It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new Pope and his mate, Baphomet

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by nightbringr

You denied it's proof. Hang on, I'll copy and paste everything from all of our posts right here for you.

If this is proof to you, i need to hand you a dictionary.

I thought we had already move past that.
What good would a dictionary do ? You would just see a different meaning then most everyone else anyway.

So was I right ?

edit on 19-3-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

edit on 19-3-2013 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

That is some seriously creepy "artwork"! What, exactly, is it claimed that is supposed to BE? I agree, the thing most resembles a demonic face to me, as well.

Originally posted by BlueAjah
This sculpture is very disturbing, especially its placement in the Vatican.

Consider the sculptor's description of what this is intended to be:

www.nytimes.com...

The Vatican commissioned Mr. Fazzini to provide a work for its modern auditorium. The result was ''The Resurrection,'' a statue depicting Jesus rising from a nuclear bomb crater.

''Suddenly there came to me the idea of Christ preaching peace for 2,000 years, and the place where He prayed for the last time: the olive grove of Gethsemane,'' said Mr. Fazzini in a book about the work. ''I had the idea of depicting Christ as if He were rising again from the explosion of this large olive grove, peaceful site of His last prayers. Christ rises from this crater torn open by a nuclear bomb; an atrocious explosion, a vortex of violence and energy.''

Ah, I see.....well, appreciate the explanation, anyway. No matter what the artist states, that is very creepy! Not at all Biblical, either, as Christ doesn't rise from a pile of death and destruction in such a fashion. I honestly can't understand why an organization that is supposedly following Jesus, according to the Bible, would have such "artwork" around. That thing gives me the creeps.
edit on 19-3-2013 by LadyGreenEyes because: added response

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by Extralien

I've always thought that the Pope's "Throne Room" was the most satanic, evil looking place I'd seen.

Just freaky man...

You may well be on to something.
edit on 18/3/13 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

Evil looking room, what else is in there?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

edit on 19-3-2013 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
God bless lo res images of things. Without them, the conspiracy theory world would just stop turning.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ScarletNyx

The first video i posted is from rome reports and they say that it is Jesus depicted resurrecting from a nuke.
It is 66 feet tall and 23 feet wide=666

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Except that now we are fairly certain that the " number of the beast " is 616, and more than likely refers to Nero oppressing the new Christian cult? and that Revelations was a warning to Christians to get out of Dodge?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ScarletNyx

Yea the 666 part i added is reaching in this case but i can't ignore the inspiration behind the art.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Well after re-reading your first link, I think it's actually kinda poignant that the artist chose a nuclear bomb explosion. I would imagine if Jesus had to pick one really bad thing about what we've done in the past two hundred years, it would be the fact that we made something that not only turns your body to atomized ash, but also takes out a good chunk of the environment ( albeit the recovery is actually proving to be quicker than oil spills, which is scary ) as well.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Does anyone know if this picture is on the cover of a book? I feel like i have seen this somewhere before. It was started in 1975 so it is possible.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
today I listened to Alfred Lambremont Webre do a web cast interview with an Argentinean...what they call the poor church maybe just that...could they be about to do the unthinkable and steal whats under the vatican, well I wouldn't put it past them...remember 9/11 and all the missing gold...A bit of history in all this, it goes for around an hour but worth a listen and it's timing is perfect... Pope Francis & Vatican False Flag Op? with Eduardo Elias (Argentina)
youtu.be...

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
after LatvianGuy mirrored that image i got so excited that i forgot i also wanted to see the other parts of the figure that are lost when mirrored. nothing is altered whatsoever except i lightened the background for contrast. Just taking the opportunity to practice my GIMP skills. i also have the original .xfc file with all the layers if you guys want to play around with it and add transparencies and stuff. Let me know what you guys think...

edit on 20-3-2013 by Lizardbrain because: clarity

edit on 20-3-2013 by Lizardbrain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Looks evil to me...
the fruit on it looks like skulls?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
something this disturbing shouldn't be so fun...

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
The Devil is hang'in out in the Vatican.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Are you at all familiar with the cultural history of Baphomet preceding the rise of the church? It's St. Patrick and the pagan persecution all over again...
edit on 22-3-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I must say AI, this is one thread I thought would see a lot more posts by you ! No I'm not familiar with that culture.. I'm curious tho !

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Rather tan focusing on a collection of out of contexts pics with theoretical evil meaning. Would it not be better to give the man a chance? He isn't trying to dominate or take property like your EU.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastStarfighter
Rather tan focusing on a collection of out of contexts pics with theoretical evil meaning. Would it not be better to give the man a chance? He isn't trying to dominate or take property like your EU.

A chance ? A chance to do what ? Something benevolent ?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join