It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul Filibustering Over Drones: I Will Not Let Obama ‘Shred the Constitution’

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
So this is what America has become? Drones to take out anyone they want, no judge, no jury, just execution. I don't care how many different ways you look at it that's a dictatorship. If there is truly terrorists cells in the US why isn't the National Guard sent in? Well because there are no terrorists! They are vets, normal everyday people in protests. You can't ask a soldier to kill his own brothers and sisters now can ya? The only terrorists that I know of are the ones who are terrorizing with drones.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
C-SPAN2 link still not working, says that content is unavailable (must be blacked out in my area). Was able to find a live feed on FoxNews though. He's been going at it for a while now, bet he could use a couple 5-hour energy shots right about now! Did any of those senators that were "rushing over to back him up" actually take the podium? Seems like he's carrying the ball all by himself...

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
TED CRUZ reading the #StandWithRand tweets on the senate floor.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sean
So this is what America has become? Drones to take out anyone they want, no judge, no jury, just execution. I don't care how many different ways you look at it that's a dictatorship. If there is truly terrorists cells in the US why isn't the National Guard sent in? Well because there are no terrorists! They are vets, normal everyday people in protests. You can't ask a soldier to kill his own brothers and sisters now can ya? The only terrorists that I know of are the ones who are terrorizing with drones.

Yes this is exactly what they want and you had better be sure you are standing on the right side of the fence. If they can not get it now using the progressives fear and apathy they will wait a few years and use the conservatives fear and apathy.

And I bet many of the conservatives crying a river right now will jump on the bandwagon just because it is put forward by there guy in power. Just like all the progressive liberals crying about the wars shut up soon as Obama was sworn in.

edit on 6-3-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

When I watched it live on Cspan...it brought tears to my eyes.

Making a fresh pot of coffee now...as long as Rand is willing to stand on his feet, pleading for my Constitutional Rights, I'm going to stand by him. I plan on staying the course with him. I don't want to miss a word he's saying. This is what defines us as Americans.

The White House can ignore him all they want....as a matter of fact, the longer they stick their heads in the sand...the more people will call their silence into question.

Des

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 1yearning2bfree

He hasn't had a bathroom break since around 3:00pm, if he even took one then. Had a few snickers or meal bars around 6 ish, coffee after 7pm. Been watching since a little after 2.

I am impressed with his endurance, but am so proud he's got the gumption to stand up for the constitutionality of drone use in the US. He's standing up for the rights of ALL Americans.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

After seeing this Picture my reply is,.. the US- Prez is a Piece Of S***

edit on 6/3/13 by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
For those of you who do not think that governemnt
will kill its own remember Ruby Ridge and Waco.

Especially Waco.

link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by jacobe001

I can't believe you call standing for 7+ hours, pleading our Constitutional Rights as....eating drinking being merry, and high fiving...

Just wow......

When actors carry out a script, they can be at it for hours at a time.
That does not make it sincere.
I'm not about to jump on the Hope bandwagon for change in our government with Rand Paul, especially when we have been through this before with Obama. Color me very skeptical of anything that comes out of Washington.

link   
Been trying to catch up as I just got off work. Thanks everyone for keeping us up to date. It's still going right? Trying to get a feed going.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Oh, I don't think many of us have any illusions of how this will turn out, things have gone rotten for far too long....but after hearing # for so long, it is refreshing to hear someone telling the truth......and you can call it a script, but he is telling the truth.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
reply to post by Destinyone

Exactly! I'm sure he isn't making many friends right now among his peers. Could you imagine having to sit for 7+ hours listening to this guy? I can bet that after this is over, most of these guys who crafted the illegal legislation won't be coming up to him and trying to high five him or pat him on the back.

That sounds exactly like the charade where Obama was going to bring more transparency in our government. Rein in Wall Street and the corruption. Rein in the Lobbyists in DC. He was not "liked" much either.

Instead, it was all a charade, and he is owned by Wall Street and Lobbyists.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

There are exceptions to the Rule, and Rand is the
exception.

This is not about a man, it is about ideals, and principles
found in The Constitution of The United States of America, on
which this country stands.

Rand Paul is just a man, but a courageous
one who happens to be standing up at a time when very few will.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacobe001

Originally posted by Destinyone

I can't believe you call standing for 7+ hours, pleading our Constitutional Rights as....eating drinking being merry, and high fiving...

Just wow......

When actors carry out a script, they can be at it for hours at a time.
That does not make it sincere.
I'm not about to jump on the Hope bandwagon for change in our government with Rand Paul, especially when we have been through this before with Obama. Color me very skeptical of anything that comes out of Washington.

Then, I suggest at some point in time, you attempt to watch his whole filibuster....if only to refresh your memory of your Constitutional Rights, and the history of how, and why you have them.

IMHO...this is a History defining moment....long overdue. If the reaction I'm seeing on Twitter and FB is any indication of how people have been hungering for a voice to finally speak up for them....then I think this Administration has a lot to rethink, in their complacent attitude that we just don't care, and they can do whatever they damn well please.

Des

edit on 6-3-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Malynn

Yep still going on.

Still providing foundation information about use of drones outside our borders with war principles and inside geographic boundries for domestic uses.

Just past 10 hr mark!

edit on 6-3-2013 by SunflowerStar because: 10 hr edit

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SunflowerStar

Yes! Thanks, finally got the feed going.

I think this is absolutely wonderful and amazing. There's not much that goes on in Washington that I approve of, but this is one thing I do.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Sen from Utah, Mike Lee speaking now.....

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Except in the case of Paul, he is actually carrying through with his threats. I posted a few pages back that Paul had threatened to do this back in February and now he is doing it. I understand your jadedness, but can't you see the positive results of this? Paul is standing up and going on 9 hours now has been talking about our Constitution trying to take our rights away. Isn't that what we complain about all day on this site everyday? Why aren't you proud that someone is bringing light to these issues?

The elite don't want us making waves, if Paul was reading a script he wouldn't be talking about drones killing Americans on American soil.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The ACLU is in full support of Rand Paul and is taking their own action to force an answer. Yeah Rand Paul, you have the wheels spinning.
I think he is making history here!

Anders went on to explain that the Department of Justice could post the legal memos in question on the internet within an hour, or Xerox them and send them to the floor of the Senate. “The American people have a right to know,” said Anders. “Senator Paul is right to push for that information and I think he’s doing a very good job of exercising his constitutional duty as a member of Congress in our system of checks and balances to help serve as a check on the executive branch, on the president.”

EXCLUSIVE: ACLU Backs Paul's Filibuster

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by cornucopia
Rand Paul Confronted on Mitt Romney Endorsement
www.youtube.com...

We confront Rand Paul on endorsing a Goldman Sachs flip flopping war mongering Bilderberg puppet.

LOL

rand is a shill...lol

truth is truth and shall be known.

If Rand Paul ever wanted a real chance at becoming the President, he knew he had to politically posture himself as a Republican.

It's a tough chess move, but it may just work.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join