It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Antiwar Crowd Care About Vets Scathing Letter to Bush and Cheney....No. They No Longer Care...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Republicans never spoke against Bush and his War and Anti-Terror Policies.

I did all the time. Bush is a traitor for the patriot act, among other things and Obama is a traitor for not repealing it and for NDAA.

As far as the GOP as a whole, I cannot control what they do or say

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
So what about those other wars?

The excuse for the patriot act was "you have nothing to worry about if you haven nothing to hide"

Today we here the same excuse to gun owners

"you have nothing to worry about if your not a mass murder".

People really think one side is better than the other?

Most republicans will free admit Republicans has issues, but why is it the Democrats think they are as pure as the undriven snow?

They aren't.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I believe I was referring to the liars, not the fools who believed them

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by neo96

I believe I was referring to the liars, not the fools who believed them

I really do love that excuse no matter what Republican opposites are never EVER responsible for anything,.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

A liar and a fool who believes him are far different. Its not a liberal Conservative thing. Its a lying about war thing

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I'm not sure how can qualify your statement. I'm sure people care, regardless of political flavor.

Truth is, the antiwar movement in America died when Obama took office in 2008.

Media blackout doesn't translate to a movement dying. Many Democrats did stop protesting/vocally oppositional because very early on Obama promised to end the wars. Which technically he did and is doing. Sadly, that is good enough for some.

The Global Warming angst also died out with Obama's election and re-election.

Also very incorrect.

Sure, there are occasional pockets of revolution. Every once in a while the lamestream mainstream media runs an antiwar story. Mostly the lamestream mainstream media says nothing about the war.

Somewhat true but the media has changed, become increasingly corporate.

Welfare has spread throughout the land.

Now you're simply using something that has more to do with the economy than any ideals. Pure hyperbole.

You've got to give Obama credit, he's done a helluva job for the Pentagon and for big oil.

Yes he has, I wish more people could see that.

The vet wrote a scathing letter to Bush and Cheney. I'd of thought he'd at least send a copy to Obama.

Perhaps he should have but his anger stems from the lies that got us into the Iraq war.

knowing full well that there isn't a squat's worth of the antiwar movement left to do anything about protesting the war.
Dang. People don't even want to be bothered about global warming any more.

Again very untrue.

Albeit, if a Republican is elected in 2016...the whole antiwar/global warming melee will be resurrected.

Possibly. Within any ideology there's an element of the uninformed who are easily appeased. It could easily be said that the Right was far less concerned about erosion of rights then than they are now or would be under a Republican President. Many people within the Republican Party also assume that it's the party of smaller government because it's self proclaimed, reality is different though.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

A liar and a fool who believes him are far different

Then that would make W a fool for believing the intelligence on Iraq by that "logic".

Its not a liberal Conservative thing

Yes it is the crowd that is going around saying Iraq is a lie would be saying the same thing about Libya, but they aren't.

Its a lying about war thing

From my perspective back to the right left thing the left only has a problem when a righties "lies" to them, but have zero problems when one of their own lies to them.

But by the opening comment they are just "fools".
edit on 20-3-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by coltcall
The protestors are satisfied. There's no more going out into the streets

Because it was probably still winter where they are?

I find it ironic that the Occupy Crowd has completely disappeared from the streets of New York....while Bloomberg outlaws everything from 32 ounce sodas to cigarettes.

Whatever the New York Times wants.......

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I believe W was a fool I just added him because it was, technically, his administration.

Perhaps the anti war crowd didnt become so vocal about Libya because not one American soldier went in and invaded said country. Iraq on the other hand....

Its just apples and granny apples.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Perhaps the anti war crowd didnt become so vocal about Libya because not one American soldier went in and invaded said country

Well now theres a lie simple fact airstrikes always have forward operators on the ground.

Boots on the ground for target aquisition they are common known as special forces.

So how many bombs have to drop before its called a "war" ?
So how many boots on the ground before its called a "war" ?
So how many people have to die before its called a "war". ?

edit on 20-3-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Fair enough, but kinda my overall point. But the general public does not know this. They were spoon fed that we didnt invade Libya. And one could argue what happened there. Result, no deaths. Iraq, was a declared invasion and we lost thousands of lives. Youre smart enough to understand why one gets outrage and one doesnt.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Smart enough to know the left doesn't have a problem with wars, and use a cowards weapon for a cowards way of fighting.

That push button war and death from above.

Least with those evil republicans they give people a chance of a stand up fight.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Smart enough to know the left doesn't have a problem with wars, and use a cowards weapon for a cowards way of fighting.

Least with those evil republicans they give people a chance of a stand up fight.

I hate to use an emotional response here but....

Lets assume war is inevitable with an enemy. Would your family prefer we attack that country with drones, or with you on the ground?

Im not saying drones arent cowardly. But when faced with two options of battle, picking the drone saves lives on your sides end, thus is the better choice. (im not debating drones on us citizens)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Wanna bring the anti-war movement back with real teeth and nails?
Reinstitute the draft (conscription).
It wasn't hundreds of thousands of students in the streets that turned the tide of public opinion against the Vietnam war. It was the political power and clout of the parents of the dead and wounded returning soldiers - shown on national television that did.
The draft ended and we went to an all volunteer force to eliminate that potential for political opposition to war.
And if you're not convinced of the power of THOUSANDS of dead children had on our society, just look at what a couple of dozen at Sandy Hook has caused.

ganjoa

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I don't seem to remember Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld or Rice bravely leading the troops into battle.

Weren't they safely at home a few thousand miles away from the front line?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Enough of your BS and lies. Democrats and liberals are Center, try learning something for once. The left, the actual left... we don't support Obama at all and are still out protesting and Obama is even losing liberal support over drones, continued wars and host of other things. Do you have any idea how frustrating it is to be right in front of someone's face while they scream at you that you don't exist?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

I don't seem to remember Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld or Rice bravely leading the troops into battle.

Don't see the current potus or his admin "bravely leading the troops in to battle".

He's all safe and sound partying and playing golf.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Nobody cares.....why do they even print this stuff?

To fill up space or what?

Al-Qaida claims attacks on Iraq War's 10th anniversary

"What has reached you on Tuesday is just the first drop of rain, and a first phase," says the al-Qaida message claiming responsibility for attacks on the 10th anniversary of the Iraq War. "For by God's will, after this we will have our revenge."

BAGHDAD — Al-Qaida in Iraq has claimed responsibility for a wave of bombings and suicide attacks that killed around 60 people on the 10th anniversary of the U.S.-led invasion that ousted Saddam Hussein.
news.msn.com...
edit on 20-3-2013 by coltcall because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

reply to post by BritofTexas

Don't see the current potus or his admin "bravely leading the troops in to battle".

He's all safe and sound partying and playing golf.

At least he is starting wars without the deaths of troops. I mean if you wanna play that card we can. Obama took how long to topple a regime? A month or so? 0 deaths? Bush took how many of thousands of lives to go into Iraq?

And this argument stemmed from you calling using drones gutless. Neither president is leading troops into battle, but at least Obama has the grace to ATTEMPT to save lives.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Enough of your BS and lies. Democrats and liberals are Center,

No they aren't love the personal attack please by all means quote those "lies".

we don't support Obama at all and are still out protesting and Obama is even losing liberal support over drones, continued wars and host of other things

Wanna show me where all those liberals are protesting in the streets and chanting Obama lied and people died?

Do you have any idea how frustrating it is to be right in front of someone's face while they scream at you that you don't exist?

Yep but ATs shows me sooo much "love" makes me feel all warm and tingly inside.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join