It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new Pope and his mate, Baphomet

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Final word and I'll split,

After having a very close look at Pericle Fazzini's Resurrection, Resurrection, (Sorry about those, they are translated), I have come to the personal conclusion that Fazzini was a genious and the sculpture is truly a masterpiece. It is now one of my favorites.

How brilliant of Fazzini to portray the battle of spirit over matter in such an audacious way? And by somehow working out in bronze the massive 'organic' gridwork that seems to form the matrix of decaying matter that Christ is bursting forth from?

Fazzini's piece connects the present day catholic conception of Christ's primacy to its roots in far Ancient Greece in a way that I would have only expected from someone like a Da Vinci.

So, thanks, OP, for introducing me to such a stunning work of art and thereby enhancing my own education and worldview.

Viva L'Italia! Viva Fazzini.

edit on 18-3-2013 by Bybyots because: Fazzini!

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

So which is it? greek mythology or Christian 'knowledge'?

It's both, man. You can't really understand Christianity without understanding the Greeks. That, for one thing, is how you learn that Origen could have never anticipated the hermeneutical power of Google.

P.S. After you do the Greeks, go directly to Plotinus; who was Roman.
edit on 18-3-2013 by Bybyots because: .

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bybyots

So which is it? greek mythology or Christian 'knowledge'?

It's both, man. You can't really understand Christianity without understanding the Greeks. That, for one thing, is how you learn that Origen could have never anticipated the hermeneutical power of Google.

P.S. After you do the Greeks, go directly to Plotinus; who was Roman.

And you can't truely understand Christianity and the Greeks as a whole untill you can understand the Sumerians.

Many tales from the Bible are based on Sumerian tales, including the great flood and the Ark, and the Garden of Eden are just a few.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
it's a creepy statue, but how often is baphomet depicted with jesus coming out of his head ?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

i think Hercules pulled the same stunt, seems to be a recurring theme.

Hercules and the Hydra
(ca. 1475) by Antonio del Pollaiuolo
the hero wears his characteristic lionskin and wields a club

en.wikipedia.org...

check out the black eyes on this man in black!

i was on another thread today and the story of Abraham came up.
as it goes, he was off to sacrifice his son when he met a beign with the head of a ram, as i recall.

could this have been Baphomet?
was there more to this deal than the Bible is letting on?

perhaps Abram made a deal with him, offering protection from some other god, if he pledged the souls of all his offspring to him.

or not.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

There is no reason that I can think of as to why a Catholic artist would not portray The Resurrected Christ as emerging from some morass of chaotic shapes, as Fazzini has done in his sculpture. Remember, the work is called, The Resurrection.

The Apostle's Creed

I believe in God,
the Father almighty,
Creator of heaven and earth,
and in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died and was buried;
he descended into hell;
on the third day he rose again from the dead;

he ascended into heaven,
and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty;
from there he will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic Church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and life everlasting. Amen.

en.wikipedia.org...

The last place Jesus was, before he rose from the dead was Hades, scholars believe that it was modernized to read "Hell".

Resurrections did not take place with destruction. They happened with life.

Resurrection of Lazarus - Jesus commanded him to walk out of his tomb.. and so he did. And then Jesus commanded the people to unwrap Lazarus.

Resurrection of the little girl - Jesus simply woke her up. That was after he told the family, "Don't worry, the little girl is sleeping." And they were scorned to laughter because of what He said, and were angry at Him and said, "How dare you say that! We know she is dead!" And yet, He walked in and quietly woke her up from her death.

When Jesus was Resurrected, He simply woke up, fresh in the flesh. No destruction, no craziness.

And Hades and Hell are just other words for Sheol. The greeks had a myth about Hades, but it is not so.

But there is a lake of fire, to which all who are to be destroyed in the second death at the end of judgment will be cast; and their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

i lost a good 1000 points here today tellin' people what stuff like the 'resurrection' really means.
i think you should be able to deduce that from the syntax in the word itself and the context of the sentence.
why would jesus be scorned for being alone with a little girl?
why?
WHY?

WHY?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Sweeeet! A church for the poor? Does that mean they will give away the billion the catholic church is sitting on?

Or that the people following them will be poorer because they will take all their money?

I find this sculpture awful but who am I to judge 'art'?

Peace out.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
If you look at Jesus's hair and cover the face like has been stated before, it does look like a beast's head or goat's skull. The hair reminds me of Judge Mortis from the comic book, Judge Dredd, since he has a goat's skull for a head. The creepier part is that Mortis is part of an undead group known as the Dark Judges, who are pretty much the equivalent of the Four Horseman of the Apocalypse as they view life itself as a sin and eradicated it on their world.

