It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Waiting Game: Do You Feel It?

page: 62
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
reply to post by Sly1one

Ive always felt like im a different race from my peers. I can remember in my late teens being dragged out to nightclubs by "friends", and not having any clue how people could be enjoying being packed into dark, hot, expensive hellholes incapable of holding a conversation also Ive never understand the human desire for the aquisition of material wealth.

its horrible and difficult "being different". I want our time to come, i want my world/life back. Does that make sense??

Oh dear, this sounds exactly like me! I was also dragged to a night club once, and felt like an alien dropped on the planet of the weird. I was sitting there in my chair, trying to become invisible, and feeling all the while like a little white bowl of green jello on the buffet line... everybody passes by and looks at you funny, then goes on. Honestly, I was scared to death with those crazy people milling around! It's just not my type of environment.

I too have been waiting on something, feeling like I was supposed to do something, but never quite sure what that was. Since I started meditating a few years ago and learning how to pick up on energy, I feel like I'm moving toward what I'm supposed to be doing. In learning about myself and whatever "gifts" I may have, I feel like I'm finding my peeps, so to speak. Every time I find a new thread to read on here, I feel like I'm inching towards home. It's such a thrill to find people who understand what it is to think freely, and exchange ideas without becoming militant. I love this place!!!

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Perhaps you've been more of an observer when you're really meant to be a participant?

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I don't think so, for me at least. I still feel it. In fact, it's stronger than ever.

A shame that this thread has become silent. I agree that the feeling has amplified since. Maybe due to the recent tragedies; I have also noticed a change in many of the people I associate myself with on a day to day basis. They appear to be more restless than before. Many of them even exclaiming how exhausted they have become at this point of their lives.

There is no doubt that times are changing fast, I see more cars abandoned on the side of the highways; many of our local stores going out of business. Grocery store stock has gone down, deliveries have become delayed. Clinics denying people care because their insurance is no longer in network with the establishment.

I joke about it from time to time with my brothers. We are still anxious, now more than ever.
edit on 4-5-2013 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mortalhelix
reply to post by Res Ipsa

Indeed.

If a group like this was to get together, the enemy would tremble.

Love it!

Seriously, it would be very cool if a bunch of us could get together. It would be so nice to swap theories and philosophies over drinks instead of over internet connections. We're so spread out over the globe, it would have to be regional at best!

I'm 48 and have been reading this thread for a while, waiting to respond to the comment that moved me the most, and this was it... so far! I've felt "not of this world" since I was a kid, and wondered why I never seemed to be able to do the social things most people do. Supposedly, I should want to go get drunk, get sick, and call it fun. I should actively search for people to hurt me and then destroy myself because it failed. I'm supposed to put on an act daily, and then be surprised when everything falls apart after revealing my true self. I just don't get it.

I have been on one date in my entire life, and that was at 27. I love learning and expanding my knowledge, opening my mind for new ideas, and I just can't seem to find anyone of the opposite sex who thinks or feels the same way I do, except in a format where I'll never meet any of them! It's almost like I have set myself up for failure every time I try. I would stop trying, if not for that tiny little voice saying 'maybe one more time...'

Regardless, I share so many past experiences, personality traits, and a myriad of other interests with other posters on here that it's a bit mind blowing. This is one of those rare threads where you can totally be yourself and say what you believe without fear of ridicule. Many thanks to the original poster for sharing!!!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I saw something fantastic in the sky last night.... I saw a Rainforest!!

I really wish I had a great Camera to Film the scene..... It was Magical!!

The Sky was dark.... Clouds were moving past this 'Rainforest' . The 'Rainforest' was just still...

I think I may have been shown something spectacular.....

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I'm sorry for bumping an old thread, but this is a very relevant thread to me. During a discussion on another online board I wrote the following, but due to the unserious nature of the board I got very few serious replies. Then I remembered seeing a thread here regarding the same matter. I'll paste it below.

Anyone else having the feel that they're "waiting" for something? Walking around doing nothing, almost counting the days.

You have no idea know what it is, all you know is that you're waiting. Hibernating. Observing. It feels uncomprehendable, something way bigger than you is in the making.
You're not waiting for a girlfriend, a new car, a new opportunity. No, the thing you're waiting for is special, very special. Nothing else matters. You can feel it deep in your bones, your guts almost shivering at the thought.
You feel like you should do something. At least attempt to change something, even just something minor, in this unjust world we're living in.

Ideas strife your mind every so often, yet you're not motivated to pull them through. Not because they're unpolished or plainly bad, but because they just don't feel right. They don't make your guts shiver.
Something deep, deep inside you tells you to hold on, to wait just a little bit longer. Continue scouting the terrain, if you like.

