It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul Filibustering Over Drones: I Will Not Let Obama ‘Shred the Constitution’

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I actually don't use twitter, but now I am going to go to Paul's Facebook page and thank him. We need to let him know that the people are behind him with this.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Still going strong with help from Sen from Wyn talking now.

Now Sen Ted Cruz from Texas

www.c-span.org...

Go Rand!
edit on 6/3/13 by sirric because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
God Ted Cruz is cracking me up man lol This guy is hilarious.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by amarenell
If nothing else, at least Rand Paul is bringing, forcefully, the actions of our government to light. I hope the MSM will actually cover this in the way it deserves, not turning him into a laughing stock, or burying it under politico-babble.

Thank you Rand Paul, for TRYING. That is more than most can say.

I honestly think, the White House is not responding, because they are convinced the MSM will bury this.

I think the WH will find, putting out a wild fire is not as easy as they thought.

The longer they refuse to acknowledge the filibuster....the bigger the fire.

Des

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
reply to post by burntheships

I actually don't use twitter

Me either, but I broke out today!
It is the worthiest cause!

I #StandWithRand

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Paul mounts Senate filibuster of Obama's CIA nominee over drone concerns

Rand Paul's #filiblizzard filibuster

With bipartisan aid, Paul filibusters CIA pick Brennan

Rand Paul conducts filibuster in opposition to John Brennan, Obama’s drone policy

Well it looks like the MSM isn't going to come to Obama's rescue this time. The MSM is clearly not burying this story and the longer that Rand Paul talks the more he brings to light. The White House is just digging a bigger and bigger hole the longer they stay silent.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I have said to my facebook friends and others, that I will not sleep as long as Senator Paul holds the floor. I urge everyone here to do the same and to pass the notion on to others you know.

If you truly agree with the Senator, and support this filibuster then don't just tweet with the tag #standwithrand, really stand with him. For years I have heard droves on this site state that something has to be done. Well here is a man standing up and doing something, this is that moment you have asked for. One man standing for all to see in opposition of the WH, much of congress, and anyone else that would oppress the rights of U.S. Citizens.

Let us all stand behind this fine example of American Exceptionalism , and true leadership by vowing that while the Senator holds the floor fighting for our rights we will stand behind him as one nation, all speaking with his voice.

My thanks goes out to the Senator, and my sleepless night(s) are dedicated to his battle for the rights of Americans.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
SMOKINGMAN.......your guarantee that a drone strike will never happen in our country stinks with treason.
5000 dead.......just by opps got him...and well afew others as well...I wont for a second believe ANYONE who guarantees it wont happen here...What happened in NAzi Germany was LEGAL according to Hitler.....Get real or go away.......People THIS IS REAL!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by amarenell
If nothing else, at least Rand Paul is bringing, forcefully, the actions of our government to light. I hope the MSM will actually cover this in the way it deserves, not turning him into a laughing stock, or burying it under politico-babble.

Thank you Rand Paul, for TRYING. That is more than most can say.

I honestly think, the White House is not responding, because they are convinced the MSM will bury this.

I think the WH will find, putting out a wild fire is not as easy as they thought.

The longer they refuse to acknowledge the filibuster....the bigger the fire.

Des

Well, like I mentioned earlier, the ACLU is now involved also. And it will be interesting to see what other groups will get involved. Rand Paul found a way to get past the silence of the MSM. Did you just hear this on the Cspan feed? Rand is trending worldwide. This will be something for the history books. Our great great grandchildren will be reading about this.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Let me see if i can get this timeline correct...
-DOJ sells weapons to drug cartels aka Fast and Furious
-US citizen killed in drone strike abroad.
-Sec. State supports UN weapons ban and treaty of the sea.
-Obama arguing for warrant-less GPS tracking (SCOTUS overturned).
-PIPA/CISPA
-DHS buys 1.6 Billion rounds of ammo.
-American ambassador and four exSEALS killed in Benghazi, 30 survivors in hiding. Benghazi Order to Stand Down
-Several top US generals fired.
-OBAMA promote military officers who AGREE THEY WOULD FIRE ON AMERICAN CITIZENS if called upon.
-Massive push for "assault weapons" ban begins.
-Sequester cuts money to US military and local law enforcement.
-DHS buys 2717 armored vehicles.
-DOJ claims POTUS CAN use a drone strike to kill a US Citizen on US soil without warrant or due process, BUT only in an emergency, like if they were a terrorist (to be defined by some bureaucrat.

What, me worried? Nah, we have RAND

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
when was the last time there was a filibuster like this?

democrats?

1964 robert c. byrd, a democrat, mr. KKK himself, filibustered the civil rights act for 14 hours.

huh isn't that something?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Petition for the Whitehouse to respond to Sen. Paul

petitions.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
As a Canadian, I'm proud of Rand Paul. I hope he follows in his father footsteps with great zeal. Freedom loving people are behind Rand Paul.

edit on 6-3-2013 by Taikun because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by WildWorld

Screw the petitions; they are farce supplication of how the system works. It is time to engage your representatives and put them to the fire; in this case, your State Senators. Let them know that if they don't stand up to this they will be seeking a new job come their term expiration.

This very reason is why it is dangerous to have direct elections of Senators and not have them beholden to the States. How many States would agree that the Federal Government is allowed to arbitrary kill one of their citizens?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
This government of ours that people think would never use drones against us, instituted the TSA and Uber Gestapo airport checkpoints to prevent us from bringing box cutters on planes so we couldn't use one to overpower a couple hundred people on board, but now changed their rules to allow knives on planes.....
The idiocracy that can drum that logic up surely can find a way to justify using a drone on say a children's hospital if they think maybe the janitor is a threat to their State doctrine.

Bravo Senator Paul.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I may be fantasizing a little...but, what if...what if Rand is as good as Ron? I mean, he's young enough to keep the idea going a long, long time. This is surely going to make him a lot more well known. I really don't even wanna type it out because I don't wanna jinx it. But...WHAT IF?!? I'm just leery you know? That whole endorsing Romney thing really shook me and pissed me off. I can give him another chance, especially after this, but I don't trust easily.

If he's the same kind of man his father is.....oh my god.

Obi-Wan: "He was our last chance."

*assumes Yoda voice*

"No, there is another..."

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by WildWorld

Signed...tweeted and farce booked it.....

Des

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Thank you Senator Ted Cruz! That was an epic reading of
St Crispens Speech...

....This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered-
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

edit on 6-3-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Greetings, ATS.

I must admit, when Rand Paul endorsed Mitt Romney my faith plumetted. I wasn't sure what to think and figured only time would tell if he'd just been playing politics with his endorsement or was truly just another puppet. However, I thought to myself, hey the Founding Fathers played politics. Ben Franklin masqueraded as a quaker to uphold a certain image when he was ambassador to France so that America may garner support.

Fast forward to this very minute and my faith in Rand is surely though cautiosly being restored. I still retain a degree of skepticism especially since I fell for the Obama hype. I now live by the words of Aristotle: "It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without accepting it."

How uplifting this moment is. These men are still going and speaking some influential substance as well. Long live the Jefferson & Madison mentality.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Malynn

Well that is why you have to keep him on a tight leash. If you start showing his support and he starts to wonder away from the ideals that he is pronouncing today then drop him like a bad habit. I personally don't get too attached to any politician no matter how great they sound or act.

That being said, maybe he supported Romney during the election to not make waves until he was in the right position to really do something.

CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER: Stroke of political genius. He will be remembered. This raises his image, and he’s completely sincere about this. This will be a moment that people will say has launched him as a national figure.

source
edit on 6-3-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join