It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Antiwar Crowd Care About Vets Scathing Letter to Bush and Cheney....No. They No Longer Care...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Anyone not Right Wing get's labelled Left, and all the Left is apparently Democrat Liberals.
Deny Ignorance seems to mean agree with me or you're a moron.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Maybe sh$t like this 'll wake up the military dudes to the fact that they're nothing more than muscle for corporate, multinational, sociopathic corporations. War is a scam. The rich make money working both sides, sending poor kids into a meat grinder. Killing innocent civilians by the millions, all for cheap oil. The bottom line. Profit. Maximum profit. Things instead of people. In the words of Tony Soprano,"its all f$ckin bullsh$t". Wake the hell up! Quit spillin yo blood for these evil people.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
Why do liberal democrats and pacifists get clumped together? I'm anti war, but by no means do I support Obama or his hypocritical behavior. There is justified war, then there is the horse s*** we've been forced into fighting for over the last decade. Imperialism is deplorable, especially when the face of it touts the message of freedom, liberty, and equality. I don't think you have to even be anti-war to hold Bush, Cheney, and Blair in disdain for the lies and destruction they have brought into this world.

Nothing says pacificism like a username of DestroyDestroyDestroy.

But seriously, in the US the Iraq war was affirmed by the Congress. Congress has the ability to investigate and had the opportunity to tell the President "no", yet that whole "he lied" narrative that you display puts the onus on Bush and ignores that the Congress didn't do their due diligence. So that's why people lump you with the liberals, you subscribe to their accusations of putting blame exclusively on the Bush team while ignoring the role Congress played.

However, Obama can't claim the same shelter. He unilaterally acted in Libya with a total disregard to Congress. So while you want to claim to be antiwar and give cursory lipservice to Obama's malfeasance, you emphasize Bush. When it wasn't Bush, but Congress who bought that bridge.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I think the difference is that Republicans have said they wouldn't mind staying in those wars another 100 years. Where as Obama has actually made some effort into ending the wars. You can say he didn't put in enough effort, and I agree with that. Never the less, it is much better than what Republicans have said they would do.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TriForce
Yea, he shouldve included Obama in his rant. More soldiers have died in Afghanistan in 4 years under Obama than the previous 8 or so years under Bush.
And wtf are we still doing there? Didnt we go there to get Osama?

I suspect there's more there of interest to the Globalists than just the Taliban.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by coltcall

I wonder if they actually GOT the letter I hope so.

The whole 9/11 and reaction/response fiasco represents the darkest days of American history next only, perhaps, to the financing of Adolf Hitler's war machine by Bush's grandfather and cronies.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Fact:
Anybody that apologizes for Obama's policies is not a true progressive/anti-war advocate.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
It doesn't look like Bush lied at all, not if you mean by that that he knew the truth and said something different. Here, take a look:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I still care.

Very sad for this man that was wounded in so many ways. I was there too but our unit was blessed witth good luck. Knew it was a farce but still made the best of it - But in hindsight, we need to learn from these mistakes and not let others make them again.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by coltcall
Truth is, the antiwar movement in America died when Obama took office in 2008.

The Global Warming angst also died out with Obama's election and re-election.

Sure, there are occasional pockets of revolution. Every once in a while the lamestream mainstream media runs an antiwar story. Mostly the lamestream mainstream media says nothing about the war.

Welfare has spread throughout the land. The protestors are satisfied. There's no more going out into the streets. Sure, protestors can type away on the Tower of Babel internet. That's about the extent of protest in the Obama years.

Obama came...or was put....into office to placate the revolutionary masses. You've got to give Obama credit, he's done a helluva job for the Pentagon and for big oil.

The vet wrote a scathing letter to Bush and Cheney. I'd of thought he'd at least send a copy to Obama. Bush no longer has the power to stop the Mideast wars. Bush had nothing to do with Libya. The whole Arab Spring thing. The whole 'sending the troops into Africa' thing. Etc...Etc...Etc...

Well, anyway. Obama wasn't included in any mailing.

And this soldier's story will go largely unnoticed.

I'm putting the story on the table knowing full well that there isn't a squat's worth of the antiwar movement left to do anything about protesting the war.

Dang. People don't even want to be bothered about global warming any more.

Albeit, if a Republican is elected in 2016...the whole antiwar/global warming melee will be resurrected.

