It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd Amendment Day of Resistance Armed Rally at My Capital

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by stargatetravels

At least you're honest, showing your true colours. You would honestly put the democratically elected leader of The United States of America in a list with Adolf Hitler and crazed dictators?? Just sick. Deep, serious mental problems. I would go and seek help before it's too late, this isn't even an insult, I'm deadly serious

Really now how many people has that "democratically elected" potus killed?

How many folks in those pictures killed anyone?

Who are the "mental" ones?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

Originally posted by Alfie1

Actually, having read several of these gun threads now it is obvious that many posters are ready to " oppress the rights of others ".

Is it not a form of tyranny in itself to threaten armed violence against elected officials thereby trampling on the rights of those who elected them ?

1. WHO had been threatened by the protestors, and WHO had been declaring or using violence during those protests?

No one. So cut your semantic and illogical progression BS, to twist fence sitters to your irrational view.

All that the protestors did was to carry their arms with them, and THAT IS NOT A CRIME IN USA. They had NOT chambered up their weapons with bullets or even hold ANYONE hostage or made any reference to violence.

And NO ONE was threatened or hurt/harmed during the protests, which speaks so much more for americans than other protests in other nations by their violent citizens.

All honest americans did was to protest, as is still a right of american citizens, though I am not sure about others here, from they way they reply to this thread and must have came from repressive states and thus their inability to understand universal rights but resort to groveling and kneeling before powers and chide anyone else who do not follow their submissive ways.
edit on 24-2-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

Where did I say anything about protest meetings ? I have no idea what was said or not said at those meetings. I was plainly referring to ATS gun threads so your rant is irrelevant.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Friends there seems to be a concerted effort to derail this thread and shut it down by a few posters. Please do not engage them anymore and just stick to the topic. Which is honorable peaceable assembly with the right to keep and bear arms as the true Americans pictured here in the OP have set an example of. Thanks!
edit on 24-2-2013 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Eshel

The reason for my response wasnt entirely my own work. I was trained by the U.S. ARMY to be ready to be suprised and be ready to assess and then adapt, to just about any situation.

Doesnt do soldiers any good to just shoot whatever in a fire fight, one must assess the situation, find targets, and locate the friendlies in a split second. It is just basically SOP I wrote as a response.

Always alert others first, as if you go down and they dont know the sitrep, no help is coming in enough time to help you.

Assess the environment for threats, know which are immediate, and which are secondary hazards.

Locate friendlies, as it is a no go to shoot your guys.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Just a observation. Don't take my observation as a stance on gun control..just on "stereotypical groups with guns".

Lotta baseball caps in that crowd.

At least you're honest in your stereotyping, bigotry, race-baiting.

*shakes head*

Explain how I did any of that.
I simply pointed out observations of the photos provided. they are 100% Caucasian, no? Do you see many suits? Do you see a disproportunate amount of caps on the men than your standard sampling?
Again...stating what a picture is showing is not bigotry or race baiting. As far as stereotyping..I am pointing out how they themselves are acting the stereotype.

So...now what...I am supposed to be politically correct against vision?
I asked a question, pointed something out, and you, instead of answering it back with any honesty, decided you didn't like the answer you yourself would give...so instead just attacked the line of questioning.

I ask again..if it was all black people dressing their stereotype..what would the narration of this thread be?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by stargatetravels
reply to post by SaturnFX

Absolutely, you're spot on.
Can you also imagine if this group or larger group were Muslims doing the exact same thing, all had guns strapped to them and it was called 'Muslims for the constitution' can you imagine the same posters in this thread and what they would be saying.

Your post is just honest, you will just get grief and called a race-baiter but I think you make an excellent point.

edit on 24-2-2013 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

Yes. and maybe the people that are doing the righteous indignation thing will pause and actually properly consider what these pictures would symbolize if the demographics were different.

Just felt like pointing that out. The line between heros and villians appear to be perception and familiarity.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by Hopechest

When yous guys are done with your state, can you come to mine?

Like all "grassroots conservative movements", there is a high percentage chance they will in fact be loaded up in a corporate sponsored bus and shipped from town to town...you know...grassroots.

Follow the money

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
its not about laws... the school massacre would have stopped at "don't murder" if laws had anything to do with the individual in question.. adding more laws for guns does not stop an individual from IGNORING any law that gets in way of his plans.

Suspect - "Im going to murder children today."
Suspect - "DOH! now i cant, they made a law forbidding guns.."

seriously.. that's your argument..

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Pictures of citizens of towns and cities openly walking around with assault rifles is GREAT for tourism. I'm about ready to write off your entire country and never spend any of my tourist dollars there again.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Do police show up to protests with cardboard placards and corrugated assault weapons? Do police use force, fear, and intimidation to achieve their objectives? Using your flawed or one-sided logic, police are terrorists. What country do you reside in?

link   

I simply pointed out observations of the photos provided. they are 100% Caucasian, no? Do you see many suits? Do you see a disproportunate amount of caps on the men than your standard sampling?
Again...stating what a picture is showing is not bigotry or race baiting. As far as stereotyping..I am pointing out how they themselves are acting the stereotype.

Did you see everyone, or just people in the photo? Rush to judge, make blanket statements?

