It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parallel universe evidence compounding at an alarming rate!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I don't start many threads, but I just ran into something that I find TOO WEIRD and synchronistic to NOT talk about.

In this thread I will focus on mnemonic evidence for parallel realities. That is, incidents which one person remembers with absolute clarity, while another person doesn't remember at all, or better yet, the internet provides evidence never happened.

To start: my first experience with this was probably hearing some 10 years ago on the radio that actor Abe Vigoda had died. I didn't think on it a whole lot, but later I was on youtube and saw something recent that involved him. And according to www.deadoraliveinfo.com..., he's STILL ALIVE.

But that's just for starters. A few years later, I was working in the garage on a car for my father, and I heard (on the radio again) that Christopher Lee had died. Wrong! He's still alive, too! This has also happened with Larry Hagman, whom I had heard died about five years ago. I thought it was sad, and when I heard the news I thought of the film he was in, "Last of the Good Guys", wherein he played a motorcycle cop whose bike fell over on him and killed him, with a slightly-comical twitch of the feet. Then, last year, I saw him on CNN touting the reboot of "Dallas". I was gobsmacked, again!

Two years ago, my friend James from Sedona, AZ told me about his friend who, when he offered him a cigarette (as was his custom when they were outside for a break from their stained-glass business), said he hadn't smoked in five years. But my friend knew him to practically be a chain smoker. He assumed his friend was joking, and pressed him on it. The friend got angry and said that if he didn't stop he was going to leave him to finish the window himself. James never saw him smoke again until a year or so later when he took it back up.

About a month after that incident, he and I had a conversation in which (in my version) he brought up an idea for a book he'd had. I thought it was a great idea, and the next time we talked, I brought it up again. But he said it had been my idea, and remembers me describing it to him! Yes, we are on similar life paths, but that's just eerie.

About two months after that, my father told me on the phone that he was going to get a certain elective surgery I remember very clearly asking him after the fact how the procedure had gone and he told me he was pretty much staying in bed for 3 days, changing the dressing every few hours, etc. When I returned to Tennessee, somehow the subject came up and I asked him how it had healed. He denies ever having had the procedure, and offered to prove it.

Just a couple of weeks ago, he asked me about a certain website I had told him about. He described it, and said it had the word 'red' in the name. I told him i didn't know what he was talking about. He said "sure you do, you stood right there and told me about it." Well, I said that if it had red in the name, he could just type red into the address bar, and any website with the word 'red' in the page title would show up in the drop-down menu. He did so and immediately found it. I said "I've never seen that site before", and proved it to him by doing the same in my browser on my computer. No red anything. I never delete my history, because I'm interested in so many subjects that bookmarks become unmanageable. That's weird, don't you think? He has evidence of a site he says I told him about, yet I have evidence that I've never been to that site!

And to top it off, today I was on Netflix and they suggested a film called "Alien vs. Hunter" from 2007, starring William Katt. Well, in the universe I come from, William Katt died around 2001 from cancer! I remember that very clearly because "The Greatest American Hero" was one of my favorite shows as a kid, and "House" one of my favorite films, even to this day. Come to see, deadoralive info says he's still alive! Oh and that's just the first part. I thought to check on Robert Culp, whom I remember died some time ago, who was Katt's costar on "The Greatest American Hero". Turns out he died three years ago ON THIS VERY DAY. Weird doesn't even begin to cover that!

What the hell is going on? Is someone trying to tell me something?
edit on 24-3-2013 by seamus because: meh

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I don't have this sort of memory malfunction. Have you ever asked a doctor about this or gotten your blood checked?

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Socrato
I don't have this sort of memory malfunction. Have you ever asked a doctor about this or gotten your blood checked?
Blood?
What does my blood have to do with my memory of what I heard on the radio? And Doctor? You mean those Big Pharma drug pushers who get a hard-on just thinking about what disorder they might be able to diagnose in me so they can get some more fat cash kickbacks? Nie, danke!

I don't think it's a memory malfunction. I think it's evidence of the convergence of previously-differing timelines.

Edit to add: did you miss the part about the website?
edit on 24-3-2013 by seamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Hhhrrrrmmmphhh.......

And here's me thinking CERN had turned up something interesting.

Entertaining stories though, especially that one about your dad's phone call.

Whooooaaa, too much of an overshare.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CJCrawley

yeah well, it's pertinent, because that's not the kind of think you would make up in your 'imagination', ya know?

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I believe you will find threads discussing time line changes. I do not know if a time line has changed but I remember someone who had cosmetic surgery about a year ago. I've spotted her recently and there is no sign of any cosmetic surgery. It is like she never had it. Something weird is going on. Maybe some people are slipping into alternate realities. Makes me wonder how that could happen. One disturbing thought is that I fell asleep while driving home one night and died. However my consciousness simply popped into another reality in basically the same body with no memory of dying. Why I would remember a different reality as if doing so overwrites the memories in this reality or whatever reality is about just as disturbing.

I entered the twilight zone some time ago but this reality is pretty close to the last one.
edit on 24/3/13 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

Your postulated possibility seems plausible. Not really disturbing to me, because I'm a hardcore psychonaut. About the only thing that's ever really scared me has been Salvia Divinorum (it was legal when and where I did it, mods, don't get your panties in a bunch) and large amounts of that umbrella-shaped groundfruit.

Heck, we've got elementals (Cherokee "Little People") on the property here, and I've seen them, so I'm not ruling anything out.

It makes me think of the Jet Li movie, "The One", except I'm not meeting another 'me', my consciousness is being transferred somehow to that other 'me'.