See Jesus's hair

Here is Mortis

The Dark Judges

Four Horseman of the Apocalypse

edit on 18-3-2013 by Vlaew because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

i gave up on the vatican after i saw the crypts

goolish and wrong.... is a definate
the connotation...immense
so the observer can percieve a variety of things

edit on 18-3-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko
Okay I want to point some things out with two clear pictures, as
people have said before the sculpture that is called the
Resurrezione is CLEARLY not the same sculpture that was
shown on TV.

And I read a comment here that the sculpture says its his lifeworks
his masterpiece, so what are the chances he made two? And the
last one seems bigger and more vile and you can almost feel the evil
that is the church.

Sounds crazy and all but it almost looks like the statue grew over
the years... turning more vile..

The real Ressurezione

The mural in the background,
is just as odd !
Wounder if it has been altered too ?, considering curtain-panels have
been placed in front of the mural now.

The $ $ $ for the symbolic elaborate statue/idol would have been
better spent helping orphans or the abused.
What does it say in the 'books' about idols/statues/depictions ?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
i got two comments that might help the thread

1) the image in the background looks like a nuclear explosion... the familiar mushroom

2) the "jesus" ressurection statue
..the hair

if the statue is meant to represnt a "vortex of destruction"
then there is a pheonix from the flame connotation

the hair looks like a skull of a hawk/eagle

dunno if it helps

i also dont know why my font is bold
lol

edit on 18-3-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Anybody try out that thing i posted a few back...

You should.. i would have never have posted anything unless i thought there was something to it..

That cloud seen the other day, is a dead ringer for the Christ on that.. erm thing, legs/arms, pose the lot.. but you have to play with the contrast of the cloud pic (the angel one from the other day when they elected the pope) to remove some wash and try to highlight the brighter *core* of the cloud... it doesn't take much, to get it to resemble this.. almost exactly.

I went a bit further and greyscale bumpmaped the cloud and it looked.. well... not so angel.. but the pics crap, and it bump-maped the artifacts too... it's a mess.. and that's why i hinted for some others to have a look too, maybe find a better pic.. im also not up for having to prove my EXIF whateva's. it's just something i noticed...

Try it though, it wont disappoint... not if you've seen that carving.. erm.. thing.. I saw it in reverse, cloud first (and me messing with it in gimp, seeing a thing as it's core) then seeing this thread, the legs did it, then the arms.. the middle is a blur on the cloud but the legs/arms are pretty exact... maybe the Vatican took over BlueBeam.. lol.. i dunno... but it's worth a look with all this going on...

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
SO, people poke fun and ridicule Catholics and Christians for seeing the Virgin Mary or Jesus which is safe to say more likely pareidolia, but it is perfectly normal for anti Catholics or anti Christians to see Baphomet? LMAO

edit on 19-3-2013 by Majestic Lumen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Yes, it could be the image of "Baphomet"
by Hebrew law, all Priest Kings must have a Title Name, a Common Name, & a Name for each Coven they create. When promoted the name is changed again, to reflect the promotion. Priest King "Pharaohs" where issued Legal Latin Claims of "Divine Rights & Powers"; & by promotion they were deified as 'GODS' on Earth.

"AL, EL, IL are latin Suffixes for GOD EL(ohiem) with Whom "Man is at War with in the War in Heaven". SET/An had two offspring branches, the El & the Anunnaki Moloch. "In every land & every Language, the conquering Children of SET, were given a Name". In Egypt he was called SET the "Leviathan Class Serpent", in his own arc he is called Lord Abyth Sol-saul-; & the Hebrew called him "Sol-O-Mon" the 'wise serpent'.

SET's son Ea had a son named "Alexander" whom the Sumerian called "Marduke". He started the COVEN age which is an incorporation & he was called "AZAZEL The Horned GOD" of his COVEN WICCA by the Hebrew. In Egypt he was called "Baphomet" & created the COVEN CAESAR. "C.A." is latin, Coven Azazel; "E" is had/out of; "Sar" is 'czar' & means "Master". "B.C." is not before christ, it is 'baphomet caesar'. In Babylon he was "Massawa" the 'great architect god' of his coven Freemason. He is diefied as 'apollo'; 'ra'; 'mars'; He was promoted to "Archang-el Micha-el"

He married his Aunt 'Selene' and in Greece she was 'Arsinoe'. Her Egyptian Coven name was "Isis" Queen of the Moloch, Daughter of SET; in Rome she was "Cleopatra"; the Hebrew called her "Lilith". She was diefied as 'Athena' after she stole the ME's "Venus"; Shiva; Hecate; it goes on. Her Saxon name was Elizabeth 1. She was promoted to "Magda-lene".

