The Waiting Game: Do You Feel It?

page: 60
<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I asked the mods about posting the compilation thread info and never heard back. What's interesting, that thread is still available to look at, so you can check out the data for yourself.

Since I'm tired of waiting, and this thread continues to pull at me, I'm going to post a summary of the personality test

Basically, a large percentage of the posters indicated they were XNXX (I know, it's vague, but I don't want to get this thread closed too).

So a lot of folks who responded tested as introverts n the personality quiz.

Which leads to a few possibilities. 1. Everyone who enjoys posting on an anonymous website is likely to be introverted to a certain degree, it allows us to connect with others but still be in control of the amount of interaction. I think this is very plausible.

2. People who test as introverts are more contemplative in nature, thus more in tune to their feelings and more apt to notice "a disturbance in the force." (From a similar thread)

I'm going with number two here. 1 is plausible, yes....but I think for whatever reason the folks on this thread are simply tuning into whatever is out there. Maybe through meditation, contemplation, isolation, or what have you.

Now, I'd like to pose another question. I can't see how this question could possibly point to a person's identity, but if it makes you uneasy then no worries.

Do you meditate? If so, how often? On what topics?

I meditate on death quite a lot. Not on dying, but the physical state of being dead. I love visiting old cemeteries and graveyards and meditating on the lives of those who rest there. Why? I guess it's a reminder of my own mortality, to make life count. It's also a way to try and connect with those who've gone before (I am not claiming communication; I have never seen a ghost).

As to the feeling of waiting.....I felt this week that something happened and, as a result, things have sped up. No timetables, no idea what "things", its just a feeling.

Hope you are all well, my friends.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Thought i'd come in and bounce the thread!

This week has gone by very quickly... no sooner had last Friday come and gone, the next Friday was here again in a flash!

Thanks Smiley for the updated info above. I am definately Introverted but I am also labelled 'Schizophenic' which has a lot to do with my being Introverted.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Do you meditate? If so, how often? On what topics?

I meditate not as often as I would like, Mainly after work. I live out in the rural area of my location so hearing the breeze run the the trees is always a welcomed sound. At first I meditated about my health and the health of my loved ones, the people I knew on a personal level. Then I moved into asking why everything was and why everything seemed so complex. I then had a vision on the human DNA and its complexity.

Lately I have been meditating on what is going on throughout the world today and why it is all happening now. I come to with tears in my eyes. It is indeed sad to a certain point. I just need to give people time. If everything went my way I am more than sure a lot of people would be unhappy.
That is the last thing I want!

Putting those two experiences together I have become more forgiving on a day to day basis. I try not to be angry at the littlest things and look towards the long run and more on how things will end up.

In a way I have started to feel somewhat of an older brother to a lot of people. I can show them a good way to do things or carry out living, but I will not interfere on how they decide to live their lives. I tend to consider myself a whisper in the wind.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Meditating on death is a healthy thing to do, and we all should prepare ourselves and get comfortable with the idea. I don't assume that I'll be around tomorrow, since all of us have an expiration date in the physical sense. I recently read an excellent piece of literature on this subject, and it really helped me along these lines.

The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying

Many people are under the impression that you have to close your eyes to meditate. I've always meditated with my eyes open. This is also the way that is recommended in the aforementioned book.

This thread is a one stop shop.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

TRUTH
Truth is the rarest thing on earth
it should be understood
by those in search of happiness
that Truth alone is good
(Beverley Job)
Hello smyleegirl, may God bless you and keep you

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
To all the people still waiting;

There is no waiting for anything you can start NOW. In fact, there is not anything else than NOW. No yesterday, no tomorrow, only NOW, always. You might wait for a certain something (aliens landing, you awakening in a new dimension et cetera), but that will just keep you waiting. What you actually are waiting for is yourself, namely for yourself to realize that you are it. There is nothing much going on outside of yourself (although it always seems so, this only maya or illusion), so if you want to stop waiting, start looking within. Here are some 'hints' to get you started;

#Chakra #Dharma #Satori #Kundalini #DNA activation #Meditation #Mindfulness #Yogi #Esoteric #Nirvana #Healing #Karma #Enlightenment #Third eye #Love

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I meditate at least once (usually before bed) everyday.

But lately, the whole house has been doing more mediation. My 15 year old and soon to be 10 year old girls have both began to learn meditation. One prefers to lay down to meditate, the other prefers the lotus pose.

Lots of meditation going on in the my home right now. I'm excited!

Peace,
Cirque

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
For those who later in the thread started to mention dreaming of those who have passed on...I mentioned in an earlier post that it was occurring with me as well in recent months...

And last night, I again had a dream of my dear love who passed away many years ago now. Except this dream was as real as real can be -- with such 3-D physicality -- touch, sound and smell was as real as my waking life. My sweetheart was as real as ever -- and it was such a beautiful dream. Hugging him was like he was there.

I woke once, and didn't want the dream to end, so I went back into it until the alarm rang. I was so happy all day, like I had been given such a gift.

But, this evening I am crying like I haven't done in years. It feels like I just lost him again, as if I had just seen him for real last night and now he's back amongst the spirits. The "wound" feels so fresh, that it has me taken aback.

I probably shouldn't be sharing this here or anywhere, but just feel that no one I know in my "non virtual life" would understand - and would think I'm nuts for crying 15 years later, because of a dream.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Galadriel
For those who later in the thread started to mention dreaming of those who have passed on...I mentioned in an earlier post that it was occurring with me as well in recent months...