Edit to add: the reason I posted is because there have been about three of these "dis-synchronicities" in the last month in my experience. There seems to be an acceleration. Only the one about the website was interesting enough to remember clearly. (and i still haven't been to that web site). It could actually have something to do with CERN, IMO.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by seamus

Regarding the website... could it be at all possible that someone else told him about it, and he's mistaken? I have those kind of brainfarts all the time.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75
reply to post by seamus

Regarding the website... could it be at all possible that someone else told him about it, and he's mistaken? I have those kind of brainfarts all the time.
Not possible. His memory is like swiss cheese, and unless I had actually told him about that website name, standing at his bedroom door, just as he said I did, he wouldn't have remembered it long enough to type it in. and he's not very computer literate (obviously, from me having to explain the address-bar history thing). No one else even goes into that part of the house.

ETA: And I do get brainfarts all the time. But these are different, in a huge way. I swear I'm going to start taking notes every time i hear of a celebrity death.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by seamus

All I will say is that I distinctly remember watching the movie "The Country Bears" before it came out when I was little. I remember watching it with my family when I was about 7 or 8 on TV. When it "actually" came out in 2002 and my family was going to the movies to see it, I didn't go, and I told my family that I had already seen it and that they had too. They had no recollection of seeing it.

This is the only experience I've had in my life that reminds me of what you are speaking of. The funny thing is, I told my family the entire plot of the movie before they left to go see it. They were stunned when I was entirely right about what happened. It was not like how it is today where I could have looked it up. We didn't have Internet in my home, and I was only 9. I didn't look up the plot or anything, I can very distinctly remember watching the movie at least a year before it came out.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Socrato

I also agree with you, speculating about parallel universes is to him more logical than considering that as a "hardcore psychonaut" he may have suffered some damage in his apparatus for input processing and memory retention... Reality is only on the mind of the observer...

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyn50

That's pretty cool! I don't have any memory of something like that, but the more I think about it, the better an idea it seems to start training myself in observation and registering the sights I see every day. Such as what color dress the woman at the checkout counter is wearing, or whether the sky is cloudy or sunny or if it's windy. Conscious observation will always serve one better than simply "paying attention to the 'important' stuff".

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Time stream slipping has been happening a whole lot more frequently in the recent years, and I am glad that other people are expressing these concerns as well.

Now the question becomes one of - how do we start providing evidence of this (other than anecdotal stories).

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by seamus

What's funny is that I was shocked to see Jon Voight on the T.V. the other night. I could have sworn he died a couple years back. Maybe he did... who knows?

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by kamebard
Time stream slipping has been happening a whole lot more frequently in the recent years, and I am glad that other people are expressing these concerns as well.

Now the question becomes one of - how do we start providing evidence of this (other than anecdotal stories).
Conscious observation, taking notes of what one hears on the news.... There are two ways right there.

Just remember: history is NOT subject to scientific (cartesian) method. No matter what the self-proclaimed adepts of logic want you to think, what happens in an ephemeral system (history, existence) is by nature ephemeral. The cartesian method allows for no true knowledge. There will always be doubt, and for this the cure is simple: To thine own self be true. Rigorous internal logic and honesty will bear more relevantly to experience than repetitious experiments in test tubes and beakers and atom smashers.

Edit to add: Anecdotal evidence is perfectly acceptable, if one's source is vetted to a degree which YOU find acceptable. The elevation of "scientific" evidence above one's own testimony is, IMO, a little crazy, and part of the reason we have inhumanity in life so abundantly today.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75
reply to post by seamus

What's funny is that I was shocked to see Jon Voight on the T.V. the other night. I could have sworn he died a couple years back. Maybe he did... who knows?
are you sure you weren't thinking of Tom Skerritt? Oh, wait... He's still alive too. Funny, I thought HE had died some time back.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I've had people insist that I told them something or gone somewhere with them. Upon open minded questioning I found that they were with someone else or that It happened when they were supposed to be doing something with me but got someone else to help. I have even done that myself, thinking I had done something with someone that was supposed to but had to cancel. We can't remember everything.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyn50

I've similar experiences like that happen a few times, of watching or seeing something years before it actually was made or came out. Goose bump moments that make me go, "WTF?!?!"

There are other things kinda like what the OP had mentioned that has occurred randomly throughout my life. Also "deja vu" moments that felt almost like a dream / daydream which end up occurring months later. Still waiting on those powerball numbers to do the same

There was a French (?) priest who wrote and discussed how he believed all minds are connected like a network, almost like what Edgar Cayce said. I forget the priest's name but I believe it started with a "T", will look it up and add it when I find out.

But maybe not only are all minds connected together in this world but also connected to parallel worlds? Which might be why we sometimes have memories that no one else remembers, or remember seeing things before they happen? The brain is just an amazing thing that we are clueless about, in terms of true potential. Anything is possible.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Im all for time slips and parallel universes ect.

But at the same time isnt the simplest explanation usually the most correct?
Like miss-hearing stuff on the radio or people being reported mistakenly as dead which has happened and then they get on twitter reassuring everyone that they are infact not dead.

Or even brain malfunctions memory malfunctions ect.

OP the least you could do if you want to be a little scientific about the subject is at least see a doctor so you can rule out any conditions that might be affecting your memory.

Then i will take your theory a bit more seriously.
Dont get me wrong.....I do believe in other dimensions,time slips, parallel universe's ect.
But i also prefer to rule out the simplest explanations first.
And only after the simplest has been ruled out would i then start to look into other more fringe type possibility's.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
There is a 50 page thread about this. Dead Celebrities That Are Now Alive

I only have one instance of this. Gary Coleman. I remember him dying the way he actually died, but I remember it happening about 4-5 years prior. I remember standing in the kitchen of a daycare I worked at listening to a radio show that talked about it for like an hour. I quit working there in 2006. If you google it, Gary Coleman died in 2010. That has always stuck with me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join