It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Profesy of St. Malachy: Connection between Petrus Romanus and Pope Francis I

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Well, was reading more into Francis Of Assisi, who the new Pope took his name from, and look what Britanica Encyclopedia states about him:

Saint Francis of Assisi, Italian San Francesco d’Assisi, baptized Giovanni, renamed Francesco, original name Francesco di Pietro di Bernardone

LINK

Pietro as in Peter.
So we may state there is a connection of the name 'Peter'. And as for Peter of Rome, Pope Francis I's parents are originally from Turin, Italy. If we consider Italy to be the Roman Empire then he's ethnically Roman.

And one more point: Assisi = Meteorite = Rock = Peter LINK LINK

So there you go, maybe I am finding faces on Mars here, but looking for some feed back from the ATS community here.
edit on 13/3/13 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

So there you go, maybe I am finding faces on Mars here, but looking for some feed back from the ATS community here.

Does seem like you may be clutching at straws just a tad there... but god only knows

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I've been grumbling all evening about the unnecssary use of "the first" in the Pope's title.
But what if it is a deliberate smack in the eye for those who thought he would be "the last"?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

I've been grumbling all evening about the unnecssary use of "the first" in the Pope's title.
But what if it is a deliberate smack in the eye for those who thought he would be "the last"?

Ha ha, the mysterious workings of the church! You may have a point there.

Originally posted by larapa

Does seem like you may be clutching at straws just a tad there... but god only knows

I know its a bit of a stretch, but after hours of searching this the best connection I could find....till now))

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I was wondering about this myself. Thanks for tying it together, OP.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
And if he had an Uncle named Peter and an adopted son who spent a summer in Rome people would be grasping at the same straws, with only a minor difference in story.

Was expecting nothing less once the Pope was elected...

I know its a bit of a stretch, but after hours of searching this the best connection I could find....till now))

Nothing wrong with finding material that is probably going to get blown out of proportion soon. If you believe it or not, well that impacts your future credibility.
edit on 13-3-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Holy hell, another thread?

I suppose if the Malachi prophecy is still legit after today's events then so is the John Titor thread.

Can someone find that and link it for us to bump?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I think it's a moot point, honestly. The guy he got his new name from was once called Peter. The new pope, Jorge Mario Bergoglio was born in Beunos Aires. His dad was from Italy.

So his dad and St. Francis shoulda merged and became pope (when his name was still Peter)... ....

Seriously grasping here..
edit on 13-3-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Question I have is did the cardinals vote based on the prophecy?

Both "front runners" going into conclave were Peters.

Francis wasn't even on the short list.

Then he named himself after the patron saint of miracles?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Joan Osborne was right.

What if God was one of us
Just a slob like one of us
Just a stranger on the bus
Trying to make his way home

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by 200Plus
Question I have is did the cardinals vote based on the prophecy?

Both "front runners" going into conclave were Peters.

Francis wasn't even on the short list.

Then he named himself after the patron saint of miracles?

The patron saint of animals. The meek shall inherit the earth.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Now taking a back seat here, but sort of leaning over to hear whats going on, but let's just take a minute. Considering the 'prophesies' and the (mis?) information regarding last popes, last days, Satan, general bad joo joo's. Would the Vatican really select a pope with any direct links to a 'Peter' scenario? I'm sure they are aware of St. Malachy's predictive notes, and are very aware of the public's focus on that very subject.

Now speaking out of the box here, but would you even put it past the Vatican to have a, I don't know how to word it, but a decoy Pope?. I know this is a bit far fetched but it is ATS after all
. I was under the belief that a Pope was divinely selected... maybe I misheard that statement along my 34 years on Earth, but an election by Cardinals to select the Pope? Food for thought. And just helping with my fair share of BS

Perhaps hidden deep underground in the vacinity of the Vatican there runs around the real Pope, hidden from public view and attention, battling... or even commanding the underworld creatures that are soon to spew over the surface? Movie plot? lol

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 123143

You are right. My bad.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Bit of a stretch there, and possibly not even relevant. There are other "Francis" saints that he might be honouring, including one of the first members of his Jesuit Order, Francis Xavier.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
the big deal about Pope Francis and the Malachy prophecy is that there is no connection.
this is not peter the roman. we aren't there yet.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Adjensen is correct. He took the from Francis Xavier.

Both of his parents are from Italy.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
interesting, thanks for posting OP

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

Just as a reminder, the prophecy did not mention the last pope would be called Peter the roman but rather that he would be A Peter the roman.

The prophecy about Benedictus did not say the pope would be named Benedictus but rather that he would carry the Olive branch.

"Proponents of the prophecies generally try to draw a connection between Benedict and the Olivetan order to explain this motto: Benedict's choice of papal name is after Saint Benedict of Nursia, founder of the Benedictine Order, of which the Olivetans are one branch.[1][2] Other explanations make reference to him as being a pope dedicated to peace and reconciliations of which the olive branch is the symbol."

Reading the new popes biography he seems to be a genuine person and not concerned with riches and sets a good example on how to be a rightheous person.
In that regard he can also be compared to Peter the roman.
edit on 13-3-2013 by Maarten because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Hm, I don't know. The Malachy prophecy was very rigidly followed - the new Pope shoulda have been named Peter in the first place, not Francis.

Let's just let the future unravel. Maybe something is up behind the scene.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Petrus means "stone". I think we should follow that angle.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join