After the uprising & Alexanders death. She married her fraternal twin. "Ptolemy" They were called the "Incestuous twins", In Egypt he was "Osiris"; in Greece "Bacchus"; in Babylon "Syn" - origin of "Sin Tax" which was his specific 'fee due' from the slave population - 'give unto Caesar"; & the Hebrew called him "Ba-el, King of Hell". He created the 'Bible' which is "By-B-El". The name of the El in Babylon, was "illi/Illumi" & he formed the Illuminati. He was deified as "Tamil"; "Enlil"; "Zeus"; "Jupiter" The Papal promoted him to 'St. Peter'.

They had a son. In Rome "Caesarian"; in Egypt "Horus"; In Babylon "Nannar" & in Saxon "lord Melchizedek" The "Shining One" & "Melchizedek Order of Lilith". After killing his insane father, he married his mother to keep the Coven Custom of a Diarchy & was promoted to "Jes-us". This earned Lilith the title of Whore of Babylon.

The 'COVENS of AZAZEL' are the "PAPAL, ROYAL, & FEDERAL" whom are the lesser nobility.

It is Perfidy in War, to remove that you are the opposing side. Breach of the Hague Convention. This was not a thousand years ago. We became listed as P.O.W.'s in 1917 Geneva Convention. The trick of 'time' has to do with the "Kiest" & that 'pinecone thing' is a cassada. They have altered your understanding of your current location & have redefined words: "The Creation" & "Heaven". "The Creation" was defined as "A Construct". "Heaven" is the outside world, your 'Place of Origination'. Man "Exits through the WEST Gate" which is now forming in the Pacific; the same way the enemy of Man, the Nephilhiem, exit thru the "NORTH Gate".

The Left hand path of SET creates Sociopaths. The '7' sacred 'hills' or 'mounds' in Rome are the literal access to underground feeding grounds. Beneath the main alter in the Vatican is the alter for "AZAZEL".
edit on 19-3-2013 by YellowRoseTx51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Originally posted by LastStarfighter
Right the vatican set up a nuclear explosion. You are looking to wrong the place. Wake up

But the other thing people don't touch upon is his relationship with what looks like Catholic Jesuit priests. Hitler was a catholic also.

Actually this is completely false. Hitler hated the Catholic Church and tried to have the Pope killed. Did you just completely make this up?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
When i first saw the picture all i could think of was Dante's journey through hell...
The middle ring of the seventh circle...
Dante's Inferno

The seventh circle houses the violent. Its entry is guarded by the Minotaur, and it is divided into three rings:...

... Middle ring: In this ring are suicides and profligates. The suicides – the violent against self – are transformed into gnarled thorny bushes and trees and then fed upon by Harpies. Dante breaks a twig off one of the bushes and from the broken, bleeding branch hears the tale of Pietro della Vigne, who committed suicide...

... Dante learns that these suicides, unique among the dead, will not be corporally resurrected after the final judgement since they gave away their bodies through suicide; instead they will maintain their bushy form, with their own corpses hanging from the thorny limbs.

That was my first my first impression anyway, kinda odd that the pope and an artists rendition of jesus would invoke such an image.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Okay...who let those darn artists in the church anyways???
Off with their heads...

edit on (3/19/1313 by shells4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

The sculpture in the throne room behind the Pope is called La Resurrezione ("The Resurrection") and it is by Italian artist, Pericle Fazzini.

He began work on the thing in 1970 and finished it in 1977, just in time for Star Wars. He considered it to be his masterpiece, and if you can believe it, it's a bronze.

It looks to me as though it is very hard to get close enough to it to get any good detail images, it also just looks like it is plain hard to photograph.

It is also probably important to note that Fazzini had obvious surrealist influences, at least, and that is why people probably find a touch of the 'grotesque' in the work.

The thing is convoluted to the point that it should come as no surprise that it be as conducive to pareidolia as any assembly of clouds; in fact, more so, if one has some religious paranoia going on.

So, no, I don't see a 'Baphomet', and yes, I think way too much is being read in to the image.

edit on 17-3-2013 by Bybyots because:

Because people love to agree with nonsense before they even read any replies. You're spot on, read this, people. The guilty know who they are.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join