adamant, now I know why

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Now when I first saw cancer......I was very upset because it's supposed to be a theoretical coil, this coil is supposed to use 36 windings, 24 are used with 2 lines with 12 windings each, the last 12 aren't winded up but when a flow is passed through this coil it produces a rotating magnetic field with no moving parts.

oddly enough....looks like cancer and when you find the backstory on cancer before it was called cancer in a laboratory, you'll see the researchers all baffled because they've been working with cancer for decades and had no idea it was real and that it could take on life of it's own.

So they created cancer but didn't know how to turn it on, decades later they find out it's cancer and they admit they have a CHEMICAL that can FREEZE cancer so they can take pictures of it.....

What a load of BS

www.independent.co.uk...

Now for Doug Dougerson.....I cannot find him in the annals of google history, even though it was only earlier this year, infact I have a sneaking suspicion that google is literally censoring my searches and only giving me 3 hits per search....absurd, I remember getting millions of pages per search but now they give me "similar suggestions".
edit on 25-3-2013 by Knives4eyes because: don't bash on my uk news, they usually let me know when I can see a celeb skin flick.....yep judge me all you want, I have a strange fascination with nipples.

edit on 25-3-2013 by Knives4eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
hmmm. very interesting. sounds like the matrix is glitching up.. well whatever is going on doesnt surprize me. we live in a infinite spaced universe and the possibility of multiverse being real gets bigger and bigger the farther you look into space. i myself am trying to recall some incidents of the same caliber. i used to have these real bad vivid nightmares when i was younger. im standing outside and all i see is thousands of shadows of nukes falling from the skies. i look in terror out at the horizon and start to see mushroom cloud after mushroom cloud. i literaly started to feel the heat and my skin vaporizing i look up and a bomb is coming down on top of me. then i wake up in a sweat. my face is extremlly hot as if iv been around alot of heat.... sometimes i think dreams are a portal to a new world. one that i have died many times in...
hope you and us all find the answers.

p.s send me some of dem umbrella tops

peace.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by seamus

Supernatural Issues are happening everywhere,you just have to take notice.
edit on 25-3-2013 by Apollo7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by seamus

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by seamus]Not possible.

to just outright dismiss it as not being possible is ridiculous in my opinion

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

I remember this too !

second line

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I understand that these speculations and theories about time manipulation are interesting and made great basis for SCI-FI stories but all of you here who agree with the OP seem to be disregarding a very important principle when evaluating claims... Occam's Razor.

Not only that, but there are well established experimental results in psychology that show that it is EXTREMELY easy for us to fooled when it comes to memory and perception. Richard Feynman said, "The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."

A while back when I was still in the military I went through a very tough time with PTSD and depression. During that time I was under massive amounts of stress, on medication to combat the depression and other medications for an injury I had sustained. These factors all coallessed into a situation where I was hearing voices (auditory hallucinations) and seeing dark shapes at the periphery of my visual field (Visual hallucination). these seemed absolutely real to me but they weren't to anyone else, I would also apparently have conversations with others that I have no memory of. These are PURELY subjective affects and that ifs exactly what you are presenting here. Psychosis is not the same as time line engineering.

Even the OP should agree based on his self-confessed experiences with hallucinogenics. It is VERY easy to induce these errors of processing into our brains. Meditation accomplishes this, Religios prayer can put the mind into astate where hallucinations are common, starvation and dehydration also have the same effect. There have been scientific studies that show tahat by applied an electromagnetic field through the brain it will induce hallucinations and false memories.

Using Occam's razor here yields the following question: What is more plausible? That an individual has potentialy mis-remembered something and incorrectly reported it or that the timeline is somehow being changed and by some unknown entity for some people and all of these accounts are by denifition mutually exclusive unless we all live on different timelines with different histories.

The idea here is to use the theory that utilises the LEAST amount of unknowns... The whole timeslip hypothesis is not a good explanation at all, I don't care how much you "feel" it is true... yours and my feelings have no influence on the truth or reality.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by seamus

Re: conscious observation---have you read american psycho? By the end I wanted to torture bret easton ellis. But you have a point.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join