It's not a choice you've taken, sitting idly on the fence watching life go by. It feels like you're being forced. Forced to observe and play along, act like everything's cool.
You feel like you see through everything, from the # they send on TV these days to the poor bully at school. You read it all like an open book. You feel very little hatred, a lot of empathy. Your life has been fair and pleasant so far, as if you're protected from injustice. Even when you try to get knee-deep in # things still sort themselves out.

What ever it is you're waiting for, you trust your inner voice. Keep on waiting. It's almost tangible, you feel like you're getting close. Closer to your life's equinox, the reason you're alive.

This feeling is driving me crazy. I have contemplated on suicide several times the last couple of years, even prepared and manned up once. Luckily (I guess) I got saved by a phone call.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ThurgoodJ

Very good description of the feeling. It is frustrating, to feel as if you know something big is coming, something important, something world changing. And frustrating that others in your daily life don't seem to feel or sense it, or worse, think you are nuts if you voice your thoughts in this regard.

But, whether the "thing" comes, or happens, or shifts, or changes, or whatever, you and I may not be "here" when it happens. Or we will be. Or we may have an important role when it does arrive, occur, whatever. Or we may not have a role, but just be a quiet observer.

Hard to say. But all the same, the feeling remains.

I've learned to live with it. And sometimes, I think it works best (for me at least) to just be in nature, to read thoughtful books (example, reading Power, Freedom Grace by Chopra now), that make you think about spirit.
Leaving deliberately should never be part of the plan. We all have roles to play in a higher destiny. Your smile or polite words of encouragement or letting a bloke onto the freeway on ramp by being a courteous driver -- any of these simple things could have ripples and ramifications that change lives -- and you would never know that you had impact.

Thanks for joining this phenomenal thread!

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Question for everyone:

Do any of you feel as if you're just an "observer" here...like there's something different about you, your inner being? I find a lot of what other people do to be "childish" (not the right word but close). I feel like they're not paying attention to whatever is coming, and that they are going to miss it when (or if) it ever happens. At the same time, I feel an overwhelming sense of compassion towards others and genuinely want to help them, especially those who, by their own admission, are suffering. I kinda feel like the grow up in the room, the chaperone, so to speak.

Maybe I'm really nuts, though. That's always a possibility.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I have gone by some variant of observer on forums for about 15 years now. The basis for the usage of such a nickname was that that is what I felt like--like all I was is somebody that just watches the world and its interactions. It's actually why I am an analyst because, no matter what, I couldn't stop watching and accumulating information. If I stumbled on something that hit a nerve, it'd literally be like a thousand file cabinets would be opening in my head til I found the linking piece of information. Visualized just about everything as being a piece on a chessboard. Doing so, I could predict, in a non-clairvoyant way, probable outcomes of the sum of seemingly unrelated events. I was very effective at it. Wasn't until last year that I actually stumbled across what it was that I was doing and realized that I had learned to do it as a kid in a specialized program. It's called game theory. Whereas previously I'd say about 80% of my life was pure observing and calculating, now I'd say that I spend maybe 10% of my time doing it. Primary reasons for the change is because a. I find it repugnant and b. I feel zero obligation and chose to let the chips fall as they will. Sounds harsh and maybe it is but I have a pretty mighty chip on my shoulder now. I've simply looked too deeply into the rabbit hole and not through any rubbish that finds itself on the net. I went straight for what was within university databases.

I would honestly say trust very little on the net. Do you honestly think that if anything came close to hitting reality, those in power would allow it to stay?

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I would honestly say trust very little on the net. Do you honestly think that if anything came close to hitting reality, those in power would allow it to stay?
reply to post by WhiteAlice

I honestly don't know. I'm not sure I believe there is an elite ruling class pulling the strings of a shadow government.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

reply to post by WhiteAlice

I honestly don't know. I'm not sure I believe there is an elite ruling class pulling the strings of a shadow government.

Never meant to imply that there was. I believe that the wealthy elite have considerable amount of power within our world beyond a doubt but I do not think that they are always operating in line with each other as a shadow government would imply. I suspect that it's generally a matter of competition with periodic bouts of common interests at stake. So you'll see the formation of something like ALEC because those involved have a self interest that leads them to create and join it. There are most likely as many factions within the "elite" as there are in the rest of the population. Their activities just tend to draw more notice at times because they are large and powerful. Factions are most likely created when those self interests collide or fall in line with each other. The one thing that they all have in common with each other is the desire/need for information control. In other words, if somebody has dirt on you, it's in your self interest to control the access to that dirt and, depending on the level of power an entity has, the more shenanigans that can take place to steer public perception in the way that most suits them. So really, there isn't one single class working together at all. It's just as much of a war up there as it is down here. It's only when those self interests fall in line where a shadow government may seem to exist. Overall, I'd say that the idea of shadow government shouldn't necessarily be an image of any sort of Illuminati but when collusion takes place to bring the government to its knees.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Question for everyone:

