It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul Filibustering Over Drones: I Will Not Let Obama ‘Shred the Constitution’

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Rand Paul is forcing the tyrants to show their hand.

Oh, we have to form subcommittees to determine if this is Constitutional or not......IT ISN'T THAT HARD. You can't give a straight answer, YOU ARE TOAST.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

I tweeted that out as soon as ted started quoting tweets.

12+ re-tweets in 2 minutes. This is incredible! this has never happened before.... this is completely new and wowing!

Love him or hate him... Rand's sticking up for everyone right now... left right & center.

Man... I cannot wait or the news articles tomorrow and the 'blow-back' congress will receive when this filibuster becomes (hopefully) top news tomorrow morning.

This is the most exciting thing to happen in US politics in a while.

this has set a new bar for future filibusters.
edit on 3/6/2013 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Thanks for this thread guys
. I work nights and sleep all day so now that im finally through this thread
I gotta say Im all pumped up.

He has my support, even if I cant agree with him on everything politically there are universal rights and wrongs, he has chosen the right side on this one and all political affiliations should be put to the back burner. We should celebrate mr paul today not as a political figure, but as a plain ole american.

I'll be checking back in on this thread when I get out of work. Keep it up guys and thanks again.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Rand Paul is a true patriot just like his father Ron. He is standing up for us all. Drone strikes against American citizens on our soil is against everything we stand for in this country. No trial executions are not acceptable under any circumstances. Please spread the word, the man is doing a great thing for all of us.

"Are we so complacent with our rights that we would allow a president to say he might kill Americans?" Paul asked. "No one person, no one politician should be allowed ... to judge the guilt of an individual and to execute an individual. It goes against everything we fundamentally believe in our country."

www.latimes.com...
edit on 3/6/2013 by Erasurehead because: fix link

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
The White House not returning the Senate's calls. Sent message that they will call after the sequester is over. . . . .WHAT THE HELL.

Again, they are not answering a simple question
edit on 6-3-2013 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Does anyone else besides me have a problem viewing the live feed on C-SPAN? I've been trying to get it both on cable and internet for a couple of hours now, but it's been totally blacked out (geez, I wonder why?! they're in total damage control mode). Their live feed is talking about British policy regarding Syria. You all seem to not be having any problems viewing the live stream. Does anyone have another link besides C-SPAN?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 1yearning2bfree

Make sure its Cspan2 that you are accessing.

Feed been consistent to my area for over 6 hrs so far.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Try this

fixed link.
edit on 3/6/2013 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Watch the filibuster here:
www.c-span.org...

You can use that link above to find cable channels on all providers,
CSpan is still working, maybe try and refresh your browser?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Chrissy Matthews said "Brennan will be confirmed, once Rand Paul stops talking."

Hearing the left say that this is a waste of time - what would happen if a Republican were to try and pass this? We all know what, damn hypocritical of them.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenJack
Thanks for this thread guys
. I work nights and sleep all day so now that im finally through this thread
I gotta say Im all pumped up.

He has my support, even if I cant agree with him on everything politically there are universal rights and wrongs, he has chosen the right side on this one and all political affiliations should be put to the back burner. We should celebrate mr paul today not as a political figure, but as a plain ole american.

I'll be checking back in on this thread when I get out of work. Keep it up guys and thanks again.

We should never celebrate a politician.
When will the people finally wake up and see it is not about the man it is about the idea. The idea is what we should celebrate and get behind not the man.

Getting behind the man is what the progressive PTB filth want. Because they know it is easy to tear a man down and the idea follows with the man. This is the very reason why we are wearing chains and crying that they are starting to fall heavy on our collective shoulders.

WAKE UP PEOPLE IT IS ABOUT THE IDEA NOT THE MAN. When we finally understand this simple concept everything that the founding fathers wanted will fall back into place.
edit on 6-3-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Rand Paul Confronted on Mitt Romney Endorsement
www.youtube.com...

We confront Rand Paul on endorsing a Goldman Sachs flip flopping war mongering Bilderberg puppet.

LOL

rand is a shill...lol

truth is truth and shall be known.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
The White House not returning the Senate's calls. Sent message that they will call after the sequester is over. . . . .WHAT THE HELL.

Again, they are not answering a simple question
edit on 6-3-2013 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

Can anyone here honestly say this is how a president should operate? This is a slap in the face not to republicans, but to every single American. This response proves to me that we need to get Obama out of office ASAP. I think we need to be looking for reasons to impeach him. Maybe this will even get whistleblowers to come out. I suspect Obama is mentally unstabile by his response. Totally serious here... We do not want someone like this in office. He is very dangerous.
edit on 6-3-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by cornucopia
www.youtube.com...

We confront Rand Paul on endorsing a Goldman Sachs flip flopping war mongering Bilderberg puppet.

LOL

rand is a shill...lol

See how easy it is to tear the man down. Men are fallible and make mistakes and the ideas follow them when people believe only in the man and not the idea.

Take the man out of the mix and ask yourself if the idea is worth merit.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
The longer the White House takes to respond the more power and support rand will get

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by cornucopia
www.youtube.com...

LOL

rand is a shill...lol

You mean the truth that he has always said he would endorse the republican nominee? This has been debunked a long time ago.

So now that we know you want to attack his character, how about we discuss the actual topic at hand? Or are you avoiding the address of obamas drone strikes?
edit on 6-3-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
The longer the White House takes to respond the more power and support rand will get

Ya know what I give up......Why would you not say the more support the idea will get?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
No one is suggesting that Rand is a savior, never thought of that of him, same goes for his father.

I support their ideals, not the people. If they turn from the path of liberty then to hell with them. I shall not blindly follow anyone.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by cornucopia

That was a republican issue... republicans dealing with republicans.

what rand is doing right now doesn't even come close to the left/right or the in-party politics paradigm.

This is a human rights issue. This has nothing to do with Romney... so why bring him up? whats the point? enlighten us all instead of typing a few lines and posting a video.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
No one is suggesting that Rand is a savior, never thought of that of him, same goes for his father.

I support their ideals, not the people. If they turn from the path of liberty then to hell with them. I shall not blindly follow anyone.

The progressive filth want to make it all about the man. Men are easy to tear down ideas are not. When will masses finally understand this simple concept?

I am very glad to see I am not alone you should never follow the man you should follow the ideas.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join