Meanwhile, an Iraq veterans letter to Bush and Cheney:

Iraq War vet pens ‘last letter’ to Bush and Cheney
An Iraq War veteran who joined the U.S. Army two days after 9/11 has written a powerful open letter to former President George W. Bush and ex-Vice President Dick Cheney accusing them of war crimes, "plunder" and "the murder of thousands of young Americans—my fellow veterans—whose future you stole."

news.yahoo.com...

Well, everyone knows that any Vet is nuttier than a squirrel turd. Why should it matter at all what they say. Again, the MSM has done their job well. This is sarcasm, for the folks that don't get it.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by coltcall

Excuse me, sir. What are you going on about?

You want liberals to start a revolution over a veteran's letter to George W. Bush and Dick Cheney? That's all I'm getting out of your righteous indignation here.

What exactly do you want liberals to do over a letter to a couple of war criminals? Why aren't you attacking conservatives over your perceived slight of this veteran? What is the point?

I'd say liberals are doing exactly what they should be doing over it. Nothing!

Go ahead and keep tossing out strawmen regarding your notions of alleged liberal hypocrisy too. A lot of good it will do in keeping them out of office.

This post of yours just seems like sour grapes over conservative political losses without any legitimate reason to exist here.

Bush didn't end his wars and left them for the next guy to clean up, for a moment we hit $4 a gallon gas in 2008, and to top it all of we almost entered a second Great Depression as he was leaving. And you for some reason expected his successor John McCain to win in that political environment?

edit on 21-3-2013 by Frith because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
It's easy go find out where George Bush and Cheney live and bother them every single day of their remaining lives, show them images of injured veterans. Bother their children, and their grandchildren, let every future president know that if they try stuff like this again they will have to leave the country after their presidency.

Remember that the claims that there were weapons of mass destruction turned out to be inaccurate:

en.wikipedia.org...

Even president bush admitted the intelligence was wrong

Show up to their fancy dinners, ruin their hunting and fishing trips, order 100's of pizzas to their addresses, let the air out of their tires, etc.

Publish their addresses and itineraries online, let's see if we can track them. HA!
edit on 21-3-2013 by deloprator20000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Reply to post by Frith

The guy who occupied "The Office of the President Elect" (remember that?) did not inherit two wars. Bush and the Iraqis ended Iraq. Read all about it.

world.time.com...

Afghan President Karazi accused the US of needless occupation last week to plunder Afghanistans resources, plus the guy from The Office of the President Elect tried to occupy the Office of ReAnimated Reagan by bombing Libya.

So, what are YOU talking about?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Really, so I guess Obama hating blinds some to the past. Implementing a drawdown from a war you outright lied about doesn't make things better. The damage was already done for thousands of soldiers. Obama also did not start Afghanistan.
reply to post by bknapple32

And the Peace Prize goes to the King of Drone deaths.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Obama vowed to bring the troops home from Afghanistan in his first year of office and still hasnt.
Guess he forgot huh?

Was that before or after he promised to cure cancer and build a city on alpha century?

aka, no..he never said that...such a claim is absurd and even the most inept drone knows the facts better than that.

However, I could be wrong (black may be white). So, why not provide the quote where Obama vowed that.

Will be over there...growing old...waiting for that quote..or a talking squirrel. Whichever comes first (money is on the squirrel)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Obama vowed to bring the troops home from Afghanistan in his first year of office and still hasnt.
Guess he forgot huh?

Was that before or after he promised to cure cancer and build a city on alpha century?

aka, no..he never said that...such a claim is absurd and even the most inept drone knows the facts better than that.

However, I could be wrong (black may be white). So, why not provide the quote where Obama vowed that.

Will be over there...growing old...waiting for that quote..or a talking squirrel. Whichever comes first (money is on the squirrel)

Here's the quote:

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Oil is national security for the west for the time being. Period. Until then does anybody have a different idea for plastic, insulation, medicine, fuel, heat, power, manufacturing, toys, computers, internet, guns, ammo, automobiles, storage, transportation, hospitalization, food, books, education, money, banking, security, windows, doors, housing, retirement, pacifiers, bottles, formula, freight, flight, lumber, seafood, wine, beer, liquor, birth control, artificial Christmas trees, lights, ornaments, Hanukkah, Halloween, Easter, Labor Day, coolers, Memorial day, artificial flowers,fiat, prosthetic limbs, etc...?

I guarantee every one of you benefit from oil in one way or another and bitch at the same time time about its over inflated cost while you pound away at a plastic keyboard you claim cost too much.