Do any of you feel as if you're just an "observer" here...like there's something different about you, your inner being? I find a lot of what other people do to be "childish" (not the right word but close). I feel like they're not paying attention to whatever is coming, and that they are going to miss it when (or if) it ever happens. At the same time, I feel an overwhelming sense of compassion towards others and genuinely want to help them, especially those who, by their own admission, are suffering. I kinda feel like the grow up in the room, the chaperone, so to speak.

Yes. Observer is a good word. Since I was a little kid, I watched my friends, my parents, my brothers, my teachers...watched and wondered. They seemed so different from me, or I was so different from them. They fought, they gossiped, they belittled, they worried about stuff that seemed inconsequential. Sometimes they were nice and fun and pleasant, but there always seemed to be a "gotcha" or an expectation or role I would have to play in order to continue to experience their "happy" personas. Weird.

I felt "older" and even "wiser" in some ways, without feeling haughty or "better than" others. Like they were children, even when I was the child and they might be adults.

Now, I may be older than some in the room, or still younger than some, but I feel they are sleepwalking and interacting with me in their sleepwalking "dream" sometimes. I want to say, look, killing yourself to kill the weeds in the yard is ludicrous; or arguing with the waiter is useless or meanspiriited; or working 10 hours a day is like being a slave (which I do myself btw). Even arguing on ATS makes me sigh. Not sure why stars and flags mean anything. Why degrading or being rude or argumentative here is deemed okay by some. It seems, well, childish.

Perhaps the way of ego, small 'self' and the observer is linked to 'Self' -- ?

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Ive been following and participating in this thread,
but i havnt had anything to add to it lately.
i came across this and felt it relevant

you are'nt like them

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

Sums it up perfectly.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Part God.... Part Human.

We must prevent this World from dying a sad death.

We must rid ourselves of the fools who reside here....

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Hey Waiting Game posters - miss you guys! I keep checking but nothing new here for some time.

I had a very strong "sense of impending doom" feeling yesterday. Couldn't shake it. Nothing happened in my life personally. I know things happen everywhere, every moment, so there's always something "bad" happening somewhere to someone. I'm glad the feeling has passed. I am not one to be "anxious" for no reason, but this sort of stirred in my heart all day on 7/3.

Here's an odd thought: wonder sometimes if things that could come to pass don't because of some type of intervention that we aren't aware of. Not saying it's so, just speculating.... or if time "jumps" to a different line.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
i can only say...if you want to understand the waiting game. Watch all you can find from Alan Watts

edit on 5-7-2013 by kauskau because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Galadriel
Hey Waiting Game posters - miss you guys! I keep checking but nothing new here for some time.

I had a very strong "sense of impending doom" feeling yesterday. Couldn't shake it. Nothing happened in my life personally. I know things happen everywhere, every moment, so there's always something "bad" happening somewhere to someone. I'm glad the feeling has passed. I am not one to be "anxious" for no reason, but this sort of stirred in my heart all day on 7/3.

Here's an odd thought: wonder sometimes if things that could come to pass don't because of some type of intervention that we aren't aware of. Not saying it's so, just speculating.... or if time "jumps" to a different line.

I've wondered about this before, too...but maybe your feeling could be due to the turmoil in Egypt?

I've also wondered if perhaps we are empaths, if such a thing exists. Maybe these feelings are simply picked up from those around us....I don't know. But it's intriguing to think about.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Has anyone else's feeling of impending doom dissipated finally? Mine seems to have.. I no longer felt it as of about a couple of weeks ago. It's a relief, but I have no basis for why I felt the way I did.

Peace.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I think we are right on the cusp of some very incredible technological realizations and inventions.

Like all technology, it is a double edged sword. The technology itself is not an issue, but how it is used is.

If we are able to perceive things that have not happened, then it could be said that what is felt is simply the "experience" of something of a massive scale occurring somewhere along the timeline.

Since the exact events would change, due to free will, how these technologies will be used is a matter of possibility and probability.

When the probabilities of our current timeline line up with the very real possibility of advanced technology being used to create destruction, perhaps we pre-emptively feel this event. And likewise, when the probabilities of the current timeline line up with the advanced technology being used to prosper and enable everyone, we could possibly feel this pre-emptively as well.

Just something to throw out there. Have you ever imaging what our technology will look like in 10 years? 20 years? 50 years?

new topics

top topics

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join