It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could This be the First Evidence of Aliens and The Afterlife Being Related?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

That is more reasonable with an explanation for why it could be a hoax other then "because it was dark"

I'm open to the possibility of your explanation.

Would really like to know if there has been anyone else who has tried this and what kind of results they have gotten.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

I can write in the dark, but it ain't going to be as pretty as the ones in the video

Was just hoping for a better explanation on why someone thinks it's fake other then because it was dark or because no night vision allowed. Far to many people claim hoax on stuff without a valid reason, and half the time the things they claim hoax on are actually real.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I watched this documentary and find it way too controversial. A lot of undocumented and refusal of documenting events took place which is an indication of false claims. Hearing someone tell a story of how they talk to spirits and then deny scientist to use cameras to document sessions in every physical aspect of a room is nothing short but just that, a ghost story for kids. I believe in ghost and have had experiences but would not ask someone to sit in the dark for hours for 10 seconds of knocks on walls or 2 seconds of voices caught on E.V.P. That to me is just ridiculous. I can do that myself and then ask someone to investigate my finding on their own without my presence. That to me would be to different people coming up with either two different experiences or the same experience to further prove my findings to be facts of evidence.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienDNA
uhm.. guys?

The scole experiments was proven totally and utterly invalid :S
im really surprised this isnt common consensus on ATS :S

makes me wonder... if Im on the right forum...

care to present a link...

for the rest of us new to this experiment ?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Lostmymarbles

Would really like to know if there has been anyone else who has tried this and what kind of results they have gotten

star for this ..

statement alone ~! my thoughts exactly ..

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Here's one.
skeptoid.com...

Perhaps the biggest red flag in the Scole Experiment is the venue in which the sittings took place: a room in the basement of the house in Scole where two of the mediums lived, Robin and Sandra Foy. Rather than controlling the environment, the investigators ceded total control over the room and conditions to the mediums.

edit on 3/2/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tomylong
I watched this documentary and find it way too controversial. A lot of undocumented and refusal of documenting events took place which is an indication of false claims. Hearing someone tell a story of how they talk to spirits and then deny scientist to use cameras to document sessions in every physical aspect of a room is nothing short but just that, a ghost story for kids.

I believe in ghost and have had experiences but would not ask someone to sit in the dark for hours for 10 seconds of knocks on walls or 2 seconds of voices caught on E.V.P. That to me is just ridiculous. I can do that myself and then ask someone to investigate my finding on their own without my presence. That to me would be to different people coming up with either two different experiences or the same experience to further prove my findings to be facts of evidence.

star~!

If that's what the video is stating.. then yea.. completely not a valid experiment IAW with standard set-up for experimentation in the scienctific field..

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Komodo

Here's one.
skeptoid.com...

Perhaps the biggest red flag in the Scole Experiment is the venue in which the sittings took place: a room in the basement of the house in Scole where two of the mediums lived, Robin and Sandra Foy. Rather than controlling the environment, the investigators ceded total control over the room and conditions to the mediums.

edit on 3/2/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

thx Phage..

enough said ..

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Whats the mad face for? You really get angry over what someone is stating as an opinion? Glad you are not my science buddy.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Well for starters. They have no proof what it is inside the vase that lights up. They give their opinion what it is. These events are better to be believed by experience and not by video alone because everyone has their side of what it is or could be. Because they will not let scientist in on what it is that lights up inside the vase, no one, even you or myself can say what it is that illuminates. Could be a light effect of trickery or it could be the real thing plus the documentary is old and done with poor taste. Kids ghost story to me and thats all it is.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by BurialKing
I watched the full documentary on this not too long ago and basically they have not done any of these experiments since the original ones which I think were back in the late 90's. Also they refused to allow Night Vision or Infrared Cameras into the basement where it took place as they thought it might "scare the spirits away" that left me believing it was complete rubbish.