I served in the military. I fought in Desert Storm. Young men and women have it better now than then. My advice to this young man as harsh as it may seem is this....you served the greatest standing VOLUNTEER military the world has ever seen. I will pass on to you the same advice that was passed on to me by a marine from the Tarawa conflict during WWII. "You woke up north of the ground this morning. You can kiss Momma and Daddy and Wife and Baby hello. You knew conflict is dangerous, but you had an idea so you volunteered, and you supported your idea through armed conflict. You survived as a man so act like a man G-=- D-------!!!" The USMC is a dept. of the Navy. The Men's Department. I was in the Navy repairing SOFLAMs in the field for SEALS. I whined about the "horror" i saw, woe is me. He woke me up thank God.

This young man can blame NO ONE but himself. It really pisses me off and shows the age and maturity of ATS' members when they defend the BS of some young self pitying punk like this. He volunteered. Period. He is a flying disgrace in the face of the entire Militia from the Standing Continental Army until today's glorious men and women. I would love to meet this young man, smack him in the face and make him give me twenty. Woe is me.

Another thing ATS, if you have never served in the military of the Untied States of America then you have NO BUSINESS commenting at all about anything on here related to the military or its service. I do not care if you play Battlefield, Call of Duty, HALO, or any of the other faux homo erotic buddy games out there being propagated and promoted as military simulators. They lack one thing.....................the SMELL OF WAR.

Smell....ugh. you can never shake burning flesh. it never clears the nostrils. it never leaves the soul.

I wonder if this guy ever even really saw past his own self pity.

Do not be pretentious ATS. If it doesn't concern you, butt out.

Besides lets consider the "sequester", no college aid for dead veterans children, waiting line at the VA is now 18 months, no more college tuition 100% for vets,

You see dammit, Bush gave these things and Obama took them away. Why doesn't anybody talk about them? Because they are pretentious and not in the military family and just want to have an opinion on anything and everything. Narcissists Shut up about what you know nothing about!. Bush left the Vets in the cold. Forget about Walter Reed already youngsters?!!!! Obama is continuing the downfall of AMerica.

There is a new awakening in America. Did anyone see CPAC? The constitution is being resuscitated.

If you comment as an American and are not......beware! Our Nationalism is about to awake!!!! AGAIN!!!!!!

We are an idea not a philosophy, not God given but God allowed.

The entire "experiment" was made to dethrone the collective power and empower the individual. No where is it greater seen than a man or woman's ability to volunteer his or her life for the spread of the Republic and the sharing of Democracy. Collectivism means Draft. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. I have children and no one will tell them they have to join. Either they volunteer or they don't. Eat it.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
As far as Obama goes....he makes me very sick. Never in my 40 years have I seen someone just LIE, absolutely LIE about Policy, Faith, American leadership, direction, and economics, he succccckkkkkkkksssssss!!!!! He is an embarrassment to us and our society. You know why he fails over and over and time again because it is the way of God and cosmic positivity to inform the world he DOES NOT represent our country. The ether has worn off. He couldn't even get the right fuel today! they dug up his tree! He lies! He scolds journalists and threatens them! No one listens to him!

If you are black and you voted for him because you are black, you need to apologize for your racist BS! If you are white and you voted for him because he is black you need to apologize for your reverse racist BS! If you voted for him for policy you need to apologize for your lack of understanding Public Policy! If you voted for him because you are "Liberal" (haha lacking anything meaning Liberty) you need to apologize for your lack of understanding American values and ethics! You poor, abetted bastards, you feeble unattended emotional orphans who weep at the unfairness of the world, where do you stand when he has robbed the world of philanthropy and replaced it STATISm? Where goes Charity when a welfare dependent runs the world? Where go you when we are all broke and at arms because he has put us under lock and key?

It won;t happen so all this is rhetorical and liberty shall stand!!!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Never the less, it is much better than what Republicans have said they would do.

What republicans? When? Are we talking about RINO's? Do you stay current? McCain and Graham, Bush et al...are done! Period! Fini, end of story!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Frith

Bush didn't end his wars and left them for the next guy to clean up, for a moment we hit $4 a gallon gas in 2008, and to top it all of we almost entered a second Great Depression as he was leaving. And you for some reason expected his successor John McCain to win in that political environment?

Ummmmm...gas was about $1.82 when the current jack-a$$ took office...what is your point sir????

ATS is minus facts and present with pundit tv and radio!!! join me ridding ATS of this and only quote facts please!!!
edit on 21-3-2013 by sirjunlegun because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join