It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd Amendment Day of Resistance Armed Rally at My Capital

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I can't wrap my head around people who think if you have a gun for protection, carrying it in public is a threat.

How can you protect yourself if you gun is home in the safe?

Just like hunting would be very difficult if the gun wasn't with you.

Should we enjoy all of our rights by not using them?

Darwin Award for sure...they would never survive if left alone in Chicago or the woods.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
There is an experiment in many Psych 1A books about how young monkeys are not afraid of snakes until they see another monkey (or a movie of another monkey) reacting in fear to the sight of a snake.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

NYC, yes definitely, guns are already banned there.

Up here in reality, they allowed the people to be armed at the last rally.

I should say, the city of Albany had no problem with it, but you couldn't step foot on state property if you were carrying.

Which doesn't make sense, because enough are allowed to carry in the state......trying to understand Thise people makes my head hurt.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Just watching the liberal crowd foaming at the mouth in this thread,

Great pictures by the way OP....and what is wrong with walking around with a weapon? Does holding a firearm mean you have to shoot it?

edit on 23-2-2013 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Here's twitter pics from all over the country.

The last picture is one of the anti gun rallies today. One lonely guy, sleeping with his arse hanging out.

twitchy.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

I carry mace with me and a pocket knife.

I can't always be with my big strong husband. And can't make myself throw up, so gotta do something.

So I guess I am threatening? That mace could jump out of pocket at any minute and get ya!!
edit on 23-2-2013 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

I love that picture!
edit on 23-2-2013 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Saving lives has nothing to do with why people want to ban guns, if people want to save lives they would better spend their time and efforts getting tobacco banned. They could save almost 500,000 more lives every year (in the U.S. alone) by getting tobacco banned than they could by getting guns banned and the most important thing is that tobacco isn`t a right but owning a gun is.
If you really do want to save lives than it makes no sense to not get tobacco banned.
people need to be honest with themselves for why they are doing something.if your motives aren`t pure than you aren`t doing anything honorable.
edit on 23-2-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
I say some of the safest places on EARTH and you use 3 American cities as examples

How about Japan?

And some people say 80% of Americans dont have passports like its a bad thing

Im officially out of this thread, I wont be responding, not because your arguments or stupid or I dont have a rebuttal, basically just because its not worth the aggravation, yall enjoy your guns and school massacres

Japan has guns, its just very expensive so not many own them, but japan has gang violence problems and increasing crime rates, many are hurt by yakuza gangsters every year by murder, blackmail, fraud, drug trafficking, etc. In japan the people are helpless to the rampant corruption, abuse and gang activities but it's well hidden by threats, bribery and blackmail. "peaceful, crime free" Japan is a lie, a bad example of "safe".

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
The government and tptb have an agenda to disarm the public. We can only guess what they are really doing. They have ramped up emotion in the sheep to get them to go along. The sheep think they are accomplishing A, whilst tptb are really going after B.

My head will just be on working with others to stop A and B, and forget about the why.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Of course it was peaceful. It was peaceful because the Police did not turn up in riot gear. Occupy should have another round of protests except this time they should use their 2nd Amendment rights.

P

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

So what you are saying is no one perceived a threat from these "crazed gun toters"?

If anyone felt threatened they would have sent in the police, correct?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

I think he was pointing out that there wouldn't of been any violence unless police were illegally sent to break up a constitutionally protected rally, and people rightfully decided they did not want to go to jail for a bs charge.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by BobSwagger

I was trying to point out the fact that no one felt threatened by the people carrying guns. Specifically because previous posters keep stating how walking into the courthouse with guns is threatening. Anyone carrying a gun is a threat.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
It's taken quite a while to get through this thread - but I applaud the mods and the people of Idaho for their restraint - both the citizens exercising their rights and the legislators/other tptb government officials.

Texas is NOT an open carry state, but we do have some interesting capabilities. One of which is that citizens that are concealed weapon license holders do NOT have to succumb to security checkpoints in Austin's government buildings. There has been a tremendous number of legislators and citizens who interact with the government on a regular basis taking the time and training to get their CHL in order to avoid the long lines and security screenings.

It seems here in Texas we understand that CHL holders are fine, upstanding citizens who have been vetted and approved to carry weapons - even in the halls of government.

ganjoa

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ganjoa
It's taken quite a while to get through this thread - but I applaud the mods and the people of Idaho for their restraint - both the citizens exercising their rights and the legislators/other tptb government officials.

Texas is NOT an open carry state, but we do have some interesting capabilities. One of which is that citizens that are concealed weapon license holders do NOT have to succumb to security checkpoints in Austin's government buildings. There has been a tremendous number of legislators and citizens who interact with the government on a regular basis taking the time and training to get their CHL in order to avoid the long lines and security screenings.

It seems here in Texas we understand that CHL holders are fine, upstanding citizens who have been vetted and approved to carry weapons - even in the halls of government.

ganjoa

Murdock v. Penn. 319 US 105: (1943)
“A state may not impose a charge for the enjoyment of a right granted by the Federal Constitution... No state may convert any secured liberty into a privilege and issue a license and a fee for it.”

Shuttlesworth v. Birmingham Al. 373 US 262: (1962)
“If the state does convert your right into a privilege and issue a license and a fee for it, you can
ignore the license and a fee and engage the right with impunity.”

Not knocking Texas but the supreme court has ruled that the state can not convert a right to a privilege and issue a license and charge a fee for it. So requiring a permit for CH carry is unconstitutional along with prohibiting open carry. Even though Idaho is an open carry state it still requires a permit to conceal carry too so even Idaho is not perfect. But this knowledge of the constitution needs to become household knowledge and eventually people will stand up for their rights!

privateaudio.homestead.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

edit on 24-2-2013 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

edit on 24-2-2013 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Never read the constitution huh?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
This world is some how run by a certain click of power players, whom become empowered mostly by birth, genealogy. Possibly more than one click exists and they may even be at odds with each other. But make no mistake, these people are likened to a kind of parasitic maggot.

These maggots want to eat you, so they don't care how many drunks with guns, drunks or drunks in cars, or just plain cars, or bombs, kill people. You have protection against the maggots. So the maggots, want to some how dispose of your protection. Because the maggots want to eat you.

This is not rocket science.
edit on 24-2-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

Obviously doesn't know the constitution.

There was no threat, it is THEIR RIGHT. As it is, the government should be afraid of the people, not the other way around.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

They are not even American, so forget about them

But American citizens need to be aware of what's going on, especially those in the anti gun crowd.

We all have a right to carry whenever we want.

I told my husband I might put myself up as the sacrificial lamb.

Get arrested and take it to court. Anyone with deep pockets want to help me? That's the problem, money. You have to have it to fight back.

edit on 24-2-2013 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join