It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parallel universe evidence compounding at an alarming rate!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Did I claim I slipped into some alternative reality?

I'm not sure what you are claiming.

You don't believe you might have made a mistaken association with someone whose name is very similar, so.....

I'll be honest - I'm flummoxed.

What are you claiming?

I do not know the person Gloria Grahame.

That makes me even more sure that it was simple mistaken association.

You heard the name 'Gloria Grahame', which didn't ring a bell with you because you don't know her.....but you have heard of Gloria Gaynor.

So you heard that Gloria Grahame died of breast cancer....which is true.

But your brain reinterpreted this as 'Gloria Gaynor died of breast cancer'.....which is false.

your supposition that I confused the names of two women eighteen years apart makes no sense at all.

Would you care to humour me with a 'sensible' explanation then?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by seamus

Parallel universes or time travel maybe even both. There seems to be too many people having strange events happening in their lives, most won’t even discuss them. I just recently started searching for any kind of evidence on parallel universes (most theories) but when I started searching time travel and putting the two together and how it can change someone’s time line that made sense to me.

Everyone is unique in their own mind and process information differently. Memories are still being defined along with the brain function. If any of the above is happening I will say “just maybe some people are not affected and can remember they didn't forget”.

I can’t remember where I heard this “saving information proof” for future reference but it’s a very old school technique and does not change if time changes it’s the old photo graph pictures taken instantly with a Polaroid Instant Camera for one example.

Famous people come to your mind (memory) because it sticks with you in some way shape or form?

Also beware of dark energy trying to confuse you into something different always line it up with the light from your higher-self and God. (Always your ‘choice’ just thought I would share).

You’re not alone on this journey and thanks for sharing!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Socrato
I don't have this sort of memory malfunction.

Well there you go. According to Socrato, you must be crazy. That's settled.

Some f#cking people, man.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Did Churchill suspect the Germans had a real life Time Machine?

“The British and United States took such rumours very seriously”, claims the former agent. “We dare not leave any stone unturned and the prospect of Hitler altering time was extremely alarming to say the least. Therefore we had no alternative but to destroy this secret base and what ever it was inside.”

The gentleman dismissed reports that it was the Allies intention to “steal” or capture the equipment – if indeed it existed.

“Of course there were many discussions between Churchill and his staff over this very sensitive subject”, says the former officer. “But the question nobody dare answer was what if Britain or the United States tempted to use such a piece of equipment themselves?”

Not to mention how many German scientists were brought back to USA and built our space program just food for thought.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by CJCrawley

Did I claim I slipped into some alternative reality?

I'm not sure what you are claiming.

You don't believe you might have made a mistaken association with someone whose name is very similar, so.....

I'll be honest - I'm flummoxed.

What are you claiming?

I'm not claiming anything. I'm merely relating what I experienced.

Originally posted by CJCrawley

I do not know the person Gloria Grahame.

That makes me even more sure that it was simple mistaken association.

You heard the name 'Gloria Grahame', which didn't ring a bell with you because you don't know her.....but you have heard of Gloria Gaynor.

So you heard that Gloria Grahame died of breast cancer....which is true.

But your brain reinterpreted this as 'Gloria Gaynor died of breast cancer'.....which is false.

You are completely ignoring the difference in time that I mentioned before. If Gloria Grahame died in 1981, I was SIX YEARS OLD. The broadcasts I heard about the death of Gloria Gaynor (who I am familiar with as I like her music) occurred in 1999. Thats an 18 year difference. Additionally, when Gaynor's death was announced, the radio shows followed the announcement by playing her song "I Will Survive." My co-workers and I discussed the irony of dying from cancer and having the hit song "I Will Survive."

So to recap. In my memory, which occurred in 1999 (the year I married, so a year I would not likely forget), several radio and news outlets reported the death of Gloria Gaynor (a singer I admired, so I would know who she is) from breast cancer (a not-uncommon form of cancer). The news reports also linked Gaynor with her hit song, "I Will Survive."

You are fond of quoting Occam's Razor....how does it make any sense to mix Gaynor with someone I am completely unfamiliar with and who died when I was six?

Would you care to humour me with a 'sensible' explanation then?

I don't have a sensible explanation...which is the point of this thread. The fact that my experience makes no sense is the entire premise of the OP.
edit on 26-3-2013 by smyleegrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by seamus

"To start: my first experience with this was probably hearing some 10 years ago on the radio that actor Abe Vigoda had died. I didn't think on it a whole lot, but later I was on youtube and saw something recent that involved him. And according to www.deadoraliveinfo.com..., he's STILL ALIVE."

This phenomenon has come up from time to time. The "Abe Vigoda" thing primarily rings clear in my mind, or rather, I remember the 'flap' about whether or not he was alive or dead.
Seems this whole thing came to light a few (6-7-8 ? ? !) years ago. I clearly remember the Abe Vigota thing, just not the time frame exactly.

