It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul Filibustering Over Drones: I Will Not Let Obama ‘Shred the Constitution’

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I would be wholly impressed if they start reading all the Federalist Papers, Anti-Federalist Papers, Constitutional Convention minutes/notes, personal letters of the Founding Fathers, and such. After that, begin on the full works of William Shakespeare and then move to Chaucer's Canterbury Tales (in middle-English of course) and ending with works of Plato.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Smooth move for the freshman Sen Cruz.

Gonna stay up as long as I can, and get up as early as I can, too bad I got stuff to do tomorrow, wish the snow last night was deeper so could have another snow day. lol

ps. just past 11th hour.
edit on 6-3-2013 by SunflowerStar because: 11th hour

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
This government of ours handed over assault weapons to foreigner riff-raff in hopes of those weapons being used against our citizens so they could point out that assault weapons are bad and could then proceed with a ban that would make them look like heroes.

How about not sending in the cavalry to Benghazi even though they were at the ready?

Ordering a drone strike stateside would not weigh heavily on their collective conscience. The Constitution is but a minor speed bump anymore, like an annoying gnat that can be shooed or swatted away.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I am pretty sure the WH response will be along the lines of "republicans wasting time debating something that is a non issue at this time and need to focus on the economy."

They will try and shift the blame to the republicans without admitting they are wrong.

At least its getting worldwide coverage and people may actually be paying attention. This could be the point where the people so no more.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I think he did the right thing in filibustering. Every great journey begins with a small step. He earned back some credibility in my eyes today.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Thank you Rand Paul, and thanks to all who will not bend over!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
A single man, is making a roar that can not be ignored. I'm honestly feeling emotions, I thought I'd never feel again.

Pride, Hope, Faith in my fellow Citizens to get off their collective butts, and carry that roar to the halls of the White House.

To let it be known in no uncertain terms. We the People voted you in...We the People can vote you ALL out.

We the People...demand your answer....NOW!

Des.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I've been contacting my Senators and Reps with the following. Thank goodness PA's Senator Toomey has gotten on board. This is NOT a Republican vs. Democrat issue. This affects EVERYONE regardless of affiliations or beliefs.

"I hope to heck that you are standing with Rand Paul on his filibuster of John Brennan's nomination to head the CIA. Senator Paul has stated that he will continue his filibuster until he receives confirmation that drone strikes on American Citizens, on American soil, without due process is unconstitutional and WILL NOT HAPPEN. So far the Administration and Attorney General Holder have refused to rule out their ability to use drone strikes on US Citizens within the United States. This is unacceptable on all levels."

link   
This is an issue that Dems, Repubs, and others should be able to agree upon. Due Process.
Its been an amazing day in history today. I wish it could reach more people.

link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

What do you think the 2700 lite tanks and 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition homeland security ordered is for? The drones will be aircap during the rest of the operations.

If you do not want to put the obvious puzzle together then what are you doing on ATS?
edit on 6-3-2013 by LoneGunMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Pretty awesome to see what is happening right now. Sadly, while I have lots of faith in Rand, I have no faith in the American People to actually do something about this. To stand together. It just won't happen.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
reply to post by burntheships

I would be wholly impressed if they start reading all the Federalist Papers, Anti-Federalist Papers, Constitutional Convention minutes/notes, personal letters of the Founding Fathers, and such.

Rand has done hands down a great work in bringing this
to the people ears, as was said earlier in the thread ...a collective voice for all of us.

You have a good idea....post it to them on facebook, they said they were glad to take
messages and would pass them on.

The only person I have ever seen to do more is his father Ron.

So, here is my best to both of them .

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by tnhiker
I am pretty sure the WH response will be along the lines of "republicans wasting time debating something that is a non issue at this time and need to focus on the economy."

They will try and shift the blame to the republicans without admitting they are wrong.

At least its getting worldwide coverage and people may actually be paying attention. This could be the point where the people so no more.

I'm pretty sure Obama's response will be the same insulting one he gave when asked about the thousands upon thousands of "Tea Party" protestors who filled the Capitol Mall and beyond: "What? Oh, was there something going on? Didn't notice..."

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
of course they wont use them, well, not till everyone think s they are harmless toys, then they show up at every state on every airfield, of course they wont use them...... then they fly them over head 24/7 to get people used to seeing drones in the sky.....of course they wont use them........ then as soon as they have a perfect waco style situation that they just cant take the risk on their men,

AND BAM THEY WILL F ING USE THEM

AGAIN

AND

AGAIN

AND

AGAIN

and everyone in between will just be friendly fire and were so sorry and we take full responsabilty for this action,,, which is awesome,,,, BUT IT DOESNT BRING BACK YOUR DEAD KIDS.

let alone these run off geo trackers to target, how much fun it would be to hack one , reprogram it, copy the program and make 300,000 geo trackers and placed at all the elementary schools in the country, or government buildings

oops didnt see that comming ^^ would make shady hook and 9/11 look like a kids bedtime story.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I meant the Republican politicians, not ATS members.

The politicians who have a sudden reverence for the Constitution because Obama is in office, but somehow lacked that reverence when Bush introduced the Patriot Act. What we are seeing now are a bunch of actors auditioning for 2016, not a valiant defense of patriotic ideals.

In the same vein, if any Democrat politicians who railed against the Patriot Act somehow defended drone strikes on US citizens, would be just as despicable.

The constant liberal vs conservative haranguing is really tiring. There is only one political party, the Corporatists.

edit on 6-3-2013 by curme because: Typo

edit on 6-3-2013 by curme because: Typo again

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Been following this, it is really an amazing time. Words of thanks cannot be enough. Now if only more of the masses can look beyond Democrat and Republican, see what he is saying for the betterment of the county. We have to move aside the divide and conquer tactic.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
So Foxnews it is front page as is HuffPo! Big headline there!

CNN - no, and not even on their "ticker" of current news; NBC - no and again, not on their "ticker", MSNBV - no, WaPo - it is there, but below such hard-hitting headlines such as "Obama looks to make big deficit deal with GOP", , ABC News - nada again.

Yep, the news isn't skewed right?! At least HuffPo knows when to play its card. Sad it should be headlines according to my worldview.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by curme

You don't have any real, deep, feelings for your Country...do you. You are maybe one of those who would prefer to gaze on the ruin of a drone strike in a U.S. city...and snicker under your breath....I told you so....

I'd rather see it not get to that point....I'd rather our Government upheld our constitutional Rights.

Des

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

That's pretty funny considering it used to be on the front page of the msnbc news site. I guess they received an angry phone call from their overlords... er... I mean the Obama Administration.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Ted Cruz is rubbing their noses in it. It's really quite inspiring. When he said "I'm going to read from this speech, which is really quite long" and then smirked? LOL!

I gotta read up on this guy. Is he usually a tool? I've never heard of him before this.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join