It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man with high-powered rifles and ‘tank buster’ bullets arrested for posting liberal ‘hit list�

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Nyack-Piermont Patch reported that police searched Mulqueen’s home and found two high-powered rifles, two bayonets, a sword, a knuckle knife, body armor and ammunition. Included in the 100 rounds of ammunition were 27 so-called “tank buster” .50 caliber armor-piercing shells

I see a lever action rifle and a mosin nagant (bolt action) in the video. And 100 rounds??? That's one helleva stockpile!!!!! (no, not really)

To my knowledge, Ive never seen someone use a mosin nagant to fire .50cal rounds, quickly taking down an M1 Abrams. Ive never heard of a lever action rifle that is able to blow apart a tank either.

I guess he had that "knuckle knife" and sword as backup if his .50cal lever action and .50cal bolt action mosin couldnt take down those darn tanks quick enough....

As another poster pointed out the possibility that the cops thought that the mosin 7.62x54r ammo was somehow a .50 cal round because of the 54r part.....I wouldnt be suprised if the cops really actually thought that the 54r made the round .50cal.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Those were not 54R rounds. “R” designates “Rimmed” They are clearly rimless, which would match 30-06 or 50 cal.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny
reply to post by buni11687

Those were not 54R rounds. “R” designates “Rimmed” They are clearly rimless, which would match 30-06 or 50 cal.

yes

7.62X 54 are rimmed, so is 3040 krag 3030 winchester and many revolver rounds
3006 is rimless, so is 50bmg and 20mm

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by solomons path
reply to post by macman

Mac . . . I don't think that flak is old. Looks like the standard frag vests that you can pick up for 150-200 dollars. Definitely not "bullet proof" though, as you said. Typical LI or II kevlar.

The camo pattern is that of the Vietnam era.

If it were DS era, it would be tan or desert colors. After that would be the failed Digi cam and then there were some different patterns introduced.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by lynxpilot

Although the A-10 can carry considerable disposable stores, its primary built-in weapon is the 30 mm GAU-8/A Avenger Gatling-type cannon. One of the most powerful aircraft cannons ever flown, it fires large depleted uranium armor-piercing shells. In the original design, the pilot could switch between two rates of fire: 2,100 or 4,200 rounds per minute;[49] this was changed to a fixed rate of 3,900 rounds per minute.[50] The cannon takes about half a second to come up to speed, so 50 rounds are fired during the first second, 65 or 70 rounds per second thereafter.

en.wikipedia.org...

It is not a .50 cal round or weapon system.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 007Polytoks

I agree.

I will bet dinner that he did not have such rounds.

Man, I am tired of hearing stupid media say stupid stuff.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The fact remains, the man made open written threats directly towards members.
he should have just did the deed and and kept it to himself

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SPECULUM

Don’t put the cart before the horse. We haven’t even seen what the “threats” were at this point. Just a couple quoted words that hold no context. We don’t even know if the quoted texts were even used in the same sentence.

Saying that you will kill someone if they attack you is perfectly legal. Saying that you will defend yourself if someone does something illegal to you, is legal. Someone can take chunks of that statement and use them out of context to imply that you are threading them. But you are not threatening them, you are warning them. Like a “beware of dog” sign. If you enter this space, you will get attacked.

edit on 22-2-2013 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I think we should ban 100 dollar guns. This guy would have nothing then........

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by goou111
... Included in the 100 rounds of ammunition ...

Holy smokes 100 rounds of ammunition! 100 is a way more bigger number than 10.

So that's where all this ammo shortage is coming from. That's like ... a whole..... 2..... boxes of ammo...

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
50 cal is a tank buster?

Geez why do they make those rockets to blow up tanks then ?

Love to see a moron try to shoot a M1 with a 50 cal. someone is going to have their day ruined and it isn't going to be anyone sitting in a tank.

No surprise when it comes to all things "guns" and media they do love to lie.
edit on 22-2-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

The M107 can pierce tank armor.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Uh......What????
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

Why are those called tank busters?

They are called tank busters to scare the # out of the little old ladies and ignorant housewives,
This is called "PSYWAR"
and the "news" is so full of it that they will undoubtedly brainwash the majority of the nation if not stopped....
I almost fall for it myself at times when not really paying attention...
50 cal may pierce an armoured limo or such,maybe even an apc from some angles....
But tank buster NOT!
Do not inderestimate the power of the media slant......
They lie constantly, and err to the bloodthirsty side whenever they can to demonize, the gun owners of any stripe.
The propaganda is so blatant to the initiated they forget how many are fooled.....
We need EQUAL TIME....theoretically anyways....
So its up to those who stand by the constitution, the 2nd amendment, and the other basic principals of the founding of America,to speak up LOUD and LONG......... its THEonly REAL CHANCE FOR LIBERTY TO REIGN.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Lol..

BARRETT m107.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The quality or lack-there-of of his "arsenal" and media hyperbole aside...Men dumb as he is posting hate filled hit-lists on FB of folks he wants to kill, shouldn't own a gun. Glad the local cops are talking to him.

Also this bit

Previous criminal convictions meant that it was illegal for Mulqueen to possess the weapons.

edit on 22-2-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
The M107 can pierce tank armor.

Penetrate a water tank? Or a main battle tank?

If you are referring to the M107 155mm howitzer projectile, then yes.
If you are referring to the variant of the Barrett M82, not so much.

The idea that they can penetrate through main battle tank armor when they can’t even reliably penetrate through a rail car tank is a bit absurd.

Sr Vice President of Trinity Trail Group
The assertions put forth about the threat to rail from fifty caliber rifles have no basis in reality. We exhaustively test our chemical rail car designs against all types of firearms, including fifty caliber. In almost all tests the bullet simply bounced off. The worst-case scenario we could demonstrate was a tiny leak equivalent to a hand-valve that wasn’t completely closed. Leaks of that scale happen every day all across America.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

50 cal is a tank buster?

Geez why do they make those rockets to blow up tanks then ?

Love to see a moron try to shoot a M1 with a 50 cal. someone is going to have their day ruined and it isn't going to be anyone sitting in a tank.

Just 27 of them, too. I've probably got 10x that of APIT 50BMG sitting in my garage.

Worse, looking at his "two high powered rifles", neither is chambered for 50BMG, looks like a Mosin or Garand and some 30 cal hunting rifle.
edit on 22-2-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

Why are those called tank busters?

Never heard them called tank busters either the police or the media coined the term.

I guess you could call them Bradley busters, they'll go through a Bradley or an APC.

Since a lot of cops like to play tank with that sort of thing, I could see how it might scare them.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by 007Polytoks
Firstly, where is their proof that he even wrote this list?

Secondly, how is the statement of his supposed "housekeeper" considered 100% proof of his "crime"?

What if she disliked him for some reason, and decided to get back at him?

Thirdly, this kind of # is exactly what the government loves to flaunt: "tell on your parent's, tell on your kids, tell on your employers". Pathetic snitch mentality at best. Trying to devolve our society into some Fascist spy State; people have seemingly forgot about honor, and integrity, now its all fair game to "get ahead". Or to win favor with "Big Brother".

you are so right ... there was a security hole at Facebook but it was fixed .....

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Uh......What????
en.wikipedia.org...

The media is all in a furor of banning the magical number 10.

You know what, if you can make a "handgun" which takes those as armaments and holds more then 10 "rounds" in the chamber, and can carry it on your person - you have my blessing to "open carry"

On your person - means in your hands or in a holster without any augmented lifting devices or being attached to any mechanical conveyance attached to the ground or other vehicle.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join