Of course, we all might question if in fact time travel has altered events as being one explanation? It would be plausible that time was changed..?? Or Could it. Wouldn't that cause paradox's?
But peoples memories are not all that set in concrete.. is President Ford still alive? Zsa Zsa Gabor?, Lee Majors, Bridget Bardot?....
Point is, we loose track of personalities.... As for personal interactions, that might be some clue as you have inferred. But if time changes due to time travel were apparent, wouldn't the paradox cancel them out? Curious..

edit on 26-3-2013 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

In my memory, which occurred in 1999 (the year I married, so a year I would not likely forget), several radio and news outlets reported the death of Gloria Gaynor (a singer I admired, so I would know who she is) from breast cancer (a not-uncommon form of cancer). The news reports also linked Gaynor with her hit song, "I Will Survive."

It must be a false memory.

Because there is absolutely no evidence anywhere to back that up.

Apart from you and your mysterious "co-workers", that is. And they're not saying anything.

A quick google search turns up nothing at all.

So, my question to you is this: if it's not a false memory....how do you explain it?

And if you say, "I can't explain it," isn't it more likely then to be a false memory?

how does it make any sense to mix Gaynor with someone I am completely unfamiliar with

I don't know......the same first name, the not that dissimilar surname?

The fact that she died of breast cancer?

Am I getting warm?

The fact that my experience makes no sense is the entire premise of the OP.

You got that right.

edit on 26-3-2013 by CJCrawley because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by CJCrawley

You are content with believing that I have a false memory of this event. That is okay by me. Obviously, considering alternative possibilities doesn't sit well with you, and that I understand. So call it a false memory if you like.

Although why you feel the need to disparage my story, and my "co-workers," is quite beyond me. Do your quotation marks indicate that you doubt I was employed? At the time I was in pharmacy school and working full-time in a pharmacy. Not that it matters as far as this thread is concerned.

I have no explanation for what I experienced. Some folks are comfortable with accepting that there might not be a mainstream explanation, and some folks aren't. So we'll just have to agree to disagree.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by seamus

Multiple personality disorder. It is not uncommon and is more and more likely to effect more Americans.

But it is not a mental problem it is a spiritual one.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Lostmymarbles

Perhaps you were thinking of Theillard de Chardin.

Incidentally, are you familiar with the Ummo material? It was there that I learned about de Chardin.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by seamus

seamus, it does no harm to get your blood checked. Give the Dr some bogus complaint, or tell them the truth. You're having problems with your memory. They draw the blood, run the tests, review them with you and explain what the results mean.
If everything is normal, cool. If something is wrong and they want to write you a 'script, then that's cool too. If they want to refer you to some speciality, or want to see you again, let them make the appointments, then call and cancel them. Don't get the prescription filled. But above all, get copies of your lab work and file it at home.
(To all of ATS, Keep copies of your medical records, including hospital admissions, at home. It may save time if you have to be admitted to the hospital for something serious.)
This does not mean I don't take you seriously. I do. I thought Abe Vigoda and Larry Hagman were dead. I couldn't believe when he was touting the Dallas reboot. Now, if Elvis shows up in Vegas...(LOL)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptanMad
My best friend has a daughter. Well he can swear down that he had another.
He had two daughters! Then suddenly he was staying at his parents and only had one.
Needless to say he didn't understand, and put it down to depression after a break up he couldnt remember happening.

Wait a sec that's really interesting - do you have any recall of this? What was the other daughter's name, who was her mother? Were both girls from the same mother? When did your best friend start saying these things - can you work backwards to a 'divergence point' (the point where the possibility of having a 2nd daughter or NOT having that second daughter would arise and give birth to the two storylines, where he seems to have jumped sideways...assuming he's not just plain ol' crazy). Would love to hear back with more details!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I'm sorry if you thought I was singling you out, that wasn't my intention.

But when I saw your first post I knew straight away that you were getting muddled up with Gloria Grahame, so I had to put my two penn'orth in.

I don't necessarily believe these theories are too outlandish by the way.

The universe is much weirder than we could imagine, certainly if half the stuff we hear from theoretical physicists is to be swallowed.

There may be an infinity of parallel universes existing beyond yet extremely close to our own.

It's just I have yet to be convinced by any evidence I have so far confronted that these alternative realities impinge upon our own.

The simplest explanations always seem to win out.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItsEvolutionBaby
No one has come across this site?
Who recalls Nelson Mandela dying in prison in '89 or '90?
There are other 'slips' with famous people who have passed, then they haven't..

mandelaeffect.com...

The only correlation pulled from reading is that those who experience it, have all had near-death experiences.

Does that strike home with anyone?

OH MY GOD, This has bothered me FOREVER!!!

I was SURE that he kicked it and I remember reading about it and I remember being really #ing surprised when he was...ALIVE! I tell you, I'm not crazy and I still don't know what happened and how this is possible.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I've only read the first few replies, and while the story of your father does bring up interesting issues, the other aspects make me think of someone who is having dissociative episodes. Old verbiage was multiple personality disorder. While I am certainly not about to diagnose you as one such person, your accounts of not remembering conversations is similar to such episodes based on my studies in college many years ago.

