It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parallel universe evidence compounding at an alarming rate!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgFox
I understand that these speculations and theories about time manipulation are interesting and made great basis for SCI-FI stories but all of you here who agree with the OP seem to be disregarding a very important principle when evaluating claims... Occam's Razor.

Not only that, but there are well established experimental results in psychology that show that it is EXTREMELY easy for us to fooled when it comes to memory and perception. Richard Feynman said, "The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."

The idea here is to use the theory that utilises the LEAST amount of unknowns... The whole timeslip hypothesis is not a good explanation at all, I don't care how much you "feel" it is true... yours and my feelings have no influence on the truth or reality.

Interesting that you mention this because you seem to be disregarding a very important fact, I was dead sober and looking directly at a timecraft while it prepped itself to "leave". Now an average person would say this was a UFO and then go about life claiming ET exists, a more perceptive person would realize that nothing is impossible and diligently learn how to explain exactly what he saw.

Dimensional travel exists, for anyone to say otherwise is the equivalent of saying unicorns exist and you have 2 in your backyard. Yes for every single person who says it does not exist, you might as well say you are breeding unicorns, my eyes don't lie.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I too remember Christopher Lee dying. It was around the last Lord of the Rings movie or shortly after the trilogy was done. It was a very sad time. At first I thought it was Ian McKellen who plays Gandalf but no, it was the man who plays Suroman. Yet here was Lee in the Hobbit as Sauroman.

what is going on?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Its enlightening to see how many of you are either completely ignoring or ridiculing anyone who attempts to apply Occams razor or any sort of scientific study or are asking for some basic conditions to be met so as to rule out certain things.

Yeah i believe all this stuff is possible......But you guys are just feeding each others delusions.
Try applying some basic scientific principles to the subject without relying on hearsay.
You might actually get closer to some real answers then.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
OK. False memories created by the brain for some reason or unconscious slipping between parallel universes. What is the more likely explanation? Occam's razor would suggest the former. The only problem stopping us from accepting the simpler explanation is that we want to have a reason for having the false memory in the first place - especially when it feels so real - but we don't have one. So we prefer the more exotic one because it does not imply incipient dementia or mental illness of some kind is overtaking us.....

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by seamus

I just had to post an off topic comment...salvia divinorum was responzsible for some of the most amazing experiences I have ever had!

Back on topic....I have had similar incidents as the OP, but I have always attributed it to my poor memory. I think I need to start paying more attention because this has me intrigued....as far out as it may seem lol.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
So if I'm beside myself does that mean......??

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Here is a web page that is inferior in every way to ATS but this has some story's about time and dimensional slip's, there will be thread's on some of these such as the woman in the Charlie Chaplin movie.
paranormal.about.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

Those old timey black and white movie " time slips" were all debunked, from her iPhone hearing aid to the hipster in 1940 germany...but the stories from people that you would never expect are very interesting indeed.

The author of Alice in wonderland is one mind blowing example.
edit on 25-3-2013 by Knives4eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
A lot of people blame it to false memory. But I do have a first hand proof of this parallel universe happening in our midst now. I have two keys for my car, which I bought second hand, btw, so I have no idea why there are two keys for the car. One key is for the engine and the door lock but it cannot open the trunk. The other key, which is covered by a rubber tube, can open only the trunk and cannot be used to start the engine and open the doors. The rubber tube cover for one key is used so that the keys can be distinguished from the other. I bought the car around ten years ago so it has always been like this and I have no problem with it.

Then in the middle of December last year, something strange happened. My car key covered in rubber tube cannot open the trunk anymore! Surprisingly, it can open the door now and also start the engine. The other key can now open the trunk as well as the door and start the engine. This is really weird and I cannot blame it to faulty memory else what is the use of the rubber cover to distinguish the keys. I have the car for ten years now and I always open the trunk using the key with a rubber cover. It was only last December that the key with a rubber cover doesn't work on the trunk anymore. It's really strange and I believe that I shifted in a parallel universe just a little bit.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Well in my theory of alternative realities, all timelines come with their own past, so there's no reason you should be remembering things differently unless you've been dabbling in too much substance. Or perhaps all the realities are converging for some reason and causing disruption between the various selves.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knives4eyes

Originally posted by AgFox
I understand that these speculations and theories about time manipulation are interesting and made great basis for SCI-FI stories but all of you here who agree with the OP seem to be disregarding a very important principle when evaluating claims... Occam's Razor.

Not only that, but there are well established experimental results in psychology that show that it is EXTREMELY easy for us to fooled when it comes to memory and perception. Richard Feynman said, "The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."

The idea here is to use the theory that utilises the LEAST amount of unknowns... The whole timeslip hypothesis is not a good explanation at all, I don't care how much you "feel" it is true... yours and my feelings have no influence on the truth or reality.

Interesting that you mention this because you seem to be disregarding a very important fact, I was dead sober and looking directly at a timecraft while it prepped itself to "leave". Now an average person would say this was a UFO and then go about life claiming ET exists, a more perceptive person would realize that nothing is impossible and diligently learn how to explain exactly what he saw.

