It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul Filibustering Over Drones: I Will Not Let Obama ‘Shred the Constitution’

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Senator Rand Paul‏@SenRandPaul

If you give up your rights now, don't expect to get them back.

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
We are not going to have Terrorist Tuesdays in America

Rand Paul

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Had to put the live feed on the other laptop to the telly! Wow, always liked Rand, cause he is from my state, but man I have respect for what an orator he really is. Gee, Ky is home to another famous orator Henry Clay.

He's really laying out the injustice of power and secrets. Keep it coming I got all night to watch this!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Somebody prove this statement wrong:

I think its also safe to say that Barack Obama of 2007 would be right down here with me arguing against this drone-strike program if he were in the Senate. - Senator Rand Paul

edit on 6-3-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Watching this live... Should've known ATS would've had this up. win!

At this rate, as long as he's been speaking (about 4+ hours now) it doesn't look like he plans to stop anytime soon. Looks like this is going to be an all day/night event. grab the popcorn... this is going to be entertaining.

I hope he keeps them locked up in DC until midnight or later.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
#standwithrand trending 3rd in US, 4th worldwide.

Other top twitter trends
#Rand Paul
#Filibuster

Senator Rand Paul ‏@SenRandPaul
If you give up your rights now, don't expect to get them back.

Even Cenk of TYT is supporting Rand on this.

Cenk Uygur ‏@cenkuygur
Rand Paul Filibusters Obama Pick. Go Rand Go!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
**Reminder**

This isn't 4 chan guys, please keep the visual pictures and memes to a minimum. Quotes are find, but serious political discussion isn't accomplished via meme generator.

~Tenth
ATS Mod

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

so the masses know about the drones then? Good... he's been up there for hours it seems, and now he's having a snickers lmao

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Not really saying anything new but The New York Times put an article up about 40 minutes ago talking about many of the same things that you guys have mentioned in this thread. However, it does speak in the past tense like the filibuster is over or something.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Well, after today if they were actually going to clarify, I think they would do
it tonight. I cant see them wanting the whole world to pay attention to this.

He has pretty much cornered them every which way so far.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Its almost as if he's got the whole nation behind him right now. Almost all of the major political mainstream and alternate pundits/commenators/journalists are throwing their weight behind him. Social media and news sites are blowing up with comments. Congressmen and senators have tweeted and posted that they're leaving their offices to head over to the senate floor in support of Rand.

Only the few, 'now radical' Obama sheep are standing firm behind their great Chief Executive Emperor.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Agreed, I see that too.

The die-hards are still supporting him.

people are actually taking a PAUL seriously.... this is something else.

All I have to say about this is... GO Rand GO!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

Hungry?

Why wait...

grab a snickers.

Snickers just found their new spokesperson.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Will be interesting to see what the tyrants will do if Rand Paul is successful in his filibuster. The day of confrontation between liberty and tyranny is fast coming upon us.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Shouldn't they all be "Anti-Drone" senators? Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought they all swore to uphold the same Constitution when sworn into office. Also, killing an American citizen on American soil without due process is not Constitutional, no one should need the supreme court to tell them that.

Needed to add that Mr. Holder should be relaying his comments about drone strikes from behind bars, not sending a memo from his office. The fact he is not only championing the legality of this but also speaking on gun legislation feels like getting kicked right in the teeth and then being urinated on while getting lit on fire. Seriously.
edit on 6-3-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by HeliousAlso, killing an American citizen on American soil without due process is not Constitutional, no one should need the supreme court to tell them that.

Apparently Obama does...and repeatedly too.

#STANDWITHRAND
Now #1 top twitter trend.

ACLU now backing Rand Paul.
www.breitbart.com...

On Wednesday afternoon, Christopher Anders, Senior Legislative Council at the American Civil Liberties Union in Washington D.C., spoke with Breitbart News exclusively about Senator Rand Paul’s filibuster of the John Brennan nomination to CIA director over the administration’s failures to answer questions about domestic use of drones. Anders backed Paul to the hilt, and was highly critical of the Obama administration.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Senator Rand Paul‏@SenRandPaul

"We should try people for treason. It's one of the four crimes
given to the federal courts in the Constitution."

twitter.com...

link   

Rand is exposing and acknowledging those core beliefs that his Father touts with such popularity.

Previously, Rand was considered more pro-GOP and establishment than Ron, but his true colors are now shining.

Its amazing how much more credible your presentation en mass can be when you are a credible Senator.

He is in a good position, in my opinion. Not only has been assimilated successfully into main-stream politics,
and now he is exploding truth from the inside-out.

It shows that sometimes its better to wait to get inside of the enemy's walls, and reform from within, rather than attack those established and fortified defenses already set up.

What he is discussing, is truth. I think both sides can agree on the majority of what he is saying.

edit on 6-3-2013 by nuclearabstraction because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by burntheships

You do know Harry Reid is probably being fed a crap sandwich by this Administration right about now.

The fact that Harry was so complacent that he forgot to file the paper work to keep this from happening....well..

I'd hate to be him right now.....

Des

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

You do know Harry Reid is probably being fed a crap sandwich by this Administration right about now.

The fact that Harry was so complacent that he forgot to file the paper work to keep this from happening....well..

I'd hate to be him right now.....

Des

Did you see his face? He was actually diminished, and flustered.
Either he forgot, or overlooked it, in any case, yes I bet he is getting his right now.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join