There are competent tests to help if that is a possible answer to what is happening to you. Before I jump to alternative universes and time lines, I look for the more mundane answers albeit uncomfortable for one to consider I am sure. I would ask you if you ever suffered serious trauma and / or abuse in your life. Do you have episodes of your life that are just blank? Many people who have suffered terribly cannot recall years of their life as their mind simply blots them out due to the emotional and spiritual pain they cause. I had a friend who could not remember anything before the age of seven. We never did come to understand why that is, but her early life is a complete blank and she did have some emotional issues which would become apparent when she felt stressed. Interestingly, she was a psychiatric nurse in the facility where I worked which is fairly common to find individuals working in the psychiatric field who have suffered emotionally.

I am not calling you crazy. I do think you should see a competent psychiatrist who is not pill happy. I wish you well.
edit on 26-3-2013 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I'm uhh, late to the party, but had recently been remembering (yet again) the movie called 'Ground Hog Day' with Bill Murray...

Some interesting info here, albeit not so 'technical'.

Ground Hog Day Loop

A Groundhog Day Loop episode can often be identified by the presence of several odd little events that are given full camera focus, yet don't have any apparent significance or relation to anything else.

Our minds can focus much like a camera, hence the noting of 'odd little events' IMO.
Cool thread OP!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Here's a different angle on the parallel universe theory that involves my (very apparent) travel to a physical place:

On September 20, 2003 I went to a convenience store that's near where I lived at the time in Austin, TX. Before going in, I was a bit startled that they'd "remodeled" and wondered how I'd missed such a big construction job. The door was in a different location. The checkout area was on the opposite side as before, and there were "new," different fixtures, features. At the time my mind perceived the interior as being new and definitely nicer and brighter than the store I was used to, but in retrospect it didn't look BRAND new like a freshly remodeled establishment. When I got to the counter to purchase my items, I thought they'd gotten a bargain on a used wooden counter that replaced the cheaper, linoleum-covered one that was there previously on the opposite side of the store. The people working at the store were different, not the same guys.

Imagine the Twilight Zone effect when I returned to the store 2 weeks later on October 4 only to find it exactly as it was prior to the "remodeled" day on September 20. No changes at all. The only explanation I can conceive of is that it was a venture into a (or the?) parallel universe! Or whatever it was, it wasn't a hallucination or dream. I USED the products I bought in the store in that alternate world in this world, and there was nothing else dream-like about it. It was reality as we know it here to the smallest of details. I have no idea at what times I entered the other world and when I came back to this one.

For argument's sake, IF what happened was merely schizophrenia or whatever else hallucinatory, it's an unknown and VERY subtle, very insidious form of it that bears no resemblance to known cases like John Nash (A BEAUTIFUL MIND). I don't see how mental illness could explain how I was able to keep and use the store items I bought in the (very apparently) parallel universe.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Lightworth

Your story is the type of story that gets my attention.

Mostly because there is no "a friend of a friend said" or "after taking such and such a drug i went to this magical world"

Based on what very very very little i understand about quantum physics it seems it would be possible to step into another dimension or parallel universe.
And that stuff im totally into.

I just dont understand how anyone would know if a time shift had happened or an alternate time path had been created.

Wouldnt anything from the old time line no longer exist or have never existed and therefore no one would have any memory of it because technically that old time line just got snuffed out of existence including the memory of it?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

You might be thinking of Donna Summer, who died of cancer in 2012.

Sorry, just caught up on your posts. If it happened in 1999 it couldn't have been Donna.
edit on 3/26/2013 by fomalhaut because: Update

edit on 3/26/2013 by fomalhaut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by sefhinny
reply to post by seamus

Just out of curiosity, how close in chronological order were these events? Were they all strung out?
Yes, all strung out. But lately it's been happening more. It's been more 'clustered' but I haven't reached the end of any cluster yet, so it could simply be increasing. Good question.

Any pattern you can conclude if you logged?
Just that I and someone else (in cases not relating to celebrity deaths) remember a mildly significant event very differently.

Why do you think such insignificant things are notice d?
I lean towards Aspergers. So does my Engineer father, and most other people I would call 'friends', with the notable exception of James in Sedona, who experiences Deja vu almost daily. He was the first who alerted me to the uptick in discontinuities.

Why do you think it's not something bigger like vacations you never went on, etc?
If you read the thread, you will find that it is sometimes something bigger. Like a missing member of a soccer team. (sorry, football!) I don't experience those, because I don't need to. Causality lies outside our experience, in my view.

What is your gut feeling when you first receive these "errors"? (i.e when you talked to your dad).
I don't see it as an error. I see it as two differing realities converging into the present.

And finally, do you think now that you have connected these events in your mind and are aware, will you discover more minor "events" now that you are paying close attention?
No, i haven't made any connection between the events. I can detect no proximal 'cause'. But thank you for your questions, they have helped me to examine the evidence in my brain more closely

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join