I asked a question, pointed something out, and you, instead of answering it back with any honesty, decided you didn't like the answer you yourself would give...so instead just attacked the line of questioning.

Be who you want.

I ask again..if it was all black people dressing their stereotype..what would the narration of this thread be?

What in the blue bloody hell is a "black" stereotype? If it were orange people in blue leotards assembling to assert their rights then I would applaud it!

Race. *bah*

Just more fracking divisiveness if you ask me.

link   

Originally posted by sensfan
Pictures of citizens of towns and cities openly walking around with assault rifles is GREAT for tourism. I'm about ready to write off your entire country and never spend any of my tourist dollars there again.

Keep in mind, every state is significantly different. What is going on in random Midwestern areas isn't going on in places like California, New York, etc...

Its like..if the southern French are doing something completely off the wall and obscure..do you write off all of Europe because of them?
Some may...you gotta be a bit more open than that.

The curse and blessing of diversity is that you will always find both something you love and hate in the same land overall...so ya..choose your states should you come visit based on what attracts you. some may like the rugged survivalist type feel of the Midwestern "fly over" states.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Yea but this isn't Costa Rica u really don't have a clue do u. Chicago and LA have some pretty strict laws yet more people r killed in those 2 Cities by guns than anywhere else. Chicago u know the place that doesn't have a single gun store yet every single gang banger walks around with 1 laws won't change n e thing for them only for regular joes like me its totally BS and I applaud these courageous people keep it up fight for your rights because 1st will go the guns than ull c your precious freedom of speech go bye bye

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
Friends there seems to be a concerted effort to derail this thread and shut it down by a few posters. Please do not engage them anymore and just stick to the topic. Which is honorable peaceable assembly with the right to keep and bear arms as the true Americans pictured here in the OP have set an example of. Thanks!

For whatever reason, I find the picture in your OP of the young couple with rifles slung at their backs the most depressing and disturbing. Hard to believe this is a scene from a supposedly !st world country.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

For whatever reason, I find the picture in your OP of the young couple with rifles slung at their backs the most depressing and disturbing. Hard to believe this is a scene from a supposedly !st world country.

Why is that because it proves your paradigm is false and that Guns do not cause violence as you believe? It can be depressing when the cold hard facts prove long held beliefs are false... Hope your feeling better soon.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Did you see everyone, or just people in the photo? Rush to judge, make blanket statements?

I commented on the pictures presented...sort of the point.
the ones out of the photo could have been in tuxedos wearing blue paint on their face...but that was not presented of course..
I would guess that any off frame were not dramatically different than what was in focus however.

Be who you want.

What in the blue bloody hell is a "black" stereotype? If it were orange people in blue leotards assembling to assert their rights then I would applaud it!

There are black people, white people, orange people, etc. Then there are the stereotypes (purposeful).
I have no issues with white people...I do have issues with the backwoods redneck country racists..that is a stereotype they choose to portray..they work hard at it..they buy specific gear to be identified in that group.
Same with black people whom choose to have their identity associated with a specific stereotype.

You can choose to not like stereotypes. That is not a racist thing in the same way you can choose to not like a specific brand of music. Nobody is born in skinny jeans and a ironic tee-shirt...your safe to simply call hipsters as a bunch of creeps...same with the gangsta culture, the redneck culture, the etc.

Race. *bah*

Just more fracking divisiveness if you ask me.

The interesting bit is this...the people least likely to get into gun violence are the ones most pro gun. (the rural types are far more interested in this subject). Cities are rife with gun violence, and those are also the places that are simply sick of em.

In a way...its a bit like being pro war away from the front lines without seeing the damage it causes. I don't blame the average responsible gun owners...but rather, the tracking, all one needs is some poor fake ID and you can buy a armory at a trade show..sell it on the streets untraced, and voila..next gangland warfare erupts using weapons that some rural guy bought once and sold off for whatever.

Gah, this is sounding more like a stance on guns..its not. I do have a stance on gun control in trade shows and tracking overall. the system needs to tighten up in those regards.
I am just saying that ok..fine...a bunch of country bumpkins went to their country city hall and waved their rifles around. good for them..now lets see them go into the ghettos and stand vigil for a few months...go see what is going on with the irresponsible system we have today....until then..they are just armchair generals in a war they refuse to see.

-total rant here-

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Why is that because it proves your paradigm is false and that Guns do not cause violence as you believe? It can be depressing when the cold hard facts prove long held beliefs are false... Hope your feeling better soon.

No, I think it is because young couples should be in love with life and not obsessed with machines of death. It is repulsively unnatural.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

No, I think it is because young couples should be in love with life and not obsessed with machines of death. It is repulsively unnatural.

So you are against cars then since they kill far more people then guns do, you must cringe every time you see those depressing and disturbing machines of death all around you everywhere you go. In fact how do you do go out of the house with so many machines of death destruction and mayhem permeating modern Life?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

So you are against cars then since they kill far more people then guns do, you must cringe every time you see those depressing and disturbing machines of death all around you everywhere you go. In fact how do you do go out of the house with so many machines of death destruction and mayhem permeating modern Life?

Ironic that just a few posts after blupblup's great post above you should resort to the car nonsense.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join