And last night, I again had a dream of my dear love who passed away many years ago now. Except this dream was as real as real can be -- with such 3-D physicality -- touch, sound and smell was as real as my waking life. My sweetheart was as real as ever -- and it was such a beautiful dream. Hugging him was like he was there.

I woke once, and didn't want the dream to end, so I went back into it until the alarm rang. I was so happy all day, like I had been given such a gift.

But, this evening I am crying like I haven't done in years. It feels like I just lost him again, as if I had just seen him for real last night and now he's back amongst the spirits. The "wound" feels so fresh, that it has me taken aback.

I probably shouldn't be sharing this here or anywhere, but just feel that no one I know in my "non virtual life" would understand - and would think I'm nuts for crying 15 years later, because of a dream.
I'm sorry you had to wake from that dream. I can understand. I have memories from past lives wherein I lost my one true love. I've just barely met one with whom I wish to spend my life, and I'm 42. I've waited so long because I've always weighed the pain of loss against how much joy someone brings me in the moment. No one should think you're 'nuts' for crying over such a loss. If they do, they haven't felt a loss like that and are in no position to judge. Feel it. Follow that emotion as deep as it wants to go, so it can heal.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by seamus

Seamus - thank you for your kind words of comfort. Today is a better day. No more tears today. But - wow - dreams can be so real and so powerful. And love, when it is a real love, is beyond Time itself I suppose.
Thanks again.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I was walking back to my apartment about an hour ago and passed a house. I got an urge to stare at the house as I walked past for some strange reason and a few seconds later noticed that the address was 1111. So it isn't just clocks

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by seamus

Those were beautiful and wise words! 

I do not think anyone is nuts for feeling this way either. I too, share a similar experience and have terrible fits of insomnia because I am haunted in my dreams. I try to stay up late on ats filling my mind with info and writing just to avoid what happens when I close my eyes. During my waking hours, I am just fine, I go about my life and enjoy myself. But at night, this sadness creeps up on me. It has been 14 years since I last saw my first love, and yet despite my best efforts, he is in my dreams just as if he was standing next to me as I write this. I can still hear his voice, see his smile, I even can smell him. I love my husband dearly, but it is a totally different kind of love, he is a totally different person. I know this similar sense of loss very well, and my heart goes out to you both. 

This is a song that I listen to sometimes, in my quite 4am delirium, it sums up my feelings regarding this insomnia thing pretty well (fair warning, it is a pretty sad song)

Autumn's Monologue

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain. But you feel it. You felt it your entire life: that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there. Like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me. Do you know what I'm talking about?...

Do you want to know what it is? This Matrix? The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your TV. You can feel it when you go to work, when you go to church, when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

edit on 20-3-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Galadriel
reply to post by seamus

Seamus - thank you for your kind words of comfort. Today is a better day. No more tears today. But - wow - dreams can be so real and so powerful. And love, when it is a real love, is beyond Time itself I suppose.
Thanks again.
Sure it is! You've see Cloud Atlas, haven't you? If not I would recommend renting or buying it. It's worth several watches.

You're welcome

ETA: Just read to the end of the page and found two consecutive plugs for Wachowski films, one in my post and one in Truthinthemist's post. That isn't coincidence.
edit on 21-3-2013 by seamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by seamus

Cloud Atlas? Great Film I thought... and worth another watch.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Where's everybody gone? This thread was well lively!!

It's dying a whimper....

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I have a feeling of impending doom!!!

I cant shake it at the moment.

Probably to do with an Impending war breaking out and it wont be an easy thing to deal with.....

I'm serious.... this feeling is bringing my whole self into depression and boredom....

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
I have a feeling of impending doom!!!

I cant shake it at the moment.

Probably to do with an Impending war breaking out and it wont be an easy thing to deal with.....

I'm serious.... this feeling is bringing my whole self into depression and boredom....

Me, too. I hope it's just the rhetoric over North Korea. But I'm very, very scared at the moment.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

You know... I'm not asserting that this means anything. And you know how skeptical I am of such correlations. But I am too, and have been for a few days. And I have absolutely no idea why. It's like an overwhelming instinct to hide from some ominous, impending fate. Again, I'm not saying it means anything, and I'm open minded but skeptical as always. But the last time I felt this way, it was much more specific, with regard to my mother, and she became gravely ill for nearly a year almost immediately after the feeling struck. And this time it feels much less specific, much more general, and much more amorphous and hard to pin down. Pervasive.

Personal disclosure: I do suffer from anxiety, and so I offer that caveat whenever making such posts in topics like these. But my anxiety doesn't feel like these rare episodes do. I've only felt this way before once, and it was when my mom got sick. My anxiety is typically much more obvious and biological feeling. Heart racing, etc. You know. Panic attacks. Social anxiety. Problems I know I have and have freely avowed many times on ATS. But this, both in this instance and last time, is different and feels external. Not at all physical. Almost like it's something outside of me that I'm simply aware of. It's very strange and intensely unpleasant, as it was last time.

Again... not asserting that it means anything. Peace and good will to all regardless.
edit on 4/5/2013 by AceWombat04 because: Typo

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
We are getting close now. Ground as best you can and staying close to the Earth will assist with the transition. The portals are opening. Stand firm in your alignment to your Sovereign Divinity and don't forget to breathe!

new topics

top topics

<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join