It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd Amendment Day of Resistance Armed Rally at My Capital

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by stargatetravels
reply to post by SaturnFX

Absolutely, you're spot on.
Can you also imagine if this group or larger group were Muslims doing the exact same thing, all had guns strapped to them and it was called 'Muslims for the constitution' can you imagine the same posters in this thread and what they would be saying.

Your post is just honest, you will just get grief and called a race-baiter but I think you make an excellent point.

edit on 24-2-2013 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

Yeah I am sure the gun lovers would applaud this, muslims expressing their constitutional rights. Oh the irony.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   

reply to post by Scarface2013

Oh my, you sum up everything that is wrong with the pro-gun mental patients

Firstly - You really and truly believe that your government is out to get you and that they're hatching plans to come and take you away.

Paranoid Delusions

Secondly - you really believe that if this were the case (which it's not) you would have the capability to stop air strikes and drone attacks and missiles and tanks and 21st century modern battlefield war technology, with your handguns and rifles?

Delusions of grandeur

The gun crowd have some very real, very troubling, deep-rooted mental problems and just like any truly disturbed, mental people, they can't see it, they think they''re sane.

Oh dear you've just convinced me. Home invasion have never ever happened and if you think it does you're delusional. It's not like they kick down your door and kill your husband and dog right? That's just crazy. Ughhh and the insurgents in the Middle East held out so long all thanks to stealth fighter and aircraft carriers they bought from toys r us am I right? Of course, of course. Thanks, I'm no longer in denial of the reality because I just ram a brick wall head first until my brain turned into jelly and now I'm sane, just like you. I'm safe in my house and nothing can hurt me. I'm invincible!!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by stargatetravels

Paranoid delusions? I think not. The historical sequence is ALWAYS: Legislate, Confiscate, Subjegate, Exterminate. (Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Ahmein, Pot, Obama?)

Events like the OP described are just a peaceful reminder to those in charge that we have no intention of rolling over. Keep up the good work, Idaho!

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

reply to post by SaturnFX

Absolutely, you're spot on.
Can you also imagine if this group or larger group were Muslims doing the exact same thing, all had guns strapped to them and it was called 'Muslims for the constitution' can you imagine the same posters in this thread and what they would be saying.

Your post is just honest, you will just get grief and called a race-baiter but I think you make an excellent point.

Yeah I am sure the gun lovers would applaud this, muslims expressing their constitutional rights. Oh the irony.

HUGE difference in your picture and the one presented to us in the opening of the thread. The people in the OP won't use their firearms to oppress the rights of others, same can't be said of your picture.

But I understand what you and others are doing, can't really debate so lets just derail the thread. Pathetic.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
How many people were killed???? None you say?! Imagine that.... this is great

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by HerkLoad
reply to post by stargatetravels

Paranoid delusions? I think not. The historical sequence is ALWAYS: Legislate, Confiscate, Subjegate, Exterminate. (Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Ahmein, Pot, Obama?)

Events like the OP described are just a peaceful reminder to those in charge that we have no intention of rolling over. Keep up the good work, Idaho!

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin

At least you're honest, showing your true colours.
You would honestly put the democratically elected leader of The United States of America in a list with Adolf Hitler and crazed dictators??

[*SNIP*]
edit on 2/24/2013 by AshleyD because: Mod edit: Civility and decorum are required at all times.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
This has been one of the most inspiring op's I've ever seen on ats! Those pictures need to go viral!

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Wow, that is Fantastic!

"True" and "honored" comes to mind.

Thanks for this!

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Originally posted by spyder550
So this was like cosplay??

Reading Google news it appears that this event was attended by 10s of people around the country.
edit on 23-2-2013 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2013 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

Interesting that you didn't post a link to said news... And a picture is worth a thousand words so is Google the liar or are you?

Carrying (wearing guns) -- no ammunition -- cosplay. What would you call it??

Atlanta Ga 10s of people and the illustrious Ga senator who says the science he learned in med school came straight from the devil in hell.