Dimensional travel exists, for anyone to say otherwise is the equivalent of saying unicorns exist and you have 2 in your backyard. Yes for every single person who says it does not exist, you might as well say you are breeding unicorns, my eyes don't lie.

For the record horses are hooved animals many of which have horns, there is no reason to believe that at some point in history, horses with horns did not exist.

Take the example of dragons, why is it considered impossible for there to have been flying reptiles in the past???

edit on 25-3-2013 by Kashai because: modifed content

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Warchief666
Hi Seamus,

Would DeJa Vu tie into your theory? [...]I have always knew what was going to be said and what was going to happen. I would say in my lifetime it has happened to me maybe thirty times.[...]
Over and Out

cb
Well, there might be some connection, but I rarely get deja vu. I like it. It's fun. But I don't get more than 3 or 4 a year. I'm lucky to get 3.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by seamus

I never met my father, and my mother wasn't close to any family members, so no one else could have told me this story:

When I was a kid my mother told me that we had an ancestor that was a horse thief in France. At that time the prisons were full, and France shipped some of the prisoners to Australia, and some to Canada. This ancestor was dropped off in Canada, slipped down into the U.S. and changed his name to avoid the shame of his past.

Years later, as I was mentioning this to someone, my mother overheard and asked me where in the world did I ever get that idea? When I reminded her that she told me, she denied it. I could tell on her face that she was telling the truth. But, as a kid, I couldn't possibly have invented such a story. I didn't even know I had French in my blood until I asked my mother where we came from (when she told me the story).
That's quite interesting. I would think might have more to do with genetic memory. I just recently found out that I am descended from Sir Thomas Farley, who was a descendant of Lord Walter de Falaise, cohort of William the Conqueror, first Norman king of Britain. I have always loved everything French (except their attitude), and never had a clue as to why.
edit on 25-3-2013 by seamus because: king, not kind.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
why i came in this thread with expectations high for some breakthrough in quantum physics
Sorry, wrong kind of evidence! This is experience, not analysis.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXSvenXx

Originally posted by heineken
why i came in this thread with expectations high for some breakthrough in quantum physics

Yeah im not seeing any evidence...just people feeding each others delusions.
You are deluded if you think that the world around you is anything remotely like your perception of it. Anectodal evidence is historical evidence. And if you didn't get it last time, history does not belong to the realm of 'scientific facts', but nonetheless, things that have happened, have indeed happened. You are derailing a thread in the philosophy and metaphysics forum. Philosophy and metaphysics, in case you didn't know, are not primarily or even secondarily about the use of Cartesian scientific method to explain phenomena.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
I remember, very clearly, hearing that the singer Gloria Gaynor had died of breast cancer. It was on the radio and television news. The reason it stuck with me is because she sang the song, "I will survive" and I thought it rather ironic.
[...]
I remember this somewhat clearly. Because when I heard it (followed by a blurb of the song), I thought to myself "Oops, guess not any more!" Yeah that might have been mean

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrConspiracy
maybe you're slowly going into the 5th dimension. I've heard a lot of people talking about it and it seems a wonderful place to be. However un-realistic it sounds, i hope its true..

i can't explain what's happening to you. BUT it's interesting. Do you think the internet is the link between such realities? IF. of course, alternate realities are proven to exist.

fun and scary all at once.

edit on 25-3-2013 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)
I'm not sure, but the internet does provide A link between consciousnesses that was not possible before. And by consciousnesses, i do mean realities.

Every man an island, every song for you.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by seamus

We all interpret things we hear and see differently. You may have been in the doorway talking about something and your father was thinking about something he had seen on the net and related it to you because of something you were talking about. That can happen and I find it happens for a reason. Look at the site he is talking about with an open mind and you may find it contains something that is pertinent to your life. Don't jump to the wrong conclusions, the others can put memories into us that are there for a reason. Don't even ask me who the others are because I don't really know. They are the moderators of this reality.

Let me be more explicit: When I said he could not have found the site on his own, I meant that. He told me about the web site, he showed me its subject matter, and then later when I wanted to find it on my own I could not. He had to show ME where the site was. The reason I don't mention the name/address is that it concerns a subject that is verboten on ATS.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwisoop
reply to post by seamus

Reading this article takes me back to an idea in which our reality is not just one continuous line. Our reality is more of an interstate in which you could possibly stay on the same path the whole way through your life, but you could make a decision that takes you off of your main path, similar to taking an exit on the interstate. And these "visions" or whatever you would like to call them would be your mind taking memories from your original reality in which you don't live in anymore so they are false memories.
That's sort of what I'm talking about, but in my view, all experience is real experience, whether or not someone else shares it, or whether it happens in the "common reality space". That means that, to the schizophrenic (like my adopted brother), the voices are real. They are as real as anything else in their reality, most of which matches mine on the physical plane.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kody27
reply to post by seamus

How very scientific of you.
Sheesh, when will you billiard-ball people get it that history doesn't go in the same bin as physics? But it's cool and funny about Abe Vigoda. So, okay I'll write that one off. That's only one!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join