If its Rubbish explain the pictures then? they look real.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ah yes skeptoid how reliable, the same site that tries to debunk everything
As usual the skeptics would always try to bring down something good and interesting due to there fears.

Even though i am not agaisnt all skeptics but i believe your viewpoint that everything in the video is hoaxed is highly out of touch.

The videos were made in 1997 only before Photoshop came out to be. How could it be hoaxed?

edit on 3-3-2013 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

edit on 3-3-2013 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

That link doesn't prove it was a hoax but just explains why they think it was a hoax. There is a difference in the two.

Though they make some very good points as to why it could be a hoax, that is where it stops, just points with no proof.

I don't like how the whole experiment was conducted and how the mediums had total control but that in itself is not proof it was a hoax. This is becoming one of those "don't believe them, believe me" type of things.

Almost like asking an Ettin (D&D) who owns the body.

I was unable to find anything on people having attempted to reproduce the experiment and what results that got (using same level technology). I am still looking it up when time is available.

I'm not saying I accept it as true but I'm also not going to be quick to call it a hoax because someone tells me so. Not a lemming nor a sheep...

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Ah yes skeptoid how reliable, the same site that tries to debunk everything
So you think everything was on the up and up. No chance of trickery. Ok. Oh, did you read the article?

The videos were made in 1997 only before Photoshop came out to be. How could it be hoaxed?

You're kidding, right?

One of the investigators, Alan Gauld, wrote critically of how he discovered this locked box could be quickly and easily opened in the dark, which allowed for easy substitution of film rolls. This box was provided by the mediums. Whenever any other sealed container was used, no images ever appeared on the film. Yet even while acknowledging these facts, the authors of the Scole Report still maintain that the film images are most likely evidence of the supernatural.

skeptoid.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

I'm not saying I accept it as true but I'm also not going to be quick to call it a hoax because someone tells me so.
Sooooo. Where does that leave us? Maybe it's true and maybe it's not. Groovy.

You are aware that there is a very, very long tradition of faked seances, right?
Why would this be any different, knowing what you know about how the "experiments" were conducted?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Your still citing from skeptoid the same site that claims to have debunked.

1.The Rothschild Conspiracy

2.The Zionist Conspiracy

On that debunking piece of the Zionist Conspiracy the writers completely forget to mention that the majority of the news outlets boss are owned by Jews and even some of the news anchors are Jewish, Bank managers at the some banks are Jewish.

And who influences the Government Phage? AIPAC They have being influencing the government since the cold war. So that Conspiracy is not far from off.

That site lost me on this debunking piece.

Beware the Bilderberg Group

Once a year, the world's top power brokers meet. Are they really planning Global Domination?

And honestly attacking the Georgia Guidestones?

Dubbed "America's Stonehenge", this granite monument in Georgia appeals to all sorts of conspiracy theorists.

Here's the best one yet.

The Truth about Aspartame (Skeptoid #127) - The artificial sweetener aspartame is falsely accused of being the cause of nearly every disease.

Who would want to defend Aspartame? there are really some laughable moments where they defend such things which i just cant help it and wonder why?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tomylong
reply to post by Komodo

Whats the mad face for? You really get angry over what someone is stating as an opinion? Glad you are not my science buddy.

huh?? ~!!

the mad face wasn't at you .. so I have NO idea what you're talking about but I think you missed why I had the mad face.. but anyways ...I gave you a star because I thought what you said was good ..

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Trickery has always been a part of life. Just look at politics

But that does not mean everything is. I just try to keep an open mind. Until I can get more information on something, I try not to judge it but instead keep open the possibilities of both sides.

This could just be the one time that it is legit even after all the tail tail signs of a hoax or it could be a hoax. That is why I'm looking for more sources. I do think it is odd that they did no follow up on their findings but it is also odd that I cannot find anyone else attempting this. The topic is very interesting which is why I do not wish to rush to judgement and would like to read up more on it and whether others have attempted this.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by alienDNA

Care to provide proof?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join