What 10s of gun cosplayers look like
edit on 24-2-2013 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Op, thanks much for sharing your attendance and the images. Couldn't make it south but looks like the turn out was well for the state.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

If the constitution was what you cared about there would be no TSA or Patriot act or the heap of other BS that goes against what the FF envisioned for your country
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

If you think that the average citizen had any say in the NDAA and the Patriot Act, both of which I detest, as do most other Americans, then you don't understand the entire election process, and the fact that the nomination process is rigged, 95% of Americans have no say in who gets nominated, and furthermore, that Congress doesn't vote based on what the "electorate" wants, but rather what the lobbyists who bribe them, want.(Please don't tell me that people can vote in primaries, because if you do, you do not understand the rigged nomination process, the near impossibility for third parties to realistically compete, and the wealth involved in getting a nomination. I have detailed all of these many times in the past. If you wish to be educated on it, visit some of my old posts)
Furthermore, the main reason for the 2nd Amendment is so that American citizens can hold a gun to the head of government, if they go too far. They are quickly getting to that point.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
My State - New York

Albany - February 28, 2013 - High Noon! #NY2A Rally - Be there!

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Know what really burns my ass ? (besides a 3 foot flame lol) Just because someone thinks we need gun control does not make them "anti gun".

Using this kind of rhetoric is just inflammatory and serves no real purpose. So as long as those words are going to be used to describe how I feel, I shall start calling you pro-gun people "pro-murder". And encourage all people to do the same until they are willing to use real arguments over silly name calling.

So, to all my "pro-murder" friends... I pose a hypothetical scenario ..... You're walking down the street with your firearm (something completely legal for argument's sake) and you see a man holding another man at gun point. What do you do ?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Then I guess the educated, the high IQ types, have lost their survival instincts.

I will try to make this simple for you.

If your right, then we'll all be fine. If we're right, we will still be here and you and yours will go the route of the all the other extinct species. IQ is useless unless applied. There are many forms of "education".

On this one you get an F.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Eshel

Pull out my gun and start shooting everyone I see, even innocent bystanders!

Is that the response your fishing for?

The only obvious response is to first, call for reinforcements, I believe the number is still 911. Then ascertain what is actually taking place.

Is it a mugging or other armed robbery? If yes, either shoot the offender dead where he stands, or attempt to force him to drop his weapon. The second option is risky, as it involves you trusting a violent gun toting criminal to comply.

Is it someone defending themselves? If yes, I would attempt to help restrain the assailant until the boys in blue showed up.

Is it a domestic dispute? I would be very careful getting involved, if you shoot the attacker, the victim may turn on you for killing their " love" who only hits them " when they deserve it".

So as you can see it can be messy, no matter what, but it is probably better to follow your gut in such a situation. Some folks arent cut out for defusing such situations, or following through when reason fails to work.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Not really fishing for any particular answer. Just hoping to shed some light on situations that are a little "grey" and therefore maybe bring some real thought into the discussion instead of heated arguing.

Your reply was the most rational response I've had to that question and I applaud you for it.
And in a perfect world your response would be the preferred one. But how many people would be able to ascertain the situation in that short amount of time? Like you said, few are cut out for such scenarios.

I can't tell you how many people I've asked this went straight to pulling their own gun on the gun holder without a second's thought. Then when given a scenario where the gun holder was defending themselves against a mugger, they just became angry and resulted to name calling.

Guess it just hurts some people to think... lol

In all honesty though.. I do kinda wish you would've replied maybe a little later so maybe people wouldn't see the possible scenarios and maybe forced to look into their own thought processes... LOL

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

When you have to wait until someone aims a loaded weapon at you to feel threatened, it is too late.

I avoid guns, because they make me feel uncomfortable, and would stay away from that rally. I won't fight for laws that do no good and only encourage rebellion in people who think that they are bodies and can save themselves by killing other bodies. But, on the other hand, if the majority of the population doesn't want them, I will support them by voting accordingly.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I marched with the Second Amendment Sisters in Orlando when the Million Mom March decided to protest the NRA convention. Rosie O Donnell spearheaded the MMM there. Only a handful showed up for their protest.

The liberals have nothing on us!!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sorgfelt
reply to post by hawkiye

When you have to wait until someone aims a loaded weapon at you to feel threatened, it is too late.

I avoid guns, because they make me feel uncomfortable, and would stay away from that rally. I won't fight for laws that do no good and only encourage rebellion in people who think that they are bodies and can save themselves by killing other bodies. But, on the other hand, if the majority of the population doesn't want them, I will support them by voting accordingly.

I'm sure you would appreciate China then. But of course many of them have martial arts training.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join